[Rosalie] Chapter 5: Little Sister's Demand

Started by Throndir, December 08, 2018, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Rosalie smiled as she thought of a plan that would likely keep the girl at home. "Alright, first things first. If you want to go with us, like I said you need to prove you're strong. So you need to go and beat Hertha in a fight. We will be watching so you can't just walk around for an hour and come back and say that she has been defeated."

Throndir

Alyona agreed, and Valeriya, seeing that the rest were going along with it, decided to tag along. Eventually you made it to the training ground, and already Hertha was practicing some swings of her own. She was surprisingly quick and fast, when she noticed you, she called out.

"Hero! Tis a fine morning today, won't thee agree? And a morning to thee too, Valeriya... And... thine sister, correct?" Hertha asked.

"Yes... This is Alyona... And Alyona, meet Hertha." Valeriya said, introducing the two.

"But prithee hero... For tis good tidings that you hath decided to come hither." She pointed towards a sword in a metallic bucket. It was burning bright in flames, though the metal itself was simply glowing orange and red. You could tell that it was hot.

"Tis thy sword... You hath left it hither when thou went to the ceremony... Which, I shalt congratulate thee on choosing Valeriya. Tis a fine choice. But... Thy training weapon? Tis still in flames..." She looked carefully at you.

"Prithee tell me... Thy imbuement spell lasts this long? Prithee tell me... what hath thou done?"

Oath

Rosalie looked upon the sword in awe. It had been a day. "You know, I can't say how long it lasts. All I know is that I have an ability called enchant. It looks like it allows me to make a weapon imbued with some sort of magical property. I haven't had a chance to test too much of since I haven't been here for long but it looks like a skill that will be very useful. Do you have any insight, Hertha?  Also, we are here to have Alyona battle you to prove her strength to us. Think you could arrange that?

Throndir

"Enchant? Tis unfortunate news that no, I hath not heard that afore this." Hertha said, but she glanced at the sword again.

"Depending on the spell, an enchantment usually lasts mayhaps half an hour, and at most a few hours. Though, of course tis a general case, and not always truth. But... Tis been o'er a half day, and thy sword burns ever brightly still. In all mine years... I hath not seen anything such as this, save for legendary weapons, or those magic weapons from the ancient times..." She shook her head.

"Alyona, t'would like to test thy strength?" Hertha asked studying the little girl. "Thou art a dragon, but save for Valeriya, most dragons taking the ceremony ritual art young, much like thineself... Tis true that thy race have powerful abilities, and natural gifts to magic, sight, and pure strength... Very well then. Use thy dragon form."

With that Alyona transformed. However, she wasn't as large as Valeriya at all. She was roughly bigger than a horse, but nowhere near Valeriya's size.

"Around this age is when they start having a growth spurt... Unfortunately Alyona has been the runt all her life, so she might seem a bit smaller than her peers."

"Hmm, tis an understatement... Thou art partaking of the ceremony the year after? Why does thou want to prove thyself?"

"I need to prove my strength!" Alyona responded immediately, switching back to her human form.

"But why?"

"So I can go with my sister..." Alyona said.

Hertha smiled. She neared the little dragon girl then, and placed a hand on her cheek, then her shoulder.

"For thine family then. Tis a noble thing. The Valkyrie hath a saying... 'The ends of mine sword, starts with the strength of mine family'. That means... that true strength comes from here." Hertha said, placing a hand on Alyona's chest. "Thine heart. And thine heart for thy family."

Hertha stood up again, then looked towards you to confirm.

"Tis a true fight then? I shalt not hold back, though, I shalt be using wooden blades for this. Doth thou agreeth with me?"

Oath

"I feel like if you hold back it would defeat the purpose of this mission for Alyona. I look forward to seeing her strength, and more of your combat ability as well Hertha." Rosalie was surprised to see that Alyona was such a small dragon, but as she knew it was wrong to judge anything by its appearance alone. Perhaps she contained great strength in that small frame.

Throndir

"Very well then hero." She then made her way to one end of the arena.

"Alyona! Art thy prepared?" Hertha asked as she drew her blade. In response Alyona transformed herself into a dragon.

QuoteWe can try adding some cheering mechanics in if you'd like one side to win over the other, otherwise I'll go ahead and try to get this fight resolved within 2 days.

[blockquote]Alyona Initiative 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Initiative 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24[/blockquote]

Throndir

Hertha grinned.

"Hereth I come!" Hertha announced, all of a sudden, you felt what a slight pressure in the air. It felt like it came from Hertha herself, and even Valeriya noticed.

"She really is going all out huh..."

"Spirits of mine ancestors, and souls of mine forebears be with me." A red wind started to envelop Hertha as well.

