[Rosalie] Chapter 13: The Battle of Tathi Village

Started by Throndir, April 28, 2019, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Rosalie's Sense Motive: 33
There was something that Karn wasn't telling you. You didn't feel as if he was lying, though, he didn't seem to be telling everything either.[/info]

Soon enough Karn and Amie had been able to fashion a platform, and with that, Karn suggested that the dragons try lifting it up.

QuoteOnly 1 platform was created, it'll take more time for them to make more. State when you plan to move out back to the village with the rest of the dragonknights.

Oath

"If we're working together to save the village, and salvage things from your mansion it is important for me to have as much information as possible. Is there anything else about the situation that may have been left out?"

[info] Diplomacy [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+20 : 4 + 20, total 24[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Karn shook his head.

"Nothing that truly concerns this mission of retrieving and salvaging the rest of the titanium walls from my estate. Everything else of value are either with me, or safely kept with the other hero. Anyways, hero from this world, order your dragons to pick this platform up, then we can make our way back. Once we are back there, Amie and I will begin dismantling and retrieving the titanium. We'll probably have to make another few platforms as well, but we'll try to gather as much as we can."

"The other hero mentioned a horde of demons on their way. Do you know how long we have? Creating enough platforms to carry every bit of titanium we have in the estate may take time, not to mention transforming them all. I have already used much of my mana reserves, so I'll have to work efficiently. Amie will too."

Oath

"Not sure entirely. probably at least a few days. Though if we are being honest, I could likely make more platforms and dismantling the metals in your house at a faster pace than you can yourself."[/color] She used her mental link with Valeriya. I know this guy is kind of... well you know. But do you think some of the dragons would be willing to help for the sake of the village?

Throndir

Hell no, that's his shit to deal with! There was a pause. Is what I would like to say... but I know how much it means to the war effort, plus you're the one asking me. You felt mirth from your connection with the dragon girl. Anyways, you already know I'll do anything for you, Rosalie.

"You know of Alchemy?" Karn asked slightly surprised.

QuoteYou very well know about Alchemy! All magicka knowledge skills are Class skills for you, and assume you can roll them Untrained, though won't receive the +3 bonus until you put a point into it.

Oath

"I know of all magic. I'm a hero, after all. If you just tell me a bit about the process, i'm sure I can figure something out, my stores of mana are vast, If you need to know anything about my ability, Amie can confirm my power."

Think you could find some dragons that would be willing to help? I'll try to take care of this guy.

[info] Knowledge Alchemy [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21[/blockquote]

Throndir

Yeah, I'm the oldest one here, the rest of them will follow. Plus I'll tell them to tell their riders that the hero herself wishes it. Watch those men scramble. Valeriya responded, the mirth in her voice apparent.

Karn waved his hands. "I've heard of the stories of heroes back in my own world. Haven't personally met one, but their deeds and abilities were recorded. They bend and break the rules of magic, so I'll trust whatever it is you're saying. Teaching you how the spell works exactly would require explaining properties of each element... And by that I do not mean the barbaric 4 elements that continues to be brought up here. Then it would need to explain each of the composition of said elements, in order for you to visualize and create the correct magic formula to then make the mysteries happen. But... If you really do know about all types of magic, and have indeed mastered alchemy too, then I'll proceed with a basic explanation." Karn then pointed towards the remainders of the pile of material Jean had dropped.

"The magic I use takes the elemental properties, and then re-arranges each of its components into new forms. I can do this in multiple ways. First is the field of Alkahestry. The mysteries of breaking down components into their barest forms, and then recreating them into a different one. For example, through Alkahestry, I can turn air and water into ice by compacting the molecules into something more dense. Likewise, I can turn metal into a liquid by the same process, then turn it back into a solid. This field represents the lowest use of mana, though particularly volatile substances may require more mana to stabilize the transformation. Next is the field of Transmutation. Through this, I can change the properties from one thing to another. For example, I can turn lead into gold. The process itself takes a long time, and a great deal of mana, but it can be done. However, intricate and detailed knowledge of both lead and gold is required. The compounds of what creates it, the chemical composition, the molecular bonds that create it. It is here that most Alchemists spend the longest time learning. Lastly are the learnings from the field of Projection. Through this, as long as I have a solid foundation of both Alkahestry and Transmutation, I can have an image in mind of what I plan to create, and as long as I have the base materials on hand, I can 'project' it into the world, this represents field represents the epitome of Alchemy magicka, and usually only the Great Alchemical Houses can perform such feats as it requires a dedication to the craft. Amie employs this frequently through the creation of her weapons. However, usually only small objects can be achieved through this, as one would have to keep in mind every part and piece of the creation."

