[Charlene] Chapter 4: A New World

Started by Throndir, December 09, 2018, 04:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"I made back!" Charlie near shouts. She jogs down the entrance. "532! Let me into the core! I have a, uh, person to help!"

Charlie looks at Adi with a shrug and smile.
JoYesterday at 9:14 PM

"Wait, wait, wait!" Dungeon Core 532 called out in your head. A moment later she appeared at the entrance as well. "First of... Welcome home master! ☆" She said as she placed her hands together, tilted her head, and spoke in the cutest way possible. But a moment later, she glared at Adi who was following you.

"What is that following you? It's a human! She's kinda cute... but still a human!"

"I am Charlie's friend!" Adi replied back. You noticed she didn't use 'servant', or called you 'master' either. Dungeon Core 532 looked towards you waiting for an explanation.
akicheetoYesterday at 9:20 PM
"Are you okay? You said there were people attacking you?" Charlie sees the glare and looks at Adi then back at Dungeon Core 532.

"She's, honestly I don't even know. She used to call me master because I summoned her but she's been with me for...a couple of hours."
JoYesterday at 9:20 PM

"Master? Hmmm... Well... Menu!" Dungeon Core 532 triggered the command as the menu's appeared for her. You saw her move and twiddle her fingers around as if she was going through the menu you yourself were slightly familiar with. "Well... Have you used the Map function of the menu yet, master? It tells us who are intruders and who aren't. Red dots are intruders, and green dots are our allies. Strangely... Adi is green too. So... I guess that makes her okay." Dungeon Core 532 strode up to Adi. "I am your Dungeon Core! And master is your master!"

Adi looked confused, but she nodded a moment later, and smiled in her usualy happy self. "Okay! As long as I'm by Charlie's side."

Dungeon Core 532 turned back towards you. "Anyways, master! ☆ The four intruders are actually still in there. They're in the final room! But they haven't found the core yet... Oh...! I spent all our DP too, but I still couldn't kill them!"
akicheetoYesterday at 9:27 PM
"Do they look like the guys that attacked the first time? What do we have left?" Charlie asks until she remembers, "Oh wait, Menu!"

She pokes through the map to take a look at the intruders and checks the stats of the Dungeon.

"Eh, I'm definitely not strong enough to kill them, I nearly died last time."
JoYesterday at 9:32 PM
The moment you opened up the menu you quickly saw the Map option. You swear it wasn't there the last time you had opened up the menu. Was the menu adding more options? After focusing on the Map option, it then took you to a layout of your entire dungeon. Like what Dungeon Core 532 described, there was indeed 4 red dots inside. There was also a green dot to the hallway attached to the room on its eastern wall. Likewise, there were 3 green dots where you were standing at the entrance. There were numbers above each of the red dots as well.  One dot had a '1' on it. The second dot had a '2 on it as well. The third dot had a '6' on it., whil the last red dot had a '3' on it.

"Are you looking at the map? Do you see those numbers above them? That tells you how much DP they give us when they sit here! It's just been about 15 minutes at most though... So it'll be another 45 minutes til we get the points. My dungeon isn't big enough usually to let people stay in it for too long."
akicheetoYesterday at 9:37 PM
"Hm, what do you think they want? We don't have treasure here do we? Wait, why do people even go into dungeons? To fight?"
(Also Charlie has no idea what those dots mean XD)
(Oh wait you explained it lol my bad)
JoYesterday at 9:40 PM

"Well... To fight and to get treasure I suppose. The others told me I should put treasure every now and then, along with my precious goblins, so that's what I do! And we have some treasure, like... I put this sword and a few coins in a crystal in one of the rooms. We also have another crystal containing soem other things in one of the hidden rooms."
akicheetoYesterday at 9:45 PM
"What can I do to help? I'm kind of useless right now." Charlie scratches her head and looks at Adi. "You know, I don't remember if I asked but can you fight? Do you have magic, Adi?"
JoYesterday at 9:46 PM

"Oh... I keep forgetting you're nto the type of Dungeon Master who can kill things so easily!" Dungeon Core 532 said before waving her hand, and all of a sudden the view changed. You realized you were back in the Master Room. This time, Adi was in there with you. Adi's eyes widened at the sudden change in environment, and she even readied  her wand.

