Prologue: Welcome to Capital City! [COMPLETED]

Started by Hasabushi, March 07, 2013, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babalover80

It seemed to Odie that the two people working near the chair had some kind of plan going.  They had found a use for the chair so he decided that he would focus his attention on other factors.  "This is his plan, so I assume we need to just give him some space, and defend him while it's cast. It should remove the acid in the air, as well as assault whatever being is hiding in the dark."  Odie then moved into a defensive position in case they were attacked while the man in the chair initiated his plan.  He was still thinking about a way to track the acid if the plan failed.  If the beast struck again it would possibly leave a trail again and he wanted to help the hunter in the room track it.

The other thing that he was concerned about was the light.  Something about the way that it flickered faster than the eye could see led him to believe that it was creating something subliminally; meaning it was creating an effect that was possibly overloading their sensory organs which would make it seem as if it came out of nowhere.  ?Something about that light is still bothering me.  It?s flickering too fast to not be a factor in this mystery.? he said as the floors start to move.  As they do Odie keeps an eye on the woman inspecting the holes in case she is attacked during the confusion.

Hasabushi

[catbar width=25%]Sigil  -   Bookkeeper[/catbar]

Type:summon elemental (lightning)
TOC:until released
Diffculty:7 (muted)

As you began the summon the air around you seems to crack with electricity, you feel your hair stand up on the back of your neck as the air begins to supercharge, but just as soon as it seems the summon spell is a success something goes wrong.. horribly wrong, you feel the ground beneath you began to change. Water begins to seep from under you feet coming from an unknown source, soon you are surrounded by water round about as your spell is nearly complete. . .

Bookeeper you are starting to feel very dizzy and your face, where the cut is begins to hurt profusely

[catbar width=25%]Odie  -  Specter[/catbar]

Odie As you are analyzing the situation you see the water began to flood the room as it comes from the bottom, you also detect three objects moving quickly toward the failed caster, there trajectory and speed suggest lethal force, you have also successfully determined that the acrid smell is a sulfur compound. Specter due to your intense focus you see a humanoid like shape moving through blackness, it is headed directly for you, with something in its hand, it seems to almost be a blur as it is moving very quickly [don't worry about evasion rolls at this point].

[catbar width=25%]Nao[/catbar]

You now feel your right arm go completely numb, you feel even more confused now, you began to babble things that make no sense.

[catbar width=25%]Mind Sense[/catbar]
You see the holes in the floor open as long cylinders begin to erupt from within side the hole, the cylinders begin to light emit some sort of laser light that paints your arm cannon in red light.

Everyone hears a scuttling of something across the floor coming from all directions. Also everyone except for Specter and Odie are starting to feel very light headed.

Lance

Taking his new and improved "cellphone" from the robot, Nao intuitively managed to turn it on. Even without his ability, the young man was still quite sharp. That said, it doesn't take much to simply identify the "on" switch.

As he swept cellphone-turned-flashlight through the dark in hopes of finding his unseen assailant, Nao kept his ears pricked to the ongoing conversation between Mr. green robes and the kid who came outta nowhere.

"It seems the chair restores powers to whoever sits in it. However it renders the user mute."

That was an interesting tidbit of advice. And just as Nao, on a sudden impulse, reached out his right hand towards the chair, a sudden numbness struck his extending appendage.

Before his mind could fully register what had happened, however, a wave of nausea swept over him. What had begun as only a minor nuisance, a burning sensation, was now a full-fledged affliction.

Only, Nao didn't fully register it. In his current state, he was more concerned with the swaying light overhead. He moved unsteadily across the room then, as if drunk.

"Das lightsch..." Nao began.

"Ish sho shiny."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Manzokushi

The room continued to change it seemed to respond to the majority as their grasp on the situation would begin to solidify. Perhaps the lights, the room, the creatures were all part of a single system. If you take them in as a whole picture the events begin to make a bit more sense, though perhaps he was merely rationalizing an otherwise unusual circumstance. Jin was certain of one thing and that was the creature that stalked within the room was his challenge. He chose to face it head on allowing his training to creep within every inch of his body.

Jin allowed his eyes to close. He decided to rely on his training and ability in this match. The eyes were a danger in such a challenge a gateway to misdirected choices. His ears however were neither liars nor the feeling of the air. Even in a dead space the air was his ally. Jin and it were one even without his powers the air was always there encircling his very essence.

He chose to take a stance giving the creature the belief of him being exposed and unaware. However this was merely a feint. When the creature chose to engage the decoy blade would snap as a guard, and the other blade would act as the viper striking for the first vital area to land purchase.

