Chapter 2: Future Echoes - Rise of the Destructoids

Started by Hasabushi, April 30, 2017, 05:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

They came like fire, they their hearts o'v ice,
fallowing all that dared stand in vice,
burning they sought not rest, agents of winged
undying behest. Nor doth the dark cry out their name
for fear of one being driven madly insane.

The Mad Regent
quotes of a learned MadMan

Quincy closed the small worn leather book, its spine bare with age. It had been sitting for quite some time in the Heroes Guild Library, neatly placed into one of the many hermetically sealed displays, it inauspiciously sat never expecting to be read, she assumed.

But she couldn't take the credit for this particular find, it was Viktor with his enormous appetite for knowledge who had first come across the indelicate book. He had asked for her help in this somewhat elusive endeavor, as it would require her specific set of skills. That skill being the ability to phase through and transmogrify matter in a rather spectacular and sometimes amusing way.

Vicktor had explained to her that He and Seth had been having vivid dreams about this book, and That the dreams were getting more and more tangible. So Quincy had agreed to help, besides she was rather fond of the young 'bookworm' and Seth. Viktor reminded her a lot of her late younger brother even had hair similar to his. Add in  the fact that the three of them were magic users and you could come up with pretty ironed out 'friendship-combo'.

Seth had followed behind them curious as to what they were looking for. He had often spent time in the Guild Library. It was quite, and at times isolating, just how he liked it.  His favorite place in the Hall was the cauldron, so called because of it's ability to shield all magics, it allowed one who dealt with magical forces to practice without danger of being hurt or hurting others.

"It's a strange read.. To be sure, ",she said her eyes still giving a quizzical look toward the font cover of the old book,"But I don't feel anything ominous or foreboding about it.".

She turned toward Seth, lightly brushing away a strand of long stray golden hair that had somehow become glued to her face. "Here you take a look, I haven't got a clue.", Qunicy handed the book to Seth and he instinctively took it as she half tossed it toward him...

Description of the Book:
The book is rather light and limited in content, it's cover is barely discernible and smells slightly of rotten pulp. Inside the book is filled mostly with quotes about fire beasts and other fantastical statements. The spine of the book is bare and has little left of the original designs that were inlaid on its wrap.

Note:
Any player can walk into the library in order to be involved in the plot, it doesn't just pertain to magic users.

Mysticsage

Seth took the book gingerly glad that his normal hero outfit included gloves when handling stuff like this. He ran his hand over the cover lightly. "All I can ever remember from these dreams is this book everything else is hazy and leaves my mind as soon as it enters. If my mentor was in town I'm sure she could tell us something. Though I thought for sure between the three of us we would figure out why we were having these dreams." Continuing to touch the cover a thought came to him.

"Maybe this book was more of a symbol then the actual goal. Who added it to the collection in the first place? Books rarely just apear in people's libraries especially one protected like this. I was thinking of using a bit of psychometry to see what kind of bonds this book might hold to shed some light on the matter. But I was hoping for more clues before diving into unknown memories. Even ghosts of thoughts can be enough to possess someone if they cling strong enough and the mage is unprepared."

Sigil sighed, "The problem is books like this are not found in a searchable registry I would love if Viktor could give us a basic date and place of origin he's an encyclopedia of that kind of thing."

Hasabushi

[spoiler]Hey Linwelin or Throndir you're up next, if you want to post. If not just post a PASS[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Passing, magical books probably isn't Mindsense's thing.[/spoiler]

Hasabushi