[Hanako] Chapter 11: Relationships

Started by Throndir, February 25, 2019, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

That escalated quickly.

Hanako's face went a particular shade of vermilion as she realized what had been implied. What she had meant to say, was she was wondering what kind of relationship they were going to have, but that was clearly not what Trudy had taken away from the question.

"Ahhh... Uhhh... Well..." she began to stammer "It's, erh... Up to you... We uhh... don't have t-t-to go any further than you really want to..."

Throndir

It took her a moment to realize what you were saying.

"G-going further?! N-no, I j-just meant as something m-more." Trudy's blush continued to brighten. "Not that I don't want to-" She blushed furiously. "I m-mean...!"

She seemed to have lost her sense of calmness that she had throughout the date, as she started to fumble with words. Eventually, she reached out to hug you tight. A moment later she giggled.

"Hanako... I-I'm just happy to be here, right now with you... I know we're still dealing with our escape and plans to get out of here, so maybe I'm out of line... But..."

"I want to always be around you... I feel a bit guilty having these kinds of feelings when a lot of other people in our country are suffering... But right now I'm happy to be here, with your arm around me... And u-umm..." She paused for a long moment. "I would be okay with things like what we did... The kiss, a-and..." She paused for another few moments trying to find the right words.

"And anything else that can be normal for you with this..." Her eyes glanced towards you sheepishly, though she had still been blushing.

Asta

Hanako smiled and placed a placed a hand on Trudy's leg, squeezing gently. There was something about her words she found both refreshing and relaxing.

Such an earnest girl.

"I think... the best way is to just take things a day at a time. We'll go forward together at our own pace, and see where we end up. I know that with everything going on it seems like we should be more focused on the hardships ahead, but if we can't take time to take care of ourselves then we'll lose sight of why it's so important to be fighting in the first place."

She looked off in the middle distance for a second, trying to remember that foreign phrase she heard every so often in western media.

"You've got to take some time to stop and smell the roses." She kissed Trudy gently on the forehead. "I'll be here with you always, no matter what."

Throndir

Trudy smiled gently.

"To stop and smell the roses?" Trudy asked curiously and confused as well, her tone of voice prompting you for an explanation..

"But having you here with me makes me glad. I'll be here too, and others too. Minette and everyone else." She smiled. "And yes... I agree. This war we've been having with the demons of this land sometimes makes moments like these a distant memory... But thinking about it, the last few days since you saved us all, have been amazing." There was both a tinge of admiration and happiness in her voice.

Asta

"It just means you have to take time to enjoy the nice things that come your way in life."

QuoteBut thinking about it, the last few days since you saved us all, have been amazing.

Hanako smiled. Trudy was right, since she had come to this world things had indeed been amazing. When she wasn't busy dealing with life threatening situations or flirting with her companions, her situation still managed to boggle the mind.

"I hope things can only get better from here on out... There's still so much to do. I'm glad we could have this time together today."

Throndir

She nodded once you explained what it meant.

"That's a nice way of explaining it..." She thought for it a moment. "We don't have expressions like those... It's never been really encouraged to 'smell the roses', and when we became soldiers, the thinking that we are to be as precise and efficient as possible, without spending time on ourselves has been more the norm."

"But... I'm glad we have this time together, too. I know you'll be busy getting to know our two new guests, but can we sit here for a few more minutes?" Trudy suggested.

QuoteFeel free to close the scene, have some minor control over Trudy to close it well! We can move on to the next thing you want to do.

Asta

"Of course." Hanako replied, taking one of Trudy's hands in her own and giving it a squeeze. She leaned over just a bit and rested her weight on the girl beside her, who did so in kind. The two of them sat quietly, supporting each other physically and figuratively as an island of quiet peace in a busy and dangerous world. There was no knowing what the future would hold, but Hanako was sure she would be able to face it with Trudy by her side.

Some time later, they knew they would need to attend to the rest of the day's work and so the pair wandered their way out of the garden maze. Before they left its verdant serinity, Hanako turned to her companion again, gently lifted her chin with an outstretched finger, and kissed her once more.

"Let's both do our best ok?"

[info]When appropriate Hanako will go meet with Nene to see how shes settling in.[/info]

Throndir

"Yes..." Trudy smiled happily, one of the most sincerest smiles she could muster. "As long as you're with me."

Date: Day 10 - 10 AM

When you were at the front doors of the estate with Trudy, you heard a commotion coming from inside. It sounded like swords clashing, along with Nene's voice yelling.

"You call yourselves soldiers! That's not how you strike!" She boomed as she released a flurry of sword strikes and parries against her opponents.

Shortly after that, Minette sounded like she was repeating what Nene was saying.

"You call yourselves soldiers. That's not how you strike."

The scene before you was a couple of your soldiers with wooden swords, surrounding and attacking Nene. Nene herself had a wooden blade as well, and she seemed to be holding her own well against your troops.

"You're too predictable!" She yelled as she easily disarmed one of the soldiers, while getting out of the way of one of the strikes on her.

"You're too predictable." Minette repeated. Noticing you, she waved a hand. "Hanako... Trudy..." Minette said, her eyes telling you that she seemed exasperated.

Nene herself didn't turn around but continued to keep her eye on the soldiers.

"Okita-san, these are your men? Too rigid!"

Asta

Hanako hung around the outside of the circle of combatants, watching the Isikawan woman's deft swordplay as she shamed the small group of professional soldiers. She had to try and hide her smile whenever Minette repeated Nene's furious chastisements in her dreamy deadpan voice. It really was quite a scene.

Quote"Hanako... Trudy..."

Hanako caught Minette's uncharacteristically weary look and mouthed a sympathetic "I'm sorry".

