[Amelia] Chapter 11: Economy

Started by Mysticsage, March 11, 2019, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Amelia continued to walk around her room running her hand through her cat's fur. "You are about to get a strange request from Mati to have a sparring duel. I want you to please accept, and if she looks like she is going to back out you have to push for the duel to happen this morning."

"She has something she desperately wants to tell you, but she does not have the words to say it. She needs to use her sword for this use her actions to express herself. The problem is she is worried that you will be upset afterward. So, I wanted to tell you first and foremost give this duel everything you have and force her to use her best to in this fight. Don't hold back even though she is your sister and don't let her falter.

Force her to use everything she has and if you lose then do your best to smile for her. Please, I don't want this to be an order but know that I will be watching the fight, and I will be disappointed, in the both of you, if either of you are not pushed to the limits."
Her mental thoughts were solid like iron and yet warm. She honestly cared for both of them and poured all her honesty into what she said. All the while, hoping that the importance of this moment across the connection.

"Do you understand what I am asking?"

As Amelia waited for a response a thought popped into her head, "I think I have something for you to test mending on Nyx."

Going over to her bag she ruffled through the contents until she found what she was looking for. A book she had bought before leaving home with her best friend. She meant to read it while traveling and downtime yet none had presented itself. Even now, she still had to be careful handling it as it was on the near-constant edge of falling apart.

Placing the book open on the bed she hopped if this made it more stable at least then she might be able to read it without worry. "Give it a shot Nyx,"

[info]The book was my reward from this side thread
http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php?topic=1856.0
[/info]

Throndir

A spar..?! Y-yes... I haven't sparred with my sister for the past week, but she had just been busy...

I don't really understand, but if it means just to fight with everything I have... Alright, I will.

"Restore!" Nys said. A moment after that, the book that you presented to him started to repair the various wear on it. It continued to have dirt and old stains on it, but the torn pages, or damage on the cover was repaired. It didn't look as brittle as it once was as well. The text on the front had appeared as well.

The words were a language you didn't recognize.

QuoteRoll a Knowledge (history) if you have it.

However, the translation effect soon kicked in, and the foreign letters morphed into readable ones.

The Creation of the World
-Artemis

The missing pages at the beginning of the book had been recreated as well, along with the original text that they had. Although the rest of the book was written in English. The forward was written in the same characters you had seen.

Here in lies the creation of the world from my point of view. Different from the stories of man, yet similar as well.

The main things you managed to get from the Forward was that there were multiple beings in charge of creating the world, with the author, Artemis, being one such of the individuals helping in the process. One thing you noticed was that many of the names the author had mentioned were ones of Greek gods and goddesses, though, there seemed to be others that you did not recognize.

Mysticsage

[info]Requested history check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 17 + 3, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Knowledge (history): 20
The letters are ones you have seen before. You noted some familiar symbols such as the alpha and beta symbols. You were fairly sure this was written in ancient Greek, or something similar to it.[/info]

Mysticsage

"It worked!" Amelia said with a smile and a clap as she scanned through the forward. She marveled at the translated text for a minute before forcing herself to close it. Throwing the book in her bag and flinging it over her shoulder she smiled. "We need to head off to the training ground and making sure Mati doesn't chicken out."

She let Nyx jump on her shoulder as she finished the last of her costume and headed quickly out the door.

[info]Amelia will head to the training hall making sure that she would be there on time and if she has free time she will begin reading the book.[/info]

Throndir

It didn't take you long to find out where the training grounds were. Traversing the castle hallways the past week had started to make the entire place feel more familiar. Passing by familiar faces of guards and maids, with most of them greeting you respectfully, you finally made it to the castle's inner courtyard.

It was rather large for a courtyard, but it made sense as the castle itself was a large one with a variety of different wings to it. You managed to easily catch sight of the two figures a distance away, it looked like both were preparing and were strapping on a variety of armor pieces. This was the first time you've seen Kurt in such armor. Even Matilda was gearing up.

"Amelia... We don't normally put our armor on, but... You did say to go all out."

"Brother... Prepare yourself, okay?"

With that, the two went to either end of the arena-like area in the middle, each one brandishing their swords. Kurt was using two blades, while Matilda opted on using one large two-handed sword.

Matilda's visage was serious as she called out to you.

"Sister... Tell us when to start?"

Mysticsage

Amelia could feel her heart beating in her chest as she watched them finish preparing for the fight. She was glad to have Nyx on her shoulders to heal or drain mana if things got out of hand. Seeing the determination in their eyes she stepped to the edge of the ring. And like a fight announcer said with force,

"Fight BEGIN!"

