[Rosalie] Chapter 13: The Battle of Tathi Village

Started by Throndir, April 28, 2019, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteYou learn a new boon. Choose one from that same link above. (For now put it under Stats!A36 box in your sheet).

Throndir

"Ozer hero!" The muscular green-hair woman called out to you. She had wounds on her body, though nothing life-threatening. "Ze Wind Priest hero, Jean, has left already with ze villagers of the town. Are we to pursue?"

Oath

"Yeah. We should follow them. We don't know what could be lurking in the woods on the way to safety."

Throndir

Vitaliya nodded, and with a shrill whistle, the other Wind Priests formed up.

You headed back south then, with the small demon commander in tow as a prisoner. Soon enough you managed to catch sight of Jean and his caravan. They were already about an hour into their journey, but with how fast your dragons flew, it took much less time to catch up to them. Jean's companion, the one with the green hair, named Dalina, had seen your group, and she had waved towards you, and a few moments after that she had dived down to the caravan.

Oath

Rosalie guided Valeriya down to the caravan. "the demons above the town are dead. Is there anything that was left behind that we can go and pick up before the next wave arrives?"

Throndir

"Maybe...  Hey Karn! Is there anything that they might be able to bring back?  Something we didn't have room for on the wagons before?""  Jean yelled back behind him to the end of the caravan. You see the pink-haired man before speed his way in a similar method he had done earlier. So his name was Karn? Soon enough he was next to Jean's wagon.

"We can ask the rest of the villagers... Though surely the fires would have burned down half of the village already. We brought back most of what was valuable from my estate. Of course, the estate itself is valuable, not to mention the materials that had gone into building it... But it can all be replaced." He turned towards you. "Do you have the dragon-carried platforms that was common back in my world? I do notice that yours do not have collars on them... But I suspect how things are in this world might be different. With the reliance on magic, do you perhaps have some sort of geas spell on them?"

Valeriya snorted, then she spoke, still in her dragon form. "Your daughter thought the same when we first met with her. Nothing like a geas, no coercion. Rosalie and I are partners."

Karn raised an eyebrow. "They even speak when not spoken to." This earned him a glare from the red dragon. You heard her speak into your mind.

What a bastard.

"The dragon platforms are constructs that one or up to 4 dragons can carry. It was designed for transportation of both goods and people without the need for something more complex such as an blimp powered by dragons. There are parts of my estate's construction, especially the basement, which had reinforced titanium along its perimeter. Normally I wouldn't be worried, as Titanium is fairly easy to come by, especially if you're an alchemist. But I worry about the knowledge in this world. Is titanium, the metal, something this world even has?" With no one else around who seemed to be a native, Karn looked specifically at Rosalie and Valeriya. "You may speak."

I'm going to kill this bastard. Amie's father or not. You heard Valeriya say into your mind. She spoke normally next, though, her tone as low, and her eyes continued to glare sharply at the man. "If it's a type of metal, I've never heard of it. When it comes to weaponry, we use iron, mithril, and rarely orichalcum."

"I feared as much... But with the little time we had, I wasn't sure if we would have the time or the transportation to bring what I have in the estate that surround the basement. I would neat to break down and mold each of the walls and bars to storable blocks, not to mention the weight of all of it together would have covered the entirety of these wagons. Apart from that, there are a lot of furniture too, though, those are more mundane, such as wood, ivory, and silver."

Oath

"This world is a lot different than the one I'm from so I can't answer any of your questions. However, I believe that I could take the dragon knights with me and see what we can salvage from the village. It might not be much but its better than letting the demons lay waste to everything. Who's willing to come with me?"

Throndir

"And how will you bring back all the goods? If we can gather the titanium panels, that would be most beneficial." Karn then turned towards Jean.

"Hero, use your ability to bring forth as many magnesium as I might have had in the vault." Karn then turned towards the back of the caravan and shouted out her daughter's name. Once Amie was near enough he continued. "Amie and I can transmute the materials into a usable platform. Amie, I suspect you still know the composition of the lightweight magnesium alloy?" Karn asked to which Amie nodded. "Afterwards, Amie and I will accompany our dragon-riding hero back towards the estate."

Karn then turned towards Jean, expecting the requested materials.

Oath

"Didn't have a plan, just wanted to salvage what we could. As for your accompaniment, it is not up to me if one of the dragons is willing to let you ride along with them. Things are different than they are in your own world. However, since I am sure that they have empathy for the village and the situation, someone would be willing if asked. The same goes for carrying a platform as long as it is done in such a way that respects them."

Throndir

"As you wish."  Said Jean as he stopped the wagon train to call forth Karn's requested materials.  "Anything else you can bring back will probably help.  If the horde of demons is headed for the mountain we will probably need everything we can get our hands on."

Karn was silent, and it was hard to tell whether or not he was actually paying heed to your advice with the dragons. Soon enough the materials were dumped back on the ground in their metallic crates, each of the requested materials that Karn wanted. With a snap of his finger, Karn then had Amie help begin the process of transmutation. Seeing them work, you suspected it would take some more time until they were done.

"Right, well while you guys do that, I'm going to keep heading back o the mountain.  If possible, could one of the priests fly back to the mountain as quick as they can and alert them to the approach of the demon army?  We should forewarn them as soon as possible so that they can begin making preparations so the quickest should go."  Jean took up the yoke of the wagons again.  "I'll see you when I see you."

QuoteIt'll be another 30 minutes until they finish. Roll Perception if you just plan to stand guard, otherwise feel free to do any other actions.

Soon enough, Jean started his travel back towards the south, while one of the priests headed forward to make contact with both the army that was arriving, and report back to the others.

Oath

"May the Goddess be with you in your travels, Jean. We will return as soon as we can."

Rosalie watched the rituals with interest, while also keeping an eye on the surroundings in case there were any demons lingering.
"Is this type of magic common where you're from?"

[info] Perception [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 10 + 17, total 27[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"I wouldn't say it is common. No. In my world, there are the Great Alchemical Houses who maintain knowledge of alchemy and its practices. It is generally a closed practice, though, recently, there had been new organizations that had been founded in the last few decades attempting to make the knowledge the Great Houses keep more open. The Eldricken house is one such of these houses. Though, it falls to only me, my younger brother, and my younger sister, along with an uncle. Unfortunately... with my passing here into this world with my estate and the... valuables... it contained, I fear for the future of the Eldricksen House."

The moment he finished talking, a string of notifications appeared.

[okay]You have gained『Clone』
You have gained a new title『Doppleganger』
You have gained +4 CHA
You have gained +4 MAG
You have gained a new title『Object Cloner』
You have gained +2 MAG
You have gained a new title 『Apartment for a Home』
You have gained +2 WIS[/okay]
QuoteI'll be using that Perception roll relatively soon perhaps after dialogue.

Oath

"How did you end up passing into this world? Was it a result of alchemy? Were you perhaps summoned as a hero as well, like Jean and myself? People from so many worlds seem to be converging here for some reason."  Rosalie was curious as to how this man got to this world, and what intentions he may have.

Throndir

"It wasn't alchemy... It was no magic I'm aware of. Just all of a sudden the land around us changed. I was in my study when it happened, but according to the villagers, the mountains suddenly appeared out of nowhere. One moment they weren't there, and in another blink of an eye, they were there. Preferably, if there was a way to get back into my own world, I'd go that route..."

QuoteSense Motive requested.

Oath

"So it was the entire village? This makes a bit more sense with what Amie was experiencing when I first found her. I wonder what brought you here. Perhaps someday we can figure it out."

[info] Sense Motive [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 18 + 15, total 33[/blockquote]