Slander

Started by Throndir, September 16, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Max 3 people. 200 exp for joining. Extra exp depending on resolution. If no other players join, assume 'other guild mates' are NPC guild members.

Takes place after the events of the Tournament, and Guild Hall Defense.[/info]
You, along with a couple of your other guild mates found yourselves at the Gorged Dragon. It was a tavern that was popular amongst the guild members of Galas'nor. Partly due to the fact that it wasn't very far away, and though the guild's own bar tended to those in the guild, the Gorged Dragon always had the allure of meeting the other denizens of the city, as well as getting information that might not be so readily available if one were stuck in the guild hall's bar.

You had just gotten yourself settled, and along with your guild mates, had started to order some drinks and refreshments, greeting the barmaids with the usual greeting. However, you hear some voices speaking, they were loud and boisterous.

"You hear about them losers from that guild? Galas'nor?" One man asked his companion. Though he made no attempt to whisper or keep it quiet. There were a couple of individuals on the table. Many of them were armed to the brim. The other one replied back.

"Which one? There's this pretty boy there... What was his name? Cry-Ass? I forget. I hear that's his role in the guild. Just look pretty." The second person responded just as loudly.

The first person shook his head.

"No, no. What was his name again..."

"Either way, they're all cheats. Get this, you notice how both the final teams in the tournament were from their guild? They probably just bribed their way to the top I tell you! I heard they've begun robbing people blind too. That bastard guild."

They all laughed loudly.

Both of their voices were loud, and even the usual tavern patrons began to hush down as they eyed both your table and the other table warily.

casimercyril

The friction in the room was thick enough to cut with a dull blade, Casimer finished his drink and slowly stood. Walking casual to the bar he passed their table slowly glancing down at the last man to talk, lingering his gaze into the mans eyes so that he could see the guild signia across his left cheek bone. Continuing passed the table without even stopping he placed his mug on the counter asking the bartender for something a little stronger and he patiently waited for his drink to arrive by leaning on the counter facing the upset gentlemens table. ''You there, you talk as if you know a lot about the guild!'' Casimer addressed the man loudly so all could hear his light steely voice, crossing his arms he waited for the man to reply as he drank some of his ale.

Throndir

"Oh? Yeah I do." The man stated, not backing off from Casimer's stare.

"And what about you? I see that damn guild's insignia is on your face. Like some sort of festival." He chuckled.

There were a couple of other guild members in the tavern as well, though many of them were either not very keen on confrontations, and thus had chosen to remain silent. Though there were more than a couple who angrily looked towards the stranger bad-mouthing their guild. They nodded approvingly as Casimer spoke up.

"I hear them scammers are even stealing from us regular people too! There's that Kat-what-rias' enchantment store that overprices everything. Not to mention that snobby elf wizard, waz' her name? Alanornia or something stupid? Get this, they even pretended to be the Clasp Society to steal a few coins!"

"Good for nothing bastards the lot of them." The man spoke again, ensuring his voice was loud enough for the entire tavern to hear.

casimercyril

By the time the man had finished his words Casimer had had enough standing up to his full high his eyes blazed with anger, his scales lifted as his muscles tightened. He walked closer to the man till he was barely an inch from the mans face. "The guild doesnt need to stoop so low as to steal money our contracts tend to speak for themselves. And as for your inability to pay for decent wares.. well you are in control of your own coin. And if you ever disrespect  Alaenoria or my comrades honor behind their backs you will have me to deal with." Casimer then reached back and with agonizing slowness drew his sword letting it rasp out with a low metal on metal scraping sound until it was free of the sheath, then tilted it point down and simply dropped it to the floor. Rather than hitting the floor and falling over like any normal sword probably would have his sword weighed so much that it hit the wooden floor timbers and kept going cracking and diging its way half a foot into the floor with a loud crunch. Still staring at the man he said as smooth as death itself "unless you care to take this up outside."

casimercyril

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]

Throndir

The man himself was pretty well-armed, but as he looked at you, considering both your stance and the myriad of weapons you had, he seemed to back off.

"I got no time for fighting." The man said under his breath, avoiding your gaze. Though one of the men beside him seemed to nudge him.

"Sounds like cowardice, you're going to let him do that to ye'?"

