[Leela] Chapter 4: Borders of Xalaster Orthodoxy

Started by Throndir, December 30, 2018, 08:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Leela Steading

Stopping to look up and see what was happening, Leela could only blink in amazement at Efrit's overreaction to the "bug". After a moment, she looked around at the part of the camp that was now charring embers. She was thankful that she had not been the one poking at Efrit.

"I hope you plan on making sure all those embers are put out before you go to sleep. I don't want to wake up and find the forest burning around us." She told Efrit. She was now considering sleeping far enough away from the camp that she would not have to worry about being 'accidentally' caught on fire by the large man's fiery breath.

"Indeed." She replied to Zephyrus' smug comment as she got back to work removing clinging imps so she could finally lay down for the night. "I'm pretty sure that would scare off any wolf thinking of attacking us."

Throndir

"The fires will be fine. Besides, if they start spreading we can be out of here in no time. This place could do with a bit more fire anyways."

When you began to remove the imps, a couple of them complained as some of them tried their hardest to continue sticking to you.

"Leela-sama! Who will protect me?"

"I don't want to be eaten by a wolf!"

"Leela-sama I'm scared."

"I want to eat a wolf!"

"Efrit is scary! Wolf is scary!"

"I'm not very tasty!"

"Leela-sama you'll protect us right?"

"Yum!"

"Now everyone! We have to be able to sleep by ourselves and not bother Leelasama! Leelasama is our master! We will be okay! Okay?" Abi said, trying to reassure her fellow imps. You couldn't help but notice that even Abi continued to hold on to your dress.

Ella

Leela Steading

It figured all the imps would complain about being moved away. She had expected Abi to be the same, only to hear her personal assistant taking leadership and telling them all that they can sleep by themselves. Abi had been chosen as leader of the imps, but Leela had not expected the imp to do so well with her leadership role. Still... Abi was clinging to her skirts as well. Actions certainly speak louder than words.

"Abi is right. At least half of you are supposed to be good at fighting and the rest of you are supposed to be good at sneaking, right? You all should be able to take care of yourselves. Find places to sleep where you wouldn't be as easily found by wolves and keep your weapons next to you so you can fight back if attacked."

Throndir

Some of the imps started to grumble, but a couple of them started to agree with you. They began to chatter all at once.

"Master Leela-sama is right! We are special!"

"I can hide."

"I'm a really good hider."

"I bet we can eat the wolf!"

"I can fight too!"

"Yeah! Leela-sama chose me!"

"She chose me, too!"

"I really like you Leela-sama!"

QuoteState any plans for the rest of the night, otherwise state plans for the next morning. I'll do encounter rolls to see if you run into anything.