[Shadowrun] Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Started by Oath, January 18, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InhumanRonin

"I understand why you are hesitant about letting me in on this but I assume we arent just going to be flying straight towards any blood mage without knowing the any details. And you are going to need all hands on deck to take one down. If I have to I will prove myself on other jobs if that what you need me to do. Like I have said before if it comes down to me or this mage you can bet your damnedest I am going try and come out on top. So yeah I want in 100%. Takumi rolls down the window and spits out the window and proceeds to continue the conversation.

If you dont mind me asking though what got you tangled up with a blood mage? I can only imagine how you managed to piss it off. Unless you just got lucky and got a hot tip for a big payday."
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"OK first of all no spitting in the car.   I swear to god if you got a single drop of saliva on El D I'm going to use your pants as a shammy to clean it off.    Second of all your assumption that  you get to choose where and when we end up facing of with a blood mage is the kinda thing that might get you killed when they show up without an invitation.  And finally to answer your question: I'm not the one that tangled up with no blood magics.  That would be Mr Green.  I'm in on this as a favor for Mac here.  I personally prefer not to tango with high price bounties as a rule.  Too many dogs after they kinda meat and the meat is usually too tough if it warrants a big bounty.  Anyone with a million yen price tag is bound to have killed more than their fair share of millionaire wannabes and I like not add to that pile."  Roland rolled down his window and stuck his head out to try and see if any of Takumi's spit had blown back onto the car.  "But since we aare now millionaire wannabes guess it doesn't matter.  So since tomorrow is your first day of camp what are you packing?"

InhumanRonin

Takumi had a look of surprise after Roland told him no spitting but quickly shook off his surprise and responded back. "I never intended to choose anything about the mage I was stating that going in without any info sounds like a bad idea. Hm interesting I just figured you would be after a payday that size though I can agree with your reasoning with going after the mage. But hey sometimes you have to risk it all for a big payday." "Takumi then turns to Mac. "How did you manage get involved with this mage if you dont mind me asking?"

Takumi looks back at the front of the car. "As for what I am packing I feel I have enough to get the job done." Takumi the reaches for the bag but as he goes to open it he realizes flashing weapons in the car might not be the smartest idea. "When we get back to Shinji's place I will show you what I have dont want to draw anyones attention."

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"See that's the thing.  It's not about going in blind or spending all your time gathering intel.  It's about realizing that any opposition you face is just as human as you and won't just sit back and wait for us to come to them.  Even if the don't charge out at you, be ready as if they will because anything you do to learn about them gives them a chance to learn about you and they might change their mind.  So you need to prepare to prepare.  How prepared are you right now?  You don't need to show, just tell.  What are you packing, how many guns,  knives, any spare outfits or disguises, fancy gear, things that go boom, what can you hide, what can't you hide, that kinda stuff.  You said you had a bike, any other modes of transport? Something that doesn't leave you out in the open to be shot for example."  At this Roland breathed on the window and drew a smiley face on in the fog before rubbing it away with his sleeve.  "Never really liked bikes, nothing between you and the bullets on them...  You are getting to an important point though.  We need to know more about how this all started.  Mac, care to enlighten us?"

InhumanRonin

Takumi took a deep breathe before run down the equipment he had on him. "Lets see right now I have a couple pistols with suppressors, an assault rifle, my sword, a taser, a sub machine gun, and a few flash paks. Nothing in the way of disguises or spare knifes, which I should pick up in the near future but plenty of bullets on me. I also try to keep these tools around a grappling hook, locker pickers, maglock passkey, and last but not least some rope." Takumi proceed to take a moment to let the list sink in the proceed back into answering Roland's other question.