It took a few seconds for her to adjust, and finally she replied to your questions. "Yes! I happen to be one of the more expensive items in the Cash Shop, of course I can fight! And yes, I specialize in magic!"
akicheetoYesterday at 9:56 PM
"Heh, yeah sorry, I'm a little useless. You got the worse DM possible." Charlie grins crookedly with a shrug. She looks at Adi for a moment in contemplation. "I wonder...Adi, do you have a menu I can see?"
JoYesterday at 9:57 PM

"A menu? Do you mean the things I can do? Well... There's a description in the cash shop. You must have lookedat it before buying me, right? Or was I from one of those gachas?"
akicheetoYesterday at 9:59 PM
"You were from a gacha. I don't think I would've been able to get you otherwise," Charlie says, "Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that. Cash shop!"

(OOC: Charlie looks for Adi's stats and abilities)
MEE6BOTYesterday at 9:59 PM
GG @akicheeto, you just advanced to level 2 !
akicheetoYesterday at 9:59 PM
(Heck yeah XD)
JoYesterday at 10:08 PM
You opened up the Cash Shop, the menus in there were familiar as you've been through them before. Though, these menus had a lot more flashy ads that seemed to appear in the screen. It took you a few moments, but you eventually managed to find where they were selling other 'Heroic Companions'. From there, there was a section for Heroic Mage Companions, and finally from there you scrolled down until you saw one of a 'Magical Girl'. She cost 4,000 Gems normally. Much more than the 95 Gems you currently had. From there you focused on that item in the cash shop, and soon enough a list of statistics appeared.

Magical Girl
Level 60

HP: 100/100
MP: 184/184
STR: 10
DEX: 20
CON: 18
INT: 26
WIS: 10
CHA: 18
MAG: 32

Proficiencies: All Simple Weapons, Wands
Spells: <List of Spells - haven't had time to generate, mix of defensive and offensive, all with 'Magical Girl' like names. Eg, Shooting Star Beam>
    Shooting Star Beam
    Crescent Shot
    Starry Ray Spiral
    Sparkle Light Sphere
    Moonlight Aegis Burst
    Fate Revolution
    Aurora Arc
    Shining Chant
    Rainbow Barrier
Abilities:
    Translate Languages
    Knowledge of the Master
    Magical Girl Transformation
    Mascot Fairy
Techniques:
    Sense Mana
    Use Mana
    Shape Mana
    Apply Mana
    Elemental Magicka
    Elemental Forms
    Elemental Fusion Expert
    Astrological Magicka
    Divination Magicka
    Prolonged Casting
    Mana Bulwark I
    Mana Bulwark II
    Magicka Stabilization I
    Magicka Circles
    Mana Magicka Circles
    Liturgical Reduction
    Enchant
    Spell Disruption
    Item Manifestation
    Prepared Mana Magicka Circles
    Silent Invocation
Resistances:
    Agility: 3
    Phys. Resist.: 12
    Mental Resist.: 8
Equipment:
    Magical Girl Dress
    Magical Girl Wand
akicheetoYesterday at 10:28 PM
"Holy, you're level 60?!" Charlie exclaims as she scans the menu. "Oh hey, would you be able to teach me how to use magic? I've been dying for some chocolate. Also...you seem crazy strong."

(Charlie nearly forgets about the intruders lol until she see DC 532)

"Oh, sorry, we have people to worry about, right? Do we need to get rid of them? Or do we want them to stay?"
JoYesterday at 10:28 PM

"Magic? Of course I can Charlie! Anything for you! :hearts:"
OODM It wasn't supposed to turn into an emote
"And... Chocolate? Well... what do you mean? If you mean if I can make chocolate from this air, I can't quite do that..."

"Is that an option? Having them stay? I mean you are the Dungeon Master... I never really thought about that. But... shouldn't we just kill them?"
"I want to kill them all!~ ☆"
akicheetoYesterday at 10:40 PM
"We'll get to the magic in a bit," Charlie grins before turning back to DC 532. "Okay so, killing is still what you want to do."

