Chapter 3: The Dead

Started by Throndir, January 25, 2016, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Survivors at the Eastern Camp
With Daniel's guidance, you managed to get the water supply going, and soon enough you had enough for the group.

[okay]+1 Water per Person at the camp. More given if someone roleplays it out.[/okay]Daniel
Heading down south along the coast, you don't run into anything out of the ordinary. There were still plenty of bodies around and you did take some time to look through the corpses to see if there was anything useful. Unfortunately aside from useless scrap, there wasn't much to salvage. You did however find some canned goods.

[okay]+2 Food to Daniel
Leftovers added to inventory.[/okay]A few hours in you scavenging, heading southwards, you see what looks to be a camp of some sort. There was a single tent, and next to it a pile of lumber. There were some Pokemon about as well.

QuoteDaily Survival - Day 3
[spoiler]Daniel: 23
Garret: 14 -4 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = 4
Kram: 11 -2 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Letina: 10 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Sigon: 4 -2 (injuries) -2 (thirsty) = 0
Vinny: 24
Lynne: 11 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 6
Aivil: 6 -1 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = -1[/spoiler]

Total Survival
[spoiler]Daniel: 56
Garret: 4
Kram: 13
Letina: 8
Sigon: 1
Vinny: 64
Lynne: 22
Aivil: 7[/spoiler]

Resources
[spoiler]Daniel
Food: 2
Water: 2
Shelter: Decent 2 Person Shelter (16 completion, left at NE camp.)
Misc: +0 Soil Quality Mound

Garret
Food: 1
Water: 0
Shelter: Bad 1 Person Shelter (9 completion)
Items: Damaged Old Rod, Damaged First Aid Kit
Misc: 3 treeful of logs (+5 completion bonus to shelter)

Kram
Food: 0
Water: 1
Shelter: Bad 4-person Shelter (24 completion)
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Water Filter

Letina
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Sleeping Bag, Damaged Water Filter

Sigon
Food: 1
Shelter: Decent 2 Person Shelter (16 completion, left at NE camp.)

Vinny
Food: 2
Water: 3

Lynne
Food: 1 Questionable Food
Water: 0
Shelter: Bad 1 Person Shelter (9 completion)
Items: Damaged Tent

Aivil
Items: Damaged Pokedex[/spoiler]

Action Points Drained
[spoiler]Daniel: 0
Garret: 0
Kram: 0
Letina: 0
Sigon: 0
Vinny: 0
Lynne: 0
Aivil: 0[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Daniel Rask: 0,
Kram Niawt: 0, 2 injuries (-1 SATK, -1 SDEF), very thirsty
Letina Rae Deslegeech: 0, 1 injuries (-1 DEF), thirsty
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, 2 injuries (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Blaise: 47, poisoned, 2 injury (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Silcoon 1: 24, caught, 1 injury (-ATK)
Beauty: 12
[/spoiler]

Vinny Drechsler: 0,
[spoiler]Felix: 49, 3 injuries (-DEF, -ATK, -SDEF), fainted
Treecko: 23,1 injury (-DEF)[/spoiler]

Garret "Grey" Miles: 39, 4 injuries (-2 DEF, -2 SATK), hungry, very thirsty, sick (-1 body skill checks)
Kathos Sigon: 0, 2 injuries (-1 ATK, -1 DEF), thirsty
Lynne Lockley: 0, 1 injuries (-1 SATK), very thirsty
[spoiler]Honeydew: 0,
Webzy: 0, paralyzed
Deckard: 0, 1 injury (-SATK)
Ruby: 0, 1 injuries (-SDEF)[/spoiler]

Aivil: 0, 1 injuries (-1 ATK), hungry, very thirsty
[/spoiler]

Half-Hour Rests Used
[spoiler]Daniel: 0
Garret: 16
Kram: 6
Letina: 0
[spoiler]Coalee: 0
Blaise: 0
Silcoon 1: 0
Beauty: 0[/spoiler]

Sigon: 0
Vinny: 0
[spoiler]Felix: 0
Treecko: 0)[/spoiler]

Lynne: 4
[spoiler]Honeydew: 8,
Webzy: 0
Deckard: 11
Ruby: 15[/spoiler]

Aivil: 4[/spoiler]

