[Amelia] Chapter 10.3 Breakfast With Two Cats

Started by Mysticsage, January 18, 2019, 07:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Date: Day 11 -  7 AM

The early morning meeting with the Basgkassia representative was scheduled for an early morning meeting and hard worked hard to get her feline partner ready for the early morning. She had been interested in the fact that a nation that is known for it's divided populace and love of slavery would send a demi-human as a representative. That spoke volumes about her skill and prowess. If she wanted to stop slavery in Bursteg and absorb the Darmona she could use the input of such a person.

This was the one meeting where Amelia had brought Nyx along for more than just protection something said that he would provide an interesting talking point. Showing how he treated her and vice versa could breakdown walls. All that was left was to hope that breakfast was a smart idea and that it would not hold up her other meetings for the day.

Throndir

QuoteBe sure to state what you expect of Nyx for this talking, usually I RP him as a normal unaware cat.

Like the previous representatives, she too had a translator with her. However, she spoke to you in her own language.

"Amelia, it is surprising that a servant here in Mendernich can speak the Bashkassia language... Either way, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Mysticsage

[info]He can act as he pleases in this meeting this is a chance for him to get pet if he wants to play dumb or he can talk lol.[/info]

"Like I said before it is all thanks to the powers of my lady."Amelia smiled warmly. "The same goes for her familiar hear. He is really a sweetheart. I'm sure you could pet him if you like." She let Nyx climb down her shoulders and onto the table.

"And if it's not too much to say my lady was also impressed with you. She read about the Bashkassia and their views on race. To push past people's expectations and prove them wrong is not an easy task. She wanted to see your opinion of this world and in particular your home nation? Not as the representative but as the person who has had to prove themselves and work to subvert expectations."

"My Lady nor I can stomach slavery or second class citizenry, but she does not wish to work on bad faith or bad assumptions. It makes her even worse if she simplified the matter of politics down to bad and good. She wishes to understand others before making any kind of final judgments. She was hoping you would be willing, to be honest, and open about the simple things feel free to leave any sensitive details out."

Throndir

The Bashkassia Federation representative was a feline demihuman named Sinya Nikitin. "A feline..." The monk said as she placed a gentle hand on Nyx and petted him. Nyx began to purr.

"The people of this country, along with Isikawa, and some other nations don't have pets such as these. Cats... But I've always found them comforting. Maybe it's because I'm a demihuman, or maybe, it's true for everyone."

She looked towards you then.

"Following the way of peace as a monk in a country so against demihumans was hard. But... Our monkhood had always been accepting, regardless of race or gender. When the church first appointed me as the head priest of the Church of the Goddesses... Well, you can imagine that caused quite a stir, especially among the nobles."

"In official records, 15% of Bashkassia Federeation are demihuman. But in reality, that number is closer to 45%, maybe 50%. In the slums in our cities, or enslaved to our human masters, many of them aren't accounted for. But... That is primarily only the nobles and land owners that are against us. The common folk, or those that live in the countryside are more accepting, as is the church as well."

QuoteIf t here's specific things you want to know, let me know.

Mysticsage

"His name is Nyx, Nyxilous Onerion. I am blessed to have him in my life. He means the world to my lady as well. If he was not here I think she would have lost hope by now instead of smiling as she does." She smiled warmly and earnestly at her feline companion. "It is really interesting that you say you've seen others of his kind. I thought he might be the only one in this world."

Amelia nodded as Sinya told her story. taking mental note of the numbers she was told. "Your appointment to such high position shows the first step for real change. So take strength in yourself and do not lose heart. And if you ever need allies promoting that change, know you have one with our hero and me. That includes giving shelter to any demihumans who need to leave the country due to abuse."

"But please, tell me more about your homeland?"

[info]
What is Bashkassia like?

What is her favorite thing about the new world?

What does she miss of her homeworld?

What is her favorite pass time?
[/info]

Throndir

"Bashkassia... It was a powerful country back in our world. However... Neither our capital or important cities made it along with us. We've been here for... 20 years. I was only a few years old when the Shifting occurred, so I don't remember how it was back then. Our country is actually an annexed state of the Felencorp. With the government being run primarily by them. The section of Bashkassia that made it here though are primarily farms and fields, so we've been in charge of  producing the food and helping with the supply lines to the war. Primarily the south... But I know some of our goods are shipped off to the fight up north."

"Favorite thing of the new world... Can't say... well, the people, perhaps... You know, I don't have much to compare with... This world is all I've known for most of my life."

"Have you ever felt what it was like sitting on fields of wheat, as the ocean breeze blows through your hair? That's a wonderful feeling... I'm not sure if that counts as a past-time, but when I'm not busy with my duties as the head monk... it's what I enjoy the most."

Mysticsage

Amelia will listen to her stories and smile, "I don't know about fields of wheat but I do love the ocean. The scent of a fresh salt breeze gets into your very soul and never really goes away." Amelia will continue to have a fun meal with Sinya talking about her favorite parts of the ocean.

After an hour, "Thank you for this. I needed a break after all the hard work from the other day meeting with so many powerful people at one time was really stressful. After all, I'm just one girl randomly chosen But being able to talk person to person like this really helps with the stress. Is there something I can do for you to return the favor? I cannot make promises but I would like to know if you personally or politically need anything. I'll do my best to help."

[info]Amelia will also reiterate the hero's offer of taking any metahuman refugees that need protection to have them cross the border.[/info]

Throndir

Sinya thought about the question.

