[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

It must have been a delayed reaction, as when you said the words nothing happened at first. But sure enough you heard the deep grumble of earth against earth as you heard the sound of rocky boulders scrape against each other. Soon enough a section under the platform started to protrude outwards, as if sections of the tall plateau you stood on reached out towards the lower islands. It made a makeshift stair, but the cut was clean and precise, it had a sense of dwarven make about it. Before you was a set of stairs that lead down to the lower islands that connected to the central building.

Linwelin

"Hah!" Kin exclaimed with a smile. "If only Bran Bran could see me now. She'd probably still want me dead, but surprising her is always fun." Of course, the surprise was, 'Kin actually has a brain'.

The halfling checked his surroundings before heading down the stairs to the bridged islands. He moved quickly, but stealthily. If there was one thing he'd learned, it's that you're easily seen on a open bridge or stairwell. The sooner he was across, the safer he was. Once across the lava, Kin examined the new island, as well as looked back the way he came to make sure he wasn't being sneaked up on.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+7 : 16 + 7, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

First Platform
Your keen eyes managed to pick out some sort of rocky object that was hard at first to see due to the fact that it blended so well with its surrounding. It was centered right in the middle of first platform. At first glance it would have looked like a mound of rocks, but as you came closer, you realized that whatever it was, it wasn't quite natural. The rock mound looked to be placed in such a way to feel almost out of place. You moved silently however, and stopped right behind a large rocky outcropping.

Linwelin

"What is it with these dwarves and strange rocks? Well, I guess they're pretty strange themselves." Kin mutters to himself, trying to distract himself from the constant heat. He carefully approaches the rock formation to get a better look, making sure to look behind and in front of himself for any patrols. After all, a bunch of rocks just moved to form a bridge, there's a chance someone heard it.

QuoteLet me know if I need to to roll anything, I'm assuming I'm still working with my last skill checks.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Yes.

Roll initiative. :)[/info]

Linwelin

[info]Shoot.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As you stepped closer and closer to the mount of rocks. It started to move, and to your horror it started to spout two appendages that looked like arms. Soon enough, two glowing gemstone eyes looked towards you. At that moment it stared to rush forward.

But you were prepared, and you knew you would be faster in acting at least before the creature could strike.

[info]Enemy is 20 ft. away.

Initiative:
Player
Enemy

Player to take their turn[/info]

Linwelin

"Oh." It was all Kin could manage to say at the sight of a mound of moving rock. It made sense why it looked so strange now. Kin was starting to regret his decision to run ahead of the rest. Anything made of rock had to be resistant to his kind of weapons. But there was no fleeing. Where would he even go?

"Everything here's trying to kill me anyways, I may as well fight head-on." Kin said in a way that you'd expect to be followed by a shrug. But there was no time for shrugging! The halfling quickly ran forward, brandishing his favored greatsword and slashing the creature across its rocky form.

[info]Kin runs up and smacks it with his sword. Some things never change.

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+5 : 2, 6 + 5, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As the two of you clashed into melee, your sword cut through the rocky creature, slicing it in half in one strike. The elemental crumbled soon after until it was no more than a lifeless mound of rocks.

[info]Damage Taken
Kin (lethal): 4
Kin (nonlethal): 11[/info]

Linwelin

"...Huh..." Kin rests his greatsword on the ground for a short while, gazing and the lump of rocks. "Didn't expect that." The halfling says as he sheathes his sword and searches the rubble. Was this creature just sitting here for no reason...or..."Was it guarding something?"

[info]Searching the area before moving on (using PF Perception).
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 6 + 9, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

First Platform and Bridge
Apart from the now defunct earth creature, there weren't any other strange things you can pick out from the surroundings. There is a bridge crossing towards the next platform ahead however. The bridge itself was made out of stone, though it had streaks of darkened obsidian in it, as well as a lighter marble. The bridge was made out of various segments, each segment about 8 ft. in width, and 3 ft. in length. There wasn't anything holding up the stone slabs, and to your eye, it looked as if they were simply floating. On each end of the slabs was a long brass chain that looked like they served as some sort of handrail. It seemed to tie the bridge together, hooked to one island and going to the next, though, that too was not connected to the stone slabs.

