Slander

Started by Throndir, September 16, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casimercyril

Casimer glanced over "its been many years since i last  spoke to her, but its good to know shes doing well. We were friends really good friends when we were younger. I joined the guild for that reason really to find her. But now that i have i wonder if she would recognize me. Would she approve of who ive become?" Casimer shifted slightly looked around. And listened for a minute. Satisfied thst none else were present other than himself and vladimir he continued " you see we are cousins. Yet i was responsible for her safety, for many years i stood guard watching her admiring her skills in her crafy but also... her personality.. i envied the way she opened up and connected with her people or any people for that matter...." he trailed off into silence looking at his hands he looked to the stars trying to forget the emotions running inside.

Throndir

[spoiler]I'll jump in again once specific actions are taken, or if you guys both agree to let it continue to midnight so I can bring on the next scene. For now, RPing is good to read![/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir couldn't help hearing a bit of himself in the man's concerns and admiration. How many years had he spent simply watching others with thoughts of inferiority? How many times had he felt that those he cared about would judge him harshly for being different? He could already feel empathy with Casimer. Maybe that feeling could end up being helpful.

"I think you already answered your concern yourself, did you not? If she connects to anyone, that means she would be open to change, and the flaws of others at that. Why would the changes an old friend has gone through over many years be unacceptable? No matter what you've turned into, as long as it doesn't directly conflict with her worldview, I don't think you need to worry at all. Besides," Vladimir gave a comforting smile, "you're family.

[info]If it's already dark, then Vladimir keeps his eyes open for any suspicious movement.

[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

casimercyril

Casimer sat quietly pondering what vladimir said. "I appreciate it, i think if all this.." he point around gesturing to the area ".. goes well i may visit her in the guild and sèe if things can be rekindled in our friendship." Relaxing a bit he settled into a calm silence.

casimercyril

Quotecasimer waits for midnight

Throndir

[info]Casimer go ahead and roll Perception: 1d20+17[/info]

casimercyril

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 7 + 17, total 24[/blockquote]

Throndir

The both of you waited until midnight at the unused arena that was just next door to the tavern. There were times when occasional bouts of combat were run in there, though it had been awhile since the last one. Fights were mainly from tavern-goers who had too much to drink, but had enough respect for the establishment to take their quarrels outside, and thus make their way to this very arena.

Both Casimer and Vladimir noticed the tell-tale sounds of footsteps from a distance away. You expected them to show themselves, but it took a couple more minutes until the first visible sign appeared. A lone shadow had appeared - it was the same man who had instigated the fight. However, from the footsteps you both had heard earlier, you knew that there were more than just this single person.

Like before, he was armed to the brim. He had various amounts of weapons strapped to his belt, ranging from swords and daggers, as well as what looked to be cases for bolts. On his back was something he didn't have in the tavern. It was a large and magnificent axe - it actually looked rather unwieldy. Even in the moonlight, you could see his face and his confident smile, it was plain to see that he was confident of himself. The man was a tall and burly human. He had a thick frame, and his arms were just as thick and large as well.

"I agreed to meet just one of you filthy guild members. And now there's two?" He said mockingly as he started making his way to the arena.

Linwelin

QuoteI have 90 ft darkvision, am I still unable to see the people he brought with him despite my 22 perception? Once I know that answer, I'll post.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Vladimir
You were able to see atleast two others with him through your darkvision. You recognized the two of them as part of the same table that left the tavern earlier that day. Though, from the sounds you had heard, you guessed there were to be more who had either hidden away behind the various buildings and corners of the immediate area, or did not readily approach as compared to the individual who had openly shown himself.

Linwelin

"Oh, I'm just here as a witness. It's not like we're trying to kill you. Nor vice-versa, I'm sure." Vladimir responded with a subtle sharpness. "A fair fight, one-on-one, is exactly what was agreed upon. After all, you brought, what, four more with you? Five? Well, it's not much of an issue, as I'm sure an upstanding gent such as yourself would only fight fairly."

Vladimir scans the horizon and waves at the few in the distance he does note, holding nothing but a candid expression on his face, feigning ignorance of their likely plans. Cowards. Of course, he's bluffing about the number, but reasoned it was a good guess, with his past bounty hunting experience. They're the types he'd end up hunting, honestly.

Vladimir then whispered to Casimer beside him, "If they try anything, I'll jump in. But otherwise I hope this deters some of their actions. Though there may be more, so fight carefully in case we're ganged up on in the end." Vladimir gave the draconic elf a couple reassuring pats on the back.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

casimercyril

Nodding in thanks Casimer walked into the ring after the man. The ring had no solid walls but once inside the noises of the night suddenly went quiet as if no noise could penetrate the circle of arches. Moving in to the center of the ring casimer faced his opponent and asked in a steady voice "i challenged so you may state the rules of the fight." Scanning the edges of his perifrial vision across the stadium and then to the other side of his vision he assessed his surroundings waiting for the man to speak.

Throndir

"Just insurance, I assure you." The man stated plainly. "I can never be too careful around your guild after all. And of course I'll fight fairly." He snapped his finders then, and all of a sudden two more individuals had appeared behind him. Two of them were familiar - they were the ones who sat at the table with the first man. Vladimir recognized these two as the ones he had seen just moments before, for Casimer, this was the first time noticing the two.

"They're here to watch." He explained.

However, both of you knew that there were still more hidden about, judging form the noise you had heard earlier. That other noise wasn't particularly loud, and normally you would have mistaken the sounds as part of the three individuals who had shown themselves, but your senses were keen enough to pick up the slight alterations in tell-tale sounds of their footsteps to know that whoever the others were, they were trying to keep their presence hidden.

"First person to surrender loses. If you surrender, grovel on the ground and hand over that sword." He said as he pointed to the weapon Casimer carried.

casimercyril

"Naturally" Casimer stated with a shrug "so then shall we begin?"  Casimers eyes started to shine with excitement and he took a light boxing stance hands balled in fists near his cheeks. Other than his breathing he didnt move an inch he tune his senses in to the surrounding area listening for any type of other movements that disturbed the fact that the three were alone.

Linwelin

Vladimir silently watches as the duel commences. It's obvious that the man is a good fighter, but there's a chance he won all those weapons through foul play. The rogue decided it was best to keep his eyes open and wits about him. Only two men came into view, but there were obviously more. He would act once he sensed any sort of movement.

[info]Vladimir remains as a bystander, but is staying actively wary of those in the dark, and will move as soon as they do. Until they move, just ignore me and keep posting.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_