[Amelia] Chapter 13: The Alliance's Demands

Started by Mysticsage, April 30, 2019, 12:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The duke shook his head.

"Thank you for the offer, hero of Mendernich, but much the same, I am more comfortable out here with my men. If that is all, then our meeting here is done. And..." He paused as he looked towards you. "And handmaiden Amelia, you have my apologies for getting caught up in the middle of national politics. This is a matter primarily between the Felencorp, the leaders of Mendernich, and the hero." In a louder voice he yelled out loud so that most of his men could hear.

"We wait until tomorrow morning! Then the Alliance will finally be able to meet the hero!" With that, he turned his horse around as his knights followed, with so much as a farewell.

King Richmond sighed next to you. "I'm quite sorry for all of this... Handmaiden Amelia." King Richmond said, correcting himself before calling you the hero, in case there were ears listening. "Please tell the hero that she has the resources of the country for whatever she may need. Duke Hallam doesn't seem to have much interest in talking with me, even though he knows how tense it is between our two nations."

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled her best smile at the duke, "I am just doing my duty, Sir, I imagine we will be seeing a lot of each other in the future. I hope you take good care of me during our dealings and don't get to upset with me when I eventually must deliver bad news,"

She watched the duke leave for a moment before responding to the king with a shaky sigh, "Thank you, your majesty, your generosity does not go unnoticed. The hero would move heaven and earth for you if she could. Your support in this matter has meant the world to her. Do you have any information readily available about the duke? You seemed to know him well enough. The hero would like to be briefed with as much as possible before tomorrow."

Then Amelia sighed, "It seems like I'm going to have a lot of work to do today, Princess Matilda can I task you with asking Miss Corina, to have a room set up for the hero in the wing, (where amelia's room is). She used a lot of her powers and will need the change of air. Please tell her to let all of the staff know." Amelia said giving her a look that said she wanted the world to know the exact place of the hero during the night.

"The hero still wants me to go to the church of light for additional matters. Healing waters and the like. Prince, Would it be to much trouble to ask you to give me a ride on your horse?"

Throndir

QuoteIf you're attempting to Convey Secret Information to Matilda, roll bluff

Mysticsage

[info]bluff
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

King Richmond nodded. "Nothing formal, though, I will tell the hero what I know." King Richmond said.

"Of course handmaiden..." Matilda said understanding your true meaning.

Lastly Kurt nodded as he lead his way back to his horse. He held out his hand for you to grab on to mount the horse.

Mysticsage

"Thank you, everyone, I'll be back in a few hours," she smiled warmly while taking Kurt's hand.

As they rode off and rounded a corner away from the others she squeezed Kurt's waist, the adrenaline in her body was almost making her vibrate. Her breathing was ragged and labored as her heart continued to pound in her ears. She couldn't dare lose control now she needed to find her center again. She leaned against Kurt placing her forward against his back listening to his breathing using that to bring her back from the edge. She had been playing with fire back with the Duke and if she had slipped even a moment it would have been really bad.

"Thank you for being their Kurt, I don't think I could have stayed so calm with everything if I didn't have all of you standing behind me. My mind was racing so fast and yet I couldn't lose focus for a second. I know this is the kind of thing you and your family have been dealing with for months. I did my best to live up to the standard you have shown me every day. I just hope I'll be able to continue to match it."
she said with a dry chuckle as the weight of what happened started to hit her.

"I'm sorry, that I've brought nothing but trouble to everyone, I'm not a 'hero', but I'm trying my best with who I am. I can only hope that if I do everything possible in my power it will be enough. I promise, no matter what happens I'll keep the hope of this place alive."