[Fred] Chapter 3: Escape

Started by Throndir, August 19, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

There was a sound of an explosion at that point. With shrieking and yelling somewhere outside. A few moments later, one of the members from the Dark Ravens appeared from the rooms entrance. He had a wound on his shoulder.

"It's the Heavenly Dragon sect!" The Dark Raven member announced loudly. "It looks like they were lying in wait for us... The moment we released the captives, they ambushed us. A few of us were killed on the spot. Something exploded, and I ran back up here... Lai Fen, Lai Ju, we need to plan for your escape."

Lai Fen's brow furrowed at the news, knowing full well what might have helped cause the commotion.

"I'm sorry Fred... But know this, I do not regret killing that man." She pointed at the emperor's body on the floor.

"The rest are trying to hold them off... But we can't lose you to this, you must flee."

"Tell the others to try to escape. Let's meet up at our last outpost." She turned towards you. "Fred, come with us."

You noticed that she didn't phrase it as a question, but rather as a command.

Linwelin

"Already here, huh? This place is crazy." Fred raised his eyebrows, before Lai Fen pointed out the naked emperor corpse on the floor. "You better not, did you see how much everyone agreed? All the hands? Even some of the GUARDS thought so. He had it coming. Now let's go before we get what's coming to us." Fred then goaded them both on, his instincts telling him not to pause at all.

"Lead the way!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Lai Ju began leading the way at that point, heading out to one of the windows that overlooked the city. She then began to pull out a variety of things, a long rope, along with what was a grappling hook. With that she began tying it in various places, and finally after doing that she secured it in place near the window, then let the end drop down. Each of the knots she made acted as a sort of stepping brace.

"Lai Fen, are you coming?" She asked, turning around.

"Yeah... One sec." Lai Fen was standing atop the child. The previous Dark Ravens member who had once been tending to her had already left some moments ago. "Hey kid. You're probably not listening, but this isn't a safe place even for you. With your father dead, you're just a liability, or a threat to whoever takes the empire next. When the rest of my Dark Ravens disperse, and this building remains unguarded... The people with swords coming in through that door will not be your friend."

The child continued to quietly sob however, trying to ignore her. The sounds of fighting was getting louder and louder for each second spent.

"Damn it, you're going to thank me later." With that, Lai Fen scooped up the child, and tossed her on her shoulder, even as the child began screaming.

Linwelin

Fred cocked his head sideways when he hears Lai Ju's question. "Hmm?" He was glad that Lai Fen was talking with the kid, even if it was one-sided. But they needed to hurry, or else they wouldn't make it is time...!

And then she picked up the child.

Fred looked from her, to the window,.then back again. "Lai Fen, you can't possibly...out the window? Do you realize how high up we are? Forget the part where you're basically taking a royal child, you think you can get away scaling down this building with a squirming child taking up an arm?" Fred was baffled. He understood the desire for the act, but not where the will to do it came from. As far as he could tell it was a horrible idea.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Lai Ju proceeded down the hastily made rope-ladder first. She was well-practiced at the motion. Lai Fen, on the other hand, grinned at you, but she chose not to answer. Instead, she pulled out a long blade.

"You know how to use dao?" She then tossed it to you.

With that, though the young girl was still crying loudly and trying to make a fuss, Lai Fen managed to surprisingly keep a tight hold on her. With one arm and hand held tightly on the kid on her shoulder, she began stepping down the rope ladder. The kid however, would not relent.

"Oh no! Lai Ju! You better keep an eye up, because I might just accidentally drop the kid, because she keeps moving around!"

"The more she moves, the more I might just let the kid slip."

Needless to say, that shut the kid up.
QuoteRoll Climb, DC 5, upon failure, a round is wasted, and you need to retry. The palace tower you are in right now is on the 6th floor. With a roofing on top of the 1st floor. There is 50 ft. of climbing downwards to do. It'll take 7 rounds to get to the bottom.

Linwelin

Fred catches the blade with panic. After all, he'd just seen one used. "I...have no idea? You just swing the sharp side, right?" Fred gives it a few practice swings, trying his best to mimic what he'd seen earlier while waiting for his turn down the rope. "Wait, where do I even tuck this thing while I climb!? Hey, don't just climb out! Advice first! Ugh." Fred does his best to tuck the blade in a secure fashion.