Charlie pulls up the dungeon menu to see what they can do.
JoYesterday at 10:41 PM

The moment you pulled out the dungeon menu, Dungeon Core 532 came over to you and seemed to wave her hands in front of you.  "Of course! I was born to kill humans! It's my job, you see, master? Its yours too!" She smiled ansolutely joyful and cheerily at you, that it was almost hard to fault her. She looked like she genuinely believed it to be her calling and seemed to be proud of it. "Looking at the menu again? We're at 2 DP left... We can get more, if we reabsorb the falling goblins. I can show you actually... Focus on each of the dead bodies on the map, those greyed out dots, and then just... withdraw them as if you were pulling something into the Master Room. But instead of the dead body, it'll turn back into DP!" The moment she mentioned the greyed out dots, only now you were able to see it. You also noticed that the grey dots had a slight greenish tinge to them, perhaps signifying that they were downed allied creatures. This was further proof that the menu continued to change depending on things you learned.
akicheetoYesterday at 10:54 PM
"Ooh, okay so...lets see if we can get some DP back."

(Charlie attempts to get more DP)

"Wait, do you see the green tint dots on the menu too? What does that mean?" Charlie looks to DC.
JoYesterday at 10:54 PM

"The dots that are still grey but kinda green? Those are our monsters that were killed. Just their bodies at least. When we kill an intruder, they become grey dots too, though slightly red." Whil she was explaining you began to attempt to withdraw all the dead bodies. Soon enough, the greyish-green dots disappeared, and your DP count went back up to 28.
You notice the four red dots of the intruders had been moving. They were currently in the hallway, making their way to the exit.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:01 PM
"Oh, hey it looks like they're leaving. Is that, um, a good thing? No right? Cause you want DP to make this place better?"
Charlie's eyebrows furrow and then she grins. "Hey, I want to shoot an arrow at them leaving as a joke."

(Charlie does the thing where she pokes partway out of the portal and aims an arrow to shoot)
JoYesterday at 11:04 PM

"Yes! My dungeon isn't big enough for intruders to stay for a long time. It takes a full hour for me to get the DP I would get it if they stayed around. But the invaders always kill all my goblins within 30 minutes at most! It's not fair! This time around I had so much DP too... Like I summoned 13 whole goblins, the hobgoblin, and a crystal golem but they're still leaving..." Dungeon Core 532 sighed. "So that only leaves it to killing... These intruders are super high level too, if we can kill them... We'd get so much DP!"
OODM: Call your target, also roll a 1d20+10 attack roll, with a 1d8 damage roll with your crossbow
Looking through the 'camera feed' of your dungeon. You could see the four intruders.
There was a black cat at the front. Followed by a blonde haired man. Next was another man with red hair who was the least armored. Lastly was an armored girl.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:09 PM
!roll 1d20+10
RPBotBOTYesterday at 11:09 PM
@akicheeto rolled 25. (15,   10)
JoYesterday at 11:09 PM
OODM: Who is your target btw?
akicheetoYesterday at 11:10 PM
(The blonde haired one)
JoYesterday at 11:11 PM
OODM: Roll damage!
akicheetoYesterday at 11:11 PM
!roll 1d8
RPBotBOTYesterday at 11:11 PM
@akicheeto rolled 3.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:12 PM
(Charlie immediately hides back in the Core after she takes the shot lol)
JoYesterday at 11:12 PM
You shot the bolt, and like before with the bandits, the blonde haired man turned around. He took the bolt directly on his back, but he didn't seem to flinch. He could take more of a beating than the bandits at the very least.
OODM: You don't need to hide back in all the way, you could like, poke the very tip of your crossbow, I assumed you were doing this. Likewise, you could just 'shoot' into the view screen, and your bolt would appear with all the momentum it had.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:17 PM
OOC: Oooh good to know. Charlie was just shooting a joke shot, she wasn't expecting anything to come from it
JoYesterday at 11:18 PM

"I can't see anything... Thyra?" The blonde man asked. The armored girl shook her head as well, though, she too drew her weapon.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:21 PM
Charlie looks at Adi as she glances at the menu with her list of attacks. "What's Shooting Star Beam? Does that do a lot of damage?"
JoYesterday at 11:22 PM

MysticsageYesterday at 11:22 PM
Amelia whipped around as the arrow hit Kurt, expecting to see a goblin and yet she knew that Nyx would have said if one had spawned. So something else must be going on. "Who the hell fired an arrow at you?!" she said exhaustion, surprise and confusion mixing into anger.

