Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Bookkeeper watched as the his two teammates gave everything they had to try to break the structure. This was obviously their last push, everyone was at their limit. Exhausted as he was, Bookkeper's mind raced. What can I do? Decay takes too long to damage enough to break this thing, and I know the shield will be breaking soon. I have to do something. Something stronger! Think, Viktor, think!

It was then that a word surfaced in his mind, and the more he recognized its meaning, the more he embraced it as his next action. The boy dismissed his shield so he could focus solely on the spire in front of him. It was very likely he wouldn't be able to handle the power of what he was to do next, but he had to try!

In a weary manner, using whatever strength he could muster, Bookkeeper thrust his palm against the obelisk, and with a deep breath, shouted.

"SHATTER!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Attempting to break the obelisk one last time:  1d20-5 : 5 - 5, total 0[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Karma reroll, in hopes of getting better than a 0
[blockquote]Re-attempt:  1d20-5 : 5 - 5, total 0[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Roll to stay standing:  1d100 : 79, total 79[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

Sigil
Level: 1
HERO: 20 +5/25
VILLAIN: 0/25

[DAMAGE]
Body Area Damage Table
[spoiler]

|AREA|DAMAGE|RECOVERY|
|++++++|+++++++|++++++++|
|Head|impact|4-8 hours|
|__________|____________|_____________|
|Neck|none|none|
|chest|impact|4-8 hours|
|R.Arm|none|none|
|L.Arm|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
[/spoiler]

DMG: 40%
ERT: Needs at least 4-8 hours of downtime to recover. Possible medical care due to injuries
MND: Incapicitated

As you reach to touch the object it suddenly shatters exploding in your face, wave after wave of some sort of magical energy impacts your face and chest throwing you several feet back, you smack the ground hard knocking you out.

[info]You have earned 5 points for a heroic act! Giving you 25! Please submit a possible new skill/power[/info]

Mindsense
Level: 1
HERO: 15 +5/25

[DAMAGE]
Body Area Damage Table
[spoiler]

|AREA|DAMAGE|RECOVERY|
|Head|none|none|
|Neck|none|none|
|chest|none|none|
|R.Arm|none|none|
|L.Arm|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
[/spoiler]

DMG: Healthy
ERT: Some rest would be nice, need a recharge.
MND: Stressed

The blast from your weapon erupts with searing hot plasma, that coupled with structural damage that has already been caused is more than enough to shatter the obelisk, The figure grabs its head in pain immediately returning to normal size, crumples to his knees and takes on the appearance of old elderly weak man, with no sign of resistance of any kind.

[info]+ 5 heroic action  [/info]

Bookkeeper
Level: 2
HERO: 0 +5/50

[DAMAGE]
Body Area Damage Table
[spoiler]

|AREA|DAMAGE|RECOVERY|
|Head|none|none|
|Neck|none|none|
|chest|none|none|
|R.Arm|none|none|
|L.Arm|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
|R.Leg|none|none|
[/spoiler]

DMG: total fatigue
ERT: 4-8 hours of rest needed for recovery
MND: incapcitated

You realize as the obelisk explodes that if it wasn't for your shield you could very easily have been dead. The information overload is to much for you as you try to use the word "shatter", you can barely utter a whisper and result is to overwhelming all your nerves fire at once as you realize that it's over, you collapse to the ground barely able to hold your own weight,

[info]+ 5 heroic action [/info]

[okay]New Features[/okay]

• some changes to format of post
  • Added level stat to keep track of current level
  • Added total needed for next Hero/Villian level
  • More color coding added
  • Removed SCT and added Body Area Damage Table (BADT)
  • Added 'New Features' Section

Mysticsage

Sigil lays crumpled slightly on the ground unconscious currently not dreaming as his body slightly glows with residual energy.

[okay]Spent hero points on new magic augmentation exact details still to be established as story continues[/okay]

Linwelin

It was a risk that the boy pushed himself this far, and finally the risk caught up with him. Bookkeeper collapsed to the ground, with the only comfort being that they'd succeeded in destroying the obelisk. Whether that made the threatening figure near him cease, he didn't know. Nor could he do anything to stop it.

With that last, uncertain thought, Viktor slumped, falling to the ground in unconsciousness.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Both of her companions down on the ground. Mindsense's immediate concern went to Bookkeeper. He took the full brunt of attacks, and the way he went out looked a lot more serious than Sigil who, even now, seemed to glow, from his magical voodoo nonsense.

She made her way towards the boy, while continuing to keep her eyes on the old man.

"Who are you?" She asked, keeping her voice threatening. A moment later she proceeded to lay her hand on her young companion.

"You okay kid?" She wasn't sure if he was even conscious, but as she touched his forehead, Mindsense willed her mind into his, to see if she could somehow help in his recovery, or to find out any information on his state of being.

[info]Dice roll if needed.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/info]