[Jean/Rosalie] Chapter 12: Rescue Operation

Started by Throndir, April 13, 2019, 11:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"And how exactly do you choose your uh... knight?"

Throndir

Jeans's Perspective
Date: Day 7 (Jean), Day 9 (Rosalie)

"We don't... The dragons who will go into the ceremony will line up, and then the knights pick us one by one. The knights decide amongst themselves who gets to pick first."

pringerbeam

"The knights choose?  How old are they?  I mean...  No kink shaming but they aren't exactly what I would call a good pairing for someone like yourself."

Oath

"May the Goddess be with you as well, captain."

Rosalie took a moment to return to Valeriya. "So I was thinking, you know we're going to save Amie's village, but she doesn't have a way to get there quickly. Do you think she could ride with us? It is likely that we will finish the job before she can get there on horseback.

[info] Diplomacy, in case Valeriya wants nothing to do with Amie.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Jeans's Perspective

"Kink... shaming?" Alyona asked. It was hard to tell if that was an issue with the auto-translation, or if the dragon child really didn't know what it meant. "But I'm not very good with human ages... I think... As young as 20, but some are at 30?"

Rosalie's Perspective

A-ah.. Well... Valeriya said hesitantly. It's kind of an intimate thing for us, but... if you understand that, and it's okay with you, still, then, hell, I'd be fine with it too. She grinned, or at least it looked kinda like a grin, she was, after all, still in her dragon form. She called out to Amie.

"Hey kid, you ever ridden a dragon?" Valeriya asked.

"Of course I have! They're everywhere!" Amie declared. Looking at Valeriya's expression though, that didn't seem to be the answer she was looking for. Valeriya sighed.

"There goes that bubble." Valeriya continued. Amie's look of victory quickly changed to one of remorse.

"Well it was just once, and I didn't ride for very long... One of the soldiers from the city came to visit, and let me ride with him with father's permission..."

"Well, kid, you tried." Valeriya admitted as she bent down lower. "Hop on. Hold on tight to Rosalie though, since we're not contracted, you'll be feeling the full force of the wind around you. Keep your head low and tight against her back, and you should be okay."

It was then that Jean and his entourage appeared from the skies.

"Are we all ready here?  Every second we waste not flying is a moment longer the villagers need to survive." He had said.

Captain Charles was the first to respond.

"The mounted dragonknights are ready to fly, if that's what you mean. The ground forces are still loading everything up. You know... You don't get to see them wind priests on their birds that often. There's only... let's see... 25 of them, but still a sight."

pringerbeam

"I'm pretty sure Ren wouldn't mind helping me show you but then I'm pretty sure I'd be run out of town."  Jean saw the other hero as they approached their location.  "Definitely don't mention it to your sister or elder."  He quickly whispered right before touching down.

"I'll take your word for it."  Replied Jean to Charles.  "If you think you can handle the rest of the rallying of the horsemen then I say we set out now.  Are you ready hero?"

Oath

"Don't worry, it isn't about intimacy, its about trying to make sure that Amie gets a hand in saving her home." Rosalie grabbed Amie by the wrist and pulled her up on to Valeriya's back. "Hold on tight, we've got a village to save."

[info] Rosalie is done with preparations.

Throndir

Jeans's Perspective

QuoteHero point was already reached! :(

"It's a hero thing..?" Alyona had said with a hint of curiosity in her voice. "I'd like to learn about hero things!"

"Hold on tight, we've got a village to save."

With that both the group of dragonknights and the equal number of wind priests took flight higher up in the air. Both leathery and feathered wings flapped in unison, gaining altitude as the rush of wind being pushed downwards elevated each of the combatants. The knights on the ground all cheered loudly as the group ascended. As you flew higher and higher, you caught sight of Captain Charles saluting you up in the air.

"You give them hell, damnit!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

There weren't many of them altogether, 25 knights, 25 priests, plus both heroes' companions, but they were all determined. The dragonknights were determined to save the village. While the priests, though having different motivations, were determined to fight against the evil they had branded. An inner fire burned behind their eyes as each of them clutched the reigns of their respected mounts. Both dragons and birds soared to higher heights in not just in elevation, but their drive and willingness to fight.

Rosalie and Jean spear-headed the formation, leading the two groups while the rest flew in a practiced formation behind them. The dragonknights flew in a formation as if to easily avoid ranged attacks, being closer in a cluster around the two of you in equidistant points. A few of the knights would be in charge of scanning each wing. The wind priests on the other hand, adopted a wide stance, spreading themselves much thinner, but covering a larger area. As both types of formations and battle styles merged, it was able to form a coherent formation. Where the knights excelled at defense, the wind priests were better suited for targeted and ranged attacks and flanking enemies in flight.

It was in this way that the group continued northwards, and soon enough, in the distance, you saw the sight of the village. Or at the very least evidence of it. Plumes of smoke was rising towards the skyline. Even from your vantage point being this far away, it looked as if most of the village was already burning.

"N-no..."

