Book 1 - The Edge of Anarchy

Started by pringerbeam, March 23, 2016, 04:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Aeraloth moved up to the innkeeper slowly making sure to hit a chair gently while he walked to make his presence known as he called out "Good morning," as jovially as he could manage while jabbing his side with a chair and then moving around it. "Sorry about that" he said sheepishly, "Its been a long night." He paused a moment to allow them to finish and register his arrival.

"Did a girl with a scar rent a room last night? I've got a performance tonight and she promised to deliver some gods so that I can make a good impression."
He said thumbing the lute which was situated between his shoulder blades."She apparently wanted to have a meeting here... Probably she is gonna try to stick me on the payment or something in a place like this."[/color]He said with a conceding shrug. "She makes good affects so she makes the prices."

"Do happen to know her room number?"
He said giving a more detailed description in the process. "My other trope mates should be here in a bit."   

pringerbeam

The innkeep doesn't bother to look up at you as he works away at the embers.  "Ah yeah I know the lass.  Don't know if she's up yet but she's got a room for your business."  He shrugs his shoulders to moron to a door in the back of the common room.  "You can wait for her in there. I'll see if she's ready for you.  Ellie!  Get some bread and cheese for the private room."  He finally seemed to get the fire going and propped some larger logs over the burning kindling.  He stood up and wiped some soot from his hands in his apron.  "Must be quite the performance.  You work for any of the big playhouses?  I could send some customers your way for the business you've brought in."

Mysticsage

"Yeah I wish, most of the large playhouses have no idea I exist. My name is Aeraloth by the way, I got scouted for a private function and I'm hoping to get our name out there." He said sheepishly just rolling with the half truth. "Though I'm sure you've seen plenty of people trying to make their big breaks here. I mean this place is the Bard's End that means something in the performance world of this city. I can only imagine what it would be like to play when this place is packed to the gills." He said looking around at the large space once more for emphasis. "The girl is probably trying to scare me he laughed. She was hired to help do all the effects for the party and I imagine she wants to make sure a less to do kid won't put egg on their face." He laughed the nerves of what was to come next feeding authenticity to his performance.

"To be honest I'd love to be getting my name out in a place like this. These parties pay okay but they hardly lead to repeat performances or good will from the audience. To be able to cut your teeth at the Bard's End truly leads to a performer growing as an artist. If you really want to be someone here is the best place to learn and grow the fundamentals." He paused for a moment taking in the atmosphere of the place before continuing. "Well I better get going if I don't get some good practice with the stuff I'm picking up then all hell could break loose when there is an audience." He bowed slightly then as he moved to the back room. "Thank you and this inn for everything that you have done for us performers it really means a lot. Hopefully the next time we meet I'll be able to put on a show for you as well.

[info]Let me know if you want me to roll something[/info]

pringerbeam

The innkeep is surprised by the praise and beams with pride as he responds.  "Well if there isn't already someone performing feel free to ply your trade.  It's first come first serve though and no fighting.  I don't want this place getting a reputation for being just another brawling room for sailors."  The innkeep looks up to the front door where a man holding up a haunch of meat was beckoning.  "Sorry, I have to handle some business.  Feel free to set yourself up if you want.  Though as you can see, things aren't too busy right now.  Should pick up in a couple hours though."  At this the innkeep walks up to the meat vendor and begins haggling prices.

Mysticsage

Aeraloth went to the back room that the innkeeper had mentioned before and took a seat at the table waiting for the others to arrive. His plan to fool town hall would be dicey but if they pulled it off they would get quite an upperhand by looking a bit ahead in the script and if it needed some extra selling the prospect of possibly inheriting a childless nobles fortune was possible. He never resorted to theft before and he doubted that a claim to the upper class would stick. But that was not what mattered they just had to get a look at his property holdings any possible construction plans or possible papers linking the dead noble to Lamm.

Aeraloth might be a bit paranoid but the rumors of how the noble came to his demise seemed suspect and he knew from personal experience that Lamm was more then capable of killing to get what he wanted and he had a feeling that the ghoul's reach might hav just reached high enough from his festering grave to deal with some weak minded rich folk. Especially with his steady supply of his rumored product backing him up and giving him control. But the one thing he could not hope to control from his decrepit position was the city bureaucracy. That was a monster even royalty could not satisfy for long. And the rich did so like to write things down that much he knew. While he had never learned to read or write the best Aeraloth often watched the occasional party where he performed passing notes and letters meant to not be seen by others.

But, planning any further ahead was pointless until they had someone look through what city hall had under lock and key. A task for a quick tongued thief. If they could find evidence of dealings they might be able to leverage help from the city watch. The entire city knew that their was only a trustworthy few in their ranks but some had reached quite a high station and if they could even just take care of some of the unforeseen complications that would be a help.

Aeraloth rubbed the back of his head this was beginning to sound like quite a complicated pain, but this was the kind of song and dance required to get audiences in this city to take notice and he would be making quite a show of that ghoul by the time this entire enterprise was finished.  He let out a small sigh then he had to just get the curtain to rise in the first place and hope that no one drunkenly fell off their cues. His desire for vengeance was curbed by images of children getting caught in the crossfire of the entire event. It left a bitter taste in his mouth that as this whole venture became more real he did not think he was going to stomach.

SleepingSkeleton

((Triss is probably just gonna be sleeping until at least noon unless awoken by someone else. Having a bed insead of th floor of a broken building is awesome.))