[Leela] Chapter 6: Capital of the Xalaster Orthodoxy, Olodeen, City of Saints

Started by Throndir, April 28, 2019, 10:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Date: Day 4 - Time: 9:00 PM

"Yes, sluggish! That might be a better way to describe it." Zephyrus nodded his head joyfully. "If I concentrate and keep my physical form for awhile... then I feel sluggish." He said once again, confirming it to himself. "I can do more than just my hands, but it can get tiring too. I tried before to keep it up as often as I could when I traveled with a group of people long ago... But they eventually started hiding in their tents, and refusing to move anywhere saying something about 'ghosts'. So I stopped trying it..." He said, his face full of guilt.

Ella

Leela Steading

"Hey, its okay now. Even if we don't fully understand your race yet, Zavan and I know who and what you are. And although the others can't see or hear you, they are aware of your presence as well as what you are, so that kind of situation won't happen again for as long as you're with us." She imagined it could have been a funny situation under the right circumstances. But poor Zephyrus had just wanted companionship, not to mess with people.

"Can you make your whole body physical right now?"

Throndir

Zephyrus quickly brightened up again. "Yes, I can!" He said as he concentrated. The look on his face told you that he was attempting it, but eventually he finished. "It is done."

Ella

Leela Steading

Since he had not let go of her hand yet, as soon as he said 'it is done', Leela tugged on his hand and pulled him into a hug. "You looked like you needed a hug." She said softly.

Truth be told, she had been needing a hug - from someone her own size, not an imp - since she realized she might be stuck in this strange new world for the rest of her life. She felt the need to put on a strong front around the demons and imps, but with Zephyrus, she felt like she could ease up.

Throndir

Zephyrus blinked his eyes for a few moments, then began to awkwardly wrap his arms around you. "So this is what a hug is like."

QuoteState anymore actions for the rest of the evening so we can resolve the day!

Ella

Leela Steading

Leela waited until Zephyrus accepted the hug and hugged her back before squeezing a little tighter for a moment and then relaxed again.

"Yes, that is what a hug is like." Agreed when she released the hug and stepped back. "They are commonly used for cheering people up or expressing a happy greeting with someone you are on good terms with and haven't seen in a while. Though you have to keep in mind that not everyone appreciates hugs and are less likely to want one from a stranger. There's also different types of hugs, but the one we just shared is a good common one. If you squeeze too tightly, it becomes a bear hug. I am pretty sure more people like giving them than people like receiving them because they can sometimes be painful." She realized that she should probably explain proper hug etiquette before Zephyrus decided to go around hugging people.

[info]Once her conversation with Zephyrus is over, Leela will let him continue practicing or whatever he wants to do and then tuck herself and Abi into bed for the night.[/info]