[Amelia] Chapter 11: Economy

Started by Mysticsage, March 11, 2019, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

You found the king in the middle of a game of chess with Liudger Ebner.

"Queen Amelia!" King Richmond said as you entered. "Liudger tells me you introduced this game? Chess? It's rather fascinating I must admit... The amount of thought and strategy you would have to put into this game? Simply remarkable."

When you requested help with the invitation, the king readily agreed. Soon enough the two of you created the invitation, along with sealing it officialy with the royal seal. The king mentioned he can have the letter be sent out tonight, though it'd be a few days for it to arrive at the intended destination.

Mysticsage

"The game is a classic back home your majesty. All I did was explain how I understood how the pieces move." she chuckled.

"I also wanted to let you know that I am going to go out tomorrow so, please don't be concerned if you don't see me around. If anything goes wrong while I'm out I will make sure to send word using my abilities."
she smiled.

"Nyx and I have had a tough few days so it will be nice for the two of us to relax. I hope you two have a good game,"
she said before returning to her bedroom.

Once in her room she sent a mental note to Nyx, "You okay with going training tomorrow? I thought it would be fun to check out the dungeon."

Throndir

Concerned, the king looked up from his game that he continued shortly after finishing the letter.

"Still within the city? You've been with us for almost two weeks now, but don't forget you're royalty too, you should take some guards, or my son or daughter with you."

The dungeon? I admit I haven't ventured out of the city walls yet... There's always enough of the city to explore at night. Nyx stretched. I've been curious about their dungeon though, I can't let my servant go by herself can I? There was a hint of teasing in his voice.

Mysticsage

"I promise you I won't go alone," She smiled before leaving the king's chambers.

"My knight in furred armor. We will take Thyra with us to help train my energy. We should also take this opportunity to test your talents as well. After all, you are the actual hero so you should have more power at your disposal."

"Afterwards, I thought it would be fun to ask Conrad if we could have a star viewing party with Kurt and Matilda as a reward."

Throndir

Nyx continued to stretch, then began to groom himself as he responded.

The hero? Well, don't count yourself out of that anytime soon, you can form these... telepathic links with others. It's no Tuxedo Mask, but it's still a 'heroic blessing'.

Mysticsage

"I love you too." She smiled

[info]
The plan for tomorrow

Go out to the dungeon with thyra, kurt, and nyx

Have Matilda and Akari prepare a night time star viewing picnic

Have Conrad bring the telescope

people actively invited anyone working in the castle and father Ragnar
[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 12 - 7 AM

When the morning came around, there was a knock on your door.

"Your Majesty? Amelia?... Sister?" It was Matilda's voice.

"There's umm... something I want to talk about."

Mysticsage

"Sure,Mati, what do you need?" Amelia said opening the door as she was finishing getting dressed for the day in her male costume.

Throndir

"Well... Remember a week ago when you told me I should go all out and fight with my brother?" She said as she went into the room, and closed the door behind her.

"I kinda chickened out... I've been stressing about it the entire week, but I'm not sure... I've avoided my sparring sessions with him, I've just been telling him I've had some maid duties to take care of for Corina every morning... But... Do you really think I should? Break the fact his little sister is actually much better than him?"

"Isn't that almost mean?"

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled kneeling down to Matilda's eye level "Oh Sweetheart, have you been holding this in the entire week? You should have come to me sooner."

"There is nothing mean about living your true life, but there is something mean to yourself about feeling like you have to bend over backward."

Amelia paused for a moment a thought coming to mind then smiled conspiratorially. "I think you should come out with us today. Would you like to do that? We are all going to sneak out of the city to go to that beginner dungeon. Of course, if you are going to come with us you are going to need to bring a sword."

Throndir

"Well... I usually spar with my brother in the morning... Both he and I used to train in the morning when it was the quietest, we didn't do it every day, but it became a habit enough that if we were there at the castle's training grounds, we'd have a quick match." Matilda explained. "I would hold back of course... I was thinking..."

She paused, then looked towards her feet.

"I was thinking of maybe sparring with my brother again, this time... seriously?"

"Oh! But after, I'd love to come to the dungeon. You're talking about the Goblin Dungeon of the guild right? To be honest, that one is really really easy for us, but if you'd like me to come, I'd really like to see how you're progressing!"

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled, "In that case, I would love to watch the two of you spar for real this time before we go."

"Then you can choose I actually planned to do a little stargazing party tonight that I wanted to ask your and Akari help for. Since I knew you didn't like fighting and I was going to focus on working with Nyx, for the most part, I figured you would find it boring. However, if you would rather come watch us make fools of ourselves instead please feel free to come along."

Throndir

"Well... I would really like to spend time with you. We haven't talked a lot this last week since you've been so busy with your new job. But ummm, I want to see how things go with big bro first. I'll meet you at the training ground then? Its in the castle courtyard, since its the private one we use here in the castle."

With that Matilda smiled and started to make her way out the door.

Once it was quiet, Nyx spoke up as he stretched.

"That girl is actually really fond of you." Nyx commented. "Well so is her brother." His voice was full of teasing.

"But I got a new title last night. Status." Nyx paused for a second.

"It's called 'Mender'. It gave me quite a good amount of 'WIS' too. Haven't figured out what that does yet or how I got it. I was killing rats as normal..."

Mysticsage

Amelia reached down to scratch behind Nyx's ears. "I'm fond of them too." Amelia smiled thoughtfully.

"You've probably leveled up though that title does make it a curious ability. I can imagine what it is good for though. I wonder if it would be worth going diving, and seeing if there is anything worth salvaging that we can try to mend?"

"Well, for the time being, we have to focus on the dungeon. I want you to try focusing on trying to cast magic and other abilities?"
Amelia said going to lift him. "I was thinking it would be neat if you could be more physically imposing like a man-eating tiger or something. After all, while people under-estimate you they should also know how regal you are."

[info]From all that rat hunting does he feel and or look different? Gained muscle any of that considering he is eating almost entirely a protein-based diet[/info]

"Before that though, I suppose I should try to discretely talk to Kurt ab,out this duel." Opening friends list with a word she focuses on Kurt.

"Kurt, are you busy? I had a favor to ask of you about Mati"

Throndir

Picking him Nyx, he was definitely a lot more fit than he was back on Earth. It was as if he was the peak optimal health for a cat, but nonetheless, he was still physically like a cat. Indeed, you could feel his muscles under his fur well when you picked him up. He was one damn fine cat.

A-Amelia! I heard that you can do this, but this is the first time I'm actually experiencing it. Talking to me... p-privately... After the initial shock wore off, Kurt continued.

H-how can I help you Your Majesty? He asked. Strange, even though the dialogue was through internal thoughts, he still seemed to stutter. You can almost imagine his face blushing.