No words were left to say, it was in these moments that defined a warrior's prowess.

Mysticsage

Seth cursed internally as he felt the connection with the spell break and most of his energy slip away with it. He felt lightheaded and a wave of nausea sweep over him. Opening his eyes he saw everything with a slight blurry edge to it he wouldn't be able to remain conscious much longer, looking down at the water that had dissolved all his hard work he felt a resurgence of indignation at the situation.

"I AM Tired of Being Someone Else's Play Thing!" He bellowed this filled with anger continuing to funtion on shear force of will alone he screamed internally at his own helplessness, and gathering the residual electrical energy that had manifested along with the remainder of his own energy into his fist.

Seth raising his fist high fired everything he had directly upward into the light source into what he assumed to be the weakest pint of the room. Everything he had left him he was unsure if any real damage he had caused but was smirking at least knowing that he had shown his power one final time. "I guess I leave the rest to you guys sorry that i wasn't much help." He mumbled the last remark with a smile as he was already leaving the chair and falling to the side and into the water. With the last of his strength he used gravity and his own momentum to pull the older teen who had tried to touch the chair before into his place and then hit the ground hard causing him to blackout completely.

Babalover80

Odie could see that something had gone wrong with their plan.  The man in the chair seemed to droop with fatigue and the young man standing next to him seemed to be getting pale at a very rapid rate. As the energy burst out of Sigil and headed towards the light up above, Odie knew that he had little time to react.  The three objects approaching would be able to attack and it seemed as if his teammates would not be able to defend themselves.  There was also the case of the man walking close to the chair in a drunken stupor. 

Odie measured the speed and trajectory that the enemy was approaching from as he grabs for Sigil and Bookkeeper.  He then pauses as he sees that things had taken an even worse turn.  Sigil had fallen unconscious and pulled Nao into the chair as he slumped to the floor.  With the water rapidly rising he feared Sigil might drown.   He had hoped to grab the two of them and jump to safety but with the third in the chair he knew that if he leapt to safety then Nao would be the target.  Grabbing Sigils limp form, Odie thrusts him into Bookkeepers arms and shoves them in the direction opposite that of the approaching enemy.    

As Odie turns to meet his attackers he notices the gun in the hand of the man now in the chair.  Thinking that he wasn?t in any shape to use it and thinking to draw the creature?s attention, Odie grabs the gun from the man. ?Sorry?, Odie says as he grabs the gun, turns, and fires two shots at the creatures that are most likely to try and avoid him and attack other targets.  Hoping to draw their attention Odie braces himself to defend against their attack.

Linwelin

Viktor could hardly see his surroundings past the light, and was trying to get a grip before falling over. He finally got control of himself and was able to think again. What just happened...why the sudden nausea... He saw that everyone else who breathed normally was feeling it, and suspected a couple reasons. It's either the air quality, or the light itself...have to test, and quick. Light first.

Viktor slips to the edge of the light, keeping as aware of his surroundings as possible, hoping that being out of the direct light would make him feel a little better. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure how to test the other...Wait, on of them had wind powers...it's a stretch, but maybe he can control the air to purify an area...well, I hope that isn't needed, I'm still not even sure if the chair is safe!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!" Megella cried angrily as the red lazer lights trained and locked themselves on her arm-cannon. Something specifically targeting her was never a good thing, and she realized that the targeting lazers could possibly allude itself to some sort of trap. Of course all sorts of events transpired not long after; yells, crackles of electricity fizzling out, water, and she swore there were things out there in dark just waiting to strike - if they were not already doing so that is.

She attempted to will her suit back to life, but that still ended in failure. The next time I can, I'm definitely going to add reliable backup power...

[spoiler]Megella will step back to get into a more defensible location, and regroup with the others. She'll attempt to scan the area, and be on alert on the lazers locked on to her arm-cannon.[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[catbar width=25%]Specter[/catbar]
Closing your eyes you begin to to focus only on the sounds in the room. You find it odd that you don't hear the water running, you do hear footsteps something is right above you, the air patterns change directly in front of you. It is clear that you're under attack.

[catbar width=25%]Book Keeper[/catbar]
You head toward the light, as you get near you see the current occupant of the chair starting fall over he grasps you pulling toward him, crumpling to the floor he releases you as he hits the floor, you are currently in the light, but no sooner do you enter the beam that you feel yourself suddenly jerked from it as Sigil suddenly flies at you, apparently thrown by the cyborg. You have little time to react as you feel yourself being carried away from the center of the room. Ironically you see Nao stumbling for the spot you just left...

