Day 2: Queen of the 90's Dumb PokeBall

Started by Throndir, January 21, 2016, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[okay]Silcoon 1 takes 6 damage[/okay][error]Blaise takes 7 damage and is poisoned.
Blaise takes 11 damage[/error]

QuoteDamage Taken
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, fainted
Blaise: 18, poisoned
Silcoon 1: 15[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"One more time, Blaise!"

[spoiler=Blaise Scratches Silcoon 1]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
Scratch: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+16 : 6 + 16, total 22[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Letina Again Tosses a Ball]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[okay]Silcoon 1 takes 9 damage
You caught Silcoon 1![/okay][error]Blaise takes 5 damage from poison and an injury.
Blaise takes 11 damage[/error]

QuoteDamage Taken
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, 2 injuries (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Blaise: 35, poisoned, 1 injury (-SATK)
Silcoon 1: 24, caught
Silcoon 2: 0[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"We did it! Good job, Blaise!" Letina congratulated her Torchic. "But we're not done yet. Lets get that other one so it can be with its friend!"

With what looked like some sort of bird sigh and rolling of eyes, Blaise did as he was told. He dove into the bushes, his claws outstretched once more.

[spoiler=Blaise Scratches Silcoon 2]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
Scratch: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+17 : 7 + 17, total 24[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Letina Again Tosses a Ball]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 95, total 95[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[okay]Silcoon 2 takes 12 damage[/okay][error]Blaise takes 12 damage. Pokeball used up.[/error]

QuoteDamage Taken
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, 2 injuries (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Blaise: 47, poisoned, 2 injury (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Silcoon 1: 24, caught, 1 injury (-ATK)
Silcoon 2: 12[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

She wanted to help Blaise. She hated seeing her Pokémon get hurt like this. The Torchic acted all tough, but he really was a softy when you got to know him. When he fainted, Letina returned him, apologizing for the turn of events and thanking him for his hard work. He really was a good boy.

Biting her lip, Letina looked over at Quilz. Oh, her wonderful Quilz. Her ever-so-ultra-cuddly Quilz. So-soft-and-squishy Quilz. The most adorable Pokémon in the entire world. Was this Silcoon really worth putting Quilz in danger? No! Quilz was a lover, not a fighter! Blaise and Coalee actually enjoyed it, but there was no way Quilz would like it! She would be more likely to try to cuddle!

"Silcoon, come on out!" Quilz aside, it was her only Pokémon left. It probably would not listen to her, and that was fine. She did not expect it to attack its friend. What she actually wanted was to try to get its friend to join them. Squatting down beside it, she made eye contact. "Look, I'm really sorry for how things turned out. I'll promise, I will find a way to make it up to you. I don't want you to battle your friend, but if your friend won't come with us, then I want you to at least be able to say goodbye."

That said, she set an empty ball down on the ground nearest the still wild Silcoon. If it wanted to join her, then it could. She wanted it to join her, but really... She was not the kind of person to make friends battle each other. Not that she would not stop... Beauty? from attacking her friend to force it to join...

[spoiler=Just in Case its Needed]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 91, total 91[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

One last Charm attempt: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 5, 5, 6 + 2, total 18[/blockquote]

Throndir

You see the Silcoon hop its way over to its companion. As you stare at them you see your Silcoon make strange noises, while the other Silcoon replied back in the same strange language. They started off amiably at first, but soon enough you could tell that their discussion became more and more heated. Finally the still-wild Silcoon simply turned its back on its companion and made a sounds akin to a 'hmph'.

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

It seemed the other Silcoon did not wish to join its friend. Well, if that was what it wanted. "Come on, Silcoon. We need to head back to my camp before it starts getting dark. I have other friends there to help us stay safe. But first, how about we pick out a name for you? What do you think of Beauty?"

Once the name was settled, Letina returned her Pokémon to their balls and started to pack up the berries that everyone had picked. She decided to give the Silcoon a little more time to think before it made its final decision and chose to leave the empty ball where it could still get into. If it did not go into the ball before she finished, she would pick the ball up and head back.

Throndir

The first Silcoon cooed at its new nickname, an seemed to say something to its companion. However the wild Silcoon still continued to pretend to ignore. When it came to gathering your things, it was apparent that you were starting to go. The wild Pokemon glanced every so often, its gaze seeming to be more and more solemn the further you got into your proceedings. When the captured Silcoon was returned to the Pokeball, the wild one made a sound akin to a gasp, and simply stared back at you. It seemed to whimper, and it seemed sad.

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Looking back at the other Silcoon one last time, Letina moved over to the ball she had set down. Silcoon were harder to read than Pokémon like Quilz, Blaise, and Coalee, but she felt like it was torn between what it should do. She understood, it would be leaving the life it had grown up in to travel with a stranger. It probably had made all sorts of plans for the future, and she had just come along and snatched up its friend. The situation made her feel bad, but she knew these guys would be so helpful to her and the camp. And she was not lying when she said that it would be safer with her than in that berry bush. While their idea for choosing to nest where they would not have to go far for food was good, she was sure they had not thought that predators would come along and find them. They were lucky she found them and not something worse.

"You're still free to join me if you want." Letina crouched down. "I don't really want to take your friend away from you, but she seems pretty content in joining me now and I'll definitely do my best to keep her safe and help her become strong so she can protect herself against predators. I could help you, too, if you have changed your mind." She held out the ball one last time.

[spoiler=Charm, just in case.][blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 5, 1, 4 + 2, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The Silcoon hesitated at first, but eventually it decided to creep up forward. She stared long and hard at you for a few moments, its eyes both hopeful and worried at the same time. But it seemed to have made up its mind, and before long it tapped the Pokeball that you held out, and soon enough the familiar red glow captured the second Silcoon.