"As for transportation I mainly have the bike because it is easier and faster to get around. And if I need to make a getaway its easiest to go down alleys and narrow streets. Though I can agree doesn't leave a lot of room for error when it comes in the way of guns or asphalt. As for other modes of transportation I cant say I would use it on a run with out a damned good reason to. You remember that front I brought up earlier? Well it happens to be a ramen truck I am sure it could take some abuse if we needed to but I would rather not use it since its been a big part of my income. Unless of course I can make my way up the ladder working for the Yakuza and can earn enough to replace it. Takumi then turned to the window and preceded to take in the passing of the buildings and landscape as they drove on

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"Huh, got some big guns there.  How good are you at hiding them?  We might be doing some corporate recon in the near future so you are gonna need to be careful with what you bring into the more civilized parts of the city.  The corp sec don't take too kindly to guys walking around with fun toys unless you have something that can pass you off as one of them which might be a bit tough of a sell with the tats."  Roland pulled out his comlink and checked his messages.  Huh, nothing...  Not too surprising at this hour.  I wonder if Shanks is still up.  He returned his comlink to his pocket.  "Also gonna want to be careful with how many of those bullets you bring along.  We probably won't be going through any major checkpoints but too much ammo or explosives can trip a chem sniffer and then its tits up from there.  If we were bringing El D along you wouldn't have a worry.  I could sneak a nuke into Portland with my buddy here."  At this he patted the central console.  "But El Diablo is a bit too conspicuous for recon.  Want to trip as few flags as possible before its showtime and that just ain't his style.  Come to think of it, where do you even take your big guns?  Not a lot of places to hide a rifle on a bike and noodlemobile seems a bit conspicuous."

InhumanRonin

I figure the smaller arms i could easily hide but the AR would be a bit hard to sneak around. The sword shouldn't be too hard to bring places as long as I get a case of some sort to conceal it better the just it being in its sheath. Takumi notices Roland pull out his com-link but decides against asking about that for now. "I don't carry all these on me of course unless I know for sure I am going to need the heavier weapons. If I am taking them along though I tend to try and borrow a vehicle though if need be strap it on underneath me somehow. The AR is right now more of a looker piece though then a user."

Takumi then took a couple of normal breathes then proceeded to follow up about the recon work. "Corp recon you say any chance you can fill me in on the specifics or is that something for another time? Also don't worry I don't plan on going all Rambo with the ammo just enough to be able to get the job done.

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"Ah yeah, I know how that is.  I had myself a Raiden,  Hardly got a chance to use it before I had to sell it though.  Not too many times in my work where you need that level of munition and I needed some quick cash."  Roland absentmindedly scratched an itch on his scalp as he looked out to the road.  "About the corp recon... I don't know too much about it myself.  All I know about the job right now is that the stiff was involved with Aztechnology.  So I figure we might need to do some recon on them.  Mac might know more..."  Roland craned his neck to the backseat.  "Anything you know that we don't Mac?  Something about the job or our 'employer' perhaps?"

Oath

Machiavelli leaned back in his seat with a smirk. "Well. I didn't know he could do that." He pondered a moment, wondering about how Zephyr had kept that trick hidden for so long.

"regrettably, I don't know too much about this current situation. Planned on sending out the feelers to get an idea of what's going on in the morning. Aztechnology seems to be the big player here. We discovered that his buddy had some disturbing data. Gonna try to parse through that too. As for how I got tangled into this myself. Well, you know me. I messed with one too many mages. As it turns out they don't like when you fuck around with them using tech, and Zephyr bailed me out a number of times. I also would rather not be too deeply involved with a blood mage, but you know favors. The guy does his work well but as you can see, he can be a bit... interesting at times. What I can tell you guys for sure, is that I'll get into contact with you when I have a better idea of what is going on. Also we may want to get ourselves some simple work to get to know each other better in the meantime. Any ideas?"

pringerbeam

"Well might want to try and avoid doing too much with Shinji at once, especially with Chopstick here.  Best to keep neutral where syndicates are involved.  Normally I like to round out my jobs by working for different outfits kinda on a rotation so that they know I'm not aligned with anyone too much and to keep in everyone's good graces but I don't know if the triad or mafia would be good for employment opportunities with Chopstick around."  Roland pulled his comlink back out and scrolled through his contacts list to see who might be able to get them work.  "Hmmm...  You know a dwarf goes by King?  Might be able to get some work out of him.  He might be trying to lay low though.  I can see if he has anything for us to do.  You ever moonlight Chopstick or does the clan frown on that?"  Roland tapped out a message to send off to King.  Looking for work. Got a team. Heat should be dead by now from the Tir job so no excuses.  Roland pocketed his comlink.  "Well I have sent a query out.  Dunno if it will net us a job.  You know anyone in the business of employing some pros Chopstick?"