"For our particular project, my shaping of the magnesium itself would take the least amount of mana. It's when I turn the compound into an alloy which is most of the drain as it changes the properties of the compound itself. Though, even this isn't nearly as bad as my first example of turning lead into gold, as we already have magesium, and does represent a large shift in the element.

If you have a good understanding of chemistry, I will draw out the magnesium alloy that I've invented, and if you can recreate it through Transmutation, that would be a boon to us, as the creation of a platform with the lightweight material takes the most time. However, if you do not have a good grasp of that science, then we can have you help us through Alkahestry. Transform, then transport the rest of the titanium walls by breaking them down into smaller, more easily transported parts."

QuoteWhen you want, we can work together on figuring out your spell.

Oath

Rosalie tried to pay attention but felt herself nodding off during Karn's explainations.

"Interesting stuff. I'm a hero though so let's see if I can break the rules."

Rosalie approached the already fabricated platform and laid her hands on it. She concentrated and shouted "Clone!"

Throndir

[info]Heroic Action Point earned[/info]The moment you spoke the keyword of 《Clone》 and focused on the platform, at that immediate moment, a second one appeared right on top of it. Fully formed and built, and was an exact replica of the one beneath it. You felt a tiny almost miniscule pull of mana as well. But with the vast reserves you had, you hardly felt it.

Karn 's eyes widened. "My explanation..." He mumbled to himself as he went over to the second platform resting on top. He placed a glowing hand on it. "Hmph... It's exactly the same." He tried to keep his voice impassive, but there was a hint of awe in it. "To think you can so easily break the laws of equivalent exchange."

Oath

"It seems I can break most laws in this world and do things that nobody expects. However, any processes inside the mansion itself would likely require me to use alchemy as intended. Will two platforms be enough?"   Rosalie had a smug look on her face as she talked to Karn.

Throndir

"It should be enough." Karn replied quickly waving his hand in dismissal.

A couple of other dragonknights then headed down, offering to lift the platforms. Soon enough both platform had dragons lifting them into the air. The platform itself was large enough that each dragon handled it's own corner of the platform, with a harness specifically made for dragons on each of the four corners.

Oath

"Let's get this started then. We want to be out of there well before the demons show up. I don't know if I have enough in the tank to fight another large battle. Rosalie watched as the dragons got situated under the platforms before hopping on Valeriya herself. "Let's go everyone!"

Throndir

With that the rest of the dragons took flight. Two platforms and about 25 dragons and their riders soared into the skies. Karn and Amie strapped themselves to one of the platforms, having created a simple seat on it. The journey back towards Karn's village didn't take very long, and like before the fires continued to rage on one side of the river. It wouldn't be long until that half of the village burned down. The dragons soon landed on the front yard of the Eldricksen Estate, and shortly after that, Karn and Amelia headed towards the mansion. Like before, Karn opened a pathway to the lower basements.

"We'll need to work quickly. Amie and I will be extracting the walls from their place, and reforming them into cubes. We'll need the knights to help us move each block and load it on the platform."

QuoteState some actions to help, or not! If you are planning on leading the efforts, roll an applicable skill: Knowledge (tactics), Profession (soldier), straight INT, or straight CHA.

Oath

"Alright men, try to follow directions from Karn and Amie. I've got no idea what to do here, so we will do our best to help them.  What would you like me to do, Amie?"

While she did agree to help, Rosalie was not too fond of the idea of taking orders from Karn.

Throndir

Karn proceeded to start working, and Amie and you watched as he left. "Sorry about him..." Amie said. "It's a little embarrassing sometimes how callous he can be... Anyways, hero! Let's go ahead and start gathering the titanium. Are you able to morph them too? If not... another way to help is probably cloning more platforms..."