[Luke Valantine Leyline] Saint's Grace Highrise Penthouse

Started by Mysticsage, May 31, 2015, 11:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

The Saint's grace apartments building lords above the largest hospital in the city, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Now most people would think living almost within spiting distance of the largest emergency and trauma center in all of New York city would be insane especially if you wanted to sleep well at night. But, Luke had found that nearly eighty stories up and with the right sound proof windows no one could hear a thing. Luke had set up this atelier with great care despite the various add-ons that the three story apartment already possessed like a gym, a library, and high end internet he had added his own improvements.

He had turned the study into a magical workshop that helped him with his many different magical arts, locked the space off from any prying eyes who did not possess his permission or the power to see it, and had a staff of homunculus to help him keep everything including himself in order. He also created a number of lesser magical security spells in case someone wanted to try and force their way in. He could even speed up time within its walls so that a minute outside would be an hour inside the home. All told the mysterious student had created quite a home for himself hear and it was all being fueled and strengthened by the city's own Leylines.

The hospital had managed to shift some of the magical pathways that crisscrossed the world with its wealth of energy that had accumulated there from all of the sick and dying. That energy feed back into the pathways and created another one of the spots where the lines intersected and his apartment building was close enough to share that space. Using several rituals he had managed to find a home that sat almost directly on a large pool of renewable mana. Few mages could say the same but then again Luke always was the gambling type and this time all his hard work had managed to pay off in the end.

Mysticsage

Luke sat in his wheelchair looking from above the clouds out his floor to ceiling windows at the city beyond. In the next room his homunculus were busy preparing the summoning circle that he had been planning out. That was one thing they excelled at doing following instructions to the exact letter only one or two of them were able to really think for themselves beyond the home. Those who did have personalities seemed to develop them almost entirely on their own with very little input or shaping from him. He would have to remember to look in on the subject once he had some more free time and tournament session was over. Wheeling around from the stunning midnight vista he moved into the den with all of his gaming materials.

He had built this life from playing games, and his families wealth, once his family had died and his elder brother went off to live a life he made for himself in Japan. He had offered almost forced Luke to follow him. And he supposed after this he would, but for now he had done enough writing and playing to build this place for himself and get to the top. All while staying unknown, he had made sure to not to do any kind of interview and to keep his identity a secret he was only 15 after all and was only good at games because he had plenty of free time growing up always being in hospital. His mother had always used magic to aid in his health and taught him much of what he and his brother knew. This was his chance to test his mettle and he did not want to miss his only chance to join.

He was about to enter the most risky game of his entire life and he had to admit that he was more then a little bit excited to see what the dice had in store for this little venture. He wheeled up to the mahjong table which sat in the middle of the room and flipped over a tile from the arranged walls. The North Wind Honor tile greeted him. He wondered where his guiding wind would bring him. It was then that one of his servants walked up behind him, the job had been completed.  "Right then I guess its time for me to start," he said allowing himself to be wheeled into the workshop.
---
At his station sat the plans of the ritual and a single worn leather book that had seen better days. It was a miracle that the thing was not dust just siting on the table because it appeared as if a stiff breeze would reduce it to ash. It had taken a great deal of research to find the original journal of William Shakespeare that contained the first completed draft of Midsummer's Night Dream. But using his own abilities to look into the past and track the path of the journal it had been easier to find. The best foci he could find for a Servant who could cover everything that look needed to play the game for the grail.

Looking down at the sigil that he had painted at the ground he could not help but smile. He had used the information he had found in his mother's diary and had added his own flair with two extra rings of both Celtic and Japanese script as extra paths to concentrate the power from the leyline. A kind of east meets west approach that he was curious how it would affect the final product if at all. 

Leaning forward in his chair he waited till the moonlight hit directly at the center of the circle he threw the book a branch from a blooming plum tree and a sprig of mistletoe into the center.

Oh hear me master and king of the Realm of Magic
I call to you from across the void to ask for your power to guard over mine
This contract bound between us created from our wills
My power aided with that of the land that I call home shall create your body for your soul to inhabit born from your combined hearts.
I ask that you step past the threshold and join me in this game for the grail Great Caster Auberon
Join with me and lets have some fun in this game!
[/color][/b][/i]

Meta

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/TlEvS1YcIWc&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

The blooming branch and the mistletoe began rustling in the circle as a gust of wind danced by its borders.  It was a soft, sweet sound as the beginning of a melody.  The inscriptions and runes began to glow gold as the attunement to the ley lines was secured.  From these lines, hallowed, mystical leaves of pure, brilliant light emerged, flowing about in this confined space, the force of the wind growing stronger and stronger.

