[Amelia] Chapter 13: The Alliance's Demands

Started by Mysticsage, April 30, 2019, 12:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Date: Day 13 - 4 PM

"Could you help me draft the request? The specifics of the language is something I still struggle with due to the summoning magic." She blushed slightly.

[info]amelia will have Conrad draft the request then have it sent off to the guild. In particular we will partially lie and say it is about the dungeon shifting. Just so felencorp does not get suspicious. Then have it delivered to the guild.

Let me know about what date this will get fulfilled for the calendar
[/info]

She also eats lunch with Conrad seeing the food. She lets him mostly eat in silence with slight small talk until after he takes a bite of his sandwich and realized it was different from the othe plate. " Hey Conrad, do you mind if I take a bite of your sandwich?"

Without thinking she leaned over like she would back home and took a bite of his food right along the lines he had. Back home her friends were used to this kind of greedy behavior though in her haste to try good food she did not think about ettiqute or sharing an indirect kiss.

Date: Day 13 - 5 PM

Amelia gets back to her room feeling envigorated looking to relax she spends the rest of the day reading her book

[info]if possible I will spend six hours to finish the book[/info]

Throndir

"Hmm... Yes, I should have realized that earlier. If you need lessons for writing, be sure to let me know as well. I'll write the letter." Conrad stated as he pulled out a scroll and an inkwell and pen. Soon enough you dictated what you wanted on it, and soon enough Conrad wrote the letter then placed the royal seal on it.

QuoteAlso state how much reward will be.

The moment you reached and ate his sandwhich, Conrad blinked his eyes. "I was... saving that." Conrad said simply.

Date: Day 13 - 5 PM - 11 PM

After you had finished with Conrad, you went back to your room to read the book. There were some visitors. Akari had came by just to tell you that her brother was still sick, but that he enjoyed the outing to see the stars. Matilda had come by as well to drop off some food, before rushing out again. Thyra had knocked and peeked through, but the moment she noticed you were busy decided to come by some other time.

QuoteWIS check requested for reading of book.

Mysticsage

"The problem is the magic translates anything I read so it is difficult to learn the difference," Amelia laughed.

When asked about the kind of reward to set she thought back to the day with Ebner and what they had set the reward at. Wanting someone both skilled, knowledgeable in the fields of magic, and willing to come at speed she decided to go with something slightly enticing.

[info]Setting reward at 600 gold for a skilled idorian mage [/info]

In response to his statement, she blushed, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I took a bite of your sandwich without thinking. Please take the rest of mine, I promise I'm not sick. I know teaching me takes a lot of energy,"

[info]requested Wis check
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/info]

[okay]keep forgetting mods so its
actually 12[/okay]

Throndir

Conrad nodded slowly. "It's quite alright, Your Provisional Majesty... You are the queen, or, will be very soon. Plus, it's just a sandwhich. I don't actually eat much, Kurt usually eats much more than I, though, with his swordsmanship training that he goes through on a daily basis, I would expect him to have a voracious appetite to match." He grinned.  "Follow on this same path that I have, with books, and magic, and you'll find that you can get by with only just a bit of food."

You began to read through the rest of the book. The stories of incest, hatred, betrayal, jealousy, and love was a common theme throughout. The stories themselves had names of various Greek gods and goddesses. After the stories of the primordial deities and their children, or, the first generation of the gods, it eventually went to talk about the twelve titans.  From there it went towards talking about the rise of Zeus, and the rest of the more known Olympians. However, the book made mentions of other pantheons as well, or seemed to at least. There were names that reminded you of Egyptian gods. And those from the Norse mythologies too. Overall, you got a sense that there were many gods and goddesses out there. You also found that most of the stories seemed to be primarily in the point of view of Greek mythology, or what you assumed was Greek anyways. There was a lot of stories until it finally came to the creation of the 'races of mankind', and it was there that the book ended.

The ending of the book had a note from the author. It was written in the same language as the first part, or at least you assumed. Before the characters transformed into something readable for you, they at least looked similar to what you remember before.

Dear Reader,

The story of the birth of your world is a varied one, where many of those divine beings have touched in order to create the world as you had seen and experienced. From before its creation with the feuds between gods and goddesses, to finally the creation of mankind, the world's history before the entrance of man was long and fraught with the meanderings and goings of the gods. The world itself is a fragile thing, one that even the slightest of push could cause the whole thing to collapse. But if not for these beings, there would be no man, the world would be devoid of anything of substance. Travel forth and and enjoy what your world has to offer, see it in a new light, make it into a whole new world.

