Chapter 2B - By the seat of one's pants

Started by pringerbeam, February 19, 2017, 05:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Azure goo boils out of the floor taking shape in the form of tendrils and grips you by the arms and legs, pulling you to your knees.  Lord Darby walks up to you, slipping the glove from his left hand.  He slaps you with the glove.  "Answer me!"

pringerbeam

[info]Escaping the bonds is a strength+might check with 5 black dice should you choose to struggle againt them.[/info]

Mysticsage

"I in fact did not leave it unmolested I punch the thing several dozen times thank you very much. I'm sorry I'm not very good at killing monsters I'm not in the way of training. I was only following a man who was said to be acting strange by a friend and when i first met him he smelled of dried blood, which made me curious." He took the goo with another sigh making sure to block his mouth and face allowing his arms to get untangled as he fell to his knees. Feeling how tight the bonds were he now knew that he had to make sure that there was no turning back. "You looked at the body surely I gave it one good sucker punch to the face or somewhere that would have left a mark. As for why the body was in the closet I was behind it remember to open the door alone it would have had to move and fall inside. The only wounds that sailor had was from that knife that Harper got stabbed. Holt and I are far from the same height or musculature surely you can match them."

He saw the frantic fire as he took the slap head on almost biting his tongue in the process. He was lucky he was still able to speak however, "As for who sent the corpse. You've already admitted I probably wasn't in league with him if I knew I wouldn't have been on your ship I would have been trying to get the person pulling his strings behind bars." He watched the lady behind Darby, curious as to how she was taking the entire scenario. "As for who gave me my markings. I don't know who she was she hid her face and left me to rot in the street. I've only been able to piece together barely a basic understanding of what it is or what its doing to me. That's why I'm here not for any particular artifact but for the good lady's expertise. I was hoping she might be able to give me some further insights into my affliction. I came here unarmed and did not run from you if that adds any credibility."

He stopped again this time thinking through his limited backlog of information and coming up with nothing he shrugged, "As for this fang of Anubis. I haven't the foggiest who stole it or why. If you don't kill me I might be able to give you at least some answers this affliction has given me some benefits. If the corpse did not steal that fang of yours I might be able to smell them out you do not want me going in to retrieve it though The fight before is proof of my lacking skills and I doubt I could talk the object out of someone who would kill a man to use him as a puppet."

Mysticsage

[info]Quick read intentions roll considering how emotional he is and try to dig out if i think he knows more then he lets on ect.
Empathy Presence High Class
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 2, 6, 5, 4, 4, 1, total 22[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
exploding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Black Dice
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Lord Darby gives you another slap with his glove before turning around and pacing a little.  At this point Kusanagi had long since left the lecture theater.  "Your life is at my pleasure, not my need.  As I said before, I am well within my rights to kill you, though I might let Harper have that pleasure.  He was not happy with your act on the ship."  He stops his pacing with his retun to his starting position before you and agive you another slap on the face.  "So, tell me, you know nothing of anyone or anything involving the zombie sent to my ship or the theft of the fang of Anubis?  What reason then do I have to let you go?  Your keen investigative skill?  It either does not exist or you are lying to me.  Which is it?"
[info]You are unable to read Lord Darby[/info]

Mysticsage

Taking the slaps with as much grace and level headedness as one could muster for being bound to the floor with goo."Well first off sir killing a defenless man in a public space regardless of what you or others will believe, is not only messy and morally questionable, but also a waste of life in my humble opinion. Generally killing people who are talking honestly is in bad taste these days and not worth your efforts or your resources."He wondered just how long the good lady had been gone for being to distracted by Darby to notice her departure. His chances of getting to know more about his curse and talk to a pretty lady now dashed. "I'm honestly new to this whole Magic thing."

"However if you want a reason to keep me alive, like I said I have a keen sense of smell, keener then even most beast men to be certain. If you want this fang of yours found using me might be the quickest method. I imagine someone doesn't just steal from you for the bragging rights. There either selling the thing or using fast. Getting a good lead on things on your end would help you greatly.
[/color]
[info]pres bull high society
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 6, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 1, total 27[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]exploding 6
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Black Dice
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5, total 29[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Lord Darby once again gives you another slap with his glove to begin speaking.  "You know nothing of your position ruffian.  I can kill you as I please.  As a member of the house of lords I am above reproach to all but my peers and the queen herself.  You are a street rat that caused a scene at my party.  To simply let you go is a sleight that simply cannot stand."  He gives you another slap with his glove.  "I would give you a good beating, but to physically touch you would be below me and I left my cane in the coach.  Of course, ther are other options... Ignicule"

[info]Spellcasting
[blockquote]Rolled 12d6 : 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1, 2, 6, 4, 6, 6, 2, total 42[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

A flame flickers to life at the tip of his ungloved index finger.  He presses this flame into your neck and the flames sear your skin.  "Your skills are mundane.  A nose is something that Harper and his favorite wolfhound could accomplish if not outdo with little effort.  You are going to have to offer me something of true value if you want to make it out of here alive."  He kneels and looks you in the eye.  "Keep in mind, I have wealth, power, magical might, and a perfect pedigree..."  He then slaps you with his glove once again and stands.  "So whatever you offer will need to be something more that I can't obtain.  I will give you only one offer.  I suggest you make good use of it."