Quote"Okita-san, these are your men? Too rigid!"

"Akiyama-san, I see you've taken it upon yourself to spar with the soldiers. I'm not familiar with this country's military practices, but perhaps their way of fighting is meant for a different style of combat..."

Truthfully Hanako didn't have the slightest idea what would constitute proper combat technique, she herself only learning the basics of swordplay a short time ago; but even if what Nene had said was true it would be poor form to sleight the soldiers by agreeing outright.

Throndir

"That may be so, but whether or not it's their style of combat, they should at least be able to hold their own!" She then held her wooden blade out then tucked it into her belt.

Minette obediently translated what Nene said.

"She has a point, you know." An unexpected voice called out. It was Elyse Dietrich. She proceeded to make her way towards Nene then, while the swords woman herself narrowed her eyes at the ex-captain.

This display of course only made Elyse harden her stare at Nene, and soon enough both women were locked into a sort of staring contest, with neither side giving way.

"Tch." Nene finally relented, turning to face you. "She seems formidable." Nene admitted. At the same time, Elyse turned towards the humiliated men.

"You were soldiers of Refedoria. No. You are soldiers of Refedoria. To let a foreigner disgrace your swordplay is a disgrace to our military order." Unlike your reaction, Elyse didn't care to soften her words, and the other men only eyed you, but then back towards Elyse. "You are in the employ of the Klein company, and with your current head, Hanako over here, you are to sharpen those skills of yours. Do not disgrace your country. And do not disgrace your employer. Do I make myself clear?"

There were nods from each of them.

"Do I make myself clear?" She repeated, increasing the tone and volume of her voice.

"Ma'am! Yes, ma'am!" They chorused in unison.

"Good." Elyse said as she then turned towards you. "She caught these men training, and seemed to want to join them. Gave her one of the training blades but didn't realize she would defeat them this easily. It's been sometime since any soldier had proper training from a true master. Hanako, in my position as one of Frau Sofia's aides, I think it would be wise to make use of her."

Asta

Whew, harsh. Hanako thought, though she knew the assessment of the soldiers was correct.

"Agreed, I'll suggest that to her later. If things go as planned they'll need to be quite the fighting force. She's probably going to need to learn your language, since I can't have Minette stuck translating for her all the time. Let me introduce you though. Elyse, this is Nene Akiyama. Akiyama-san, this is Elyse Dietrich."

The two seemed to have a sort of warrior's tension going on between them, prowess matching prowess and all that. It was a trope Hanako was familiar with, they would either end up as rivals or great friends. Or, if one were to reference her own work... they would end up in bed together. She took a moment to unpack that scenario in her mind as she made introductions.

[info]I assume that anything Hanako says is translated simultaneously for both parties.[/info]

Throndir

"Nene Akiyama." Elyse said simply, moving her gaze back towards the swordswoman.

"Dietrich-san." Nene stared back, leaving her gaze on the captain.

"A strong character, that flame you have must have been quite the sight on the battlefield." Elyse commented. Minette dutifully repeated Elyse's words in Isikawan back towards Nene. As the two talked, Minette would continue to translate between the two of them.

"You're no pushover either. I can tell you're no stranger to battle." Nene responded, not backing down from Elyse.

"I have. The campaign against the demons didn't last long, but I was there at the front lines commanding my soldiers."

"A commander? In the war against the demons?" Nene thought for a moment, then forcefully moving her gaze away from Elyse she turned towards you. "Okita-san, Dietrich-san. There's something I need to tell you in private. Schreiber-san I need you to translate."

She glanced around and started making her way towards the nearest room, which happened to be the meeting room located in the lobby.

Minette and Dietriche glanced over to you, but it was Dietrich who started making her way to follow.

QuoteAssuming you follow.

Once the four of you were inside, Nene closed the door.

"I've been keeping this a secret since I was captured, so forgive me for not trusting your men." Nene started. "My name is not Akiyama Nene. My true name is Kusunoki Akime, daimyo of a land part of the Isikawan Soverignty now overrun by demons. Akiyama-san... Akiyama Nene was the name of one of my subordinates." The swordswoman, now named Akime, admitted.

Asta

"Mmmm... that's a shocker."

With this new revelation, there were now at least two people of political importance living in the mansion. Hanako was unsure how that made her feel, but it did help stress that escaping from the country was a smart move.

"So... Kusunoki-denka, why reveal yourself now?" Hanako asked. It was a prudent question, what did this woman stand to gain by letting it be known that she was such an important person?

Throndir

"Multiple reasons... The first one being your display of power earlier this morning." She said, pointing towards her neck where her collar once sat. "There are other kinds of magic out here in this world, but what you did, seemed to be a strange kind of magic, much like the unique powers granted to... heroes."

"The second reason is the fact this entire mansion is masquerading as something they're not. You even have a false noble to help your cover. This tells me you are at not fully aligned with the rules of this country."

"Thirdly, your men look and talk about you with admiration and respect. Their feelings for those rival their feelings of anger towards the demons in the conversations I overheard."

"This may be my only chance to claim back that land and avenge my people. If I were to continue my own charade, it would not sit well with me. Honor dictates that I should be forthright to allies. And if my view of what I've seen and heard is correct, then this mansion, and its inhabitants are allies."

Asta

"That's fair" Hanako said, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "Your assessment of the situation is correct. I won't go far enough to say that we are some kind of resistance movement, but the people here are certainly against the continued occupation of the country by the demons."

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

"I do have certain... abilities as well. The general consensus is that I am a hero. Though I would debate if that term should really apply to me at the moment. Either way, it's convenient that you ended up here Kusunoki-denka. We're currently making preparations to leave for Isikawa."