-Artemis

QuoteYou could attempt to read and study the book for 4 hours each time, just roll a WIS check for each 4 hour attempts. Taking 20 on studying the book will be much longer at 80 hours total, but you'll get every bit of information that is written on it thoroughly known and memorized. If you are seriously going to aim for that, keep track of total hours read in your Calendar.

Mysticsage

"Wait a second, you haven't been eating properly? It's important to take care of yourself physically if you want to maintain your best mental capacity. That's why people back home learn martial arts or play sports at schools," Amelia said slightly shocked that a man like Conrad was not taking good care of himself.

"We're going to be working closely together on a number of projects that are going to take a lot of time and stamina. It will be my job as a ruler to make sure the people under me are taking care of themselves and not going to pass out from exhaustion. It's been proven that exercise helps people think faster too."

As Amelia keep talking about the value of food and exercise to the brain she seemed to just continue to build steam as she went as she came to a realiziation, "I figured how to pay you back for all this training. I'm going to put together a exercise and training regime for you that we are going to do at least a few times a week in the morning to work on your strength and stamina." Amelia said with a smile.

"And don't think about wimping out on me it's important that you eat right and exercise and I'll make this a royal order if I have too." Amelia winked, "Don't worry I promise to start slow. I'm also going to put together a meal plan for you with Corina and the cooks. I don't want to hear about you not eating properly ever again."

Amelia takes note of what little she was able to read before going off to bed with Nyx.

[info]Writing some basic notes to act as a help action when explaining this during the meeting[/info]

Throndir

Conrad groaned. "You're starting to sound like mother..." He made himself listen to you however. After you mentioned the training regime, Conrad drew a long sigh. "I really don't have the stamina for such things..." He said, complaining.

QuoteState plans for the next day

Mysticsage

"That's why we are going to start slow and make sure you don't injure yourself the goal is to work on your endurance and flexibility overall. Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't hurt yourself and I'll be with you the entire time."
She smiled at his sigh.

"I promise I'll try to make it as interesting as possible. We'll start early tomorrow so that the plans for your day are not bothered. Just make sure you dress in light breathable clothes. Oh, and make sure you wear some kind of underwear or loincloth or whatever."

[info]General Plans
Meeting Conrad in the early morning for endurance and flexibility training

Sending Nyx out back to hunt in the sewers and tell him to collect rat tails or anything else of interest for the day.

Afternoon tea to discuss books and plans
[/info]

Date: Day 14 - 8 AM

Amelia arrived a half hour early from the time she had asked Conrad to arrive finding a secluded spot in the gardens away from prying eyes where he could exercise without feeling self-conscious. She had taken a few towels and two blankets from her chamber to use as work out mats instead of working only on the hard ground.

Today the plan was to work slow get him stretched and his blood pumping before she started to do anything like her own judo training. She didn't want to scare him away from what she hoped would become his daily routine.
[info]The goal is to get his blood pumping and begin stretching and light calisthenics I assume this acts as some kind of training season where I am the teacher? [/info]

Date: Day 14 - 11:30 AM

Amelia had taken a quick bath after working out Conrad and had packed a basket of food, from the kitchen along with a canister of what passed as tea in this world, her notes, and the book before arriving at the Church's door.  Having worked this route a number of times already she quickly made her way to Ragnar's living area to knock at the door a little while before the others were to arrive.

Mysticsage

[info]
Requested checks

Training check

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 12 + 6, total 18[/blockquote]

Con Check for Hustle
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Heal Check message
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]

[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 14 - 7:30 AM

[okay]You leveled up.
You are now level 18. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]When you woke up at 7, you saw Nyx still fast asleep. You prepped for the day, putting on your clothes and making yourself look presentable, and soon enough found yourselves at the castle's gardens.

QuoteFor a full night's rest, wake up time will be 7 AM, preparing to head out and making it to the gardens will then by 7:30 AM. Nyx will wake up later for his full night's rest.

You were there half an hour early, as it was 8 AM, that Conrad was expected to come. Soon enough you had caught sight of the court mage. He was still dressed in some robes, though, they looked lighter than the usual he wore. It was still very much adorned like his usual set however.

Date: Day 14 - 10:00 AM

With an absolutely tired and exhausted Conrad you nearly made it back to the castle's gates. Conrad was completely out of breath, but you managed to stay in shape during the run.

QuoteTraining
Run: 0/8

The mage was breathing hard. It was easy to tell that this sort of workout wasn't something Conrad was used to at all. "Are... we... almost... done...!" You had attempted to give him a massage as well, but it didn't really do much for his shortness of breath.

Conrad panted his eyes hopeful when he realized that the two of you were near the front gates then.