[info]You take 1 point of damage from the flame.[/info]

Mysticsage

Jason does his best not to scream as the burn takes affect racking his brain for the next lie or the next statement that might actually get him out of this mess alive. His current thoughts were muddled with half baked plans and bad ideas he needed to calm down and think. Don't let the chaos of the situation overwhelm him he had learned better then that in his home kitchen. If he was cooking for lord Darby he wouldn't just be cooking what he wanted he would be making what his body and soul needed to be satisfied. There was some ingredient he was missing even a small spark might crack this whole thing open

[info]Empathy Presence High Society
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 2, 4, 2, 1, 5, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
exploding 6s
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

He racked his brain at the speed of light until an idea struck him like a lightning bolt and a wide grin spread across his face in a moment after the burn, "The element of surprise. The one thing you don't have access to is simple the vary nature of chaos itself to use against your rivals." If his current level of thinking was not enough to get him out of this situation then all he had to do was deconstruct the whole moment. Trying to aim at Darby with his arguments was not where they would aim for the most impact instead turn the table directly and look past the man in front of him and aim at this brazen shadow group that was sitting across the table who had managed to get the one up on him. That way Darby would be forced out of his usual thinking and more open to being surprised himself. He could almost make out the silhouette of this person in his minds eye.

"Please, give me a moment to explain before you disregard my offer out of hand. Without dispute you have resources, wealth, power, and social standing. However,"
he paused slightly for affect "it also cannot be argued that you ever stole from you must at least match you in a number of these categories. First we know they must match you in resources because they were able to kill a man of high society and acclaim without raising alarms either publicly or privately. I saw him alive persevering a body like that and making it so that no one misses a beat even in his own staff is no small task. As for power, the corpse itself is proof of that, not only raising the dead or getting him into your party undetected, but I smelled blood before he got on the ship. Meaning I doubt he was killed through poison those kind of assassination skills to leave a body that pristine where it takes a nose like mine to notice is not to be scoffed at. Which means training and careful planning that is really only available to someone of your own station Lord Darby could have pulled this off." He stopped again letting these things hang in the air to better solidify this ethereal target in both their mind.

"Which brings me to the one thing by all accounts that this person or group has that which means they will beat you every time all other things being equal, the element of surprise and creativity. They decided not only to steal from you a man of high social standing but they did it in the most brazen and outrageous way possible by using your own guest to sneak it out right under your nose if not worse. That takes balls you have to admit and near absolute confidence in their chance in success." He paused once again looking Darby directly in the face to make sure he got the gravity of the next statement. I think you have a leak in your household or inner circle that or someone has broken through what I can only guess is impressive magical defenses to spy on you, which seems particularly difficult. But if this was one of your guild rivals paying off or forcing them to spill seems not only probable but likely." He stopped again mid thought as he moved to his final plan.

"They know you too well your Lordship they have obviously planned out your every move. If even after their agent was stopped on the boat, and then they were still able to steal from you then that shows foresight, and that your leak still exists. So your hands are a bit tied you go after the thief and the leak gives them enough warning to go to ground and mount defenses both actual and social. If on the other hand you try to stop the leaks first then you get the same outcome. So your only choice is to go after both sides of this problem at once before either can react. But the problem being if you try to split your forces then there is no way you could manage to out maneuver someone of equal strength who has planned for it.  As I see it you only have one reliable option use there own techniques against them and make your weaknesses your strength."

"They must be watching you right, and know you well enough to guess your moves if not know them directly. So while you cannot hire an army or the like you are your own best smoke screen while a rag tag group of outsiders raids your enemies stronghold and brings enough evidence out to take them to task. My friends and I are your brazen wild card. I was the one who was able to throw off their plans on the boat and since Holt was killed I doubt the leak saw my face or knows much about me. While your Lordship and Harper go to task looking for that leak thus making that group pay attention in one direction, so I can find their stronghold and get what you need to ruin them."

He was at full steam now as he finished is final blow in attempting to change sides from enemy to useful tool. "As for why you can trust me as an ally well consider that they stole Holt from me long before they used Holt to steal from you, and I do not take those slights lightly. And If I fail you haven't been implicated or lost anything a result." He finished puffing slightly talking with enough force to stop from being interrupted midstream hoping that he had done enough to sell his plan and thinking and thus aim Darby's sights away from him and to the inky shadow he had just thrown a spotlight on. "Really for you its a win win scenario if you work with me and show this jerk what it means to make such a move so out in the open."

[info]
let me know if I need to roll something to sell this.
[/info]