[Amelia] Chapter 8.5: Day 4 - Gardening and Garbage Day

Started by Mysticsage, November 28, 2018, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

As the old saying goes a clean bad is a clean mind. Or at least that was a saying that Amelia came up with when she found an old lunch in her bag. Throwing out what was already to far gone however made her think about the food she had been eating and how it would be nice to have the flavors of home again. Then a thought hit her. Why not use what she had here to try and grow what she could and see if that works.

[info]step one salvaging seeds

Will attempt to use nyx's physical healing powers on the fruit as a help +2 to a check probably survival to collect a few cherry, grape, wheat, apple seeds
From the remains[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]requested survival check

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Pulling the fruits out, you began to cut them, then pull the seeds out. They were about 4 days old in your bag, but they were still edible at least. The grapes were a bit squashed and some were open, but you still managed to successfully pull the seeds out. You were a bit messy, so the fruits themselves were damaged more in the attempt.

Nyx had eventually came up, and coaxing him to use his ability, he attempted to use 'Restore' on the seeds. However, nothing apparent happened.

"Restore didn't seem to work..." Nyx said. "I'm seeing a message 'Not a valid target'."

Mysticsage

"The more we learn the better prepared we'll be in the future." Amelia smiles before rinsing off the juices in a close by basin of water. She will then rinse off the seeds as well and put that back in her boxed lunch throwing away the trash and keeping the rest in her bag.

[info]Amelia will ask Matilda if there is a royal gardener that she can talk about planting and care.[/info]

Throndir

"There is one thing I want to try though, before you throw the rest of the fruits away." Nyx said, he stared at the lump of a grape, the one that had already been de-seeded.

"Restore!" At that moment, the grape started to close up and heal, it was back to being a pristine fruit.

"We have a gardener! Let me bring you to him... He takes care of the gardens around the castle, along with the parks. But he does have a team of gardeners working for him. I saw him earlier..."

Soon enough, the two of you began searching the castle grounds, and finally you had found him.

"Princess Matilda... and...?" He said looked at you curiously.

Mysticsage

"Hello, my name is Amelia. Nice to meet you mr.-?"

"I was hoping to talk to you about seeds. I happen to have brought some with me from home that I was hoping we might manage to grow. Would you be willing to talk over the specifics with me?"

[info]
Amelia will discuss the different plants and what she knows about what it takes to grow them.
[/info]

Throndir

"Amelia... That's a... umm... a pretty name." He stammered, you could tell there was a slight blush on his features, but he shook himself out of it. "I'm Goddard... The castle's gardener."

"His father was our previous gardener, but... Goddard here has always liked it. He's a bit young to take the place of head gardener, but he sure does know his stuff!"

"Seeds from your home? Well, let me see... Where did you say you were from?"

Mysticsage

"it's very nice to meet you, Goddard. I am from a faraway land and I brought along a little bit of food that we can use to harvest seeds and try to grow them." Amelia smiled warmly.

"I brought some fruits with me that we can use and with enough time we should hopefully manage to grow them." She will slowly give him each set of seeds.

[info]Will give him
Apple seeds
Tomato seeds
Cherry Seeds
wheat seeds
potato wedges

Will task him with trying to get them to sprout. If they do or if he starts to have trouble to come and get her.
[/info]

Throndir

QuotePlease add these entries to your calendar when you get a chance:
Apple seed sprouting: 2 weeks from this day
Tomato seed sprouting: 7 days
Cherry seed sprouting: 130 days
Wheat: 8 days
Potato: 21 days

Goddard gently smiled as he took a look at the items you gave him.

"I don't recognize what kinds of seeds the first three are..." He said as he pointed towards the apple, tomato. and cherry seeds. "However, these last two, the first one is wheat, and the second one are potatoes. I can try getting them to germinate for you, though..."

"Seeds can vary for their germination time... Sometimes it takes a day, and sometimes it can take months... If they do sprout... Where can I find you?"

Mysticsage

"I live in the castle," Amelia says while putting a hand on his shoulder smiling. "just look for me ask Matilda here or follow the small black animal that is roaming the halls he'll lead you to my room."

"I also have two other plants for you but they've been cooked past the point of being useful. I need to figure out a magic way to fix them."

"please take your time with them since I don't have more."
She sticks her hands in her pockets again and realizes she forgot something.

"oh here is one more type." She said blushing as she hands him grape seeds

[info]I forgot about the grape seeds lol[/info]

Throndir

"A small black animal... I heard some of the maids talking about that earlier. But very well... Miss Amelia."

He said, as he too blushed and took the grape seeds from your hands.

[info]Goddard would recognize grape seeds as well, due to vineyards and wine production. Sprouting will take minimum 180 days.[/info]

Mysticsage

"please, just Amelia is fine." she smiled once again.

[info]can be closed off[/info]