It was at that moment that a rider on a horse, one who looked to be one of the city's guard came running in. The guard on horseback must have noticed you and Conrad as he immediately changed direction of his horse, and began trotting his way towards you. It was strange. You had never seen a horse in the inner walls of the city's castle. Even Conrad perked up further. Not that it was particular illegal, it was more of manners and etiquette. With Conrad still breathing heavy, it was the guard who spoke first.

"Magister Conrad! There's a situation at the gates. I've been sent by the guard captain to report back to the castle."

QuotePostponing Ragnar's study til we have this scene.

Mysticsage

"What kind of problem at the gate?"
Amelia asked as she saw the look on the guard's face.

"Friend's list!"

"Kurt, there seems to be a situation at the gate,"

"Nyx there is a problem at the Gate. We may need healing if things go wrong,"

without realizing what she was doing Amelia was already off to make see what kind of problem was at the gate. "Let's have a look, Conrad!"

Throndir

QuoteHeading to the City Gates will take about 30 minutes from the castle.

"Miss..." The guard looked curiously at Conrad. The mage continued to pant though and only gave the guard a long look without really answering the question. This made the guard uncomfortable, as you began to head towards the gate the guard spoke. "It's at south gate. An battalion of Felencorp Knights are at the gates demanding for the hero."

You soon enough heard Kurt.

A-Amelia! I'm sparring with Matilda... What's the situation?

From Nyx you heard a response as well.

Mmmm... Let me stretch first... The cat replied.

Mysticsage

"Kurt, a battalion from Felencorp wishes for an audience from the hero. Have Mati meet me in the garden with that hand maid outfit. We are going to have to do a quick change. Also bring an extra horse for Conrad."

"Nyx, a battalion is at the gates from felencorp I need you to find a place to watch if things go wrong."

She then looked the guard in the eye who had delivered the news. "As the handmaiden who is helping look after the wounded hero under princess Matilda, the hero thanks you for your efforts. She has seen through my eyes everything you said and I imagine the castle is already on the move." She smiled with a small bow.

"Come Conrad, the hero needs our help. I believe she has a plan." She says with a wry smile.

[info] Amelia will let herself be lead back to the castle at least some distance out of sight. Let me know if I need to make a bluff check on the guard[/info]

Opening a mental channel to Conrad, "we can at least speak mentally without prying eyes. Can you cast convincing illusions?"

Throndir

"A-ah.... I see.... So you are the hand-maiden everyone is talking about..." He saluted. "I have heard of your exploits with the other churches, and that you speak for the hero herself... Just the same, even if the rest of the castle know, I must still do my duty and report to the king." With that the man nodded his head again to you and Conrad, then hustled his horse towards the direction of the castle's front door.

An entire battalion? They haven't done that since we first appeared into this world... If they were some other country, this would have been act of war. Father had been declining giving them an audience with you for the longest time...

Nyx told you that he'd be at the gates. And also mentioned for you to look towards the castle, and it was then that you saw a small darting black figure zoom across the castle roofs

When you spoke into his head, Conrad didn't seem surprised. Illusion magic? If only it could be that simple. But no... I wasn't aware that could be a real thing.

Mysticsage

"We're going to give them an audience of sorts," She responds to Kurt. "Just do your best to stay calm and I'm sure we'll get through this without a war on our doorstep. We're out in the Garden's when you and Mati are prepped to go,"

Amelia tracks the black dot for a moment before responding to Conrad, "It was a guess from what I have read about court mages in books. Illusions and tricks seemed to be their forte. That's fine though I would rather have you there in case this battalion. I'll bring you up to date on the stories I've told while we meet up with the others."

[info]Amelia will wait the time required to meet up with Kurt and Mati and while they wait she will bring Conrad up to speed on her lies told during the court meeting

once everyone meets up she will do a quick change and then head off on horseback to meet this battalion. [/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 14 - 10:30 AM

QuoteSpecify how you are dressed, and what items you are bringing/equipping. Along with anything the rest of your companions might do differently or bring with them. Also, for roleplaying reasons, is this Amelia's first time on horseback?

Soon enough, the group had gathered up again. Everyone was on horseback. The king had been warned as well, and King Richmond appeared in his fineries, and mounted up on his own horse. A couple of other knights had been called as well. The few knights of the city that remained, as they were the royal guards. Along with you, Matilda, Conrad, and Kurt, there was 15 altogether that went out of the castle gates, heading towards south gate. Through the journey south, there were already a lot of whispering and talking with the crowds. The news that a Felencorp battalion was at the gates of the city had already spread like wildfire, and there were more than a couple who were clamoring around the south gate to take a look.

There was shouting that could be heard.

"We've waited half an hour! Open the gates! The Alliance will not stand for this."

The gates were indeed closed, both the metallic grate, along with the heavy wooden shield placed behind the grate.