Day 3: Winged Bullies

Started by Throndir, January 28, 2016, 06:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Dan and Sigon only.[/info]Nearing the scene you are able to pick out a Krabby being attacked by four Wingull. They continued swooping in, attacking the Pokemon and leaving it in a bruised and bad condition. All four Wingull were darting quickly, but they quickly realized that the two of you had neared.

They focused their attack on the two nearest combatants.

[error]Wingull 2 uses Supersonic on Bolt and misses.
Wingull 1 attacks Dan with Water Gun and misses.
Wingull 3 uses Supersonic on Bolt and hits. Bolt is now confused.
Wingull 4 attacks Dan with Water Gun and deals 16 damage[/error]You managed to dodge the first gush of water that one of the Wingull shot at you, but the second one managed to hit your knee. Bolt on the other hand, seemed to have quickly side stepped out of the way of the first attack, but was hit with the second.

QuoteDistance of 4 to the Wingull. The Krabby is at a distance of 6.

Full contact.
Turn order
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt
Dan
Krabby
Sigon
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt: 0, confused
Dan: 16
Krabby
Sigon[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Dan throws a Pokeball at the Krabby. Bolt attacks with Spark if he gets past the confusion, aiming for when one of the Wingull had swooped down. Will RP in the morning.

Dan:
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Capture:  1d100 : 97, total 97[/blockquote]

Bolt: (Damage is x3 or x4, I forget what double super is in this table top)
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6+24 : 1, 5, 4 + 24, total 34[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteKarma for the capture. So many 90s lately...

[blockquote]Capture:  1d100 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Resolved 10 karma.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Guh-!" Dan was caught by surprise when he was hit by a gout of water from the Wingull. He'd not expected to be targeted while a good 6 meters from their prey. Either way, he had to save that Krabby! Though he was used to the ways of nature, the didn't mean he would stand by while a Pokemon was unnecessarily bullied. And knowing the relationship between crab and gulls, it could end worse than that.

"Bolt, watch for when they swoop close to the ground. When one does, nab 'em with a Spark!" As Bolt readied that action, Dan threw a Pokeball to try to get the Krabby to safety. It looked to be on the mark, but only time would tell. After that, Dan once more looked to the bullies, the Wingull. He'd never much cared for the Pokemon, as they tended to act selfishly by nature. This sort of thing was quite common actually, but he'd rarely seen them attack people as well. This was certainly a much wilder area than he was used to. But he was determined to prevail, and that meant driving these angered birds away. He would disable them if necessary.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Dan
[okay]Dan caught Krabby![/okay]

You commanded Bolt to attack the nearest Wingull, and eventually Bolt began charging headlong into the fray. Unfortunately in its confusion its movements were sloppy, and it managed to trip smashing its face against the sandy beach. There was a loud thud. He made a whining noise. It probably hurt.

[error]Bolt attempts to attack but hurts himself and takes 8 damage.[/error]You followed up with a Pokeball, and your aim was true as the red beam engulfed the Krabby. Soon enough, it was yours.

QuoteAlso note I'm resolving exp at the very end of the battle, less tracking involved.

Full contact.
Turn order
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt
Dan
Krabby
Sigon
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt: 8, confused
Krabby: ?
Sigon[/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteThese Wingull are faster than Bolt? :o Dang, that's impressive.

Dan watched Bolt struggled with the after-effects of Supersonic. "Shoot...come on, Bolt! Pull yourself out of it and ready a Spark!" While Bolt attempted to ready his next attack, Dan readied himself for his own offense. He'd not expected to be attacked, considering his range from the fray. He was relieved that he'd managed to save the Krabby, but now that he'd captured it, they were bound to be furious at both he and Bolt. He would attempt to punch any Wingull out of the air if necessary, but he preferred not to.

[info]Bolt to use Spark if able to get past confusion.
Dan to punch a Wingull.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Bolt:
[blockquote]Confusion roll:  1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d8+29 : 8, 6 + 29, total 43[/blockquote]
+5 from Expert Belt

Dan:
[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+12 : 8 + 12, total 20[/blockquote]

You choose targets, just waiting of any openings.
[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

"Don't worry, I'm coming!"

Sigon ditched everything he was carrying and beelined for the battle scene. The Wingull were furious, and the Krabby looked like it was in serious trouble. It was lucky Dan and Sigon had come along when they did, but its disappearance only served to force the Wingull to turn their attacks to the trainers. And they were making some heavy work on poor Dan and Bolt. The two struggled to land a hit on the nuisances, swinging about but hardly having anything to show for it.

