Responsibility

Started by Throndir, February 08, 2016, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

FoxyPox

I've been staring at this one egg for quite awhile, getting closer and closer. Rose's tail twitched in disdain, probably annoyed that I haven't picked one already.

So many choices. Like which slot machine to sit at. Except they were all... different...

I leaned against the wall. I'd let the others narrow down the choices first. Decisions are not my strongest point.

Linwelin

Daniel watched the chaos unfold, no matter what was said or done to prevent it. At this point, Dan was standing by to prevent things escalating to Pokemon battles for eggs. What he hadn't expected was the cheerful Lynne to burst out in anger and calm the area. The scene must have hit a sore spot with her. It was an impressive scene and speech, seeing the usually-charming girl tear into the crowd of students. Still, it was a mess of an event.

His mood didn't improve as the 'smart' kid passed him tauntingly with an egg. "Kid, I was going to wait until you all were done, but with that attitude, I might just take yours. Watch it." Dan leaned in, grabbing the kid's shoulder as he passed. "You keep that behavior up, especially in the presence of Ms. Firestart and I, and there'll be trouble." With a couple pats on the shoulder, Dan sent the boy on his way.

Seeing that Ms. Firestart was still rather unsettled, Dan decided to take control of the situation further. He walked up to the front, where the eggs were, and stood between them and the students. "Now, let's be a bit more controlled, yes? You're dealing with potential life, and these are all very delicate. We'll have three or so students at a time choose their eggs, so line up into three lines and we'll start. To show you how it's done, let's have those who were patient and acted responsibly choose first. Collette, Foxy, and Lynne! Come on up and make your choice."

Dan smiles at the three of you, nodding thanks for settling the class, and beckons you forward.

[info]Command if I need it:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 3, 5 + 1, total 9[/blockquote]

Dan, with the group more ordered, moves between the students and the eggs to attempt an organized egg-picking.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Valiancy

With her arms rapped around herself tightly she maintains a silence as she watches the cluster of eggs. Her gaze is still fixated on that one, the white and brown with a grassy design on it's "bum".

Did...They forget about me, here? She shudders at the thought of being overlooked but doesn't move to correct it.

Please don't take that one. I don't want to be unsettled.

Mysticsage

Grey watched from his seat waiting for his name to be called  and thought about what was left. Since he was curious if he could guess the type based off of the coloring he decided to go with a blue egg that had a white swirly bottom. This was an opportunity to test his skills with a newborn Pokemon, everyone he had either caught or was given to him, as a gift. He had never been able to see what happened when a Pokemon imprinted and was influenced by a trainer from birth. Though he did always wonder why every species of Pokemon came from eggs. Some like Ponyta was a strange though. He watched the others being called and wondered if he might end up not having an option, not that it mattered. Whatever he got it would be a fun time regardless. He had been studiying a variety of hatchery methods and was looking forward to trying one of the more unique styles.

[spoiler=gm only] naming egg seven if you need to push[/spoiler]

Lady Rune

Despite her embarrassment there was no way Collette was going to let that egg get taken! Perhaps it was selfish, she would admit to that, but that little green and red egg was calling to her. So when Daniel acknowledged Foxy, Lynne, and herself, she took the opportunity to advance to the table. Offering a polite bow of her head in return to his own nod, Collette muttered a shy "thank you" before looking at the eggs lined up before her.

Much to her relief the egg she wanted was still present and she, very carefully, scooped the little treasure up into her arms. She ran her fingers over the pleasantly smooth surface as she turned back towards the classroom, slipping silently away from the crowd. Once free of the crowd, however, Collette couldn't help but notice the trainer staring down the table in silence. Smiling to herself she slipped over to the other girl, carefully nudging Synn's arm with her elbow. "You should go grab one too, while the crowd is still calm."

[Info]Taking number 4![/info]
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Linwelin

[info]Sorry, I didn't realize that I may had held people up on this. Dan organized the crowd, and has called out Collette, Lynne and Foxy to go first, but everyone may pick your eggs. Take too long and we'll do the next round of NPCs grabbing eggs :P[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]I'll wait end of day Thursday for Foxy to pick something. Otherwise I'll move on to next round.

Since Collette, Lynne, and Foxy were called up first, they have priority picks.[/info]

FoxyPox

[info]Foxy Picks Egg Number 22.[/info]

"This... is just a rock. It can't be an egg, can it...?
I sit around, gazing intensely at the "Egg." My Pokedex couldn't scan it through the "Shell." Whatever it was, it seemed impossible to cook, and quite heavy to lift. Perhaps that was a hint to what lay nesting within... if it was this tough as an egg, what about when it finally hatches...?
"I'll take it..."

After a bit of a struggle, I manage to pick it up and steady myself, with the help of a nearby wall. I then continued to inch across the wall, heading to my room.

*Rolling Athletics for making it before the day is out... *~*
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote]

"Um... miss Firestart? You can't catch pokemon eggs, can you? A pokeball is much lighter than an egg..."

Oath

[info]Lynne lets the other PC students go first, and chooses Egg 1.[/info]

Valiancy

[info]Egg #12 to the bimbo pyschic[/info]

After visibly shaking her legs up and down for a majority of the time, Synn makes a weird yelp-groan sound and power walks awkwardly up to the table after so many of the students made choices.

I can't stand it anymore. I'm taking it!

Having swooping up the dear little egg, she cradles it closely in her arms.

Heh...Let's see any of you get this egg /now/.

Her face quickly becomes flushed as the realizes what she did and she stands paused, awkwardly, before returning to her seat.

littlestcrouton

Beth stood by the egg she wanted, fidgeting. She really wanted this egg. She watched as the other three students went first. Beth prayed silently that she would be next to choose her's. She returned to her seat and waited eagerly.

Throndir

Collette, Foxy, Lynne, and Synn
The combined efforts of Lynne calming the class, and Dan directing it eventually made the students fall into line and back into order. Collete, Lynne, and Foxy, being called up by Dan, went first choosing their own respective eggs that they wanted. They made way for Collette readily due to her show from before, and though some students would have wanted to be in front of Foxy, with Dan's command of the situation, they allowed him to pass.

Soon enough, Collette had nudged Synn to take one as well, and shortly after that Synn picked out her own.

[info]Collette takes #4
Foxy takes #22
Lynne takes #1
Synn takes #12[/info]Foxy
As you take the egg, picking it up, you realized it was heavier than you thought it would be. In fact, the egg, whatever it was, felt completely solid. And though you began to carry it, its weight wasn't something you had expected, and you managed to lose your balance...

[error]Foxy is losing his balance and will break his egg!
Collette, Lynne, Synn, or Dan can attempt to roll Acrobatics to save him.[/error]Garret and Elizabeth
You were still near the back of the class, with the majority in front of you. Most of the students had quieted, but you could tell that they were all very eager to get their hands on one of the eggs. If it weren't for Lynne to calm them down the first time, as well as Dan attempting to organize them, you were pretty sure that it would still continue to be a riot. You realize if you did nothing, you would be one of the last to pick an egg. Luckily the eggs that you both wanted were still available, though you weren't sure for how long.

"T-thank you Mr. Rask." Ms. Firestart said as she looked up seeing the orderly line. Some students still looked pretty anxious, but it was at least a lot more manageable than before.

[info]5 NPC students pick up their eggs.
Eggs Remaining: 16

Picked eggs will be added to player's respective sheets shortly.[/info]

Oath

[info]Lynne tries to help Foxy, doesn't want to see an egg break.
Acrobatics: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 4, 5, 2 + 1, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Valiancy

[info]Synn ignores his blunder completely.[/info]