[Amelia] Chapter 13: The Alliance's Demands

Started by Mysticsage, April 30, 2019, 12:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]
I am wearing the handmaid outfit from the meeting of the churches over which is my leather armor and I've got my dagger strapped under my dress.

For humor sake, I think this is the first or second time depending on if we have ridden horses in the story before. she would ride with Kurt.
[/info]

Mysticsage

Amelia rides up clinging to Kurt's torso to not fall off the horse until they get to the gate, "King Richmond, can you make a good introduction for me? I need to be seen as the handmaiden of the hero with some amount of authority to speak in her stead. "

"All I need you to do is set the stage then I will do my best from there," she says as she sees the angered group of men. "I just need to know that they have been sent by their government and speak with their authority."

She then whispers into Kurt's ear, "I think I have a plan, I just need you to trust me and stand your ground even if things get dicey."

Throndir

The king nodded at you as he motioned the gate guards to draw the gate up. The guards then began the process of raising it up.

One of the knights next to King Richmond then loudly proclaimed. "The Sovereign King of Bürsteig, His Majesty, King Richmond!" With that, the group strode forward, the knights either flanking King Richmond or in position behind him.

"Duke Hallam of the Felencorp... What brings you here?"

"You very well know. Your refusal to let us speak or even see the hero you have summoned. And do not speak of the heroes injuries as an excuse! You haven't even let our own doctors and healers take a look, it's as if we're barred to even see her! It's preposterous! Do not forget that your country is beholden to the Felencorp United Alliance!"

The knights around the king tensed, but King Richmond held his hand up in a stand-down gesture towards his hands. "We have here the handmaiden of the hero herself." The King said, glancing towards you and Kurt. Kurt then moved his horse up, striding up forward with you behind him.

Mysticsage

Amelia slid off the horse slowly doing her best to look both non-threatening and at the same time confident as she stepped forward in front of the crowd. Something in the lizard center of her brain brought her back to that one elementary school play where she had vomited, because the flu was going around, instead of the dozen of other shows in high school that had gone perfectly. She took a short, deep breath in order to steady herself in the space after all the only thing that could go wrong was being sold into slavery.

Glancing over to see that her friend's list was still open she began to set her plan in motion, "Duke Hallam, the hero wishes to extend her greetings to you and your men. My name is Amelia, I'm sure that you have word of me from my meetings with Father Bentham. The hero realizes that you have traveled far to see her and appreciates your efforts, and thus sent me both to greet you and to offer her apologies for the inconvenience her current situation has caused your nation and you in particular."

Amelia fell to her knees in the open square in front of the gate placing her forehead on the ground as she spoke, "The hero wished me to prostrate before you and honestly say that you have her heartfelt apology. She wished to apologize that one weak bodied girl has drawn so much of your national attention, and forced a battalion of trained fighters away from the frontline where I'm sure you would rather be spending your skill and time. Instead of protecting your families and friends from the demon threat you have been forced to come here and play the role that the diplomats should have been able to handle." She made sure that her voice was more than loud enough so that crowds around could also hear what she was saying.

Looking up at Duke Hallum in particular, she continued, "She understands that she has forced you into the position of glorified messengers and that is not something easy for warriors like yourselves is not something easily done. Coming here willing to talk as you have shows both your strength of character and your patriotism." Amelia knew that putting them on the spot like this was a risk, and the backhanded compliments may bite her in the butt later. But the more she was in control of the situation the better. And her pride would not let her grovel like this without at least proving she was not a fool.

"In honor of this, the hero asks if you would be willing to indulge her once again and askes if you would be willing to have a conversation with her here and now. The only problem being she only has the strength to talk with the one person who is in command here who has the ability to speak for felencorp and negotiate so she may not be seen as lacking."

"If you agree to this one on one conversation then we can commence this meeting in front of your men right here and now so you need not be worried about any additional trouble. The conversation will be totally private of course. She hopes that these terms are satisfactory?"

Throndir

Mysticsage

[info]Requested Diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

QuoteAlso a heads up, I'm going to be trying to follow the PF rules for diplomacy more strictly as it used to be a lot more broken in 3.5 and earlier. Influencing his attitude will take 1 minute, with a DC equivalent to what it should be in the Attitude table. Pathfinder: Diplomacy.

