[Shadowrun] Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Started by Oath, January 18, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InhumanRonin

Takumi shot a surprising glance over to his driver."Hm so you are as decent a driver people made you out to be. Follow me they are over in this building top floor second to last door. No promises on how these guys react to us showing up on their doorstep." Takumi starts to slowly head towards the apartment complex.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Mysticsage

Zephyr was clinging to the dash as the car went swerving. He was glad in this moment that he had decided to buckle his seat belt when he had gotten into the car. With the look in Sparky's eyes he had thought he might just have driven through the strip club straight to the nearest apartment complex. "If you could provide a bit of a heads up before you try another stunt like that I'd appreciate it. Zephyr said feeling the adrenaline, "surprises like that are not really my thing." He took a moment to center himself again as he got out of the car. He brushed the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes behind a ear and smirked at Takumi's question, "This is why even when you want to go in guns blazing its good to have a plan in place. You point us to the building and me and Mac here will  handle the recon. I have a knack for finding things that others would best leave unseen." He dug into his rather long overcoat and then began patting himself down as if he had left something behind.

"Dammit, I knew I would forget something if I just ran out of the house like that. Mac do you mind if I borrow your body for a second. I'm gonna need to draw something. If I use your hand like a pencil I figure I can draw it on a file in the matrix right? Unless someone has a lot of paper and a pen on them?" He rarely did this trick with an audience, normally what maps he made were for his own use back in the day, and there were very few people who knew about his past. In his haste to make sure that he got to Bennett's crime scene before it got destroyed by the police he had forgotten to bring along some of the things he normally caried with him outside of his weapons he even had to leave some of his bigger finds in Sparks's trunk at the moment

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/Nko7HEAS2Rg&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Machiavelli looked at Zephyr with hint of confusion, but in a surprising move of his own, pulled out a notepad and a pen from one of his pockets. "Might not be ideal, but it's better than nothing." He tossed the notepad to Zephyr with a smile. "I assume you're going to do some of that magical mumbo jumbo to map out the building or something before walking in? Probably gonna want to make it quick, these two look like they're itching to get going."

[info] Mystic feel free to describe the process of making your map. Everyone else feel free to do whatever. We will assume your characters know where they're going with Mystic's map, but this is a simple enough mission that drawing it out feels like a waste! [/info]

Mysticsage

Rolling to activate spell
[info]Using Spatial Sense Extended
[spoiler]
Spatial Sense grants the subject an innate aware- ness and knowledge of his physical surroundings within range of the spell in terms of landscape, geography, and architecture. The layout knowledge lasts as only long as the spell is sustained and is not retained when the spell ends (though the subject can make a map or recite directions before ending the spell). The net hits scored on the Detection Spell Results table (p. 286, SR5) deter- mine how much detail the spell provides, progressing from a general idea of what's where, to a rough map of the area, to knowing each exit and how secure they are. The spell works in all directions (three-dimensional) and may uncover hidden layout features such as ventilation shafts, secret rooms, and sewer tunnels. It will not detect security features or living things. Areas that are protect- ed by a mana barrier are experienced as "blank spots."
[/spoiler]
Force 5
successes cap at 5
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 3, 4, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4, 2, total 32[/blockquote]

Drain 4
[blockquote]Rolled 9d6 : 4, 2, 1, 6, 4, 5, 6, 2, 4, total 34[/blockquote]

Roll to Draw Map
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 6, 6, 1, 2, 6, total 21[/blockquote]
[/info]

He smiled and nodded to Mac for the paper. "Surprisingly low tech for you huh? If I didn't now any better I'd think you didn't want to hold my hand." Before anyone had a chance to respond however he sat back down in the passenger seat and followed Ronin's pointing to the building in question. "Show me your secrets won't you?" He mumbled under his breath as his eyes began to glow slightly a mint green color. He continued to whisper an incantation. His senses opened to the astral plane, and he felt the presence of his darling owl pushing him to his target as his hand moved in intricate signs.

The building with all its captured energy from all the inhabitants who had called it's walls their home opened before him blooming like a flower. He breathed in every detail he could as if he was talking to the walls and the rooms, seducing them for the secrets of the one's who lived inside. It was all to happy to provide what it could. Glimpses of images that built upon each other recreating a model of the building in all the detail it could manage. He pushed for details about things like furniture and pipping. A drug lab would need equipment with a unique signature not to mention proper ventilation and draining. If he was lucky there may be a way to sneak in behind enemy lines to catch them off guard and take them down without much issue. When he gathered everything he could he heard and felt the flapping of wings and he was back in his body. With page after page of detailed designs.

All the others would have seen is the glowing and him mumble something before his hand began sketching as if possessed page after page of drawings. In minutes he had at least gotten a partial if not complete skematic of the entire building. As he got out again he smiled and threw the pad to Mac." You think there is any viable entry point that can work from the sewers or a back door that may be unguarded?"

pringerbeam

Roland glanced at Zephyr's map.  "Hmmmm... second to last door top floor..."  He looked out at the building across the street.  "6 floors...  Maybe 18 or 20 meters...  Neighbor is the same height...  I think I have an entry plan.  I can go in first and open the door to the apartment for you guys or whoever wants to can come with me and we can all give these crackheads a nice surprise."  Roland pointed to one of the apartment windows on the map.  "Behold, the gateway to the land of meth and druggies."