With a sudden movement the book was opened and its pages began to flip quickly under the force of the wind, taking part in this spectacle of light as roots began to sprout and a flower rose from it, twirling and blooming layer by layer, until it filled the entire area of the circle.  As the last few petals were about to open, it all burst, turning into dozens of fairies, scattered all over the room.

Standing right where the flower had once been was a tall figure, his form slender and covered by a large cloak of green.  This being, despite any lighting had a golden gleam about him, showing his undoubtedly supernatural inclination.  His blue eyes gazed down at the one that had called upon him.

"You speak of games and entertainment, of guard and use of nature's power.  Summoning a king for any of those reasons is rather bold..."
He stated, leaving his feelings on the matter unclear as far as his tone was concerned.

Mysticsage

"Perhaps, one of these reasons is a bit presumptuous, but I'm asking for all of them. This is a game only suited for bold choices if you don't want to end up accidentally dead. Besides, you must admit a child stuck in a chair unable to stand asking for the help of a king is somewhat interesting and maybe worth sticking around for." Luke opened his arms to display the metal chair he was sitting in even further showing the fact that he was stuck where he sat.

"This is a gamble for me so I figured when risking your life you ask for the most help possible"
he said with a smirk. "What do you say Lord of the fey will you bind your fate with mine even if only for a short time?"

Luke did not know what would happen if the lord refused, but he was not going to push his luck much further. If he tried to force his will on someone as powerful as we was talking to. Not to mention that he had added things to the circle and he was unsure what exactly that would cause if anything. What if the spell simply stopped working? Well for now all he could do was simply wait and watch for the consequences of his choice in servant to come out.

Meta

Auberon left the room to the near-silence of rustling leaves at his feet and the low hum of the pixies holding up his cloak.  Luke was the focus of his curiosity at the time, though he left dubious his thoughts on what he was seeing.

He reached into his pockets, taking from it a white lotus and placing it upon Luke's hand.  The king of fairies then offered the young man a smile.  "I admire the boldness.  No less than a king would ask this much from another.  Let this flower be the sign of my acceptance."  With that said, Caster looked over his shoulder at the windows, gazing at the city before them, the weather seeming to clear up some in their area.  "Together, we will claim the golden cup, the one fit only for those that inspire leadership and greatness.  Whatever competitors we may find will be tested against our honorable claim."

Mysticsage

Luke let out a sigh of relief now that the pact had been completed, though hearing the spirits next statement set him on edge the prize itself was not his main focus. He took the gift with a smile sealing the pact though his mind was elseware, for him, at this moment it was more important to be a simple part of the game itself, he had no concern for if he won or lost at that moment. His goal was to simply play the game. Though he doubted that his new servant cared to here his viewpoint at this moment, so it was best just to push on.

"Well, I guess I should welcome you to the place where you will be staying for the time being, I'm sure this is nothing compared to where you ruled, but we call it home." All told their was now a handful of people living in this three story penthouse suite, and it would take some figuring to find a space for the new addition. "For the time being, you are going to have to bunk in my room while I'm on the sofa down here" he said wheeling himself out into the living area to start the tour. The homunculus were busy doing other tasks in the house.

Luke took his time showing him every room explaining their uses. Trying his best to answe any questions that came up personal or otherwise.

While the king surprisingly seemed to understand the modern world Luke still took his time explaining things like the stairlift or the arms he had built on all the toilets and showers and why they were there. It was in the middle of explaining his mahjong table that he realized this was really the first time he had invited someone over to his home. Sure he had friends, but this realization made hike realize just how isolated he was.

But it didn't faze him to much he was busy looking after his new guest. He was so preoccupied that he had yet to notice the tattoo that had formed on his hand, and  when they finally got all the way back to the beginning he transferred to the leather Sofa. "So partner do you need anything? A meal. To mark your territory? Some sleep? To be honest that spell wiped a lot of my energy I think I added to much of my personal curiosity to the ritual." He yawned despite himself.

Meta

Auberon took in his surroundings in austere silence as he followed Luke, giving the occasional nod or sign of understanding as he was shown around.  It was of more interest, however, to observe Luke as the young man conveyed all this information to him.  How he reacted to each room, or how he spoke of the homunculus working in each chamber.

It was not until the moment that the tour had ended that the king spoke once more.  "I am certain that, all considered, it has been an ordeal to call upon my presence and usher me into this world.  Get your rest, Luke Valentine.  In very much the same manner you have those to tend to yourself, I can manage with what I have.  We will discuss our steps in this game once you feel prepared to do so." 

With that said, he placed upon his fairies the task of further accommodating his bed to suit his needs, not only by extending its size to fit someone of his height but also placing upon it many pillows, while other fairies carried his cloak and crown to an appropriate place to be kept while the elf himself sat down, awaiting for the fairy that had been left in charge to bring him a cup of wine.