Custom Rulings
[spoiler]
  • Hunger status: Hungry (-2 to all accuracy and skill check rolls), Very Hungry (-4 to rolls), Starving (-6 to rolls)
  • Thirst status: Thirsty (-2 to rolls), Very Thirsty (-4 to rolls), Dehydrated (-6 to rolls)
  • Each injury adds +2 hours to actions in the day, and -1 to any Body skill (Acrobatics, Athletics, Combat, Intimidate, Stealth, and Survival)
  • One Survival check per day required, related with how you fare within that day over all.
  • Limits on what could be found on a single day regardless of how often you try.
  • Roll normally, I can add these modifiers myself as they're custom rules.
  • If started new day as this specific status:
  • Hungry, then lose 1/8 HP
  • Very Hungry, then lose 2/8 HP
  • Starving, then lose 3/8 HP
  • Thirsty, then lose 1/5 HP
  • Very Thirsty, then lose 2/5 HP
  • Dehydrated, then lose 3/5 HP
Actions and Time Spent
[spoiler]Note, this list is not exhaustive, and I'll be adding to them as players get creative on what they want to spend their day doing. Also note these are rough times, and I may change any of these depending on situation.
  • Scavenging the beach = 4 hours
  • Scavenging nearby forested areas = 4 hours
  • Sleep = 8 hours (to gain hp bonus rest)
  • Island expedition (one way) = 8 hours
  • Island expedition (there and back again) = 16 hours
  • Building camp = 12 hours
  • Fishing = 4 hours
  • Fire building and maintenance = 4 hours
  • Extended rest = 4 hours
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

10000! Editing later! Nevermind, this theft will live on in infamy!

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Wait, what was he asking? She stay and help drag bodies around? She had already tried to do that and failed thanks to her weakened body. Besides, if he found survivors, two people with medical knowledge would be better than one.

"I'll be of no help in dragging the bodies. I tried, but dead weight is too heavy for me. I'll go with you and help provide medical attention to any survivors we find."

[info]Letina follows Dan with her medical gear.[/info]

[spoiler=Perception to see if Letina can tell what Pokémon are at the little camp before they get there.] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6+5 : 1, 5, 4 + 5, total 15[/spoiler]

Throndir

Letina
You notice a Growlithe, a Machop, a Mareep among others.

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

As Dan and Letina traveled South along the beach, they checked the bodies. Letina's hopes for finding survivors had already been low, especially along the beach. She forced herself to not thing about the total death count. If they had the time, they would have to do that later if and when they went along to take care of the bodies.

When she noticed that there was a tent up ahead of them, Letina also noticed the movements. As soon as she got close enough to see the Pokémon, she froze. A Growlithe and a Mareep together? Lots of people had those two Pokémon, right? Lynne would never catch a Machop, would she? These weren't her cousin's Pokémon, right? She would know if her cousin had decided to take a ship on the same boat she had, wouldn't she?

"..." No... she wouldn't. As much as she tried to keep in contact with her friends and family outside of school, she had fallen into the habit of failing to contact people about things. The only people who even knew she had been on that ship were her grandparents and possibly her parents. Well, her parents probably knew by now.

As she watched the Pokémon move about, she just could not shake the feeling off that she knew who those Pokémon were. She did not them to be Ruby and Fluffball, and she did not want to find out who they were... But if they were them, where was Lynne? 'Lynne...'

Letina rushed forward, she had to know where Lynne was and if she was okay! "Ruby! Fluffball! Lynne!? Where is Lynne?!" She shouted so the group at the small camp could hear her.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=Click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/qYnAJoJV0Jc&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne was tending to Grey, he was awake now at least, but still not ready to get up. Suddenly, Ruby was barking up a storm. Lynne hadn't noticed anything that would cause it, and Deckard started to get restless as well. Lynne stumbled out of the tent, and on the beach she could see a man making his way towards the camp, and a girl rushing headlong towards the tent. "Ruby.. am I seeing things? Is that Letina?" Lynne hadn't heard from her cousin in quite a while, since their last adventure, but it was understandable, Letina had been so occupied with school and everything else, and Lynne had started going to Xan Academy, and hadn't told many people at all that she was going to be on the St. Jude. It didn't seem very special, and it wasn't like she was going to have fun, it was to improve her skills.

Ruby continued to bark, rushing forward to meet the girl, and Lynne followed as quickly as she could. The rest of her Pokemon followed behind her, Deckard would recognize Letina, but the beach was not exactly where he wanted to be at the moment. Pippy, Honeydew, and Webzy followed behind curious.

Ruby dove at Letina, barking with joy, and Lynne followed behind, almost as filled with joy as the Growlithe was, but also in far worse shape as she wobbled through the sands, feeling the effect of dehydration. "Letina, is that you?" Lynne's voice was hoarse, her throat dry, but she at least tried to smile. She could worry about the other person later, it was nice to see a familiar face, even if it was a terrible situation.

