[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Requested perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Neither Nyx or you found anything of interest. The group continued forward.

Mysticsage

"Nyx, if you can sense any more of those creatures nearby feel free to start draining them." Amelia whispered.

[info]next perception check if needed to move forward
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Nyx nodded. His eyes looked on ahead. But then you noticed he glanced at Thyra behind him. Then finally back towards you.

"I feel mana everywhere." Nyx replied back softly. Thrya immediately picked up on it, and narrowed her eyes, looking straight at Nyx. Nyx noticed but continued to speak anyways. "It's in the air, in the walls... It's thicker here than what would be outside. There's another strange thing... I sense just three other goblins in this cave. But from what I can tell, there are four rooms including this one."

As he passed by a crystal protruding from a wall, Nyx stopped.

"There's a room behind this." Nyx said glancing at the crystal. "A small one."

Mysticsage

"A secret fourth room?" Amelia paused as she moved up to feel the wall in question. "Now I am curious to see what is inside here."

Throndir

"Well, there's a 5th room... kind of. Though, it's more like a hallway that ends abruptly." Nyx explained.

The crystal wall itself had no evident ways of getting past it.

Mysticsage

"Well, let's clear out the rest of this place and see if we can't find a way into these secret rooms," Amelia said. "Because the Guild claims this is only a three-room dungeon. Thrya Kurt do have any talents for finding secret doors? Without destroying the wall of course. If not maybe the Core room might have some answers."

As they talk Amelia will have Nyx push forward to take care of the remaining goblins.

Throndir

QuoteRoll another Perception, include one per post as default

Mysticsage

[info]Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 10 + 4, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The group continued to make their way through the hallway. The walls were covered in crystals, both large and small, your group kept on alert, but at the midway point of the tunnel there was a glint from ahead of you, and a second later a long pointed crystal shot forth from the other end of the hallway. Nyx was able to get out of the way. However, the spear lodged into your shoulder.

QuoteRough Status
Amelia: Badly Wounded

"Hero! Thyra called out in panic as both she and Kurt moved to get closer.

Mysticsage

"I'm okay," Amelia lied gritting her teeth as she did her best to keep standing, "Don't get yourselves hurt because I was stupid."

She watched were the crystal spear had come from careful to watch if it was regrowing for a second attack. She had seen these types of traps before in games. "We need to move before we get hit with a second attack!" She called holding her shoulder as she went to round the corner out of sight of the trap.

"I need to remove this-" She said grabbing the crystal as she saw bits of blood well at the edge. "I'm gonna need a heal Nyx." She called as he ripped the stone from her shoulder with a loud F-bomb as she slide down against a wall to avoid any additional traps for a moment.

[info]
I moved in roll 20 I imagine so has Nyx

perception check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/blockquote]

[/info]

Throndir

As you and your group moved forward out of the hallway, you managed to catch sight of the crystal spear beginning to reform again. Though the process itself was slow. If you were to guess, coming back out this would probably have been reset, at the very least you at least knew about its existence.

"Restore!" Nyx said, and with that your wounds started to heal up. Both Kurt and Thyra noticed as well, and their eyes opened in surprise.

"Your familiar, Nyx, can use healing magic too?"

"Tis indeed rare... With this, thy can heal the entire front lines..." Thyra said softly, her voice in amazement.

"I see something up ahead... Goblins." Nyx said. "Three of them."

Mysticsage

"It's a single target ability I'm afraid good for groups or one on one but the Army would be a stretch," Amelia said putting the large blood covered spear in her bag. "Thanks for the gift," she spat sarcastically.

When Nyx mentioned more goblins her jaw set further, "Drain them if you need to, Nyx just clean them up quick. That last hit has tried my patience and I'm not going to have any kind of core stop me from getting through this place," she said menacingly her anger aura beginning to show itself again.

[info]
Readying bow and arrow if needed but letting Nyx kill them

Perception check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote]

[/info]

Throndir

Nyx sped off then, while Thyra covered your back, and Kurt stayed on front.

QuoteInitiative requested

"Energy Transfer!" Nyx called out, and one of the goblins crumpled down. The goblins attempted to attack Nyx, but he moved out of the way of both attacks.

Mysticsage

[info]Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16[/blockquote][/info]