[IC] Caged Beast

Started by Throndir, September 11, 2016, 12:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfrin Fenris

Wolfrin began pulling some small white leaves from some flowers in a bag on his hip, popping them in his mouth and chewing them, he informed the others in a slightly muffled tone. "She's been poisoned by something." He nods his head to some bodies to the right and left. "There's different sorts of wounds here. Some by blades or weapons, and some," he pops the slightly chewed leaf mixture from his mouth and begins inserting it into the worst wounds in the woman's body, "seem to be from claws and fangs."

Now turning his full attention back to the woman, he sized up her wounds. She had numerous small wounds and a few quite deep ones. Should do for the small ones atleast. That poison though.... Well, do what I can. Clasping one hand to the belt he wears around his midriff, a dark leather simple thing with an oddly ornate, for Wolfrin, clasp; he then lays the other hand on the woman's forehead, covering her eyes as he feels the healing energy flow through him and into her prone form.

[spoiler]Using a charge of my healing belt to pump 2d8 healing into her, on top of the medicine check. [blockquote]Rolled 2d8 : 8, 7, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]

BEEP

Throndir

[info]We'll treat your original Heal check as a Provide First Aid attempt.[/info]

Using his belt, Wolfrin was able to channel its energies into the woman. Her wounds immediately closed up. Most of them were healing completely, though the deepest of gashes were still there. She was at least no longer bleeding, but her pale complexion and cold sweat was a clear indication of the poison still affecting her. In that regard, she didn't look very well off, whatever the poison was which was affecting her, seemed fairly powerful. The healing was enough to bring the priestess fully into consciousness at least, and she immediately propped herself up, reaching for something from her robe. It was something sharp with a metallic sheen; it was a dagger.

[info]Initiative requested. But talking is a free action.[/info]

Linwelin

Vladimir's eyes glint with understanding hearing that the woman was poisoned, followed by a pensive nod as he begins scouting surroundings again. But something caught his eye as he turned back, and seeing the dagger being brandished he immediately spun around to grab her arm. "Hold it! Calm yourself, miss. We mean no harm, we've only just arrived here and found you. You've this man to thank for attending your wounds." The swordsman eyes Wolfrin pointedly with his comment.

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

[info]Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
BEEP

Ella

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The woman was surprisingly quick. The moment Vladimir called out to hold, and calm herself, she had pulled out the weapon and had attacked Wolfrin in the span of a single second. Even though Wolfrin was flat-footed from the attack, the priestess' swipe was awkward, and Wolfrin managed to avoid the blade.

[info]You can roll Diplomacy for Make Request, likewise Intimidate for Demoralize Opponent.

Wolfrin to take turn.[/info]

[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Priestess, Wolfrin, Vladimir, Maeve
Log
Round 1
Priestess attacks Wolfrin, miss.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Diplomacy for Make Request attempt:  1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

Wolfrin sucked in his chest, turning slightly to immediately throw out a hand as the dagger tried to find purchase. "Wait," he called out hurriedly as his hand hit fur, stopping Buddy from lunging in at the woman's throat. At the same time, the hand that had been on the woman's head went quickly to the hilt at his waist, the blade being drawn with a whisper of sound as he tried to knock the dagger from the woman's hand.

[spoiler]Commanding Buddy not to attack and making a Disarm Attempt on the woman's dagger. Will sheath Wolf's Fang in the same fluid motion, regardless of outcome.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20 To Disarm.

Has Wolfrin determined this woman's race yet?[/spoiler]
BEEP

Throndir

As you tried to knock the dagger out of her hands, the woman found the opportunity to attempt to attack, but the awkward position only made the disarm attempt easier for you, as you deftly struck out before she managed to strike. The woman yelped as her dagger came clattering to the stone floor.

[info]Vladimir's Diplomacy (Make Request, "calm yourself"): 22
Still sitting up with the dagger being dropped, the woman tried to move back, only to wince from pain from her still-existing wounds. Though healed by Wolfrin's spell. She still looked pale and rather weak. There were beads of cold sweat that continued to roll down her brow. Vladimir's words did register with the woman however, but instead of simply throwing up her hands in surrender, she began to speak.[/info]
"The temple...! You must help me." The woman began to say as she frantically looked back towards the temple - where most of the fallen bodies lay. "It's... It's been released."

Ella

Maeve Gallagher

"What exactly has been rrreleased?" Her two companions seemed to have taken care of the situation with the woman almost as quickly as it had started. Still, Maeve remained cautious as she walked closer to the group, ready to take action if the woman decided to attack one of them again.

Throndir

"A... demon we were guarding." The woman said in a strained voice as a bead of sweat poured down her forehead.

Linwelin

The hair on the back of Vlad's neck stood on end as his eyes widened. "Demon?" That title wasn't stated loosely, especially considering their current environment. "What kind of demon? And why was such a dangerous thing being held here?" For the damage to the surrounding area to be caused a single entity was shocking news, but if it truly was a demon then it wasn't unheard of.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_