Linwelin

So many bodies...this is awful. Daniel walked down the shore, occasionally ducking down for something of interest. They weren't beginning to bloat horribly yet, but it was only a matter of time. "Letina, I'm not sure we'll be able to burn all these bodies. I think it would be best to focus just around the camp." Daniel appraised. He'd only found a few minor supplies, but they were as good a find as any in their situation. Dan turned to acknowledge Letina for her opinion, but she seemed stunned by something in the distance. He turned to see what had her so shocked, only to feel similarly.

"Is that a tent...? Letina, that's a tent rig-" Before he even finished, the young lady was running past him towards the site, yelling names. Is it someone she knows? Deciding not to leave it to his imagination, Daniel ran after her. The Pokemon in view certainly weren't normal, so they must be a trainer's. And soon enough, responding to Letina's call, another young woman staggered from the camp toward her. Dan was filled with joy. More survivors. Upon running up, he decided not to interject until the duo were done.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Letina nodded at Dan's assessment of the body situation. "I agree. As long as it does not put anyone's health at risk, we do not have to take care of them all. It would still be nice to do something if we have time." 'What would be really nice, though, is if the body bonfire was big enough to signal a ship or someone flying above...' She immediately regret her thought, using people's bodies like that. They deserved proper care and cremation.

"Ruby, it is you!" Letina greeted the Growlithe as she was practically tackled down into the sand. When she heard Lynne's voice call out to her, Letina looked up immediately. Lynne did not sound good at all. Upon seeing the state her cousin was in, Letina began struggling to get out from under Ruby.

"Lynne, are you okay? Do you need medical attention? Why are you here? Were you on that boat, too? Why did you get on the boat?!" Question after question spewed from the young medic as she escaped Ruby's hold and rushed to check her cousin's vitals. "Are these all of your Pokémon? Is there anyone with you?" Her last question was more of an afterthought, only surfacing after Letina had assured herself that the only thing Lynne really needed was food and water. She had completely forgotten about her companion in all the excitement of finding her cousin, of all people.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

After the barrage of questions from her cousin, Lynne gathered herself and tried to act normal. "No, not all of the Pokemon are mine, but quite a few of them are! There's another person, I found him washed up on the beach yesterday, unconscious. He just woke up today and he seems to be sick. I'm not too injured myself, got a little banged up when the boat sank but I haven't been able to find any drinkable water since then. You should probably take a look at him, you've got medical knowledge and I don't so there isn't much more I can do to help him out." She led Letina back towards the camp.

"I was on the St. Jude as part of a Xan Academy photography program, they gave me the opportunity to go on the cruise to take pictures that I wouldn't be able to take normally... Well, I guess they weren't wrong, couldn't take much like this in an every day setting. It isn't how I wanted things to turn out though.. Nobody did." When they reached the camp, Lynne opened up the tent where Grey was.

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

It had been a long and somewhat eventful trip along the beach, but alas, their three-hour journey had finally come to an end. The other group's camp was starting to come into view and Sigon was starting to fill with joy for not being one of only two people alive on the island. There were at least three more here, which gave him the hope that there might possibly be even more somewhere on the island. He latched on to that hope, believing that there had to be a way for more of them to have made it alive. The bodies lining the beach, however, did everything they could to persuade him otherwise. He glanced gravely at them, grateful that he hadn't had to join them.

'The dead will tell their tale. The living hear but dust and echoes.'

The voice had been silent since his battle with the Wingull, and Kathos was glad for that. But this time the words resonated with him. Thoughts crossed his mind that he hadn't considered at all since the crash. All of these people had lives of their own. Stories. Tales they could have told that now may be forever lost on the ears of the living. They deserved better, even in death.

He pondered the thought for much of the remainder of the day. He took a shift helping out with the water filter, helped around with the duties at the camp, and did other mundane tasks that needed to be done, rarely letting his thoughts stray to another subject. He still couldn't bring himself to check any of the bodies despite knowing that others from the group already had. If he were to search them, though, it wouldn't be for personal gain. He would adamantly devote his efforts to collecting memorabilia he could use to learn more about who they were. Or even better: to use it as part of a monologue at the funeral they all deserved.

The day passed slowly for him, but the time came soon enough that he couldn't go any longer without bringing this up to the others. The dead clearly wouldn't benefit from anything they could do, but at the very least the survivors could feel better about themselves knowing that they had honored the memories of those deceased. Sigon had to make the others see this was needed. Even if it was something short said about each person.