At least she's somewhat back to a normal temperament. He internally sighs.

Once secure, Fred begins following after them. Having been much higher in the sky before, Fred wasn't exceptionally nervous. That was until he realized one thing. Wait...humans can't even fly! Meaning I can't fly! This is crazy! But with the hoard of warriors coming up behind him, he quickly resigned himself, and stepped out to the rope.

[info][blockquote]Climb:  1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Not bad Fred." The sounds of battle continued to get louder and louder. All of a sudden, the clashes of swords stopped, and you heard some yelling.

QuotePerception Requested
Stealth Requested
Also roll Climb 6 more times.

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 1:  1d20+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 2:  1d20+3 : 17 + 3, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 3:  1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 4:  1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 5:  1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Climb 6:  1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Perception: 9, Stealth: 19
You had no idea what was happening above. But you managed to make it down safely and quietly.[/info]You can see where the explosion from earlier triggered, there were a couple of dead bodies in front of the building that you were just in. There were still sounds of battle as well, though you couldn't quite tell where they were coming from. Fires from that previous explosion seem to already be spreading. However, you noticed too that there were fires in other areas, as if arsonists had begun settings things ablaze.

Just then another explosion occurred somewhat closer to you.

"We must be quick. Lai Fen, think you can sprint carrying her?" Lai Ju asked.

"Maybe. I hope you're proficient at jumping over rooftops, Fred." Was Lai Fen's simple response.

"He is the Summoned Hero... I believe in him. We have to hurry though." With that Lai Ju lead the way.

QuoteLai Ju is leading the way, requesting Stealth and Perception for each step.

Linwelin

Fred is momentarily hesitant. "I don't know...I'd be a lot more comfortable flying. But I guess there's no choice, huh? You're sure they're not watching rooftops? After all, they know that we're the targets, right?"

Fred quickly realized that they don't have time to second guess, preparing himself before rushing after the two girls.

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+12 : 3 + 12, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Pre-emptive Acrobatics:  1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Jumping from roof to roof, there were sounds of battle seemingly everywhere. There were sounds of yelling as well, along with people crying and wailing. Unfortunately, you had no clue where they were exactly coming from. You were too busy trying to stay close to both of the Dark Ravens members, both staying quiet and keeping up. They themselves moved swiftly, and kept absolutely quiet. At the very least, more so than you were able to. But there was one thing you had them beat on this first leg of the journey, anytime it came to obstacles in your path, perhaps a chimney, another floor, or even across a wide chasm, you handled it with true grace. In some of the leaps, it almost seemed as if you were simply flying.

"As expected of the hero."

"Well... I thought you were pretty clumsy at first..."

However, during the last jump, one of the men fighting caught sight of the group.

"There! On the roof!" Immediately, a barrage of arrows was shot forth.

QuoteAgility requested.

Linwelin

"I AM clumsy!" Fred exclaimed in what was almost a whine. "I'm still figuring out how to use this body properly after the summoning. But I'm VERY familiar with being in the air!"

It was then that the arrows began streaming toward the group. "Eish!" Fred exclaimed in shock as he tried to maneuver around the projectiles.

[info] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Agility:  1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[okay]You have gained a new title『The Graceful』
You have gained +1 DEX[/okay]As the arrows came flying in, you were literally dodging every single one of them. Such was the sight of Fred, as he jumped and twisted just so, avoiding every single projectile. With the moon high up in the night sky framing as the backdrop, the picture was almost perfect.

"Clumsy, eh? Could have fooled me..."

"As expected of the hero..."

Even the little kid stopped pouting to watch the sight that was Fred.

QuoteAnother Perception, Stealth, and Acrobatics!

Linwelin

"As I was saying, only in the air..." Fred stated as he landed carefully nearby. "Now stop staring and keep running!"

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+13 : 5 + 13, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics:  1d20+13 : 10 + 13, total 23[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As you continued to jump over obstacles and through rooftops. Voices called out again.

"There they are!" This time however, no barrage of arrows came, instead it looked to be one large ball of fire. It exploded then, as a wave of fire came right at you.

"Hero Fred!"

"Kid, I swear you're too heavy!"

Both of the Dark Raven members attempted to dodge.

QuoteAgility requested.