[Amelia] Chapter 13: The Alliance's Demands

Started by Mysticsage, April 30, 2019, 12:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

《Chapter 13: The Alliance's Demands》
Date: Day 13 - 10 am

Amelia set the two different colored shards, from the dungeon, on the floor of her room as she looked at Nyx, "Okay, just try using Mending on these and see if it works. Then we can move on to stage two.

Amelia had a notebook and a pencil out taking notes on this entire process. the goal was to see if they could infuse the crystals with power to up their value but first Amelia thought it would be easier to have two whole ore to work with. There were bags under her eyes from lack of sleep but she was too excited to see if her idea would work to not give it a shot.

Throndir

"Restore!" Nyx called out as he focused on the crystal shards. Soon enough the crystal shard started to magically form itself as it grew from the parts you had snapped off of it.

QuoteAlso note what day and time this takes place. Don't forget you plan to read books on current time in RP.

Mysticsage

Date: Day 13 - 10 am

Amelia looks at the new growing crystal cluster with a nod of approval the mixing colors of the two base gems causing interesting patterns in the structure.

"Great," Amelia smiled, "now we just have to see if my idea will work or not. Remember when we found that door in the sewers? I want you to pick an energy type even from me will work and try to transfer the energy from that source to the crystal to give it an element type. Like in one of my videogames back home. "

"Have you tried to take energy from something like the wind or shadows?" She askes trying her best to remember.

[info]Will have Nyx try to pull energy from natural things to see if it works

Plants, fire, wind, water, to see if the energy is any different.[/info]

Throndir

Nyx began to experiment, he cast a spell as well, and this was the first time you've seen him cast one of the traditional spells the other mages of this country used. He used it to light a nearby candle, and then using his ability, he attempted to move it.

"Energy Transfer!" He paused. "Hmm, I'm getting a message 'Ability not yet unlocked'."

He began to try it with other things too, and from his experiments, he managed to get mana from plants. He got the error from fire. But he wasn't able to pull anything from either wind or water. He tried it with shadows too, but had the same result. Lastly, when he attempted to move mana into the crystal, you didn't see anything special, though Nyx eyed it curiously.

"It's glowing." He remarked. "But faintly."

Mysticsage

"Well, I'm certainly not using my energy for anything at the moment. As long as you don't drain me dry I have no problem polishing this beauty until it glows like a night light"  she smiled.

[info]using a hero point to unlock any sort of transfer exstension that increases the amount that can be given from one thing to the other.[/info]

Throndir

As you wished for the fact that the crystal would begin to glow like a night light, a notification appeared in your view.

[okay]Your wish is granted.[/okay]Nyx blinked a couple of times too.

"Strange, I just received a new title." Nyx said. "The Chosen of a God." You immediately recognized that as one of the titles you had received earlier in the week, if you recall correctly, it was during the time you were feeding Liudger Ebner the information about the games and trading card games of your world. "And a notification too 'A wish has been granted'."

Nyx continued to experiment then. however, unlike last time he was able to successfully make use of the fire from the candle. The fire itself winked out of existence, but according to Nyx, the crystal grew a bit brighter. You yourself couldn't personally see it however. Nyx continued to use his ability for the next hour, marking himself as the source, along with you, and by the time you felt extremely sleepy, Nyx stared wonderingly at the crystal.

"It's brighter than before, but still dim." Nyx said, but still, you yourself couldn't see this 'glow' that Nyx mentioned. "I've been trying to put more mana into it, and it keeps getting brighter, but... I'm extremely sleepy right now."

Mysticsage

"Then let's stop for right now," Amelia said sitting down after the session feeling like she had just spent hours working out. "If you had to guess how much longer would you need to properly fill this crystal?"

She stood up and moved to attempt to lift the crystal cluster and put it in her bag. "I want to show this to Conrad while we train today. See just how valuable putting mana in things is for different applications,"

She said pulling out the bag of dried cat treats, "For all, your hard work." She smiled tossing a treat in the air. "You've gone above and beyond today."

[info]I am going over to Conrad's office with the crystal[/info]

Throndir

"I have no clue how long." Nyx admitted as he eyed the flying treat. With a single pounce he grabbed on to it in midair, then quickly came back down to devour his prey. It didn't take Nyx long to eat it, and once satisfied the two of you went out to Conrad's office.

"Your Provisional Majesty, Her Grace, Amelia. Welcome to my office." Conrad said as he noticed you walk in. He continued to read the stack of papers in front of him however, and didn't even look up from his work. "Are you here to take my offer to train our magic? A necessary skill in my opinion."