"What should we do, Parfait?" He had taken some time to rest and was sitting against a tree in the fetal position. The egg Pokémon stood in front of him.

"To-ki." Parfait's tone was somber and very quiet. He turned to see the bodies again, on the edge of letting tears flow from his eyes. He had never seen death before, either, but he understood how serious this all was. Undoubtedly the Pokémon shared the same sentiments as Sigon.

"You're right. Let's see what they think."

"Is there anything we can do? I really think this is something that should be done. For everyone's sake." Sigon had explained some of the details of what had been on his mind that day. He had never done anything like this before and the one funeral he remembered attending was far too long ago for him to remember how it was put together. Surely someone agreed with him and had an idea or two of how they could at least get started.

[info]Leaving this open ended so it can be interpreted as him having asked anyone at the camp at any time of the day.[/info]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Linwelin

Dan followed into camp, surveying it as they passed. It wasn't a great setup, but it worked. "So you were from the ship...I'm glad you both managed to survive. Oh, I'm Dan, by the way." He took the chance to introduce himself, seeing as he was basically left at the side lines when the two girls reunited. "I'm a ranger by trade, so if you need any help with camp or injured, I'm happy to lend a hand. We have a camp of our own back north with several other survivors. If you both are able, I recommend we head back there as soon as possible. Safety in numbers, after all."

Upon hearing about the other survivor being ill, Dan immediately stepped in and examined the body. "...This isn't good, he's lacking water badly. I have some food on me to aid his hunger, and can treat his wounds, but we need to get him back to camp and get him fresh water." As Daniel began preparing for treatment, he let out Rue. "Rue, just stick near me to help me comfort this boy." The ranger immediately got to work patching the boy up, with Rue sitting beside him to lend a hand with her calming aroma.

Dan then addressed the boy before him. He was in rougher shape than anyone he'd seen yet, besides the dead. "It's going to be alright now, kid. Though I'll be needing you to move soon after you're patched up. Do you think you can manage that?" Dan looked at him quizzically, with a supportive smile. "If you don't think you can manage the trip, we can fashion a sled for you and drag you. Don't play tough, I need to know this."

As he continues to patch him up over the course of the next 15 minutes, Dan struck up conversation. "So, what's your name? Where are you from?"

[info]Rolling medical checks in the next post.

Dan is going to build a fire using Lynne's fire pit. He plans to warm the food that's in the cans (using the cans as pots) and serve it to Lynne and Grey.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Medical Edu rolls for First Aid. Using 2 AP
[blockquote]First:  3d6+2 : 6, 2, 5 + 2, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Second:  3d6+2 : 2, 4, 5 + 2, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne had almost forgotten about the second person, after seeing her cousin on this island. He seemed friendly enough, and his suggestion to move camp was already something she had planned on doing. It would be even better if she was staying with Letina. "Hi Dan, i'm Lynne, which you probably gathered. The guy laying there is Grey. I planned on moving camp when we could, even more so after all of those... bodies floated in over night. If we can get some help moving our things, I think we could make the trip." She was relieved, there were finally other people who were in better shape than she was to help out. She didn't plan on being a leech, but a day or two of rest would do her good and set her up for the long haul.

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

"Zey must be here!" Vinny said as if there was someone nearby. "I can smell zem!" Something was close. He had picked up on the scent the day before when he came across the dirty lizard. After Felix's unfortunate kerfuffle with the creature, he had to trek back to camp with the shiny Magikarp limp in his arms. But after a day of rest and after searching the bodies along the beach for anything that might help, Vinny couldn't stay away from the jungle. He knew it was here. He knew he smelled a Magikarp.

He looked for the signs. Water had to be near. Granted, the ocean was full of water and Magikarp generally didn't mind its salt at all, but the Magikarp enthusiast knew deep in his heart that the most pure Magikarp were found in fresh water. And that had to be his goal - to find the purest Magikarp in the world and become its best friend. Kimmel would have reservations, but Vinny believed his lifelong pal could rest assured it would never be outdone. Even Felix, the shiniest Magikarp in the universe as far as Vinny knew, could never surpass Kimmel.

But there were certainly other Magikarp that could come close. Vinny wanted a whole team of them, and he would not rest for an instant until the most pure orange fish in all the land had been found!