"There isn't much of anything that could be done. In our cities there are mistreatment of demihuman and slaves, though, we get by with what we have. We send a lot of our food shipments over to the Felencorp, and we only have enough to get by, but in terms of war, I suppose that is expected..."

She shook her head.

"Thank you for the offer, but perhaps prayers over the entire situation, and that our people eventually win this war."

Mysticsage

"Something doesn't feel right about the war with the demons if you ask me. Something larger is going on if a war has been going on this long, and there is still so little in terms of knowledge about the enemy."

Amelia smiled "that being said I will certainly pray for your health and the health of your people."

She pauses for a moment, "Have you had a chance to see much of the city the other day? I would be more than happy to show you around."

[info]Made a note about the food issue
Amelia will show Sinya around town and try to get her to unwind a little bit, she seems like she needs to relax maybe see if I can get some catnip, catnip tea, or catnip baked goods  and see what happens.
[/info]

Throndir

QuoteDid you have catnip with you from your own world? Mendernich has no concept of cats, and likewise, of catnip, so it won't be a product sold there, or easily available.

Mysticsage

[info]I feel like I would have had some from trying to find Nyx when he ran away in germany if i need to spend a hero point to add some to my inventory i will[/info]

Throndir

QuoteYeah, I'll have you spend a point, feel free to also go into your Items sheet and think of more things, even if small, that you might have had with you. You can think of it along the lines of: "This was a bag I took with me on the airplane as me carry-on, so I should have maybe this and this and this too...", not to mention the stuff you threw in there when you went to look for Nyx that night.

Anymore future additions will cost points, make sure you add everything!

Also roll a Diplo, or Knowledge (local) for showing Sinya around town, that checks on how well you generally do playing host.

"That is true... I'm not sure if much is known about them. They tend to kill and plunder before they say anything... I have heard of rumours though. Bands of half-demons that roam the lands, though, of course, always in hiding. Apart from that, demons themselves have some sort of dark magic. Though... It differs from the records we have of magic using the Darkness attribute. Apart from that, there are demon generals that lead them, though, they aren't always demons, and sometimes are members of monster-races. The same is true with their troops. They often employ creatures like goblins. It's the actual demonic armies that prove to be the worst of them... As for taking a look at their bodies and physical form. Around 30 minutes to an hour, their bodies dissipate."

When you offered to show her around town, Sinya readily accepted.

"Thank you! I would love that Amelia." She said smiling. "My home country is different... It's always fascinating to see other countries, and the architecture that your people use is quaint."

Mysticsage

"Half-Demons?" Amelia will ask curiously. "What do you know of the dark attribute?"

Amelia takes some time showing her different shops and different areas of the city enjoying exploring and spending time with the Sinya then remembers an interesting idea in her bag for later.

"And would you like to have tea at the castle?"

[info]Diplomacy check to play host.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"Half-demons are the offspring from a union between a demon and a human. Well, or a demi-human, or any other race, really. They gain the longetivity from their demonic blood, and in the past hundred years, there's been stories of half-demons. Many of them are slayed on sight if they do appear though, and often times, it's hard to distinguish between the monsters they employ and half-demons. Some still side with the demons, though, if stories from adventurers are to be believed, there are a few that roam the lands as a neutral party."

"The darkness attribute... Very rare for anyone to have. When people are born, they find themselves compatible with a number of the 6 attributes: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, of Darkness. The last two attributes though, are extremely rare. From the stories I had heard from the Felencorp, they once had a priestess who wielded the Light attribute early in the war... But once she passed, there have been no new ones found with that attribute. It's the same with the Darkness attribute, though, if Darkness is found, that sort of ability is stigmatized, and there's a chance that someone in the past hundreds years have had it, only to hide it away and never develop it too."

"As the High Priest of my country's Church of the Goddesses though, my views on it differ slightly than some of those that we met with just yesterday who are more centric towards the Goddess of Light. Though generally shunned by the masses, the Goddess of Darkness does have her role too in our world, and the Darkness attribute is not necessarily evil either."

Once you finished showed her around you managed to get a new title.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Tour Guide』
You gained +1 CHA[/okay]"Thank you, Amelia! That was a splendid tour. But the castle?" Sinya thought about it. "Do you think I'd be able to meet the Mendernich hero? I was looking forward to seeing her being honest." She grinned at you.

"But if she chooses not have visitors, that is fine too. After all, it wouldn't be fair to the Felencorp bishop."

Mysticsage

Amelia nodded as she continued to show her around, "The hero hs similar beliefs about the attribute of darkness as you do. Darkness is the thing that allows people to sleep after all and is just as much about the process of life as light. Light can be just as cruel as darkness after all revealing all under a harsh gaze the burns just as much as fire. Too bright a light and every creature will turn away. She doubts any attribute is inherently evil its just what people choose to do with them that is wrong."

"Or at least that's what she told me."

"As for the half-demons from the stories you've heard is there a general area the neutral ones stick too where these adventurers run into them? I understand they roam but I imagine they stay our of openly hostile areas."
Amelia asked as they approached the castle before Amelia stopped and then continued leading the way.

Sinya was right best to not aggravate Felencorp more. "I doubt we could go see the hero even at this time of day she is often sleeping."

As they continued walking into the safety of the castle shadow past the gate she decided to take a gamble looking at her open friend's list she focused on Sinya's name. "Lucky for you, you've spent the whole day with the hero yourself. I hope I can trust you with that secret. You can respond mentally if you like."