[Hanako] Chapter 11: Relationships

Started by Throndir, February 25, 2019, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Leaving for Isikawa? That road is fraught with danger, with the fact that the territory of the demons lie in between this country and Isikawa. Just a narrow strip, but heavily guarded."

"But a hero in the country of demons..." Akime said thoughtfully. "This country we once tried to open diplomatic channels, and for a brief time both the Sovereignty and this country were allies. I'm glad the Refedorian hero was finally summoned... Though... No offense intended, Okita-san, but if only you were there for this country a few years ago."

She sighed, but she looked towards you pleadingly.

"If you are to go to Isikawa, then please take me with you. The land I ruled has probably since been overrun... But I need to know what happened to them... To everyone."

Asta

"Of course you'll be coming. Nobody is going to end up left behind if I can help it. I can probably fill you in on all the details later, but we'll be taking ships as soon as we sort out how we're gonna get them out of the port. I've got a few other things I need to see to before we leave here as well. Ultimately though we'll probably need your help getting a little refugee camp set up wherever we make port."

Hanako tried to smile reassuringly. "Big plans on the horizon, I promise."

Throndir

"I knew I could count on you, Okita-san." Akime grinned. She then glanced towards Minette and Dietriche.

"I can't very well keep having Schreiber-san translate for me..." She said. After Minette translated, Dietriche responded.

"This is true. Plus, there are some things I'd like to discuss with Akime. Her fighting style. News of the war. The point of view of the Isikawan..." Dietriche paused as she looked back towards you. "If that is acceptable of course."

Asta

"By all means." Hanako said, with an assenting hand gesture.

Throndir

Elyse Dietriche then turned towards Akime.

"Akime. You are to report to my office later today." Elyse said, before Akime could respond, and while Minette was still translating, Elyse picked herself up and began to walk out the door.

"Anytime you're free. I'm... I'm writing progress reports for the soldiers training today." You caught her moment's hesitation, which, knowing the captain, wasn't the type of person to make them often.

Akime glanced back at Elyse as she headed out, then looked towards you.

"Thank you." She said first, keeping her eyes on you. With that, she too headed out of the room, her dark hair trailing behind her, and eventually leaving only you and Minette along in the room.

The demihuman soldier of Refedoria sighed audibly.

"Oh. That was... a handful." Minette said in her characteristic slow and pointed speech.

"Elyse has an office?" She asked, but answered herself a moment later. "Unless she means the table in her room..." She shook her head.

"Anyways... Hanako..." Minette glanced behind her quickly to ensure the door was closed, after confirming, she went over to you, her hands reaching for yours.

"Tell me... How did... how did it go with Trudy?"

Asta

Hanako let the girl take one of her hands. With the other she made a comically exaggerated thumbs up and accompanied it with a doofy grin.

"Hee hee! Everything according to keikaku!"

She let her expression return to normal, though the hint of a smile remained on her lips. "It was nice, for a little while neither of us had to worry about what was going on in the world and we could just be happy for a bit."

The admission was a sort of shocker to Hanako, she wasn't accustomed to actually being happy so it took her by surprise on the rare occasion that she actually was feeling that way. Those "rare" occasions seemed to be coming more frequently these days, and she didn't mind that at all.

Throndir

Minette couldn't help but grin when you mentioned that everything went well. Her eyes were bright, and she seemed to be just as happy about the situation as you were.

"And... You kissed her then..." Minette then stated. "That's good..." She paused for a moment, and looked into your eyes suggestively.

"That means...?"

Asta

Hanako nodded and then gulped silently at the thought of intimacy twice in one day. "Mmmhmm."

An outside observer would probably assume she should have been unbothered by the situation, considering what she had been doing less than an hour ago. However, Hanako was subject to live a life of tropes. Perhaps this was the end result of anime warping her brain.

She waited to see how Minette would proceed.

Throndir

Minette eye's were alight with mischief as she finally placed a finger on your nose.

"Good... I wouldn't mind right now... But..." She paused. "Knowing Trudy had her first kiss in the garden..." She placed a thoughtful finger on her lips.

"I'll have mine... tonight?" She suggested, her eyes glancing towards you with a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.

Asta

"O-okay." Hanako stammered. There was a look in Minette's eyes that told her she had something planned, and all there was to do was wait and see what it was.

"A-anyway..." Hanako changed the subject, "Sorry you had to spend so much time translating today, it must have been rough."

Throndir

"Oh.... Yes...!" Minette replied back instantly.

"It started off okay... I was... showing her places in our estate... And introducing her to the rest of the soldiers while I translated for her..."

"But... she would keep getting distracted by one thing or another... We went to the gun range below and when she saw captain Dietrich barking orders and telling the soldiers they were maggots... Akime went straight to the soldiers who were practicing their swordsmanship..."

She sighed.

"You know the rest..."

Minette glanced back up towards you.

"Oh... The other one... The valkyrie...? She's still asleep. Sleepy sleep... But Akime mentioned it wouldn't be long until she woke, and that she could sometimes be violent... I think we should... watch her?"

Asta

Quote"You know the rest..."

Hanako doubted she would have been able to keep up with all the craziness the Isikawan woman had brought about since her arrival that morning, but Minette had handled it like a champ. "Good work today." she said and patted Minette's head affectionately with a smile.

QuoteI think we should... watch her?"

Yeah, I was just thinking I should probably go up there and wait around until she wakes up... You wanna come too? I like to think you have a soothing presence."

Throndir

"Yes..." Minette said softly. "But it's your presence that is just as soothing..." She flashed a smile.

"For me anyways..."

Date: Day 10 - 10:30 AM

The two of you eventually made your way to the room the Valkyrie had been placed in. There were two soldiers at the door who both saluted towards you and Minette when you had appeared.

"Ma'am! The girl is still unconscious." He said as he opened the door for the both of you.

Inside was the valkyrie. Someone had the idea of placing the valkyrie's belongings in an open chest nearby, but the valkyrie herself was wearing only a thin simple dress. Although she was called a valkyrie, the girl looked way too young to be one. She was at least shorter than you with feminine features, though hardly at all developed.

I heard... this one could be more of a handful than the other... But right now... She looks peaceful."

Asta

Hanako eyed the sleeping girl warily. "Yeah... better be careful though. I think I'll let her get up on her own rather than wake her up. Hopefully she doesn't immediately try and rip my throat out or something."

It was a distinct possibility. Everyone that had spoken of the valkyrie had mentioned that she was both violent and irritable, not exactly the best combination of personality traits. However, Hanako figured that she would take a shot at talking to her when she woke up, and if all else failed would exercise her mind control to at least force the girl from killing her.

She found somewhere in the room to sit that was an appropriate distance from the bed, and settled in for a long wait, motioning for Minette to join her.

Throndir

You positioned yourself a short distance away from the sleeping girl. There was a table in the room, along with a few chairs, and it was here that both you and Minette sat. You were able to keep an eye on the sleeping form, while also having it so that you were the closest to the sleeping form. If the valkyrie proved to be hostile, at the very least, you would be able to protect Minette.

QuoteYou could describe how you plan to spend this time if you'd like

QuotePerception requested