He stepped through some vines that were hanging low, gently pushing them out of the way as he followed his nose. It had to be neary. It just had to. A lake, a river, a stream, a gully, anything. Maybe even a waterfall! That would be the best place to look. So far he hadn't so much as heard a single drop of water except for what dew had accumulated on the leaves of trees around him. He was sure no Magikarp would be found hiding in mere drops of the savory liquid! No normal Magikarp, anyway.

But that was it, wasn't it? What if there were tiny Magikarp? What if he had gone all this time not seeing bunches of baby Magikarps hiding right under his nose! And how many times had he sneezed on them while they were hiding there? Moreover, why were they hiding under his nose in the first place? That didn't seem like a conventional or smart thing to do.

Now he was getting away from the basis of his thoughts. His efforts to find the fabled fish had gone unquelled for so long that he was losing focus! Maybe he should take a rest. Felix surely would appreciate that, and he hadn't said hello Kimmel at all this morning! The poor Magikarp was probably worried sick!

Without thinking twice, he released both of his beautiful Magikarp friends. Felix and Kimmel took form before his eyes, and for a long moment, he had to fight hard to keep himself from crying tears of pride. Their very presence was overwhelming, and that he was friends with both of them... What an amazing life he was leading. Truly anyone should be proud of a trainer with such unbelievably mesmerizing Pokémon.

"Vhat if ve rested for a moment? I szink I can see some berries in zat bush over zere!" He hadn't noticed at first, but across from him was a bush full of red dots that couldn't be anything but a berry! How lucky!

And then another thought crossed his mind. As the two Magikarps rushed over to the bush, Vinny was reminded of the lizard he had caught the day before. Klaus! He probably knew the jungle better than any of them! He at least would know where to look to find the elusive freshwater spring - the place where he would find his Magikarp!

He took the Poké Ball in his hand, unsure of what the Treecko would think, this being the first time it would see the outside world since it was caught. What if it tried to escape? What if it didn't like Vinny? He hated to think that even a non-Magikarp would find him in bad taste. This Treecko belonged to him now, and he had to make sure it valued his friendship as much as any Magikarp would!

After a moment of mulling over how he wanted the next few moments to play out, Vinny released the Pokémon and held his breath in anticipation.

Treecko was startled at first. Although he was in the same forest as before, his surroundings were quite different from where he had last seen the world. The berry bush he had last been trying to forage from was gone. And so was his favorite leaf! He looked around, taking in his surroundings and hoping that he might be able to find his way back to that leaf, but knew that he may have lost it forever. If the worst came to worst, he would have to find a new favorite leaf. A better one! But for now, it seemed he had more pressing matters to deal with. The creature that captured him was watching him closely, most likely angry at him for hurting its friend. He wasn't sure if he should be scared or angry at the latest series of events. The fleshy human leaned over the Treecko, blocking out some of the sunlight that peered through the trees. It seemed to be waiting for him to gain some composure, to which the Treecko obliged.

"Klaus, meine Freunde," it began, awkwardly forming words as if it were thinking of them only as quickly as it spoke them, "Ve have not properly met yet. Mein name is Vinny Drechsler!"

The captor had Klaus' attention, but the gecko Pokémon still wasn't on the best of possible terms with it. Treecko wasn't sure if he even wanted to properly meet this creature. He took a step back and crossed his arms, considering for a moment that he should make a run for it and go back to his life in the forest, eating berries and admiring that amazing leaf, but ultimately he decided to give this... thing a chance. Maybe it could provide him with the protection he so frantically yearned for in times of trouble. It seemed friendly enough and he could certainly do without the added stress of running from predators.

"You are ze berry-loving type, ja?" the human continued, "Ze berry bush offers us its best!" it pointed to a bush behind him, where two Pokémon were happily munching away.

Klaus looked, but paused for a moment to weigh his options. This creature didn't seem too bad. He could still attempt an escape if situations took a sudden turn,m or he assumed as much anyway. If that was a success, then he could just return to his old life. He could also humor the trainer for a while; join in their berry eating in the middle of the forest and then hope he would either be able to escape or be allowed to go free, however unlikely that might be. Or, lastly, he could embrace this promising new life, where he would have friends, protection, food, and a cozy place to rest when he wasn't feeling active.

The short conscientious debate in his mind ended once he weighed the outcomes. He would give this "Vinny" a chance and in doing so hopefully create for himself a better life. Surely this was the best decision, right? The other Pokémon looked so happy with their lives.

