Day 2: Queen of the 90's Dumb PokeBall

Started by Throndir, January 21, 2016, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Letina only.[/info]Both of the Silcoon were wide awake, and you found your hand still stretched into the bushes. Luckily you still had time before they could react. You know you had your Pokemon right behind you, and with how dense the bushes were, it was hard for the Silcoon to move anywhere else.

QuoteTurn order
[spoiler]Letina
Silcoon 1
Silcoon 2[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

This was ridiculous. She must have gotten a fluke ball. Perhaps it had been damaged in the storm. How else could a sleeping Pokémon she had just touched with a ball escape from it? And now both of them were awake. Dropping the now useless ball, Letina did the only thing she could think of to try to make them not upset with her.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you. You just looked so adorable sleeping there, but I really don't think this is the safest place to sleep. You see, this is a berry bush and scary Pokémon are bound to find you hiding in these bushes while they search it for food. And since I could really use your help, I thought it might be best for all of us if you came with me. I'm sorry, I should have asked you first." She tried to pet the nearest Silcoon, hoping her strokes would help to soothe it. If this failed, perhaps she could offer it a berry? She could think of only two reasons why they might have chosen this bush. Either they chose it to hide in and feed off of while in this form or the berries were poisonous and they had hoped the berries would drive off would-be predators.

Throndir

Ella

[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 1, 1, 6 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]

Throndir

You were calming, and though the two Silcoon were wary at first, even fearful, they relaxed their guard somewhat, but still viewed you suspiciously.

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"So..." Letina tried to think of something else to ease the tension. Guess she would have to go with the berries. "These berries, are you hiding here because they're edible and provide a food source for you? Would you like me to pick some for you?" She picked a couple of the berries and held them out to the two.

Ella

Charm: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 1, 4, 2 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]

Throndir

The Silcoon cowered back, further retreating into the bushes. They didn't seem to like humans, or at the very least, they seemed to want to get away.

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Either the berries were poisonous or the Silcoon were just as tough mentally as they were physically. Fine, they would do it the hard way. "Coalee, fetch!" Letina instructed the Houndour. She did not want to use ember on the Silcoon, especially while they were still within the berry bush that Quilz and Blaise were still picking berries from.

The Houndour knew what is mother meant. She was to crawl into the bush and grab one of the Silcoon to bring it out.

[spoiler=Coalee Grapples Silcoon 1][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 4, 4 + 2, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-3 : 10 - 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Throndir

The Houndour successfully grappled one of the Silcoon. However its companion attack.

[error]Coalee takes 11 damage.[/error]The first Silcoon attempted to free itself, but failed, though it did respond by attempting to attack Coalee who had successfully pinned it down.

[error]Coalee takes 7 damage.[/error]
QuoteDamage Taken
[spoiler]Coalee: 18
Silcoon 1: 0, Stuck, Trapped,[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Coalee struggled to keep a hold of the Silcoon in her mouth, deciding to bite down a little to warn the creature to stop.

[spoiler=Coalee uses Struggle (Biting the Silcoon)][blockquote]Rolled 1d8+14 : 8 + 14, total 22[/blockquote][/spoiler]

"Its okay." Letina said to the Silcoon as Coalee brought it closer. "I don't want to hurt you." Pulling out another ball, she held out to touch the Silcoon. "You'll be safer in here."

[spoiler=Letina tries to capture the Silcoon again!]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 72, total 72[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

Throndir

[okay]Silcoon 1 takes 9 damage[/okay][error]Coalee takes 7 damage. Takes 1 injury.
Coalee takes 16 damage and is knocked out.[/error]

QuoteDamage Taken
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, fainted
Silcoon 1: 9[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

"Good job, Coalee!" Letina called, returning the dog to her ball. She was sad that her Pokémon had to take the abuse, and felt bad that Coalee had fainted. She would have to treat her later... Somehow. Looking at her other two Pokémon, Letina decided who to send up next. Blaise was still picking berries, but she was sure he was just itching to join in.

"Blaise, I know you want to show this Silcoon who is boss!" She called to him. She had really wanted them to be on friendly terms with the Silcoon so that they would be more likely to help out at camp, but it looked like she had no choice. "Do your thing!"

Blaise dropped the berry he had been holding in his beak whilst watching the Houndour and its mother attempt to capture the Silcoon. All the while, he had wished he could just join in. He knew he could get the job done. Jumping forward, Blaise stretched out his claws. If he cut open the Silcoon and it died, at least they could clean out its shell to use for carry the berries or something.

[spoiler=Blaise Scratches Silcoon 1]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
Scratch: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+16 : 3 + 16, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Letina Again Tosses a Ball]Accuracy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Capture: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 69, total 69[/blockquote][/spoiler]