Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

QuoteQuestion: Can Seth maintain both the illusion of his master at the same time while focusing his energies in another direction or am I to consider the shadow form of Iris to be self sustaining in some way?

Mysticsage

[info]Because Seth was using the original illusion that both he and Mindsense are trapped in to create the shadow image I thought of her as self sustained as long as the original illusion is intact. She is on their side because of the memories Seth used and iris innate nature that could not be twisted.[/info]

Hasabushi

Mind Sense:

The image of your father, the fire suddenly begins to melt and  then disappears all together...

The scene rapidly changes, it's as if you entered a dream state, the surroundings are "fuzzy" barely visible. You turn and see  the kindly face of a woman, her eyes look worn and tired, though she manages to smile...

You smile back at her ashen colored face...

The room changes around you as you sit holding her hand next to a floating hospital bed, it's hum along with the woman's attempts at breathing ,the only sound in the room...

Strangely the cool clamminess of her hand is a comfort... 

You smile again and stroke her hair. with your other hand, lightly kissing her on the forehead, the saltiness of her sweat lingers on your lips as you pull away...

"They are coming.." she whispers hoarsely "You must be ready...in the coming days...you must free me...the only way...", she forces a breath in and continues. "..the sword..the path..the way... all the same..", She relaxes waiting as if waiting for a response.

Sigil:

As you enter the void, your senses come alive as you search the "spaces between" listening, feeling,looking. All seems to fade except for the aura's that you search for, but you also feel that something is wrong, that you can't quite put your finger on.

"You feel strained tired.. Why don't your rest... Rest is good for you... Just close your eyes, Relax...", a voice calls from the void.

Mysticsage

Seth felt his mind give slightly to the pull of the mysterious voice. He was so tired to begin with from everything that had compounded on top of his shoulder in such a short time. Using so much magic as he already had he was surprised he was conscious let alone able to do what he was doing. He remained focused however he wasn?t about to loss here no matter how tired he was he had people depending on him. If he wanted to really be someone who other could call a hero he would not allow himself to be done just because he was tired. He had enough of always following others orders anyway so he figured a little defiance was called for. Smirking slightly he began to move towards the aura he knew to be the blade.

He stumbled however in mid motion after the first couple twists and turns. The alluring pull of the voice was almost too hard to resist. ?If I open my eyes then the illusion will simply comeback full force and I?ll be that much more caught in this things web, dammit!? Seth bit down hard on his lower lip quickly tasting the metallic tang of his own blood.  The pain helped clear the haze slightly and just making him more frustrated in the process.

?I?m sick and tired of feeling trapped and useless!?

Seth?s declaration might have been loud and with power but he really needed help if he wanted to succeed.  Reaching out for anything that could help in that fight with this unseen opponent. Reaching out for the shadow of his master for assistance he hoped knew they could pull something off, however he also found a blackish flame of aura coming from his black pocket. The tarot cards that Leon had given him. He carried them now as a good luck charm and had forgot about them in the moment. They held a fragment of their bond. Pulling on that and his other bonds for everything there worth and his armlet warm against his skin he kept him moving forward until he was right on top of the sword and grabbed the hilt leaning on the table for strength. The soothing voice drowned out with his own loud thoughts and defiant emotions

?Got ya!? he breathed before opening his eyes and seeing his new surroundings unsure if the new surroundings meant that new troubles were ahead now that he had his prize. He was not going to lose now he?d be a disgrace of a Prendergast if he failed at this point. He could only see their glances of disdain and jeers. This was his first real test and he?d make sure he?d ace it with flying colors let the horrors of the void bring it?s worst! "They were both getting out of this mess!" he screamed swinging the blade high gripping the hilt tight with both hands.

Hasabushi

[Nice :D Need you to roll a 1d20 (7) then another 1d20 (12) The first roll is a sanity roll the second is for the next scenario reveal. for you.]

Mysticsage

([roll]1D20[/roll]

the command seems to be broken

so i'll copy down rolls from the dice roller if you'd rather use the command then i'll replace the #s ;D
1d20] 17 = 17 sanity
[1d20] 15 = 15 Outcome)

Throndir

It was as if she was dreaming. While the fires that had surrounded her felt real and tangible, where she was now felt something entirely different. Just like a dream, she didn't respond in the normal way one would upon the events, it was almost as if she were watching herself move and take action. She knew what was happening around her, yet it felt surreal and before she knew it she was smiling at the kindly ashen face of a woman. She didn't think about what had happened before, of the sense of familiarity, of the burning dread she had just experienced. There was nothing but the hospital-like room and the lady in the bed. For one reason or another Mindsense felt comfortable around her.

"What do you mean?" Mindsense asked as she felt herself worry that the lady was straining herself.

Hasabushi

Mind Sense:

The woman smiles at you for a moment, then the look on her face changes to one of concern or worry "Where is The Warlock he should be here...?"

Sigil:

You grip the blade tightly as your "master" begins to laugh at you. It feels odd in your hand, its coldness seems to creep through your bones. You see a flash of something in the astral as the scene of the fire disappears. A cold calculating presence enters the astral with you.

Linwelin

Quote[spoiler]
So just putting this here lol. Yay ooc!

