[IC] The sewers are...TOO clean?

Started by Linwelin, January 14, 2016, 10:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynn was suprised when the little cat boy got swallowed up, but quickly recovered. However as the others attacked the creature, she took a better look at it. The cat boy was literally floating inside of it, surrounded by its body. She wasn't sure bashing the creature with weapons would be all that effective. She had an idea, but she was worried. What if I hurt him? What if I'm wrong and it makes things worse? She hadn't tested her new power much. She wasn't even sure she could fully control it.

No time to worry. Shaking away her doubts, she moves within range and takes a deep breath.

[spoiler]Kynn moves within range and uses Breath Weapon on Ooze.

Initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Cold Breath Weapon with feat Clinging Breath
Damage [blockquote]Rolled 2d8 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]
Rounds till next breath usage [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP

Nyuko Nyun

[blockquote]Fort 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Initiative 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]

Nyuko Nyun

[spoiler]+7 to my fort save above.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Nyuko

On top of your lack of air, your body began to feel numb as the acid burned you. You found that you could no longer move, even if you wished to. You watched as the others tried their best to free you, but that was all you could do as the cube moved forward still. They'd managed a great amount of damage, but it was still not enough to destroy the creature. You now watched as Ryine himself was run over, the creature attempting to pull him in, making him join you in your fate.

[error]Nyuko is Paralyzed for 14 rounds.
Nyuko takes 5 acid damage.[/error]

Ryine

Your attack struck true, but it was not enough to cleave the beast. You watched as an arrow and ice hit the wall above you. Things seemed to be going well, until the creature began to move again, attempting to run you straight over.

[info]Ryine can either take an attack of opportunity and be engulfed, or attempt a reflex to get back before it sucks you in.[/info]

Kynn and Nombliln

Your attacks strike above Ryine, showing that the cube-like ooze did indeed fill the entire hallway. All of your attacks seemed effective enough, but it continued forward, now attempting to take Ryine in.

[spoiler]Actions:
Ryine slashes away at the ooze, dealing 33 damage.
Nombliln pierces the slime with an arrow, dealing 4 damage
Kynn breathes ice upon the foe, dealing 6 damage
Ooze paralyzes Nyuko and deals 5 acid damage.

Damage/Status:
Nyuko: 37/44, Pinned, Paralyzed, 3 rounds until out of breath (suffocation begins), 14 rounds until released from paralysis
Ryine: 68/68
Kynnstitia: 31/31, 2 turns until breath weapon is reusable
Nombliln: 35/35

Ooze thingy: 43, to take 3 damage next turn from Clinging Breath

Turn Order:
Ryine
Nombliln
Kynn
Ooze
Nyuko

All to move, in any order. I'll resolve the order of attacks in my resulting post.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine spun on his heels as the ooze lurched forward. "Not today! Don't have time to be eaten. Told the guards we would find out what's going on down here! Sorry slime thing, its you or me, and I choose me!" Ryoned slashed at the slime just before it could engulf him.

[spoiler][info]
Ryine takes the aoo. For glory.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 3 + 16, total 19[/blockquote]
Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+20 : 5, 5, 1 + 20, total 31[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[/spoiler][/info]

Linwelin

Ryine's blade once again crashes through the creature right as it's upon him. Only this time, it begins wiggling unstably until it finally bursts, splatting onto the ground. You hear the clatter of metal, mixed with the slime, as well as the 'thunk' of a body hitting the floor. That body was Nyuko, who was seemingly unable to move the majority of his body. Your victory has resulted in a pile of slimy debris throughout the next 15 feet of the corridor.

[info]Gelatinous Cube has been slain! Everyone gains 200 exp. Resolving Sheets.[/info]

[spoiler]Actions:
Ryine kills the ooze.

Damage/Status:
Nyuko: 37/44, Paralyzed, 14 rounds until released from paralysis
Ryine: 68/68
Kynnstitia: 31/31, 2 turns until breath weapon is reusable
Nombliln: 35/35

Turn Order:
TBD

[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Nombliln rushes over to his comrade who is now free from the slime. "Nyuko you alright? We should wait a few moments til we see what kind of shape he is in before we continue forward. We also might want to try and remove some of the goop Ryine splattered all over the ground just in case we need to make a haste retreat."
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Oath

Ryine clicked his tongue. "IT WAS FIGHT OR FLIGHT, AND I CHOSE FIGHT."

Nyuko Nyun

The catboy couldn't move, and though he was still conscious, being able to hear everything going around him, Nyuko wasn't able to speak or move.

Linwelin

After about a minute and a half, Nyuko is finally able to move well. The quick rest let you sort through what had just happened, as well as confirm the cause of the disappearances. Somehow, gelatinous beasts had made their home in the sewer, and to them it made for a good, nutritious environment; whether that diet included refuse or living beings didn't seem to matter. Judging by the quick work that was made cleaning the sewers, there was more than just this one.

It was a strange occurrence, as oozes didn't normally make their way into populated areas, let alone in droves. Something or someone must have lured them here.

[info]You can take 15 or so minutes clearing the acidic slime off the ground by pushing it to the sides of the passageway.

Either way, roll Perception following your decision and actions.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Nyuko Nyun

[info][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 4 + 8, total 12[/blockquote]
Nyuko will continue leading/scouting, and will stop on anything suspicious.[/info]

Valiancy

[spoiler]The many sounds of Frikkihttp://www.youtube.com/v/q_IYQdKkWsU&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Scritch. Scratch. SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Frikki not get eaten by gloopy globby! No, no! Not today! ...Is it day? Can't tell. HMPH! Frikki not get eaten today or tonight, or tomorrow or any time! No, no no no no! Live. Breathe. Frikki will be a living Frikki. Not dead. Living."
Unaware of the adventurers' presence, he carries on a conversation with himself. It is interjected with hyperventilating and randomly with startled screams and various grunts that echo through the bowels of the sewer, followed by the light pitter-patter scatter of his feet and loud thumps on the walls soon after. It seems the slightest sound- not made by his own self- is enough to startle him.

InhumanRonin

Nombliln follows in the middle of the group keeping an eye out for anymore slimy creatures or things that stand out from the norm. Nombliln says aloud to Nyuko, "Nyuko if you want a few minutes more to hang back and rest I can take point for you.

[spoiler]Keeping an eye out for things that shouldnt be here [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Nyuko Nyun

Nyuko frowned at first as he looked at his companion. He was haggard already from the fight before, and already some of his clothing looked a bit singed from the contact with the ooze, but shortly after he managed to put up a positive face.

"Let's both take point-nya?"

[info]Throwing a stealth too:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

Those that made perception checks
You didn't see anything immediately. But you heard it. There was no way your couldn't hear it. The screeches, squeals and pattering; it was loud and only getting louder as it echoed through the corridors. It was then that you see a humanoid rat running at you, screaming for its dear life, fully outfitted with armor and weaponry.

Other than that immediate, and alarming, sight, you did not note anything abnormal.

[info]It's been around 2 minutes since the battle.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_