Responsibility

Started by Throndir, February 08, 2016, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Open to all Xan Academy students.[/info]When the students came into their Assignments class for that evening, the first thing that was readily apparent was a long table. It was draped over with a blanket, so it was hard to tell what was underneath. A couple students had begun to lift it away, until a flustered Ms. Firestart told them not to. Eventually however, the students, still curious to what it was under the drapes each went to their proper seating.

"W-well... O-okay class..." Ms. Firestart announced when everyone was finally settled. She had been fine the last few days, but it seems her habit of being uneasy was returning. She breathed in deeply to calm her nerves, and spoke again, this time having more confidence.

"We have another assignment, graciously provided by our local Daycare center." She said as she proceeded to unveil what was underneath the cloth. As the drapes were removed, it revealed an array of various eggs of different colors and designs. They were all fairly large, and each of you knew exactly what they were; Pokemon eggs.

"Each of you students will be in charge of taking care of one of them, so please pick one!" The teacher said, her voice sounding happy and joyful, but in that moment some of the students had already begun going forward. "A-ah-"

Ms. Firestart wanted to conduct the process orderly, but a couple of students had already begun clamoring over the table. Her almost mild demeanor being completely ignored by some of the students.

[info]For this first part, you can roleplay and describe how you're getting to the table. You can of course, sit back and wait for everyone else to take their turns, but that would leave you with less choices! There is enough for an egg per each student in the class. (Around 30).

Eggs Remaining: 30[/info]

littlestcrouton

As soon as as Ms. Firestart lifted the drapes up and the eggs became visible, Elizabeth's heart began to beat quickly. Her excitement grew when the teacher announced what the assignment. This was her thing, her forte, her jam. Her emerald eyes focused sharply excitedly on them, trying to decide which she would pick. She was almost vibrating in her desk. As soon as Ms. Firestart finished speaking, Beth stood and quickly hurried to the table. She gazed at the eggs, adjusting her black long sleeve shirt. Her green earrings swung frantically as she gazed at all the eggs before her. She wanted to reach out and touch all of them, to feel the life thrumming inside of them, but she refrained. One caught her eye and she knew this was the egg she wanted.

"Ms. Firestart, May I have this one please?" She asked pointing at it. Her eyes glimmered with happiness. This is one lesson she could embrace wholeheartedly.

Ooc: 27

Throndir

Throndir

Elizabeth
Although you tried to get the attention of the teacher, the many students in front of you were being too loud and noisy, and the teacher began to frantically try to get them in order. Of course this was to no avail, and the students continued to bustle about the table, proceeding to grab eggs, and yet there were others who began to loudly proclaim that a specific one was theirs.

The teacher was not able to hear your pleas, being drowned out by the cacophony of the class.

[info]I'll wait for more posts from the other players before resolving some stuff since this is a timed RP.[/info]

Valiancy

Synn nervously weaves around students to catch a glimpse of the eggs. She scans over them, her gaze stopping on the brown and white egg that looks like it's sitting in grass.

How cute! Teddy would think so too!

Blushing from nerves, after watching the failed attempt of the other student, she sighs and sits away from the clamoring crowd dejectedly.

That's the only one I like, and I probably won't get it. Oh well. Hope would get jealous anyway.

Linwelin

Dan rushed over to the area, having heard the news of Pokemon eggs, and already seeing students clambering over whatever was brought to the school. Good, I'm not too late.

"Ms. Firestart! Is there any chance I could get an egg as well? I've never had the opportunity to raise one before, and I feel this is a good chance. As a teacher, obviously I'll wait until the other students have chosen." Dan was eager to attempt raising a Pokemon egg, with the thought that the experience may be good to know in the future.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

Lynne was watching intently as the students all gathered around trying to pick their eggs. She wanted one as well; it would be a good chance to document the changes in the egg, and the experience of raising a young Pokemon. Of course, her parents did it all the time but she had never really paid too much attention. She just liked playing with them. However being able to use her skills in photography to create a tale about the hatching and raising of a Pokemon would be a great way to blend her past and her present, perhaps making something that she could show off to her family when it was complete.

[info]Lynne will wait for the others to choose eggs. Since she has more Pokemon.[/info]

Throndir

"A-ah!" Ms. Firestart attempted to quiet down the class, but it wasn't working. The students simply wanted the Pokemon too much, and no one seemed to have paid her any mind. When Daniel walked into class, Ms. Firestart had too many students trying to keep under control and didn't even realize that the other teacher had been calling out to her. There were a couple of boys almost screaming at each other for a particular egg, and yet there were more who already began picking through the eggs.

She closed her eyes and sat back at her desk.

[info]Going to give it another day more for any other late joiners, then I'll start the first batch of eggs being removed.

Eggs Remaining: 30[/info]

Lady Rune

Collette entered the classroom as calmly as she could, despite her excitement. Raising a Pokemon, out of an egg no less, on her own was a thrilling prospect both educationally and personally. Ringing her hands together nervously she stopped just shy of the table utterly perplexed. There were students there fussing and fighting over eggs. Very delicate and fragile eggs. Not to mention her, seemingly dejected, teacher had been forced to sit out of the way lest the frenzy of students swarming the table bowl the soft spoken woman over. The lack of respect for their teacher struck a chord and before she could stop herself she was fussing.