[catbar width=25%]Sigil[/catbar]

Type:Cast Magic Bolt
TOC:Single shot
Diffculty:3 (muted)

Your spell ignites launching from your hand, you see it fly directly above lighting the surface high above, It lasts but a moment and then extinguishes itself. The last of your magic energy expended you collapse attempting to grab the nearest thing to you, in this case it happens to be Book Keeper. Your exhausted body tumbles to the floor, still grasping Book Keeper you pull him with you as you fall onto the water covered floor.

[catbar width=25%]Nao[/catbar]
Dizzily you head to the light, you feel confused as you toward the circle of light, you feel something leave you're hand, but at this point you don't care. Reaching the light collapsing into the chair, just as quickly your head begins to clear and you feel in control of your abilities/faculties again.

[catbar width=25%]Odie[/catbar]
[I'm assuming your grabbing Nao's Gun before he gets to the chair]

In one quick action you shove Sigil into Book Keepers arms, pushing them both out of the way, just as you grab Nao's gun before he reaches the beam of light in a calculated move you turn swiftly facing the your advancing attackers, with uncanny accuracy you fire off one shot, hitting your first target dead on, it disintegrates, in front of you in a shower of metal. You attempt to fire off a second shot but the weapon jams, the second projectile slams into your chasis, you feel a brief shock, but suffer no ill effects, the third projectile soon follows and hits your right arm, causing your system to overload briefly from the double impact. Other than a blackened chasis you have suffered no damage.

[catbar width=25%]Mind Sense[/catbar]
You are currently feeling a slight dizziness as you head to a more strategic area in the room [I'm assuming your moving over by Odie just clarify if this is not the case], however the red beams still seem to be focusing on your arm cannon, you now hear a a buzzing noise, that seems to be very close.

[catbar]SCENE CONTINUED:[/catbar]
The water is currently getting higher. The party hears more skittering of something across the floor, the noise is almost deafening.

Linwelin

At this point, Viktor was officially getting creeped out. Skittering, acid, randomly being thrown...why in the world do I have to go through this? They just wanted to see my powers right? And now they stripped me of them and put me to some lethal trap test? These guys are lunatics! Turning his panic to frustrated rage, Viktor begins to march back toward the light, stopping almost immediately when he realizes that Sigil was still beside him, unable to move as far as he could tell.

"Guess I can't leave him, can I? Viktor mutters as he begins to slowly yank and pull Sigil with him, not making much progress. "Can someone help us get back to the group? It's not safe out here...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

Suddenly, all was made clear. Gone was the confusion and pain. In its place was only clarity. Nao grimaced, however. He hadn't wanted to resort to this, but he needed time.

As that young boy confirmed earlier, his abilities should be unsealed at this point, and his current condition only gave further attestation to that. And so, with his left hand, Nao reached into his pocket and took out an aged pocket watch and though no sound came out, the young man mouthed one word:

Izanagi.

[spoiler]Activating ability Time Quell. If successful, Nao will remove his gloves to analyze the chair and anything suspicious within reach. Afterwards, he will sweep the room with his new flashlight several times, in an effort to find the unseen assailant. Only then will he drop the time veil.[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Linwelin

The mechanical whirs, clinks and skitters, along with the rushing water, gave Viktor an idea. It seems like at least one of these people can control elements. If one of them can use water, and either make it freeze cleanly, or reflect properly as water, then...

As Viktor finally gets to the light, no thanks to the rest, he asks a simple question, "Can anyone here manipulate water? And if so, can you do it well enough to make a reflective surface? I think you see where I'm going with this... He looks from person to person curiously, waiting for a good reply. Please tell me one of them can...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Babalover80

Odie assessed himself and determined that there was no lasting damage to his system.  He had been jarred when two of the projectiles hit him but was otherwise unharmed.  He looked towards Bookkeeper and Sigil and could see that they were slowly making their way towards the light. "Can anyone here manipulate water? And if so, can you do it well enough to make a reflective surface? I think you see where I'm going with this...

He had been thinking somewhere along the same lines but was unable to affect the water.  As he studies the light he realizes that instead of reflecting the light off the water, he may be able to change the composition of his hand allowing light to refract through it.  If the light was causing any type of deception, refracting or reflecting it would disperse the effects.

?I can possibly change a part of my body to serve the purpose of either a reflecting or refracting surface, though it will take time,? says Odie as he starts to run the programs to determine what he will need to do.  He then became aware that Sigil had not returned as Bookkeeper returned to the group.  Wanting to return to the group before the next round of attacks, Odie quickly goes to grab Sigil while running his analysis.