"That's just plain spiteful!" she yelled to the room "It doesn't even follow the damned themeing!" she said strangely even more insulted that they used an arrow for the final pot shot. As if the dungeon was trying to flip them off one final time and egg her on for a final fight.
https://pa1.narvii.com/5969/35812e71132eacd774f8aa58ef0ceb423a5f2b87_hq.gif

JoYesterday at 11:23 PM
"Yes! I waggle my wand a few times, then I say really loudly Shooting Star Beam! And a beam of stars come out of it! It's pretty powerful..."
akicheetoYesterday at 11:26 PM
Charlie looked at DC 532. "You had a theme going on? Should I have thrown a crystal at them instead? Wait do I even have such a thing on me? Is there a crystal arrow?"
"I probably don't even have money for it though..."
JoYesterday at 11:26 PM

"A theme? Well... I mean, I really really like goblins. But the others told me I should use more crystal things, so I sometimes kind of try?" Dungeon Core 532 shrugs.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:27 PM
"Well, I guess we should stay on brand...Hey, Adi, which of your abilities is most like a crystal attack?"
MEE6BOTYesterday at 11:27 PM
GG @akicheeto, you just advanced to level 3 !
JoYesterday at 11:28 PM

"Like a crystal? Well... I have something called 'Twinkling Comet'... It sparkles... kinda like a crystal? But it's really destructive too, it might damage the room. Do you want me to try it Charlie?"

The blonde haired man spoke to his companion. "Amelia? Dungeons normally don't respond back..."
MysticsageYesterday at 11:30 PM
"Fuck, that last one someone is trying to mess with us, and unfortunatly I can't Judo flip a dungeon. Be prepared, If they are willing to keep going they may have more tricks ready!" Amelia said seething at this point.
"Nyx if you feel anything drain that shit. If the dungeon can spawn dudes behind us without trap doors. It's sentient" she responded to kurt. "We may need to get ready for more cheep tricks."
JoYesterday at 11:32 PM
As you talked with Dungeon Core 532, the four intruders seemed to be talking to themselves.

The armored lady then spoke.

"Mayhaps twas a trap that was missed? Thy prince did hath told us that dungeons change... Mayhaps is it in the middle of one such thing?"
OODM: Charlie, if you're paying attention to their convo, I can repaste it in here
akicheetoYesterday at 11:33 PM
"Ah, no. I don't want to damage the room really. DC 532 put effort into this place, it'd be rude to ruin her hard work."

OOC: She's kind of listening
JoYesterday at 11:34 PM

"Well... You are the Dungeon Master, if you think it's a good idea... Plus it just takes DP to fix everything up again!"
OODM: Alright I'll paste in their conversation in here too
MysticsageYesterday at 11:37 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4429d3d8c8b8764755a5f3f35f62249b/tenor.gif?itemid=8606753

"No one takes cheep shots at my friends like that!" Amelia Seethed opening friends list. she sends a message to Thyra
JoYesterday at 11:38 PM

"The sentience of dungeons... It was theorized as such, though, no conclusive evidence had ever been found for it. Instead, we've been learning how to live and co-exist with them. They provide a constant source of monsters, loot, and treasures for adventurers. I'm not fully convinced of their sentience... More that it's simply a part of how they exist. In the same way perhaps animals would feed, dungeons like these create monsters." The blonde haired man replied.

Surprisingly, the cat began to talk. "For a brief moment I felt mana from where the bolt came from."
akicheetoYesterday at 11:41 PM
As Charlie listens, she nods at this new knowledge. She turns to DC 532, "I didn't realize all dungeons aren't sentient. Are Dungeon Cores like you rare?"

Charlie's eyes zoom in on the cat, "It...it spoke!"
JoYesterday at 11:42 PM
You see the armored lady nodding, though no one had spoken to her.

"Um.... Actually all dungeons are sentient? I'm sentient. And the others are too! Humans don't know much. They are really good for DP though... So..." Her eyes sparkled.
"Are we going to let this pink girl blow them up with... umm... Comet something?"

"Twinkling Comet!"

"Amelia... We should hurry out of here. There's too many strange things happening in the dungeon. The Guild should know."
MysticsageYesterday at 11:45 PM
"I'll help you track it." Amelia siad focusing her rage like a spear. "This is not one of those games where we beat the boss for there to be a second stage, I came her to see if I could talk to the dungeon core, and clear the monsters. Now it decides posion traps aren't enough but thagt its gonna take pot shots at us."
akicheetoYesterday at 11:46 PM
"Oh, I feel like if I told anyone they would think I'm crazy..."