InhumanRonin

"Cant say off hand I know anyone that goes by King and to answer your question I have not done moonlight work. As long as its not rival work or interfering with any other jobs i cant say the clan would have much issue but if nothing else I can see if it would be a conflicting problem. Takumi racked his brain for a few minutes trying to think of anyone that might have work for them.

"Only thing I can think of is if you don't mind possibly doing more work for the clan I can send a message to a friend to see if they know anyone looking for some work. Can't say it will be effective or not but its worth a shot." Takumi pulls out his comm and types up a message to his friend and fellow clansman Makoto Kazuo. Got a team of 4 was wondering if you happened to happened to know if anyone looking for work to be done?

GG - Henon     

Oath

"Can't say i'm too familiar with King either, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had run into him a couple of times. I'll see about some jobs on my end too, Probably too late to get any hits but we can meet up or get into contact in some way tomorrow. I'll leave that up to you guys. If I hear back on anything though I'll be sure to let you know. I know a couple guys that generally need a hand so something might turn up on their end of things. Good work tonight. Guess we should wrap it up back at Shinji's."

[Info] Everyone gets 2 more Karma, because I feel like it! [/info]

Mysticsage

Depending on how much downtime between meetups Zephyr spends most of his time split between his day job at the Holly and Mistletoe and his night gig at the Paper Lantern. When he's not drying herbs or handling the backroom papers for his local magic shoppe he's either performing on stage, bar-tending or dealing with more legal documents for Kyoko. At least his degree in contract law from Tokyo University was getting some use. And dealing with the sudden influx of papers was a good way of getting his mind of things once Kiera was spirited away from danger for now. All the extra night work was to help pay forward her good will for that one an d the fact that he asked her if she had a client for him.

He tended to have to wait a while between when she would give his alter ego run's considering that if he made to much of a scene his persona would not be able to stay away from the limelight as he had up to know. But he hoped considering the circumstances and the fact that he was willing to take a job weather he could wear his mask or not. Just running as Zephyr for the time being versus his entire Phantom Thief persona would hopefully avoid prying eyes. Not that he would not mind going the full nine yards.

What little time he had left at home he spent cleansing it with sage he had gotten from Anders, and trying to connect with Owl and other spirits. Their communications tended to vary from cryptic mentor spirit sitting on his shoulder, to nausea inducing vision quests. But the spirit world always opened up to him even as a child. And while it had been hard to block out all the curious spirits from always clinging to him as a child. Through experience and Owl's protection he could dig for a few good nuggets of information.

[info]If anyone wants to chat with me in the downtime i have they will find me at the Papaer lantern downtown between the hours of 9pm-12

http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php?topic=1558.msg11429#msg11429

/info]

pringerbeam

Roland sat through the silence permeating the car assuming that everyone was starting to wear down as he was beginning to.  He stared at the streetlights as they passed by up until they reached Shinji's place.  He once again pulled into the back alley to Negi's where he arked and stepped out of the car.  "Alright, end of the line Chopstick.  Anything you leave in my car is mine for the taking so don't forget anything."  He stretched his arms and yawned as he headed into the building.  He made his way through the now less crowded main floor once again to Shinji's room.  "OK buddy got the package handed off."  Roland stifled a yawn.  "Hopefully that is the end of this job for the night.  The night wears on and I'm looking to get some sleep."

InhumanRonin

Takumi packs everything up from El D's backseat and put it back into his dufflebag. After securing his stuff from the car Takumi stretches and lets out a big yawn. "Well been a long day I will follow into Shinji's just in cause he has more work if not though I will give you my contact info and head home for the night."

GG - Henon