[Charlene] Chapter 4: A New World

Started by Throndir, December 09, 2018, 04:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"It's okay Charlie!" Adi explained. "Even if you ask me to take all my clothes off, I can always get more clothes!" She said cheerily.

The older gentlemen seemed to raise an eyebrow.

"Well... If it's only your clothing... 10 mithril pieces then? I would have very much like to see how the young lady's clothing is like... How about I raise the price to 22 mithril coins?"

Throndir

"How can you get more clothes? Like, can you make it?" Charlie asks Adi with a raised eyebrow.

Throndir

"Well..." Adi thought for a moment. "Yes and no at the same time!" She finally exclaimed.

The older man perked up his ears as Adi continued with her explanation.

"Did you get a chance to read the fine print when buying me? It's not really advertised well in the store... But if I lose my clothing, or anything I have on me, we can pay a small fee to get it all back as good as new, just like how it was before! I just need to lose or drop something, then you can open the store and have it be reset! It's a really nifty feature. It's all the benefits of being your servant!"

Throndir

Charlie crosses her arms and nods as if that makes total sense. She looks at the gentleman instead.

"I would like to exchange my clothes. What do you have that seems of, uh todays fashion?"

QuoteCharlie is basically looking for maybe a hoodied tunic, a shirt, some trousers, and maybe boots that'll let her blend in but be comfortable and warm. And maybe also an jacket of some sort

Throndir

"Very well then, here's 10 mithril pieces... Go ahead and choose whatever you'd like. There's a changing room at the back."

QuoteThe clothing you get from the store are on the higher end in terms of quality of what you saw most commoners wearing. However, you should be able to find a set that works with what you were aiming for.

I've added 10 mithril coins to your inventory.

Throndir

QuoteShe also tries to find robes or something to fit in as best as she can.

Charlie turns to Adi and gestures to the outfit. ""What do you think?"

Throndir

"It's absolutely beautiful on you Ms. Charlie who owns me!" She said as she admired your clothes even though it was on the plainer side.

"But umm... I saw these too! Do you think he'd let us take both?" Adi said as she presented a purple dress-like outfit. The price tag on it was on the higher end. "I think this will look absolutely cute on you, too! I'd love to see you in it!"

Throndir

Charlie sighs and casts a weary glance around them and leans closer towards Adi. "I command you to stop calling me master and ever mentioning that I own you. Please."

Charlie waits to see if Adi understands. She pats Adi's head and leans back. "I think I might pass on the purple dress. One outfit should be okay for me."

Throndir

There was a glow around Adi for a moment, and her eyes glazed over momentarily. After that the glow vanished, and she seemed to be grinning once again.

"Okay Charlie!" She said. Once you patted her head, she let out a pout as her face had a look of abject sadness. "But it's so cute..." Adi said as she unfolded the dress and raised it in front of her, overlaying the dress on top of what she saw of you, as if imagining what it looked like.

Throndir

At that very moment, you heard a familiar voice in your head.

"Emergency! Emerrrrrgencyyyyyy!~ ☆" It was Dungeon Core 532's voice.

"Master! Master! Two really strong people, an animal, and one normie entered the dungeon!" The voice on the other side was panicking. "I don't know what to do! I'm going to summon defenders! Okay? Okay!" Her voice then became slightly tinged with bloodlust.

"I want to kill them all!~ ☆"

akicheeto

Charlie rubs her head and frowns at the voice shouting. Well that was unexpected.

"I'll take this outfit. How much?" Charlie asks, looking at the gentleman.

QuoteCharlie tries to quickly pay, without being too rude she hopes and leaves, heading back to the cave. She also tries to contact Core 532 and see what else she can help with.

Throndir

"For free." The gentleman said as he examined the clothing you provided him. "Now... if you happen to come across any other fascinating clothes such as this, please do stop by... And if you ever decide to sell your companion's clothing... I'd very much like to buy it as well."

You begin your journey back towards the dungeon. You took off at a sprint, but you knew it would take perhaps another 10 minutes until you were back. You hear Dungeon Core 532 in your head.

"Master master! The animal is kinda strong too! And this weird thing happened, and my goblin just fell down unconscious... They're still in the first room though!"

Throndir

You started rushing through the streets, Adi followed behind you, she was able to catch up easily, and you noticed she wasn't getting out of breath either.

"Master! I got one of them good! ☆ The crystal spear went woooooosh! I hope they all get impaled!" Dungeon Core 532 said vibrantly, which was strange considering the words coming out of her mouth.

Throndir

You continued to sprint, you were outside the city now, making your way full throttle back towards your dungeon. The guards at the gate looked at you strangely, but chose to pay no mind. One of them did call out 'safe travels!'. You could hear Dungeon Core 532 describing things as you ran, with Adi following closely behind.

"Oh no! They killed all the goblins in the next room too... I thought I had them when I put more behind them. Master, when you're here, I'd really like you to kill them for me? Pretty please? ☆ They're looked around the second room a bit, but they're headed towards the last one... Hehe... I hope this gets them."

A few moments later and Dungeon Core 532 cheered.

"They saw the trap! But they failed to disable it... Oh, they're stuck in that hallway now with it filling up with the crystal gas!"

Throndir

"Master!" You could hear Dungeon Core 532 sighing. "One of the super strong ones lifted the crystal door up. And I thought the goblins I put up front could kill them! Are you almost here?"

Up ahead you see the bend in the road that would soon lead you to your dungeon. Soon enough, you made it to the entrance of your dungeon.