Linwelin

Kin was not very excited about this bridge. He repeated his own words a moment ago to himself as he prepared to cross. "Everything here is trying to kill me, so I might as well fight head-on...if this bridge fails, I'll trust in my abilities to keep going."

First, the halfling scouted out to the other end before even stepping on the stone sections; he wanted to be sure of what he'd be running into. Once sure he wasn't running into his doom while trying to avoid the doom below him, he took a deep breath, then exhaled.

"Rule number 8 of Scouting and Stealth safety. Bridges only expose you, unless they're obscured it's best to cross them as fast as possible."

And so he ran.

[info]Kin runs across the bridge. Stealthily. Kind of.

[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+9 : 18 + 9, total 27[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics, if needed:  1d20+11 : 6 + 11, total 17[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Due to running across the chasm, will have to include a Stealth penalty.[/info]Running Across the Chasm
You ran across the chasm, and as you stepped on the first stone slab, to your horror it began to fall away. You jumped to the next one, and that too did the same thing. It wasn't horribly difficult, as the time it took to fall only registered half a second when you stepped on each slab, which happened to be just enough time for you to propel yourself to the next one.

But the fall was far, and the more you thought about the fact you were literally jumping on a bridge that was falling apart as quickly as you stepped on it, only made that queasy feeling worse. There was nothing but lava at the very end of the long trip downwards after all. Whether it was pure agility, or simple luck, you managed to start making your way across the bridge, keeping your pace as fast as your feet can carry you. Behind you, you heard the crash of the stone slabs into the lava below as they made an almost plopping sound. There were a couple of times you felt as if a stone slab was just about to slip from underneath you and send you spiraling to your doom, but luckily you kicked off just in time. You did this for each step, pushing off against each slab a moment before they fell, and narrowly making the window each and every time.

Indentation
Finally the end was in sight as you rolled for the final jump, landing with your back against yet another rocky outcropping. You landed facing the bridge you had just ran upon, and indeed the stone slabs were gone, all that remained were the two chains of brass that marked where the bridge had once been. As you had a chance to regain your breath, you noticed what looked like an indentation just where the brass chains connected to the island. You didn't see it at first on the first island due to the fact it blended seemingly well with the landscape, but now that you had a closer look, the indentation looked purposeful, as if something was to be inserted into it.

The Bridge
A few more moments, and you see the first stone slab that had fallen rise back up magically. There was still some lava on it, though even that began to pour off in its incline back upwards. Each of the other stone slabs followed soon after as well, presumably at the same rate they had fallen before, and given a few seconds, you know the bridge would look 'complete' again.

Second Island
As you got your bearings, you notice yet another pile of strange rocks. This time however, it was 'awake', and you keenly saw its two glowing gemstone eyes peering at where you had crossed just moments before. You weren't exactly stealthy in your approach, and the falling stones were indeed give aways to your position. Yet for one reason or another the rocky creature stood still and simply watched. Like the previous island, there wasn't a lot of space on either side to evade it altogether, The width of the island, smaller than the previous one, was about 60 ft. and the creature stood in the center of it with 30 ft. allowance on each of its side. Lengthwise it was longer, and you stood around 60 ft. away from it, with another 60 ft. stretching the other direction to the end of the island.

[info]Another round for the bridge you just ran across to fully form. The rocky creature is around 60 ft. away.[/info]

Linwelin

"Why are you just standing there..." Kin mutters to himself as he stares back at the creature. Though he appreciated not needing to fight right away, as he was getting fairly tired. "This place is really making me brush up on my dwarven...let's see if this helps me out."

Kin clears his throat. Banking on the idea that these elementals and the dwarves co-exist in a non-warlike manner, the halfling speaks as clearly as he can. "Ohr...bi ad skilam?" (Do you understand me?)

[info]Kin attempts to speak to the elemental in dwarven.[/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_