Unwelcomed Visitor

Started by Throndir, September 14, 2016, 11:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Max 2 players. 300 exp for joining.[/info]Looking forward you see the entrance to the small village of Bali. You were on your way to the country of Naroese to the north for a particular mission and you had just resupplied as much as you can from Taelthan, the largest settlement on the northern border of your kingdom. Though Taelthan was considered to be on the frontier, Bali village was still much further northwards.

From what you recall, the people of Bali were hardened folk. Living on the outskirts of civilization, with even Taelthan a couple days journey south, roaming bands of orcs from the Swamps of Orkshire, and even the goblin bands of the region were a common occurrence. Yet, being on the main road going northwards to Naroese, and connecting southwards to Taelthan only insured that the small village had a constant stream of supplies, and even military might as adventurers and those with martial skill passed through.

They didn't have much save for the basics which included an inn and a tavern, so as you stepped into the village you made it a point to head there first.

However, one of the guards narrowed their eyes as you came closer to the gates. He drew out his spear and pointed it towards you.

"You're not welcome here!" He spat. "Scum like you shouldn't be here." He said icily as he kept his spear up. The guard was heavily built, though his armor too only added to it. Unlike most guards you were accustomed to, this particular one wore thick layers of armor from head to toe.

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynnstitia looked the guard up and down, standing outside the small town of Bali. I should really be used to this by now. But she wasn't. It's hard to grow accustomed to people constantly reacting with fear or aggression at your mere presence. Although I've yet to hear of another like me... Maybe he mean's adventurers. Regardless, she was not in the mood today, not in the least. She needed to be left alone, she needed to sleep at some point, and before all that, she needed a drink.

"Step aside Metal Mouth. I'm headed to the tavern for a drink. Or do you intend to stop me?"

[spoiler]Intimidate the guard into backing down [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 12 + 12, total 24[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP

Throndir

"Hold your tongue beast!" The guard said, but he seemed to back off from you, and take a more defensive stance. The other guard on duty, who was watching the entire commotion eventually spoke up however. Like the first guard, he wore the same armor.

"You people from Galas'nor think you can keep bullying us? Is that it?" He said cooly. Though the guard didn't draw his weapon, you can tell that tensions were tough. The second guard purposefully relaxed his arms, but you saw through it as a ruse, more than likely that guard could easily bring his weapon out if it came to it.

Wolfrin Fenris

Kynnstitia's eyes went from the first guard to the second as he spoke up, taking stock of him. She had no real fear of either of these men. Guards, in her experience, were more for show than capable warriors. There was the occasional war veteran or adventurer that settled down and took up employment as a guard in one nobles militia or another, but the vast majority were brutes who used their stature as a deterrent. As well, any pack of orcs or goblins that saw guards outside the gates of the smaller villages and towns were sure to think twice before attempting a raid.

She had no fear of these men, but she did not often go around picking fights if she could avoid it. It was not really her way. Since her transformation she had certainly learned to use her looks to intimidate people. However it was most often to avoid fighting, not as a way to rile up the local thugs.

Then again, she was still thirsty.

"'You people', you said. I was unaware any of my guild members had passed this way recently," she said. "If you've had issues with our members I suggest you voice your complaint directly to one of the officers in the guild. If someone has treated you and your town poorly, you can be sure that there will be consequences," she continued diplomatically.

"However, this is not my problem. I've caused you and your town no trouble, and I'm sure that whoever is in charge, as well as the local business owners, will certainly not appreciate you turning away someone with coin to spend. Now. Will you tell your friend to let me pass peacefully?"

BEEP