"How rude! Have you no respect for any authority!? How do you plan to raise an egg if you can't politely listen to instructions?" The longer she shouted, the redder her face became, until her appearance could be likened to that of a tomato and her fists were clenched at her sides. Her outburst complete, Collette cleared her throat and smoothed her, now shaky, hands down the front of her skirt. What on earth did she just do? She managed to shoot a glare at the rowdy crowd before glancing at the table herself, catching sight of a two-toned green egg with a single red dot on it. If she ever got to the table her choice was immediately made. After another dismissive glare, Coleltte moved off to the side to wait for the bickering students to dissipate. She refused to be another headache for Ms. Firestart, her pride would not permit it.
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Throndir

[info]Collette you can roll a Command for that.[/info]

Lady Rune

[info] Rolling Command!~
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6+2 : 4, 2, 2 + 2, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Throndir

Collette
As you finished your outburst, those nearest to you, did manage to slow down their advance, choosing to look away sheepishly. At the very least you slowed the crowd, but not quite all the way. At the very front of the crowd the students were still pretty noisy as they clamored over the eggs, and it would take a lot more of pushing and prodding them to order than the outburst you had just given.

[info]I'll end the round eod tomorrow, in case any late joiners come. Elizabeth + Synn can still do actions if they decide to.[/info]

FoxyPox

I tried squeezing myself through the crowd, but to no avail. The roadblock was solid. What was I to do, have Glitch psybeam everyone? What was going on, anyway?
I started jumping. I couldn't jump very high, but it was enough to catch a glimpse of the cause: Pokemon eggs. People were practically stampeding over them. How inordinately responsible.

"Guys! Look at yourselves! What's wrong with you??"

Any more of this madness, and we'd have some scrambled eggs in a minute. Stepping onto a table, I raise my voice over the crowd.

"Everyone, chill! Or do you all want to be cleaning up stains off the floor!?"

Command:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+3 : 2, 4 + 3, total 9[/blockquote]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=click for music]http://www.youtube.com/v/_gg2SnujpEE&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne had been content waiting for the mob to sort themselves out, but instead of getting better, things seemed to be getting worse. Ms. Firestart seemed to be having trouble, which was another problem entirely, but watching the unruly mass of supposed Xan Academy students run about yelling like children at a theme part had started to bother her. Other students had tried to do something, and failed. Lynne clicked her tongue, and stood up to shout to the mass.

"Congratulations! You haven't even gotten your hands on an egg and you're already failing at raising it properly! If all it takes is a handful of eggs to make the lot of you lose your wits and act like a bunch of children that just heard an ice-cream truck, perhaps you should re-evaluate your decision to attend the academy. Ms. Firestart is doing you a service in providing these Pokemon for you to raise, but you're all just entitled and greedy, wanting to be the first to choose whatever you'd like when you don't even know the first thing about raising a Pokemon from an egg. Perhaps you should have a seat, be patient, and learn what you're doing. You can of course continue on your current path, failing before you even start and irreversibly damaging a Pokemon before it even gets a chance to come into this world. I'd like to assume you guys are smart enough to realize that, but with your current display, I have some serious doubts. But if you were unsure, Pokemon are living beings, and not a toy, nor your little play-things.

Lynne let out the rest of her breath, shook her head and sat down in disbelief. It took mere moments for these students to go rabid. Hopefully the eggs were alright; after all, baby Pokemon were adorable!

[info]Command & Guile, not sure which you'd prefer me to use.
Command: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+3 : 6, 4, 4 + 3, total 17[/blockquote]
Guile: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+1 : 4, 4, 4 + 1, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Lynne
Your force of will, presence, and authority coupled with your insulting remarks quieted down many of the students. In fact, where some other students failed to bring the rowdy students in line, you were able to quiet them down. Almost all of them stopped their frantic bustling, and the closest ones to you even seemed to look embarrassed from their actions.

[okay]+1 Trainer Exp to Lynne for successfully calming a large chunk of the class.[/okay]However, there were still some boys at the very front, though quieted, only looked at you smugly, and one even looked annoyed.

"So!" He exclaimed. "It's Pokemon!" With that the kid, and some others near him grabbed one of the eggs, their bickering slowed or even stopped as they realized the other students wouldn't make any more advances to their treasures.

[info]Eggs Remaining: 25[/info]
"Hah. Losers." The kid waved his hand dismissively towards the rest of the class and began heading out the door.

"I bet you want one too, huh teach?" The kid said as he passed by Daniel.

Everyone Else
Being at the far back of the room, there were at least 20 or so students in front of you. A good number of the students were already pacified though, but you notice that some of the kids up in front have begun to eagerly look at the eggs again. The rowdiest bunch had already picked theirs, and though the next set of kids were excited to reach into the table and pick them out, they at least did so noticably quieter.