[info]amelia will use knowledge martial to ref this fight keep people from getting horribly wounded and learn as much as she can. Nyx will aid me and act as medic[/info]

Throndir

[blockquote]Kurt Initiative 1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Matilda Initiative 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/blockquote]

Throndir

"Here... I... come!" Matilda shouted, grabbing her sword tightly.

QuoteRound 1
Matilda Swift action: Ki Release, triggering Body Strengthening III, and Body Armoring III
Matilda Move action: Flash step, adjacent to Kurt
Matilda Standard action: Attack with greatsword

[blockquote]Matilda attack 1d20+19 : 12 + 19, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Matilda damage 2d6+32 : 6, 4 + 32, total 42[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteRound 1
Matilda Swift action: Ki Release, triggering Body Strengthening III, and Body Armoring III
Matilda Move action: Flash step, adjacent to Kurt
Kurt Immediate action: Sun Dips Low counter

[blockquote]Kurt Sun Dips Low Acrobatics 1d20+20 : 2 + 20, total 22[/blockquote]

Throndir

Matilda had literally disappeared from where she stood as dust was kicked off where she had been standing just moments before. She appeared in front of Kurt then, her greatsword striking out. Kurt saw the attack coming, but even though he tried to get out of the way to counter the swing, the weapon hit him squarely in the chest, drawing a large wound on the prince.

To the prince's credit, he remained standing, though, the fact he had blood on his mouth told you he had suffered some internal wounds.

"Flash step? I didn't think you mastered that already." Kurt said as he readied his blades. A moment later he too was gone.

Kurt unleashed multiple strikes at that moment.

QuoteRough Status
Kurt: Badly Wounded
Matilda: Uninjured

Log
Round 1
Matilda Swift action: Ki Release, triggering Body Strengthening III, and Body Armoring III (7 KP)
Matilda Move action: Flash step, adjacent to Kurt (1 KP)
Kurt Immediate action: Sun Dips Low counter (3 KP)
Matilda hits and deals damage.
Kurt Free action Flash Step -> I'm Behind You (1 KP)
Kurt full attacks, activating Ki Strike on each hit vs Flat-foot AC (5 KP)

Matilda KP Used: 8
Kurt KP Used: 9

[blockquote]Attack 1 1d20+14 : 11 + 14, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dmg 1 3d6+12 : 6, 2, 3 + 12, total 23[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 2 1d20+14 : 18 + 14, total 32[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dmg 2 3d6+12 : 1, 1, 1 + 12, total 15[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 3 1d20+9 : 16 + 9, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dmg 3 3d6+12 : 1, 1, 1 + 12, total 15[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 4 1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dmg 4 3d6+12 : 4, 1, 5 + 12, total 22[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 5 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dmg 5 3d6+12 : 1, 1, 2 + 12, total 16[/blockquote]

Throndir

Due to Matilda being flat-footed, Kurt managed to hit with all 5 of his strikes, each one cutting deeply into Matilda's back.

QuoteLog
Matilda takes 91 damage.

Rough Status
Kurt: Badly Wounded
Matilda: Badly Wounded

Log
Round 2
Matilda KP regenerated: 2
Kurt KP regenerated: 1

Kurt's look of victory changed when he realized Matilda didn't fall.

"How are you still sta-" But Kurt wasn't able to finish as Matilda, her back and armor bleeding rotated the momentum of her earlier swing and aimed straight for Kurt. At that same time, her weapon began to glow around its edges.

QuoteLog
Round 2
Matilda KP regenerated: 2
Kurt KP regenerated: 1
Matilda Swift action: Sharpened Blade x5
Matilda full attacks

[blockquote]Greatsword 1 1d20+24 : 9 + 24, total 33[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Greatsword 1 dmg 2d6+37 : 1, 4 + 37, total 42[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Greatsword 2 1d20+19 : 12 + 19, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Greatsword 2 dmg 2d6+37 : 3, 6 + 37, total 46[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Greatsword 3 1d20+14 : 7 + 14, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Greatsword 3 dmg 2d6+37 : 5, 5 + 37, total 47[/blockquote]

Throndir

Seeing the blade coming, Kurt attempted to reverse the attack.

[blockquote]Kurt Counter Reversing Thrust 1d20+20 : 12 + 20, total 32[/blockquote]

Throndir

Kurt tried to get out of the way and even counter-attack, but Matilda's strike was too quick. The greatsword sliced into his side, instantly knocking out the prince out cold.

When the prince crumpled to the ground, unmoving, a pool of blood flowing around him, Matilda called out urgently.

"Brother...?" She asked hesitantly. Immediately after she called out to you.

"Sis! Amelia! Help him."

Mysticsage

"Nyx, Restore now!" Amelia said rushing forward to Kurt's side. She quickly studied the wound as she kneeled down doing her best to stop the bleeding for the few seconds that it would take for Nyx to heal.