[Rosalie] Chapter 13: The Battle of Tathi Village

Started by Throndir, April 28, 2019, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

"It's okay Amie, there's all kinds of people in this world. It would be nice if he was a bit kinder to the dragons, but he'll figure it out if he's here long enough. I haven't tried to morph the titanium yet, but if you can teach me the spell, I should be able to do it."

Throndir

"I didn't think much of dragons at first... Well, at least until I met you and Valeriya." Amie said.

"And you know... I didn't used to think much of humans either." Valeriya replied back. "But you know... You meet people... People like Rosalie." Valeriya said as she grinned, and glanced towards you, her eyes soft as she took your form in.

Amie ran her hands through her hair. "Heh... I guess..." She paused for a moment as she met your eyes. "I can teach you the magic, sure. But it's more like... learning the structure of each of the molecules that make it up, and then the composition of the metal as a whole, to be able to work with it..."

[info]Modern Magician: Knowledge (alchemy magicka)
As Amie explained things, you realized you already knew that information. It was as if the information was buried in your mind, and having Amie repeat it simply jogged your memory. You knew exactly how the magic worked, and likewise, you knew how to work with the elements, in this case specifically, titanium.[/info]"After that, you keep a clear image of the base material... Then apply the mana to whatever you're changing, while you will the mana to transform every component. Sometimes... The process is done easier with a transmutation circle. But if you're skilled enough, you can do it without."

QuoteAssume you can do it, we'll call the spell 'Shape Material', I'll figure out exact costing later, but with your ridiculous MP, and natural MP regen rate, I don't think we should worry about it.

Oath

"In a world like this, it is important for everyone to work together. The demons are a big enough threat without us fighting among ourselves too.

Rosalie listened to the explanation. "It looks like I might have already had this knowledge Amie, but after your explanation i'm certain I understand. Let's give it a go?"

She focused on the materials and felt the mana flowing through her as she tried to do what she was told.

[info] Not sure if I need an incantation or not, but Rosalie is trying to shape material.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteNo incantation needed for Alchemy magicka. Though, magicka circles are optional. Since you are considered a master at it, you have no need for magicka circles.

You manage to do what Amie mentioned. The wall of exposed titanium was simply reshaped into a cube.

Amie shook her head. "Heroes sure are amazing... Shaping material takes some learning, and even then, most people use circles to make the process easier... Only a few people in my world are able to do it like my father and I." Amie explained. "Most other alchemists have to prepare some runes either at the place they plan to transmute, or something like on gloves... Anyways, we have to first remove the first layer of the wall, generally it's made out of wood or brick... Then behind that is the titanium. We'll get the 25 knights you brought along with us to gather up the titanium cubes we'll create, and they'll load up the two platforms we have outside. There's a lot of titanium. So between the three of us, it'll probably take a few hours..." Amie sighed. "Okay hero Rosalie! Let's do this!"

QuoteIf you have specific orders for your knights or dragons, call them out. Like how many take watch, etc.

Oath

"you say heroes are amazing, but I don't think all of us could do what I'm doing. Look at Jean, he's strong too but we don't do anything in the same way. It's like we all have our own power, and I guess mine is magic. We should leave a handful of the knights on guard duty incase something starts to sneak up on the mansion, we don't want to be caught off guard.

Throndir

Amie nodded as everyone started to get to work. As you suggested, a couple of the knights were on watch duty. The dragons themselves stayed in their dragon forms, as all of them, save for Valeriya, really were not more than young girls in their human forms.

QuoteDefault 5 knights on guard, but you can specify more if you want.

Date: Day 7 (Jean), Day 9 (Rosalie) - 9 PM

The next couple of hours went by uneventfully. The other half of the village continued to burn, and by the end of it, it looked fairly certain that nothing was recoverable anymore, at least on that side of the river. You had made steady progress with Amie and Karn on gathering the titanium, while the remaining knights who weren't on guard duty helped pile the titanium blocks on platform. The sun had set, and when it become darker, Karn had created some light-emitting sticks to guide the knights from the estate to the platforms that were being loaded up with.