That was what Sigon was there for. Lucky for him, his Pokémon were already out of their balls as they had been helping move things along the beach, collecting items as the fell off the sled and all. They saw the trouble and never hesitated to likewise drop everything and follow their trainer into battle. Here was where he hoped to pay Dan back for all the help he'd selflessly given to Sigon.

"Parfait! Use Growl! Sting, follow up with Fury Cutter!" And the Pokémon sprang into action. The Togepi was hardly the fighting type, but it would stand its ground if it meant helping out its trainer. And a simple growl could hardly be considered an attack, right? Sting, on the other hand, was ready like an antsy child to jump into whatever combat Sigon saw fit to thrust him into. He readied himself and attacked just as Sigon ordered the attack.

[info]Not sure if I'm allowed to attack with both Pokémon right now, but here goes anyway. If I can only choose one, use Sting's attack.

Parfait's Growl: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]Sting's Fury Cutter: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d8+21 : 3 + 21, total 24[/blockquote]
Sting's No Guard means evasion isn't calculated in melee attack rolls.
Sting's King's Rock means his attack flinches on a roll of 19 or 20.[/info]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Fellow Rabbit

[info]Using Karma to reroll Fury Cutter's attack roll.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

[info]10 Karma usage resolved.

Treating Sigon's post for round 1, as I never got the chance to resolve Dan's forced new turn. I'll post tonight[/info]

Throndir

[okay]Sting deals 21 damage to Wingull 1[/okay][info]Round 1 ends[/info][error]Wingulls attack. 1+4 move from Dan and attacks Bolt. 2+3 attacks Sting.
Wingull 2 uses Supersonic on Sting and hits. Sting is now confused.
Wingull 1 attacks Bolt with Water Gun and hits, dealing 15 damage.
Wingull 3 attacks Sting with Water Gun and hits, dealing 9 damage.
Wingull 4 attacks Bolt with Water Gun and misses.[/error][okay]Bolt is no longer confused!
Bolt attacks Wingull 4 with Spark and hits dealing 80 damage. Wingull 4 has fainted.
Dan attacks Wingull 1 with Struggle and hits dealing 17 damage and 1 injury.[/okay][info]Sigon to declare actions[/info]
QuoteTurn order
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt
Dan
Krabby
Sigon
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1: 38, 1 injury (-Def)
Wingull 3
Wingull 4, 80, ? injuries
Bolt: 23
Krabby: ?
Sigon:
Sting: 9, confused[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

The Wingull were relentless, swooping in from every direction and then running out of range as fast as they could. It didn't seem to be working as effectively as they'd like, however. One of them was already down for the count after a nasty sting from Bolt and another seemed injured, which presented a good an opportunity as any.

Tracking the injured Wingull as best he could, he grabbed a Poké Ball out of his pocket, waited for the best moment he could spot, and threw it with as much force as he could spare with his good arm. Wingull wasn't exactly the most desirable of Pokémon, but if he was going to catch them all, it was still a necessity nevertheless.

His job wasn't done, though. That still left two more of the water birds to deal with and a confused Sting, which was probably more dangerous than a regular one. With that in mind, he couldn't order it to attack. But he didn't want to just leave him sitting there, either.

"Sting!" he called, "Use Swords Dance!" A regular move like that wouldn't be too dangerous to perform, would it? He could have Parfait try to attack them, but with his only attacking move being rather unreliable, it was perhaps not the best idea. Although he probably could have had Togepi do something about how hard they were hitting. If Sting didn't snap out of it soon, that would be a better alternative to watching the sword hurt itself. Boosting his own attack power didn't hurt, though.

Fellow Rabbit

Poké Ball[blockquote]Accuracy:  1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote][blockquote]Capture:  1d100 : 56, total 56[/blockquote]

Fellow Rabbit

[blockquote]Confusion Roll:  1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Throndir

[okay]Sting attempts uses Sword Dance.
Sting's attack rose sharply![/okay]Aiming at the injured Wingull, you threw as much as you were able to. Unfortunately it missed completely, and the ball flew into a rock jutting out from the beach, shattering the ball, and shortly after having its pieces be flown out to sea.

[error]Sigon threw a Pokeball and missed. Pokeball shatters.[/error]
~ Round 3 ~

[error]Wingull 2 attacks Sting with Water Gun and hits, dealing 14 damage.
Wingull 1 attacks Bolt with Water Gun and hits, dealing 12 damage and 1 injury.
Wingull 3 attacks Sting with Water Gun and hits, dealing 18 damage and 1 injury.[/error][info]Bolt + Dan, then Sigon + Sting to declare actions.[/info]
QuoteTurn order
[spoiler]Wingull 2
Wingull 1
Wingull 3
Wingull 4
Bolt
Dan
Krabby
Sigon
Sting: 3
[/spoiler]

Damage Taken