[Collette]Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 31, 2016, 10:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rune

Collette was equally as captivated by the forest as Lynne, if not slightly more so. The smell reminded her almost of home and she couldn't resist stopping to breathe it in, if only for a moment. Ammy was enjoying herself as well, bouncing between Collette and Lynne as they strolled along and happily chasing after birds. The moment the bushes shifted, however, her bounce ceased. Tails flared and at the ready the small Pokemon faced off against the unknown, eagerly awaiting Collette's command. "Sounds like we have company."

[spoiler=Perception Check!][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 2 + 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
I am not responsible for the insanity that trickles out of my mouth.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/I9v2YrmF8XY&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

As the Vulpix stands near the bush, assuming a defensive stance, something comes bounding out of the bushes. Ammy is hit with the brunt of its attack, though thanks to being well positioned the damage isn't quite as bad as it could have been.

[info] Ammy takes 8 damage! Ammy/Collette to act.

Damage taken:
Bulbasaur: 0
Collette: 62/62
Ammy: 39/47
[/info]

Lady Rune

Collette's eyes lit up, stars dancing in her vision. She wanted it. "Alright pretty girl, burn it up! We're taking this cutie home today! Ammy's tails swayed to and fro in acknowledgement as the small Pokemon carried out her trainers command.

[spoiler=Ammy uses Ember!][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+21 : 5, 5 + 21, total 31[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Taking a deep breath Collette followed up with a toss of one of her Pokeballs. Fingers crossed she hoped the decision wouldn't come back to bite her. She did not want to waste all her items today!

[spoiler=Collette throws a Pokeball!][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 36, total 36[/blockquote][/spoiler]
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/I9v2YrmF8XY&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Vulpix reeled from the blow but quickly counter attacked with an ember, the flames welled up inside of its mouth and sailed the short distance right into the Bulbasaur's bulb. It let out a pain filled cry as the Pokeball sailed through the air and sucked it in. After a few moments of struggle, the shaking stopped and the Pokeball locked. "Wow! Good job! You caught Bulbasaur no problem. Guess there wasn't anything to worry about with this orientation!

[info] Ember is Super Effective! Bulbasaur takes 36 damage! The Pokeball connects and Bulbasaur is captured! Wow! Congratulations! Items resolved as well.

Damage taken:
Bulbasaur:  36, -def, -spatk
Collette: 62/62
Ammy: 39/47
[/info]

Lady Rune

She caught it... she caught it! Collette practically screeched in her excitement, arms thrown up over her head, and jumped up and down. She caught it. "Pretty girl! You did such a good job!" Bouncing over to her Pokemon she scooped the Vulpix up into her arms, buried her face in Ammy's warm fur, and twirled her around in a circle. Even Bones joined in on the celebration, mimicking her trainers bouncing steps with hops of her own. "I can't believe how quick that was! Does it always go that well the first time?" Finally calming down from her high, though still grinning ear to ear, Collette let Ammy down and picked Bones back up before turning to Lynne. "I mean, obviously things get harder, but... wow! I wasn't expecting to get him, y'know?"
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

Lynne was glad to see how excited Collette became when the ball snapped shut. "No, not always, but it varies from person to person. Sometimes people try to bite off more than they can chew, or get particularly unlucky and run into a group of wild Pokemon that are working together. It can get pretty intense later on!" Lynne smiled and gave Collette a pat on the back, Ammy as well. "Well, with that, we should head back and let the Pokemon be tended to, before continuing with orientation. It's important to keep your Pokemon in good health, and that's something that us trainers should never forget. Even if we're not out collecting badges, our Pokemon do a lot for us!" With that, Lynne turned around and pointed down the path back towards the academy, and started walking with a giant grin on her face.

Lady Rune

Collette scurried to catch up with Lynne, Ammy hot on her heels, as they made their way back. The left over excitement still coursed through her, leaving a bounce in her step, and a grin plastered on her face. "I agree, Ammy and Bones are my two closest friends after all. What was your orientation like, by the way? If you don't mind me asking more ridiculous questions." She laughed at her own, potentially poorly made, joke as the two girls walked back. Conversation with Lynne came easily and any excuse to have one was welcomed with open arms.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/ygur5AaVzgA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Lynne was surprised to be asked about her own orientation, it was something she hadn't thought about in a while. "Oh, it wasn't too bad. Nena was the person that showed me around. She's really friendly, though a lot of people think she's shy. I caught my Mareep on that little adventure. It definitely helped settle in at the academy. Before too long the two girls reached the academy grounds. "Alright, we have one task left for the orientation, so we can get to that after a short break!"

Lady Rune

A break sounded great! Collette gave Bones a careful squeeze and looked around the campus once again. It was so much bigger than she was accustomed to and would definitely take some getting used to. "Where were you before Xan? I come from a really small town so all this is a little... weird?" She smiled sheepishly and looked off to the side, perhaps weird wasn't a proper descriptive word now that she stopped to think on it. Eventually she glanced back at Lynne, a light blush still dusting her cheeks, and smiled. "Sorry if I ask too many questions, I'm disgustingly inquisitive."

EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

"I'm from Goldenrod City, my parents are breeders there, so I'm pretty used to the hustle and bustle of the city. But there are so many smaller towns that a lot of students here need some time to adapt to the different pace of things. It can be really hectic around here at times, but I'm sure you'll get used to it." Lynne hadn't really thought about home for a while, but she was due for a visit one of these weekends. She realized she hadn't told Collette what the last part of orientation was, so she figured now would be as good of a time as any.

"Oh right. The last part of the orientation is a Pokemon battle. So let me know when you're ready, and we can go to the arena.

Lady Rune

Collette blinked slightly. She'd never been to Goldenrod before! Then again... Cherrygrove was all she had really known prior to the academy to begin with. She was about to probe the other girl for more information when she spoke up again, filling Collette with dread. A trainer battle was her final task. A nervous giggle escaped without her permission as she shuffled awkwardly next to Lynne. "Oh dear... I hope I do alright, I'm not used to very many other trainers I'm afraid. I guess I'm ready whenever! Just need to heal pretty girl up first, right?
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

Yeah, we should take care of that first for sure. Sage needs some healing as well! After that's done, we can head on over to the arena. Lynne stood up and pointed to a building in the distance "That's the Pokemon center, over there!" She started taking a few steps towards the center, while gesturing for Collette to follow her. Before long, the two had made it into the Pokemon center.

Lady Rune

Collette followed after Lynne without question, clutching her Pokémon to her chest. It was nervous habit, of this she was well aware, but it helped. A sense of relief seemed to wash over her, however, at the familiar sight of the Pokémon center once they had reached it. She appreciated the comforting uniformity of the place without a doubt. "So... I assume I'll be up against you at the arena?" Collette looked to Lynne for confirmation, her curiosity drawing her back to the final stage of her orientation.
EoAD- Collette Thorne

Oath

The Pokemon center was fairly empty, though the facilities looked like they could handle a swath of trainers without too much of a problem. A few trainers and their Pokemon were being tended to by the staff, and within moments of entering, Collette's Pokemon were taken care of.  "That's most likely going to be the case. The protocol states that the new student must battle a suitable trainer, either the one giving the orientation, or someone that is at the arena. We'll have to take a look when we get there. But don't worry, there are rules that I have to follow to ensure that it is a fair fight." It was always interesting to see how people responded to having to battle. Some of the most timid people could be the most spirited battlers.