Oath

Work continued at a steady pace and Rosalie was satisfied with her knights, and herself. "Let's make sure that we clear this out as soon as possible. It won't be safe to stick around too much longer. Amie, Karn, how much longer do you think it will take to finish this task?"

Throndir

"Not much longer. Another 10 more minutes most likely. We have everything we needed, and most of it has been loaded up already."

Date: Day 7 (Jean), Day 9 (Rosalie) - 9 PM

With the platforms loaded up, everything was ready. Thankfully there were no stray monsters, or demons that made their way towards here. Though, everyone was fairly tense. Soon enough however, the rest of the dragonknights were ready. Soon enough, you and your group began to make their way back towards Mt. Velothia.

Date: Day 7 (Jean), Day 9 (Rosalie) - 12 PM

It was midnight when you arrived back at the training camp. The rest of the soldiers were ready as well. Captain Charles was one of the first to seek you out. He had a concerned look on his face.

"Rosalie! You didn't run into the hero of the Wind Priests on your way back did you? Alyona mentioned treants..." He shook his head. "I can't afford men to seek him out, at the same time, we have more pressing matters. My scouts tell me of an army of demons coming from the north, passing through the mountains. You remember seeing that mass of demons in the distance? I've already sent request for aid, but I'm not sure when or if they can come in time."

Oath

"No, I didn't see Jean. He's pretty strong though, I'm sure he can take care of himself. If the demons coming from the north were to attack a bunch of regular people though... I don't think they can make it. Can you tell me where you think the nearest town that the demons will arrive at is, Charles? or do you think they will intercept our caravan? I might be just one girl, but I won't let them kill anyone else. I'll intercept them if need be."

Rosalie spoke with conviction, the sight of the village ravaged already was enough destruction for her. If she was summoned to be a hero in this world, that's exactly what she was going to be, even if the entire world was against her. She hoped some of the fellow soldiers would help her if they needed to fight again soon, but this army might be too much for them to escape from unscathed, a reality she was not ready to face.

Throndir

[info]Color change for Captain Charles for readability[/info]

"We never expected them to come from the mountains... Their effort had always been focused on the Valkyrie, between the two mountain ranges. It's... a foolish oversight on our part. We always hoped that the presence of the dragons here would be enough to dissuade such actions."

"The nearest town is this camp." He stated. "Perhaps tonight, or tomorrow, or even the day after, they'll make it to Tathi village. After that, it would just be another day's march to reach here. And as much as it wold be grateful for you to intercept them... You are still in training, hero Rosalie... Much like the rest of the knights here." He sighed.

"My heart's too old for this." He said grinning. "All we can do is prepare, or evacuate..."

Oath

"If you think that everyone can evacuate safely, that will of course be the best action. If we are not able to get away, we will be forced to fight. I might have a lot left to learn, but if it comes down to it, I'm not going to abandon anyone. Do we have any idea where they would be going if they don't find us?" After her recent experiences with Jean, Rosalie wasn't afraid to fight again if she had to.

Throndir

"We'll send a knight to other villages nearby. If we were to evacuate the camp... That would leave the demons with an entry to the lands south of us... Completely unguarded."

Oath

"So would the best course of action be to group up and make a stand? Are the lands to the south able to defend themselves?  We cannot just leave a bunch of innocent people to die." Rosalie was overwhelmed, she didn't know what to do. Her heart said to fight, but her mind knew that many of those that traveled with her, and perhaps even herself would die in the process.

Throndir

Mt. Velothia Training Camp
Date: Day 7 (Jean), Day 9 (Rosalie) - 12 PM

"The most we can do is hope the demons don't come tonight. I've sent word back to my superiors, but I know the war might not allow for reinforcements to come so soon. We have indeed confirmed that Hiedelswatch has fallen, so more than likely, any spare knights we have would be sent to cover the retreating valkyrie. It might be another day, or even two, until another one of the dragon-knight commanders can make their way here."

Captain Charles shook his head.

"We'll remain vigil through the night, and I have a round of scouts who will stay on guard a distance to the north. They are to shoot forth a fire spell towards the night sky if anything is found." The captain explained.