[Kryas] Birthday

Started by Throndir, November 10, 2014, 12:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteWaay too late. But better late than never.

A peculiar item was found in Kryas sleeping quarters. An intricately made headband with a ribbon tied around them, at the end of the ribbon was a small note attached. It read:

To Kryas , From the Guild of Galas'nor

QuoteFreeform exp counted for this thread with a modifier of x2.

Please update your character sheet when able.

Kryas Receives:

Headband of Intellect +2
This device is a light cord with a small gem set so that it rests upon the forehead of the wearer. The headband adds to the wearer?s Intelligence score in the form of an enhancement bonus of +2, +4, or +6. This enhancement bonus does not earn the wearer extra skill points when a new level is attained; use the unenhanced Intelligence bonus to determine skill points.

Moderate transmutation; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, fox?s cunning; Price 4,000 gp (+2)

Mysticsage

Kryas awoke to the suns rays much later then he was used to. Judging by how the beams of sunlight came bursting in from the window it was almost 9:30 a good two hours later then he normally awoke out of habit. Most likely this deviation was due to the fact that Golas had kept him awake most of the night drinking. Ever since the new years Drinking Contest Golas had made it a bit of a game to try and "toughen up" his half elf friend as he put it. Most nights Kryas managed to shake off his calls to join the mammoth of a man drinking. Last night though he had been more persistent. Something about it being almost a year since Kryas joined the guild deserving celebration and he would not take no for an answer.

So now here he was with a hangover clutching his forehead slightly. He took a moment to get up swaying slightly careful to close the blackout curtains he had bought for Vlad as he went. This was one of the few times Kryas was glad to be cast in almost perfect shadow. With his head screaming a little less loudly he made his way over to his desk. Lighting his oil desk lamp he saw the circlet for the first time glinting in the light.

"And where did you come from friend?"
Picking it up gingerly he could not help but admire the craftsmanship he flipped open the tiny card that was attached then stopped. How did they know it was his birthday? he had taken pains to avoid answering most questions about his age or where he came from. Something like his birth date from past experience he knew was dangerous information to provide to  anyone and could be used against him to great affect. So how did the guild master find out about it? The only people who could have told him was...

"Serena,"
he whispered to himself unable to stop a small smirk to cross his lips. She was the only one in the entire guild who knew that kind of thing about him. She must have mentioned something to someone no doubt knowing that this exact thing would happen. Looking over at Vlad's bed he couldn't quite tell if his roommate was still asleep as was his nature or had left early for some morning training. Regardless Kryass sat down and pulled a small drawer key from his pocket. Opening the lower most drawer he slid the contents of the drawer to the side to open the false bottom grabbing the tarot cards from the few secret things he stored there and closed and locked the drawer again.

Unwrapping the cards he began shuffling the deck and laying them out as he was taught in order to tell his own fortune.

Linwelin

Vladimir noticed the sun begin to get a little too high for his liking, so after one more kata of blade dancing, he decided to head back to his room and get ready for breakfast. Sheathing his rapier and kukri at his waist and taking up a cloth to wipe away his sweat, the inhuman man casually walked back to his room, giving pleasant greetings to whomever he crossed paths with. It was a relatively good morning, and he felt he'd accomplished a good amount of form corrections in his training, so he was in a satisfied mood. With that relaxed disposition, the methuselan calmly opened to door to a rather strange sight.

One, it seems as though Kyras had only just gotten up, which was odd behavior for the bard. Two, he'd brought out tarot cards and was in the middle of preparing them for use. Where was he even keeping those? Did he always have- wait. Wait, wait, wait. This is Kryas you're talking about Vlad, you should be used to his spontaneity by now. Vladimir thought to himself.

The entire mental comprehension, and struggle, occurred within a couple seconds, so no outward stress showed on the rogue's face. Shaking himself quickly from his surprise, Vladimir greeted his roommate. "Good morning, Kryas! Odd to see you waking so late." Motioning to the cards, as well as addressing his own statement, Vladimir asked curiously, "What's the occasion?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas glanced up from his cards tp his roommate. His eyebrow slightly raised and half smirk covered his lips. "Golas kept me up drinking last night, and as for the the cards... well" he looked down at the cards faces again seeming to register there meaning before stacking them back into a pile. "let's just say I'm doing a little bit of recon this morning. Just in case of ambushes." standing quickly to greet his roommate his continuing headache ended up sending a shooting pain into his skull causing him to swoon slightly and stumble face first into Vlad's grasp. Luckily he had been strong enough to keep the both of them standing. It took him a moment of clinging onto his roommate's shoulder before the nausea passed.