InhumanRonin

Takumi stopped in his tracks and turned back after hearing his partner mention the building across the street. He turned back and walked over to the map and looked. "I presume you think we should swing across the alley and break through the window? Well they definitely wouldn't be expecting that. I think that might just be stupid enough to work though so long as its not a botched entry. I should probably join you just in case something goes wrong." Takumi walks back to the Jeep to pull some stuff out of his duffle bag. "Well this stuff might come in handy if this goes goes according to plan."

[spoiler]I will grab my grappling gun and 25m of rope, My Protector (taser) and a flash pak[/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

As Takumi turned back towards the car Roland activated the security lock-down on the car.  "Alright Chopstick it's lesson time.  First lesson: always be prepared.  Now you left the car with no plan and only the shit that's on you so that is all you get for the job."  Roland turned to the remaining passengers.  "Now I don't want either of you guys going soft on him and giving him his shit.  This is for his own good.  Can I trust you to not unlock the doors to let him back in if I let you guys unlock your doors?"

InhumanRonin

"Well then if you are going to be like that then I will let you swing in like the ape you want to be and be ready at the front door since I was more prepped for that in the first place. Was going to make it easier for the both of us but I see you have your own agenda. Takumi turns back around and heads for the apartment complex mildly annoyed with his partners antics. Takumi thinks to himself "Well if something goes wrong on his entry it wont be on me. I just hope that things go smoothly though we don't need this to get out of hand."

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

"Ooooh meow, the cat claws come out."  Roland clawed the air as the yakuza walked away.  He turned once again back to the others.  "I kinda want to see how this all plays out now.... Anyone thirsty?  We could go hit the strip-club and get something to drink while we wait for Chopstick to go do... whatever he's doing."  Ronald pondered for a moment.  "Actually I'm getting a bit hungry too... I don't thing the club is going to have much in the way of food that isn't covered in body glitter.  You guys have any arguments with taco bell?  I think there is one a couple of blocks from here and could really go for half a dozen tacos."  Roland deactivated the engine lock-down and started the car.  As he pulled out of the parking lot he cracked open the window and yelled out to Takumi.  "Be a good boy at soccer practice Chopstick.  We have some business to deal with but don't worry we'll be back with some orange slices for you when we get back."  He gunned the engine and peeled out of the driveway into the street.

pringerbeam

Perception test to keep an eye out for anyone that looks like a possible street dealer on the way to get food.
[blockquote]Rolled 7d6 : 3, 3, 2, 6, 3, 1, 3, total 21[/blockquote]

Test to consider alternative local dining options in the event taco bell is not up the everyone else's taste
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 5, 2, 2, 2, 3, total 20[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

"I'd rather just get this over with if you don't mind sparky. While I'm all for testing the kid we do have a time table and I have places I need to be in the morning. So lets just press on to get this over with before Taku there gets his head beaten in from those drug heads. Him going in alone expecting some kind of back up when we aren't even there would not be good for the Johnson. We were put in charge of him after all. Lets at least make sure we did what we could before he gets his head popped."

He took a deep somewhat tired breath before he continues. "If its a stealth run that's something I can handle even if I'm lacking equipment. If it requires a bash in the door approach other then a pistol I'm good for support. Meaning I'll be manning the second rank with Mac. I'll summon a low level spirit to help back you up. A spirit of air should be more then enough to help provide you with enough cover to handle some basic goons. My body will stay here in the car with Mac  in case we need to get away. Just remember if you are going in hot. Firing guns in a drug lab is a bad idea, a chemical fire will be a major problem for anyone in the building since I doubt that this building is well constructed."

"Looking in the distance we need to act now since the kid is going in we don't have time."

pringerbeam

"Whatever you say boss."  Roland pulled a quick left into the alleyway behind the apartment building before stopping.  He got out of the car and turned on the security system.  WHOOP WHOOP.  "As a heads up, if you get out of the car don't try to get back in.  Unless they bring out a cannon or something you should be safe in there so feel free to work your mojo."  He went down the alleyway until he reached the neighboring building.  He held up his right arm, squinted a bit to get a good sight on the roof, and fired his hand. 

Aiming roll (if required)
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 5, 4, 1, 3, 3, 6, 3, 4, total 29[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Casting improved invis and Silence on Sparky  as he goes

[info]

Spliting dice pool to cast to spells at once

Casting improved invis
force 5
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 6, 4, total 13

Drain 4
Rolled 8d6 : 2, 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, total 24

Silence
Force 5
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 2, 6, total 12

Drain
Rolled 8d6 : 1, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 2, 3, total 33
[/info]

[info]Using Edge to reroll drain 1 remaining
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 6, 6, 2, 2, 3, 5, 4, 3, total 31[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Zephyr current modifiers and health
Damage -3 stun

-4 dice spell casting for sustaining two spells
[/info]

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/X2nUvtnNq1A&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

After some deliberation a plan was decided on. Machiavelli just smiled, as he got out of the car, drew a pistol from his jacket and cocked it before following Takumi. "Doesn't seem like these guys are going to have anything that requires my normal services, so I might as well go all the way, already out in the meat space anyways."

Roland managed to latch to the roof of the neighboring building and pull himself up with no issues. Standing on the roof and looking in, he could see a few men, they seemed to be cooking up a new batch. Didn't notice him, too focused on the task at hand. In the car, Zephyr was doing alright, a little shaken up from casting his spells, but in decent enough shape. Takumi and Machiavelli climbed the stairs of the complex attempting to be quiet. It took a few minutes, but they were at the door. The team was in position.

[info]Takumi to roll sneaking, Roland to do whatever he is doing.[/info]