[Fred] Chapter 5: A Change of Leadership

Started by Throndir, September 25, 2018, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The moment the earthen tomb appeared from the ground, Gu Bai's eyes widened in alarm, though she must have reacted too slowly as she was easily captured.

"N-no...! I c-can explain...!" Gu Bai called out immediately. Lai Fen, who had known you were looking for traitors in the group, was the first one to make it to your side. Her stare was chilly. The rest of the Dark Ravens who were around the area looked towards the rest of you.

"What's happening?" A couple of them called out, the memory of Lei Lingxin turning out to be a Red-Hand spy, named Mo Ruogang, still fresh in their memories.

QuoteColor change for Gu Bai, as orange was too similar to another one of your NPCs.

Linwelin

"I figured out something new with the ability that let me pick out Mo Ruogang, and wanted to check everyone else to be sure there were no others. I didn't think there would be more, but surprisingly Gu Bai has contact with them." Fred said tersely, trying not to give out too much info in front of a spy. "Can someone quickly check her mouth for poison? No matter who she's allied with, like Ruogang, I don't like seeing senseless death."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

One of the Dark Ravens started to go up to the girl.

"N-no...! I wouldn't poison myself... I wouldn't poison anyone... You have the wrong person... You have the wrong person..! I'm not- mmph mmm-" Gu Bai's voice as muffled as one of the Dark Ravens, one of the followers of Wen Chaoxiang, a boy about 18 years of age , roughly opened the girls mouth, and forcing it open looked around.

"Can't find the poison yet boss. Not in the usual place anyways. We can gag her though." He suggested. It was Jed who looked to be the most shocked of all.

"Oh honey... Not you too..." Jed grimaced. "First Ling, and now you?"

"Mmm mm mhhh mmf!"

Linwelin

"Wait wait wait, don't gag her. She seems eager to explain herself." Fred leans down and removes the gag. "Sorry, Gu Bai. We're on high alert with the whole spy thing. I'm not trying to suppress you, just restrain until I figure out what's going on. Why does my ability tell me that you're a spy? What's the situation that you want to explain?"

Fred trusted that there was no poison this time around, with both Gu Bai's assurance and his ally's initial search for poison. His gut told him he may be pushing himself too far and needed to stop here.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The Dark Raven took out the gag, and immediately Gu Bai started to explain.

"I'm sorry Fen..." Gu Bai started, but Lai Fen held her hand out.

"Bai, no lying." Lai Fen said, her voice having an edge to it. Gu Bai nodded her head in response.

"The truth is I am from the Red-Hand... and I was sent here to report on your activities..." Gu Bai explained. Lai Fen only raised her eyebrow.

"How does this help? The hero Fred already figured this out."

"N-no.. I mean... I like being part of here, more, it's... nicer... A-and... I only reported information at the minimum I could..."

Linwelin

Fred took a moment to compare Ruogang to Bai. Sure, both were spies, but one had actually intended to be aggressive, while the other was open to questions and explanation even before restraint. Not to mention, her 'titles' were a lot less threatening.

"...Alright, I believe you, Bai. After all, I'm not trying to aggressively hunt down people, I just want to protect my new family." Fred motioned to the Earth Tomb to release the spell, and helping her up. "I'd just like to know what the Red Hand's goal is right now, and what kind of people we're dealing with. If you can tell us that, as well as the kind of info they know about us, I'll let the past be the past, and work to keep you safe from whatever they'll try doing to you. Deal?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Requested Diplomacy Roll:  1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Notifications appeared in your view.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『The Charismatic』
You have gained +1 CHA
You have gained a new title 『Diplomatic』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]
Once she was released, Gu Bai looked nervously between Lai Fen and you. Eventually she spoke. "W-well... I came to join the Dark Ravens about four years ago... I would report to the Red-Hand once a month about the actions the Dark Ravens were doing. I never knew they sent a second spy to keep watch on things... But I never gave them anything too sensitive! Well... that is... after I got to know everyone a bit more."

"I knew I couldn't just stop giving information, otherwise the Red-Hand would probably send someone to kill me, so..." She glanced worriedly at Lai Fen. "I've been feeding information, just little things here and there... Like nobles or corrupt merchants we would go after, after we kill them."

"And their goal right now? I'm not sure... the emperor had ties with them and used them often. But with his death, I'm not sure what the rest of the Red-Hand are planning. But as for our hideouts... They know plenty of them at least... At least I think they do."

Linwelin

Fred nodded along, then froze at the part where she said they'd kill her if she failed to report. "Does the Red Hand have so much hatred for us that they'd kill former comrades over information? Or is that normal? That's madness to me, if it is." Fred had to hold back his disgust. Are humans so malevolent and careless about life? It's such a waste.

"Well then that means we can't let them figure out that you're found out. Once we're out of this crisis, until we can guarantee protection, we'll create bait information you can report on. It'll cost us some supplies, but I would consider it worthwhile. Fred clasps Gu Bai's shoulder, "Thank you for your honesty."

Fred then turns to address the rest of the group, "For now, I think it's best that we flee into the tunnels and find a defensible location, maybe with an exit to one of the lesser known locations. The kinds of places you all hardly use or talk about. If you're this well organized as far as bases, then there has to be a good escape route in there, right?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_