I apologize Vlad, Golas must have gotten me more drunk then I thought last night. If you don't mind standing here for an extra moment that would be much appreciated then i'll head off downstairs and leave you to change out of your workout clothes" Kryas' words were moist with bile and he never looked up from the floor. His grip on Vlad while not painful was his only means of standing for the moment if he ended up moving the half elf would surely hit the floor. It did not help that he was beginning  to feel his cheeks grow red with embarrassment that he tried his best. It was not that he was unused to drinking that much. it had just been such a long time since back then that his system obviously was not all that acclimated.

"I'll need to make it downstairs before she finds me" he mumbled under his breath trying to push his embarrassment of being so relianently close to Vlad in that moment to the back burner. He had to think of something else anything else. If Serena found him in this state unable to move their was no doubt what she would do. Get him lying in bed all day making a fuss perhaps spilling a secret or too in the process to spite him. If he could at least make it down to breakfast in the public sphere everything would go smoothly.

To get himself thinking about anything else he let his mind drift to the muscle he could feel beginning to form on his roommate to stop thinking about his own state. He had been having those who prepared Vlad's drink slip him a tasteless protein and weight gain supplement that stimulated hunger every night. He had originally created the herbal blend for malnourished fighters and charges that we took interest in to try to get them back to a healthy state before going forward with other plans. It seemed that it was just starting to show signs of paying off after near three months of administering the stuff. The vampire would always be lithe no matter what kryas did but packing a little more on him would be better in the long run. it would probably take a year or more before the bard would be satisfied with his friend's health.

Linwelin

Vladimir was honestly surprised. As far as he knew, the bard almost never drank himself to a stupor out of a mild paranoia. So he definitely wasn't expecting him to suddenly fall over from a powerful hangover. He'd barely reacted in time, truth be told. The methuselan grabbed his poor roommate by the shoulders, Kryas' own hands going to Vlad's shoulders.

The queasy confirmation of sickness from Kryas only made Vladimir chuckle a bit. "Certainly. Though I've long forgotten what being so under the influence is like, I certainly remember times like these. Take your time, my friend." Vladimir could see the poor half-elf was on the verge of vomiting, and thus made sure not to try to move him. Only need to wait out the dizzy spell. He thought to himself.

However, he managed to hear a whisper from Kryas as the bard lay against him. Before 'she' finds you?...Oh...OH, Serena. My, what WOULD she do to him if she knew he was this far gone? I never have been able to read either of the two that well. Something tells me I'll find out if he doesn't shake himself off soon. Outwardly, all Vladimir did was smile and remain steady.

Honestly, Vladimir was glad his strength had picked up, or he may have fumbled his friend. He'd finally worked out a deal with one of the chefs he'd gotten closer with to collect blood when they butchered, with the supply slowly ramping up over time. So he was not nearly as malnourished as during the months before their deal. Strangely enough, his drinks had also begun having an odd taste to them since around then. Not bad, but different. He felt the taste was better suited for something else, though. Like a tea. I wonder if drinks tasted like that before? Its been years since I've had a proper blood supply, so hard to say. Either way, I should definitely thank Isaac later.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"It's funny" chuckled Kryas, " the last time I had to lean on someone like this between trying to help he just kept on asking me to not vomit in his fur. He acted as a cushion for an hour I think. The trees were in full bloom then with purple and blue petals" he stopped seeming to chew on the memory.

Kryas only seemed to be deteriorating as his sickness was overwhelming his senses before returning. "Though I have to say the fact that you are a natural ice pack feels good right now. Kryas could not help but smirk more. "Vlad, do you mind if I impose on you one more favor?" In my closet cabinet you'll find my bath supplies basket. If you don't mind grabbing the tiny purse that smells vaguely like sage and pine needles  and then help me stealth my way down to the soaking baths I'd be in your debt. The water should help cure me of my torment before anyone is the wiser."