Can you put in a blurb of what Book Keeper sees? I need something to go off of for a decent post, and I know the situation's changed since I last posted lol

CURRENT STATUS:

[DAMAGE]
SCTNONE
DMGHEALTHY
ERTHEALTHY

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO5
VILLAIN1
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[spoiler]Okay you basically see Sigil with his eyes closed attached to Mind Sense, who is attached to the wall. They appear to be surrounded by a azure colored glow. You're still in the same area after having left Specter behind, having made a choice of course.

Glad to have you back :D[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Book Keeper had no idea what exactly was going on, but he knew that touching the two of them would possibly trap him as well, and what use would 3 unconscious superhumans be? There has to be a way to aid them... From the contortions of their faces, he could tell there was some sort of mental struggle.

Book Keeper could only think of a few things. I could decay the wall at her hands...but that may not solve the problem...I'm not practiced in mental power words, but if I put enough behind it, I could probably get a minor effect. Anything to knock them out of this comatose state...wait, comatose! That might work!

Viktor pulls out one of his books, flipping quickly to the proper page. I've never had much reason to use this one, so I nearly forgot. Viktor then assumed the sturdiest speaking pose possible, then read aloud, practically screaming for the best effect.

"RESTORE!"

The word reverberated throughout the immediate area, the walls even shaking with his command. The most effected, however, was the focal point: Mind Sense and Sigil. Viktor believed, wholeheartedly, that this would snap them out of whatever was tormenting them. Then it hit him, the fatigue. He had to kneel to catch his breath after such an extensive use of his power. And even after my warning earlier, I still did it. Viktor, you need to start taking your own advice...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

DAMAGE]
SCT   Mind
DMG   Unnerved
ERT   HEALTHY

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO   10
VILLAIN   0

"Great Seth really smart move grab the sword that calls more trouble that will help a lot"

Sigil bit his lips as he brought the sword down still slightly nervous about what he might find when he opened his eyes once again. The tight grip he had around the sword was like a drowning man to a life line. But know he faced another problem what should he actually do with the sword not to mention  that
cold presence he felt.

"Well you've come this far you can't turn back now you have to see your choice all the way through."

Gripping the weapon even tighter he attempted to make contact with the presence. He mumbled the incantation his teacher had taught him for reaching out to minds in unknown places. slowly he could feel the arcane energies move and swirl about him. At a distance he let his mind be guided to that energy if he could make a simple connection perhaps he could get the upper hand on their precarious situation. As seth went he shrouded his mental energy with that of his mentor and his butler not wanting anyone to be able to glean his true identity if he could help it, but would risk it in making sure his plan worked.

[spoiler]Roll to make the connection using the spell link for the connection
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Roll to hid key personal information in case connection succeeds
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Her mind was empty, as she furrowed her eyebrows, or what felt like her eyebrows, confused at the question. What did the woman mean by warlock? She tried thinking about it, but there was nothing coming to mind. She felt the inklings as if she was forgetting something. Magic... a room... alarms? She sighed.

"I'm not sure I know this warlock." Mindsense asked. Uncharacteristically, she was being gentle. She didn't know what made her feel that way, but something about the woman, or perhaps where she was, made her feel compelled to do so. But as she stood there, there was a nagging question pushing itself into her mind.

Where am I?

Hasabushi

Book Keeper
You release the power word and the room around you suddenly changes suddenly before your eyes you see Sigil appear, or at least a half visible version of the wizard.

Sigil
As you attempt to make contact with whatever is in the astral, you feel the entire plane around you reverberate, as you here the word "RESTORE!" you feel yourself being pulled no.. shoved toward the location of the sound all the air around begins to hum violently as you feel ripped from the astral, you try to scream but nothing comes out of your mouth... you feel exhausted. Its this moment that you see Book Keeper, his face looking surprisingly at you.

MindSense
"I'm not sure I know this warlock."

"No, no I'm sure that you do not, although you will, you have and you won't know him."

"Where am I?"

The lady looked at you for a moment then smiled again, "Perhaps you're wondering where you are?" she smiles even more so, slightly giggling her face locked in soft yet comical look. "Of course you are, you are...how can I put this? You are in your on being. I guess that's the best way to put although it is a bit metaphysical. Oh all right, here take this, it will help you find the answers you seek. Remember young one all is not as it seems. Here or in 'Reality'..."

Suddenly room shakes violently, you feel the air humming at the same time you feel yourself being pulled. "Ah and so it begins remember what I told you young one.."

[spoiler]You have been given a crystal of onyx on it is engraved a symbol you've never seen before.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Seth blinked as body stiffness set in. Even with his magic supporting him he could feel his body hadn't been ready for such a strain. As well as that he wouldn't be standing freely for a while. They had been saved. Looking at the young kid who was looking over him he was grateful. really grateful in fact, but also angry he was close to finding answers to this mess and it was ripped away from his fingers without any warning.

"Thanks," He said surprised by how hoarse and dry his voiced sound for what he imagined was such a short time in whatever place he had been. Then he remembered, he had not been alone

"Where's the girl!?" He said panic rising to his eyes. Had he been the only one to escape? What if she was still trapped there stuck in her own mind. Glancing over to the wall were he thought he had been he saw her on the floor breathing easy. He let out a pent up sigh. Good she was safe.

He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. if his master or Leon could see him now not even a real hero yet what would they be saying? However it was only a bump in the road he was not finished yet.