Klaus nodded, having made his decision, and crept over to the Magikarp and Torchic, unsure of how they would react to having a new friend, especially after the very same "friend" had just pummeled one of them. He was surely treading on broken glass by now. He could see the Torchic still had bruises and at least one scar from their previous encounter. Could he possibly be forgiven already?

He froze immediately once he saw the Torchic had noticed him. He avoided eye contact, shooting glances left and right at the shrubs and trees, perhaps finding a new favorite leaf, but ultimately returned his gaze to the chick Pokémon in front of him.

"Treeec-ko?" he greeted sheepishly. The Torchic didn't seem nearly as angry as Klaus would have expected. It continued to watch him. Treecko was still frozen in place, one hand on the ground below him and one reaching ahead of him mid-step. It was a bit of an awkward position, but at the risk of being slightly uncomfortable, he would stay frozen until he was sure it was safe to go on. There was no telling if this bird had harnessed its power over fire yet and he wasn't about to be cooked alive.

"Torchic!" the bird finally replied, smiling warmly.

Was this all real? Was forgiveness really that easy for them? Klaus let out his breath, happy to find that he may indeed be able to make friends with this happy little group. This Torchic hardly seemed to have any hard feelings about the fight from before. He actually seemed genuinely happy to have Klaus as a friend, although Klaus still had his reservations. He glanced back behind him at the human, who was still sitting on the ground watching them. Had it taught these two to be so friendly? This indeed was starting to look like a family he would like to be a part of.

He crawled closer to the berry bush. The Magikarp clearly wasn't so concerned with the approaching gecko. It was quite focused on trying to bounce and flop around to grab the berries out of the tree. Treecko took that as an opportunity to affirm that he likewise was happy to join their circle. He stood upright as he reached the bush, crawled up to the point where he knew the best berries would grow from, grabbed the biggest, juiciest, ripest berry he could find, and held it out to the fish Pokémon.

The Magikarp paused for a moment, laying on its side and observing the Treecko with one eye. For a fleeting moment, the Magikarp appeared as though it wouldn't accept Klaus' offering, but the moment passed and Klaus could see that the Magikarp was unbelievably thankful to the Pokémon and took the berry with gratitude. It was in that moment that Klaus knew this was the beginning of a beautiful new life.

The rest had ended up lasting much longer than Vinny had planned for. Nearly an hour, in fact, but he decided it was worth it. A Magikarp enthusiast, though he be, it was really great seeing the newest addition to his team getting along so well with the rest of them. The Pokémon had long finished their berry snack and had found themselves playing with each other under Vinny's supervision. In a stroke of good judgment, he had decided that it would be best for the Treecko to interact with the Pokémon without any human interference. This stroke likely wouldn't happen again.

But alas, the time had come to continue their trek northward. The sun was getting lower in the sky and he had left that morning hoping to find water and have a small shelter built before the last of the daylight had disappeared over the horizon. Time was running low.

"Kimmel! Felix! Klaus! Ze time has come!" he called over the sounds of them having fun together.

The three Pokémon stopped their games and turned their attention to their trainer. They knew their playtime had come to an end. Likely they would be returned to their Poké Balls to get as much rest as possible in case they were needed later on. All of them were quite okay with this. Out in the middle of the forest they were bound to find trouble sooner or later.

"I hope ze three of you enjoyed your play! But I'm afraid ve must go. It is getting late." The Pokémon nodded and he retrieved their Poké Balls. Instead of returning all three, however, he kept Klaus on the outside. The Treecko seemed confused.

"Klaus, I require your assistance!" he began, elucidating the gecko with every word. "Zere is vater on zis island, no? A lake or river? Vould you lead us to it?" Even if Klaus couldn't, Vinny assumed he probably could find water given enough time, but being shown the way would be so much quicker and easier.

The Treecko put a finger to his chin in thought. It was true he had been to many watering holes around the forest, but which was the closest from here? And where exactly was "here"? He had been through much of the forest, but their location wasn't an area he was familiar with. His area of expertise was more on the eastern side of the island, where all the best leaves were. This was perhaps the farthest west he had ever been.

And that was where he settled it. Judging by the position of the sun, he could easily find his way back east. And he knew of a watering hole where he could find all of his favorite leaves! Without leaving a moment to waste, Klaus gave himself a quick start in leading his new friend to water.

[info]Vinny has Klaus lead him to water on the island. Rolls will be in the next post.[/info]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Fellow Rabbit

[blockquote]Vinny's Perception:  2d6-2 : 6, 3 - 2, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Treecko's Perception:  3d6 : 1, 3, 2, total 6[/blockquote]