In that same moment, Alyona released electricity from her mouth.

[blockquote]Alyona Dragon Breath 6d6 : 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 6, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Agilty 1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28[/blockquote]

Throndir

Hertha managed to evade, though some of the electricity still singed her.

A moment after that, Hertha vanished in sight. Appearing right behind Alyona, she unleashed two strikes then.

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 9
Hertha Current KP: 10[/include]

[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 1d20+15 : 2 + 15, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 Dmg 2d6+6 : 3, 4 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 Dmg 2d6+6 : 5, 2 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]

Throndir

Round 2b
Hertha's aim was slightly off and bounced off Alyona's armor. Alyona panicked, then attempted to take flight. Seeing the opportunity, Hertha struck out again.

[blockquote]Hertha AoO 1d20+15 : 5 + 15, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha AoO Dmg 2d6+6 : 6, 3 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]

Throndir

Round 2c
Alyona's hide was too thick yet again, and it bounced off. Flying high above, Alyona released a bolt of electricity.

[blockquote]Alyona lightning 1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 6, 2, 3, 3, 4, total 18[/blockquote]

Throndir

Round 3
The lightning struck Hertha, as she was singed.

Hertha began chanting then.

"Leir! Protect thy servant from the storms. Earth Cloak!" A cloak made out of stone manifested themselves upon her, the rocks and stones from the ground she stood on suddenly shooting upwards, then connecting to each other, forming a solid piece. Surprisingly it seemed to still sway.

She then focused on her weapon, and red winds started to surround it as well.

QuoteRough Status
Hertha: Affected by red wind surrounding her, Affected by Earth Cloak, Affected by red wind surrounding weapon, Affected by Limit Release 1

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 27
Hertha Current KP: 11[/include]

Alyona followed up with another blast of lightning.

[blockquote]Lightning 1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 3, 4, 5, 3, 1, total 16[/blockquote]

Throndir

Round 3a
The next powerful blast of lightning came, it managed to hit Hertha once again.

QuoteRough Status
Hertha: Affected by red wind surrounding her, Affected by Earth Cloak, Affected by red wind surrounding weapon, Affected by Limit Release 1

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 43
Hertha Current KP: 11[/include]

Round 4
Hertha then seemed to do something impossible, she managed to jump into the air, her feet touching something solid, or at the very least, she seemed to be instantly disappearing upwards into the air, closing the gap to Alyona. She once suddenly in front of Alyona, while still in mid-air, Alyona released an attack.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 10 + 17, total 27[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+9 : 4, 5 + 9, total 18[/blockquote]

QuoteRough Status

Hertha Current KP: 9[/include]

Throndir

Round 4a
Hertha's attack struck Alyona, though, since it was blunt and non-lethal, it only smacked her hard.

QuoteRough Status
Alyona:

Hertha Current KP: 10 (increases by 2 per turn)
Alyona Dmg Taken: 18[/include]

Alyona attempted to respond by biting, clawing, using her wings to buffet Hertha in midair, and finally using her tail.

[blockquote]Bite 1d20+15 : 17 + 15, total 32[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Bite Dmg 2d6+7 : 3, 3 + 7, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Claw 1d20+14 : 6 + 14, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Claw Dmg 1d8+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Claw 1d20+14 : 12 + 14, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Claw Dmg 1d8+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Wing 1d20+12 : 18 + 12, total 30[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Wing Dmg 1d6+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Wing 1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Wing Dmg 1d6+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Tail 1d20+12 : 12 + 12, total 24[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Tail Dmg 1d8+7 : 5 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]

Throndir

Round 4b
Hertha's attack struck Alyona, though, since it was blunt and non-lethal, it only smacked her hard.

QuoteRough Status
Alyona:

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 84
Hertha Current KP: 10 (increases by 2 per turn)

Round 5
Hertha seemed to stay afloat in mid air, seemingly teleporting. She swung twice then, but not before feeling another intensity of fighting spirit from Hertha.

QuoteRough Status
Hertha: Affected by red wind surrounding her, Affected by Earth Cloak, Affected by red wind surrounding weapon, Affected by Limit Release 2
Alyona:

[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 1d20+18 : 19 + 18, total 37[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 Dmg 2d6+11 : 5, 4 + 11, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 1d20+13 : 4 + 13, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 Dmg 2d6+11 : 6, 5 + 11, total 22[/blockquote]

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 84
Hertha Current KP: 11 (increases by 3 per turn)

Throndir

[blockquote]Hertha Crit Confirm 1d20+18 : 13 + 18, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Crit Confirm Dmg 2d6+11 : 2, 1 + 11, total 14[/blockquote]