QuotePerception requested

pringerbeam

[info]Perception check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

[info] perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

[info]Jean's Perception: 24
You managed to get a good lay of the land. The village was burning, but it was only half of it at the very least. Now that you were up here however, you realized what Amie had meant when she said the roads suddenly disappeared. The village was surrounded by forests, that was to be expected, but perhaps 12 miles out from it, the forests to the north, south, and west suddenly transformed into tall mountain spires. In fact, it looked as if someone tore a chunk of what would have been a mountainscape, and replaced it with Amie's village in its forest. It was quite clear where the forests began, which was generally a flatland of trees, into the high rocky mountains that made up the mountain range.

At the village itself you saw figures wrecking havoc, which you could only assume to be demons. At the opposite end of the village looked to be a large building, something that looked grand compared to the rest of the buildings of the village. Flying directly above the village seemed to be a swarm of small winged demons as well.

However, you managed to get sight of something beyond that, further away, about 80 miles north and eastwards was what looked to be a blot of dark colors creeping through the valleys of the mountains. It didn't look natural however, and you realized it looked to be demons.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Great they so fly after all."  Said Jean as he saw the cloud of demons above the village.  "Hey!  We're going to need to be fast.  It looks like the bulk of the demon's forces are on the way.  I think the relief force will make it in time but it doesn't look like we will have much time to evacuate the village."  He shouted to the other hero. 

Oath

Rosalie turned around and looked Amie in the eyes. "Snap out of it Amie! You heard Jean. The village isn't lost. You need to focus so you can help your friends. We have our work cut out for us and you need to be at the top of your game. You're one of the strongest here!" She hoped that her words would reach the girl.

Unsure if her voice would carry, Rosalie shouted at the top of her lungs to the dragon knights around her. "MEN! ON ME! WE NEED TO CLEAR THE DEMONS OUT BEFORE THEIR MAIN FORCES ARRIVE! WHEN WE GET BACK TO CAMP. DRINKS ARE ON ME! MAY THE GODDESS BE WITH YOU!"

A few short weeks ago, she never imagined that she would be a hero, leading an army against demons, but here she is. It was a big change for her, never used to being the star of the show. Rosalie had always preferred to be the workhorse, getting stuff done in the background, not seeking any glory. Now her decisions could impact the lives of hundreds, or even thousands. She was thankful that she had another hero along for the ride.

"Jean, I don't know anything about you or how you fight, or even if you can fight, but stay safe out there. We all need to make it home safe and sound. We have people waiting for us."

She hunched over and gave Valeriya's neck a gentle nuzzle with a whisper. "You stay safe as well, Valeriya."

Throndir

[info]Heroic action point earned for Rosalie[/info]As the group flew, Jean was able to narrow down on the number of combatants. The ground forces consisted of larger brute-like demons. You recognized them as you had fought one of them before when you were first summoned back near the Idorian Magic Academy. If you had to guess there was perhaps 25 to 30 of them. As for the smaller flying creatures, there were many many more. It was much harder to count that flying blob, maybe 200? Perhaps even more.

"T-thanks Rosalie..." Amie said. You felt her bury her face into your back and clutch on to you tighter.

You then heard Valeriya in your head, and felt a warm sensation coming from her.

I'll be safe. Valeriya replied back. I'll keep you safe, too.

[include u=2]Rosalie MP Used: 645[/include]

pringerbeam

"Lady Alyona, I need you to get me close to the ground so I can make my descent, aim for the village square.  Don't get too close to the flying demons.  I promised to not put you in danger.  When I drop, fly back to the relief force and help guide them so they can get here as fast as possible."  Said Jean to the dragon.  As they made their descent Jean let go of the dragon's talons with his right hand.  "Wind and Water!  From the deepest vault of the Hurricane Lord, give form to the lashing tongue of his terrifying steed!  Typhoon Spear!"  He made the Incantation as they got closer to the ground.  "Weight control!"  He shouted, multiplying the weight of his spear as he dangled one handed from the dragon. 
     "Lady Alyona: it's been wild."  He said as he let go with his remaining hand, well over a hundred feet from the ground.  He quickly flipped around to salute the dragon before the mass of the spear yanked him down to the ground.  "Raaaaaaaaaaaa-"  He roared as he hurled through the air, whizzing past the demons flying around the village, aiming for the first demonic form he saw on the ground.

[info]Cast Typhoon Spear at 7 MP to make a +5 Spear with +1d6 cold damage

Use Weight Control 4 times on the spear (4 MP)

Drop at 150 ft to attack the biggest demon he sees in the middle of the village.

Attack roll (+9 Weapon Enhancements, -4 Non-proficient)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+20 : 4 + 20, total 24[/blockquote]Weapon Damage Roll (6d6 for weight increased spear, +4d6 for falling object damage at >150 ft, +9 two hand STR bonus, +9 weapon enhancements)[blockquote]Rolled 10d6+18 : 2, 1, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2, 2, 5, 5 + 18, total 53[/blockquote]Cold Damage[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Acrobatics roll to reduce falling damage by 1d6 (disregard if doing so would reduce the falling object bonus damage)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19[/blockquote][/info]