Manzokushi

The shadows played inside of Jin?s mind. He felt the wind part, the feeling of a foreign object within his space. This was the conclusion he sought. To be sure of your target before engaging, he had wanted to be sure the threat was real. Finally the defensive posture came to a halt. Jin opened his eyes taking in the entire thing before him. Though it was masked in darkness its movements were not beyond human perceptions. One only had to know where to look. This would have been an ideal moment to smile but only the warrior existed, Jin was a creature of the past.

The first few trades of metal were a test. Then the dance began in earnest. His blade danced before the task slipping between slices parrying the blows, always keeping his strikes one step behind. He chose to faint at first allowing the creature or thing to feel confidence in its own prowess. Then in a burst of flurry and motion Jin changed the pace of the dance. Pressing the creature, not allowing it a chance to breath, each strike seeking purchase with his aggressor, Jin sought to punish this thing.

He was slightly aware that other things had begun to move within the room. The floor seemed to change, other objects made sound and the group sounded to be in trouble. But what did he care, and deep somewhere within why was he trying so hard. Jin knew this was the path for Specter but what about him. Did he truly wish to serve some uncaring task master? After all that had happened, those along with other thoughts floated by as he continued to press the creature, not letting up for even a moment. He continued to study his opponent watching its reactions attempting to judge what or who exactly this thing was.

Hasabushi

[catbar]Nao[/catbar]

Currently Active Power: Time Quell
You touch the chair, and are suddenly accutely aware of the design weight and composition of the chair. the chair is made of a polymer compound perhaps a steel alloy and polypropelene. It has an odd tensile strength and seems to be able to respond to the occupants weight and size, it seems to be in a constant state of morphing. Another curious thing is that it seems that the chair seems to have some sort of strange localized nullifying effect.

[catbar]Specter[/catbar]
With expert timing you block and counter every attack, uncannily it seems to be able to counter all you attacks as well, it seems to be a neverending dance of both grace and dexterity, it's as if your fighting yourself...

[catbar]Mind Sense[/catbar]
(PASSING)

[catbar]Book Keeper - Sigil[/catbar]
(No actions really taken)

[catbar]Odie[/catbar]
The calculations have been completed it would take approximately 5.2 seconds to complete the metamorphic changes needed to attain a polished reflective surface. You have secured Sigil, he stirs slightly as you lift him but is not fully conscious yet.

[catbar]SCENE CONTINUES[/catbar]
The room suddenly shakes violently, anyone standing is thrown to the floor as everything in the room suddenly disappear in a flood of light minus the chair. Lights high above flicker on, you see a large room with an odd shaped semi-rectangular grid that covers the walls, every 3 feet you see a circle opening that has red lights pulsing around it in a circular pattern. The pulsing lights are nearly completely dim now. 
Everyone can feel their abilities returning in full.

"WARNING WARNING OVERLOAD IN MAIN HOLOGRAPHIC CHAMBER 001,
PRIMARY GRID ...OFFLINE,
ENVIROMENTAL SYSTEM ...OFFLINE,
SECONDARY GRID ...OFFLINE,
OPTICAL SYSTEMS ...OFFLINE,
AUDATORY SYSTEMS ...OFFLINE,
MENTAL SUPPRESSION UNIT ...OFFLINE
COMMUNICATIONS ...OFFLINE
BEGINNING PRIMARY LOCKDOWN OF ALL NON ESSENTIAL AREAS...
SWITCHING TO INTERNAL BACKUP SYSTMES... PLEASE STANDBY"

A moment later...
WARNING WARNING INTERNAL BACKUP SYSTEMS HAVE FAILED...SYSTEM SHUT DOWN EMINATE...
The lights flicker above you again, this time it takes longer for them to come back on...

[catbar]MEANWHILE...[/catbar]
"Central get them out of there!!", Captain Virgil, roared as auto fire-suppression systems kicked in.

A young man quickly but nervously responded  over the vid-com yelling over the sound of the alarm and fire suppression systems,
"We're trying Sir but all systems are locked down! we can't even get the doors to open!"

"What the... all right, all right.", he said calming himself down, remembering his heart rate, "Can we at least get communications online and contact topside, try to find out what the hell is going!", Virgil wanted a cigar, he even picked up a phantom one by force of habit. "And while you're at it lets get a repair crew down to HOLO 1, we need to get those kids out of there...", he promptly put his hand back down realizing there was nothing there. "And turn that damn alarm off!!"