Linwelin

Vladimir nodded but with a slight grimace. So he WAS about to vomit...well, either way I need a shower. "Oh come now, I'm not THAT cold." Vladimir knew he was kidding, but the reminder that his body heat was lower than what was considered normal took him aback a bit. If anything he was surprised he'd not been aware; it seemed he truly was starting to feel more comfortable in the guild, more like a person and less like a monster. It only took a few decades to find such a place.

"A bath supplies basket? Certainly, I'll go look for it. In the mean time, get back in bed before you fall over." Vladimir says as he sits Kryas down on his bed, then goes to the cabinet. He hesitated, having sensed what was behind the door, but knew he have no choice. Upon opening the door, he was inundated with a heavy flood of scents and perfumes. So much so, the methuselan plugged his nose with his hand. Ich, perfumes...TOO many perfumes. How can someone deal with these and still have a sense of smell? Honestly, this bard and his herbs... The bath supplies basket was at the bottom of the cabinet, and after a bit of searching, he realized he couldn't tell which if the multiple bags was desired. So he just picked up the basket and brought it to his friend.

"As I wish to preserve my sense of smell, and not inhale the contents of every bag, I'll let you pick it out. And as for sneaking to the baths, well, we're only a floor away, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Worst case...I shroud us in a globe of darkness." Vladimir said reassuringly. "I'll admit, I AM curious what Serena's reaction would be." Vladimir stated, to which he saw his friend visibly flinch, causing the rogue to grin in jest.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas took the joke as best as he could in that moment. Then realized what he had asked of Vlad by grabbing the supplies "My apologize I forgot in that moment about your heightened senses. I should have known better."

Taking the basket from him he rummaged through the silken bundles. Each was color coded with a handwoven satchel that kryas had made himself. They were some of the best way of keeping dried herbs and spices from getting attacked by moisture. He ended picking up one of the larger bundles that had a dark green wrapper with gold stitching. Testing the weight with his hand he nodded in satisfaction "Yeah this should be enough" putting the bag into his pocket he stood wobbling slightly. He was feeling somewhat better by this point but still not one hundred percent. Stealthing around on his own would most likely be a bad idea, but it was better then asking to impose on him any further. He was beginning to feel really self conscious.

"I think I can manage from here thanks again Vl-!" He had almost fallen over again only  this time vlad had to jump to catch him in time. He needed the herbs more then he originally thought. He would need to rely on his friends good will for just a little longer despite his pride.
"ready to go when you are."

Vlad note
[spoiler]when you leave the room you should notice a presence hiding somewhere watching the two of them the entire time until they get into the bathroom. Most likely Serena XD[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir chuckles once more, "So, you don't want to be seen or heard, correct? Then I hope you don't mind a quick change of appearance." At that, while Vladimir picked up Kryas for a piggy-back, his arms seemed to elongate and body seemed to tighten. You recognized this form from when he'd gone berserk once before, supposedly his 'true' form.

"Hold on tight, and keep quiet, we'll be there soon enough." Vladimir said, his voice having a slight amount of reverberation. Vladimir then picked up what they needed for the bath, then took a few starting, quiet steps to familiarize himself with the form before dashing out the room door. He felt a presence as they'd left, but lost a sense of it moments later, when he'd already made it downstairs. He decided to take a longer route than the normal one to avoid the notice of others. It was the same route he used to avoid intensive sunlight, and happened to be a bit darker. He could feel Kryas becoming slightly queasy on his back, but dared not risk speaking words of comfort, lest he risk ruining the point of his stealth, and thus his transformation.

Within two minutes, they'd arrived at the baths, which Vladimir checked both entering to make sure he didn't run into anyone. Empty and isolated, he sighed in relief, reverting his form and helping Kryas inside. "Give yourself a moment to settle down, I know that must not have been comfortable. I'm not certain whether I was seen on the way out, but I don't believe I was followed." While Kryas sat still to settle his stomach, Vladimir carefully got the herbs and set them beside the bard. "Well, if that's all you needed, my friend, I'll excuse myself." He says with a slight smile, a bead of sweat rolling down along his temple. "Do your best to get well."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

[blockquote]Rolled 4d6^3 : 1 6, 4, 3 6, 3 1 5, total 21[/blockquote]

Throndir

On your bed lies what looks to be a pair of bracers.

[info]For roleplaying purposes, anyone can claim ownership of giving the particular gift, if so, I'll PM you what it is. Just let me know. x2 roleplaying exp on these threads.

Kryas receives bracers (unidentified, 1079)[/info]