I'll be treating your actions above as an Influence Attitude. In the 1 minute of conversation, confirm that these are the points you are trying to make:

• Apologies for the inconvenience caused
  • Hero is a weak-bodied girl (will be requiring a Bluff check for this if you are confirming this is one of the points you'd like to make)
  • Have a conversation with the hero at this moment only to whoever is in command, and can negotiate on Felencorp's behalf

Mysticsage

[info]My main goals with this apology
1) calm them enough so they listen to the purposel
2) publically stroke their ego and prostrating toinfluencing the crowd in my favor in case they are planning on attacking making it politically awkward to do so (possibly applying audience charisma bonuses)
3) get them to agree to a one on one meeting with whoever is in command.
[/info]

[info]i would also ask at the end of my speech through friends list for Kurt and Mati to bow with me as the aid action which thousand take me to 30 or 32 if the king's introduction  helps as well[/info]

Mysticsage

Amelia had her head pressed against the ground her friend's list still open she focused on Kurt's and Mati.

"We need to show the people watching that we are trying everything to be reasonable. I'm sorry for this you two but I may need help getting out of this hole, I know it may hurt your pride and I'm asking you to do something I never want you to have to do again. But could I please ask you to bow your heads to this man so that we can beat him later down the line?" she asked both noble children.

[info]Rolling diplomacy to get Mati and Kurt to use help action and bow before felencorp but not full prostrate. This action is meant to both help with the diplomacy and help persuade the people watching to be on our side.

Kurt diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 5 + 14, total 19[/blockquote]

Mati Diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 2 + 14, total 16[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Beside you both Matilda and Kurt were fuming. King Richmond seemed to reign himself in much better, no doubt used to the Felencorp's demands. The two royal children, Matilda especially, looked to be especially angry however.

"You don't have to bow down to this jerk! He's storming here with all his people and- mmf..!" As Matilda spoke, Kurt had moved his horse to cover his sister's mouth.

"Matilda, now's not the time." He said sternly. Neither of them really bowed down, but at the very least Kurt stopped Matilda from angering the duke,

Although Kurt and Matilda did not bow down to the Felencorp duke, you continued to prostrate yourself towards him. It took a bit more for the duke to calm himself down, but he eventually smiled, though it wasn't one that looked friendly. "Hmph. I'm glad even the hero's so-called 'handmaiden' gives me the respect I am due. Though, if she's well enough to speak, I don't see why the hero can't come out here right now... Now if the actual nobility would cease being a thorn on our side, perhaps we can even push the demons back!" Te duke glanced at you in a condescending way. "Speak woman. Though our conversation with the hero need not be private. The shame of this country and it's hero is a public thing to see! To avoid the responsibilities of this war, even when this country itself had taken hundreds of acres of fertile land, people, fortresses, and families away from the Felencorp! What we ask of you is more than fair." He turned towards the king. "Relinquish the hero at once to our custody. If she is unwell, we'll put to use the resources of this world in her healing, and we've already prepared a carriage for her transport." He turned back to you. "If the hero wishes to speak, then get her to speak! Though, it changes not our deal with the country of Bürsteig."

Mysticsage

Amelia stood slowly, putting a hand out to calm the noble siblings, "As I said before, she is injured, as a result, the hero cannot speak in a conventional manner. It is difficult for a girl like me to explain It would easier for me to simply show you, my lord." A crimson color touching her cheeks.

"Would you allow me to approach you, my Lord? My Mistress thought you might feel this way and wished me to show her sincerity more directly if you will allow?"
she asked showing her strong will through her eyes.  Amelia will step forward, removing the dagger from her side letting it fall to the floor. She will take a five-foot step forward, "As I told your Father Bentham the hero can see through my eyes, but it goes further."

She will continue moving forward and assuming he is too proud to back away or stop her right after she groveled. If she is allowed to move forward, will french kiss him hard on the lips full force before he knows what has happened then back away outside of the direct stabbing range.

Mysticsage

[info] In combat terms if needed moving 15 feet forward
Kissing
Disengaging
moving 15 feet back
[/info]

Throndir

Mysticsage

[info]iniative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

QuoteSome rules clarification, Withdraw is a full-round action, so it can't be done with the rest of it, so you will trigger an AoO (potentially). Also, I'll have you to do an Acrobatics check since he's mounted, and you're on the ground, that'd require yourself to propel yourself forward to do it, especially without any help from the duke.