Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]additional d10

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 9, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[spoiler]Can I sacrifice a round or two to spend charging up the arm cannon in a more concentrated attack?[/spoiler]

Cursing under breath, she began charging up her cannon again. This time she would ensure the cannon was at its max capacity, spending more time to replenish and gather its energy reserves before releasing the pent up energy out all at once.

"Just a little bit more!" Mindsense said aiming her cannon towards the structure again. She glanced at Bookkeeper, trying valiantly to keep the obelisk's protector busy. If only gathering plasmatic energy were faster!

She made a mental note to upgrade that later.

Hasabushi

[spoiler]You'll need to row a percentile 1D100 or two 1D10's  (for chance of getting an extension (50%)) and a 1D4 (extra rounds), as it could fade at any moment. Plus you lose any bonuses to dodge or attack for those rounds, due to singular focus, you still retain your damage bouns.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Requested rolls:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 83, total 83[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[spoiler] so it will stay active for your next 3 posts, however you will have to row percentile for each round. So charge away :D[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Bookkeeper's eyes were heavy, and his mind was throbbing in fatigue. He'd not used his powers so strenuously and in such quick succession since his days on the streets a year or so ago. It was rough, and he didn't miss this feeling at all. He couldn't move well, and felt that every action could push him over the edge. He could see his shield cracking, and knew it was only a matter of time. But all he could do was wait.

And that's what scared him most. He could do nothing on the face of such a foe, in his current condition. And any more attacks on the obelisk would leave him helpless. All he could do was rely on these two strangers to finish the job, and afford them some rest.

"Hurry...! I can't do any more than this!"

[info]Bookkeeper holds position, making himself a sort of bait while the others acted.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"You're gonna have to hold out!" Mindsense yelled out as she continued charging her weapon. She sent out her mind to her own body, probing and trying to rewire any more strength, even her own life force to the next attack. She didn't know how much longer the kid could hold out, but she would make use of this chance.

[info]Percentile roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 86, total 86[/blockquote]

Will shoot out depending on Sigil's resolution for his action.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]i got a two i'm not much help to ya but i have a plan maybe to help bookkeeper if the dice allow[/info]

Hasabushi

[spoiler] Need a 1D20 for durability on shield for Bookkeeper vs DC 13[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]Shield Durability:  1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

Sigil
[DAMAGE]
SCT: None
DMG: Healthy
ERT: Needs at least 30 minutes of downtime to recover.
MND: Exhausted

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 20
VILLAIN: 0

You are unable to obtain any more information about the object, you mind feels almost clouded/blocked as you try to probe further. You are exhausted but still on your feet. -5 to all actions.

Mindsense
[DAMAGE]
ERT: Healthy
MND: Focused
STATUS: Overcharged, Shielded (energy/physical) 1D6+4 additional damage,  +5 vs energy/physical.

Mindsense is charging weapon for this round. Now +4 to damage.

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 15

Bookkeeper
[DAMAGE]
ERT: 30 minutes of rest needed.
MND: Exhausted
STATUS: exhausted, Neutral word in effect. +5 vs energy/physical, -5 ANY TASK

A crack appears in the shield, but by some miracle it still manages to hold. Bookkeepers knees are beginning to buckle as the strain is overwhelming, but he still manages to stand. Gains 5 Hero points for protecting others.

[ALIGNMENT]
HERO: 25

Linwelin

[spoiler][info]So I don't forget, Spent 25 hero points to gain the Fear/Focus/Clear Power Word combo (new power).

Will post actions later.[/info][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The energies were coalescing together, building up in power in her arm cannon just under the slick metal encapsulated in a plasmatic core. Her output reader was already beyond the recommended levels, but she ignored the warnings as more of the energy was built up. Bookkeeper was barely holding, and she knew she had to act soon. Her cannon was close to shutting down forcefully too, being used for a purpose it didn't necessarily could handle. But she trusted her father's invention, and with all the modifications she had done to it too, surely it will hold out.

Just when she saw notices of critical failure on her displays did she finally release the blast with all the pent up energy it had acquired.

"Eat this."

[blockquote]Suggested roll for attack 3d6+4 : 1, 1, 2 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Things were getting desperate the shot Mindsense did less damage then he had hoped and Bookkeeper was just barely minutes away from faltering. He only hoped what little damage was done to this obelisk would be enough to put a fault in the system or at the very least give him an opening. He quietly floated to the back of the black stone  away from whatever was attacking them and placed a hand on it. This thing was packed with so much energy he thought that he might just be able to force it to short circuit. After all magics biggest constraint is the vessel it was held in. He began channeling what little energy he had left full well knowing he would pass out at the end of it at least to cause a bit more havoc. If he did not do something BK would be in quite a bit of trouble in the very near future.

[info]
Rolling study check as a bonus action just to see if i can learn anything from it.

going to willingly push myself to unconscious to get some kind of bonus on overloading or at least damaging the thing

energy attack
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-5 : 18 - 5, total 13[/blockquote]

[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Study check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-5 : 14 - 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[/info]