Mysticsage

Amelia steps into his office and closes the door, "Yes, I figured today would be as good a day as any to train if you are open to it."

"I also wanted you to look at something and see if you could help me appraise a material I have and tell me if you can think of any unique uses for it, or if it is more valuable raw." With a heavy thud, she places the crystal cluster on the table.

"I was told this crystal contains mana and I wanted to ask your expert opinion on it. I was also hoping we could use this to help with my training so that I can hopefully train to see the mana myself,"

[info]I would like to do 4hrs of expedited training for sense mana.
[/info]

Throndir

"Hmm, one of the crystals from the Cave of Goblins if I'm not mistaken. Kurt mentioned the little adventure there. But to find one that is as cleanly removed as this one. Well done... Unfortunately, the dungeon itself generates these in abundance, they're not particularly rare as other dungeons can create them, they're not sturdy either, and are easily crushed. At most... It's a keepsake adventurers take with them from their first time in the dungeon."

"As for it containing mana... That would be... rather strange. It's not unheard of ancient items being filled with mana. A country that once existed in this world had something called 'magitools', small trinkets that used magic to do things. A pot that could heat water was one such example. However, that knowledge the Idorian mages kept closely guarded, but since the last decade the survivors have been more willing to share in what they knew. I personally haven't been able to create a meeting with any of the Idorian mages however, they tend to be high in demand, and since the Shifting, I've had my hands busy on managing what little schools we have left in our country and other bureaucratic affairs our country has."

QuoteRoll a Training check.

Mysticsage

"Could you do me a favor and humor me by looking at the crystal. Try sensing to see if there is mana in there or not? And I take it from your explanation being able to make raw material with mana inside it would be very valuable?"

[info]
Double Expedited training check 1 DC 20
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+6 : 18 + 6, total 24[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Double expedited training 2 dc 20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 11 + 6, total 17[/blockquote]
Double expedited training 3 dc 20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]
Double expedited training 4 dc20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 5 + 6, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 13 - 11 AM

"Mana infused items is not a field our country has explored in very much, until we came to this new world and learned of the Idorian mages, we didn't think it was possible. There were stories in our ancient past where items were indeed magical. The suit of armor we keep in our treasury was one such example, though, I admit, is perhaps the only such example of a 'magitool' that we have." Conrad said as he closed his eyes and concentrated on the crystal. "Yes, I see it, there's a pool in here too. A sizable one as well." He opened his eyes again. "I can't say whether or not this will be valuable, though, perhaps the Idorian mages would find interest in it. I can't begin to think how one could make use of this either in its current form, though there could be applications... It may need me to reach out to our neighboring countries though. You said this came from the Cave of Goblins? This is the first I've heard that the crystals in that dungeon were infused with this much mana."

Date: Day 13 - 11 AM - 3 PM

It was during this time that you began to train with Conrad. The head maid Corina had came by too and proceeded to drop of food. "Your Majesty, and Lord Conrad Esser." She stated quickly bowing her head, then moving off.

After the 4 hours of training, you managed to learn new things related with sensing mana. Though, without Conrad's help, you wouldn't have made as much progress. However, by the end of it, you were able to reliably sense mana. You couldn't see it like the way Nyx could. But if you concentrated you could feel the mana in yourself.

QuoteTraining
Sense Mana: 6/6

"Good job You Provisionary Majesty, Amelia... The first step of learning to use magic."

Mysticsage

"Let's just say my luck has only seemed to increase since coming to this world. For all, we know, this crystal could be the only one of its kind," she said with a wink to solidify her meaning.

"Do you think you could use this to entice some Idorian mages to our nation? I had heard about the nations fall, and I am curious about their methods of craftsmanship. At the very least using this to get our hands on some books or documents may be useful," she said thoughtfully. "Please reach out to anyone you can trust who you think would find such a material interesting. Let's see if we can use this to bait a fish into biting as it were."

Date: Day 13 - 11 AM - 3 PM

Amelia gave a tired sigh of elation as she finally succeeded at her task. "I did it! I did it!"

Going over to Conrad she gave him a quick hug, "Without your help, this would not have been possible. Thank you, Conrad!"

she then remembered his personal space and let him go.

Throndir

"It isn't particularly rare, though, our Cave of Goblins is one of the fewer crystal dungeons. We do have Idorian mages visit once in awhile, if only to look at the cavern, or pass through our country. We could potentially request an Idorian mage to visit. All it would take is a posting from the Guild."

Date: Day 13 - 3 PM

Once you hugged him, you could a slight blush on his features, though, he didn't seem to react much in any other way. "As expected of the hero." Conrad replied.