Charlie looks at Adi, "I know you only do what I say but, what do you think about casting Twinkling Comet? In this dungeon? Too much? I kind of just want to see what will happen, honestly."
JoYesterday at 11:46 PM

"Well... I could... But it's a comet? I have a power to know what you know, so I know that you know that comets are really big."
"It would impact at full velocity where-ever you want... There would be a crator if you were okay with that!"
MysticsageYesterday at 11:48 PM
Amelia nods seeing Kurt's reaction, "Lets keep moving and keep our senses open for more attacks. I didn't realize the dugeon would have buggy I frames like a bethesda game." "
JoYesterday at 11:49 PM

"Oh master, check the map... They're escaping! Pink girl! Do you thing!" Dungeon Core 532 begged. "Quick!"

"I have to agree with your prince, Amelia... The exit is near, we should hurry on." With that the cat began heading his way south as well.
akicheetoYesterday at 11:51 PM
"Oh, you mean- a legit comet, I thought that was just a fancy name for the spell. No, let's not cast that- Wait did she just say Bethesda game?"

Charlie looks between the two expectantly. "Is Bethesda a place here?"
JoYesterday at 11:51 PM

Dungeon Core 532 tilted her head.

Adi did too.
Adi spoke first. "I only know what you know... Not about this world. I have no idea if Bethesda is a place here."

MysticsageYesterday at 11:52 PM
"For now discretion may be the better part of valor." Amelia said eagle eyed but following head on a swivel
https://cdn.myanimelist.net/s/common/uploaded_files/1460140429-d60a2b5a534becb71153db8eaaaf4e14.gif

JoYesterday at 11:52 PM
"Ahh.... I don't really pay attention to the human places? I just kill them... Or try to anyways."

"No... No..." Dungeon Core 532 looked at her menu sadly. "They're getting away..."
"I've... never had anyone that high level in the dungeon before...! And they're getting away!"
akicheetoYesterday at 11:53 PM
"Yeah, I figured asking you would be useless, DC. Don't worry about it. I just...didn't expect to hear something like that from anyone from this world."
JoYesterday at 11:53 PM
She turned towards you.
"Beth... dah? This is more important... You need to stop them, this is the last chance we'd get so much DP!"

"Bethesda, Ms. Dungeon Core..." Adi corrected. "It's a game development company in her world."
OODM: The intruders will be leaving the cavern in another 2 more rounds at their pace of a hustle
akicheetoYesterday at 11:57 PM
"Oh wow, you literally do know what I know. Wait, then why did you keep calling me Master when I kept asking you not to? You know how wrong it sounds to me cause you know what I know right? Or is that just part of your rules?" Charlie gets terribly side tracked easily.

At DC 532's insistence, she looks at the retreating group.

"Wait, you really want Adi to attack them? You see how crazy that guy is right?" Charlie points at the one that's been very vocal about everything.
JoYesterday at 11:57 PM

Adi puffed up her cheeks. "Well, being summoned from the cash shop has me treat you a certain way!" She pouted a bit. "I know it was weird for you, but it was just a sign of affection..."
MysticsageToday at 12:00 AM
Amelia with her friends list still opens sees if anything changes while they are fleeing if any names have appeared which  she doubts
JoToday at 12:00 AM
"And yeah... that guy is a little crazy."
OODM: I'll have the resolution for that in your thread Mystic, since on Charlie's end, all she would see is you saying 'Friend's List'
The red haired man, the one who said 'Bethesda' then said 'Friend's List' outloud.
akicheetoToday at 12:02 AM
OOC: Sorry I'm confused, who said Bethesda? XD
JoToday at 12:02 AM
OODM: Amelia, is actually a red-haired man
akicheetoToday at 12:03 AM
OOC: Oh my bad, I was going off of the gifs lol
JoToday at 12:03 AM

Dungeon Core 532 sighed. At this point the four intruders finally made it out of the cavern. The sphere of influence of the dungeon itself only reached to the entrance of the cave.
OODM: Feel free to roll a Perception if you notice anything off about his screaming earlier though
akicheetoToday at 12:07 AM
!roll 1d20+10
RPBotBOTToday at 12:07 AM
@akicheeto rolled 30. (20,   10)
akicheetoToday at 12:08 AM
OOC: Heh
JoToday at 12:10 AM
How the man screamed was very feminine-like. His voice sounded feminine in the first place, though. But it was then that you realized that the red-haired man, might not have been a man at all. You also noticed that the man had been wearing heavy clothes, having seen his face, it was more feminine than a normal man's