"Bah!" This time the man looked towards you, and he himself placed a hand on his own weapon. "Face-painted festival guild member you are. Breaking property too." He said with a snide remark as he gestured towards the floor, but he continued to stand and make his way out the door.

"As for me, I'm not going to throw the first punch in the tavern, if you think you're still man enough, I'll meet you outside this tavern, midnight tonight!"

QuoteYou can feel free to accept or decline his proposal. If you accept, you still have the rest of the day for preparations so feel free to state what you want to do. Eg: buy some new weapons, armor, etc, etc. Or anything else you can think of. Let me know if you need more information about the city, the tavern, the guild, etc.

casimercyril

Casimer watched as the man and his friends walked out of the tavern. Reaching down he lifted his sword free of the timbers and resheathed it carefully so as to not hit anyone by accident. Walking to the counter he put a few gold coins out and asked calmly with no sign of his earlier rage. "Tender will this be enough for repairs to the floor?"

casimercyril

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 9 - 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Throndir

The bartender, a thick man, though bald and clean shaven only grinned as you approached. The other man from before, as well as his tablemates soon left their table, following after their supposed leader.

Your attempt at placating the bartender's mood, wasn't a very good one. Though, perhaps it was for the fact that his tavern was visited often by guild members that the bartender shrugged. "This tavern's always lively because of the guild, and you guys have always visited as patrons." The bartender said as he looked at the few coins that were placed on the counter. He picked up the coins and pocketed them, and a moment later, with practiced motion, he pulled out what looked to be a mug of beer. He placed that in front of you.

"On the house. Besides, a tavern brawl isn't something particularly out of the ordinary. Best not to pay any attention to those sharp words in my opinion, many of them are simply envious of the guild's resources and stature." For the most part, what the bartender said was true, among the guilds of the city, the guild of Galas'nor had the most renown, being a part of the guild since the founding of the city even, if some of the records hold true. The guild also had the most influence in the city, and it wasn't a simple mistake that most of the teams representing in the tournament just a few days ago had been all from the very guild you were a member of.

QuoteSubtracting 2 gold from inventory. You can continue RPing, or state some specific actions you want to do.

casimercyril

A small grin broke across Casimers face as he reached over to grab the mug on the counter, he twisted it between his two hands lost in thought then drank it in three slow long gulps sighing loudly and slapping the mug back on the counter. Turning toward the group of guild members still sitting at the table he nodded slightly in farewell and exited the tavern.

The sun was low on the horizon but still bright enough to light the streets around the tavern, Casimer closed his eyes and faced the sun letting the little heat from the setting sun touch his face. Opening his eyes he looked around at the small courtyard like area for guests to enjoy bread and mead outside in the daylight hours. To small for a fight he thought. Looking beyond that there was a mid sized fight ring a bit old from disuse but it would suffice with a solid dirt floor and sturdy stone arches encircling it, the ring would satisfy all the needs of the duel to come so he walked over and sat nearest the tavern against one of the arches and closed his eyes, relaxing his muscles and calmed his mind readying himself. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a folded piece of paper opened it up and stared steely eyed at it. Folding it up and stuffing it back in his pocket he waited patiently.

Linwelin

[info]Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this! I feel like it could get interesting[/info]

It was not the first time Vladimir had heard words like this spouted among the crowd. What he was not used to, however, was the slander of the good guild members. He'd have understood Lyolf, Jin, Gandin, Callista, or any of the mischievous bunch. But the shopkeepers? And the theatrical feat that some members pulled to avoid violence in a crowd? It was a low blow.

Seemingly he wasn't the only one who thought so, as another guild member, more bold than himself, stepped up to confront their words. "Casimer, huh? I've not run into him before. Seems upstanding enough, I suppose I'll just see how he handles it." Vladimir took a sip of him ale and watched. After all, sticking to the shadows and sidelines was his forte; why would he want the limelight?

The argument progressed quickly, with both sides heating up, until Casimer challenged them to a duel. The most surprising turn of events was the drawing and dropping of the sword blade. "I took him to be more of a finesse combatant from his build, but the weight of that blade is something else! Interesting..." The action obviously unsettled the duo of slanderers, but to Vladimir's surprise, they accepted and set the time to midnight.

It was Vladimir's turn to be unsettled. Folk that spoke like that in taverns and acted like this weren't the fair and good sort. Purposely setting the time to midnight was basically shouting out that they intended to be underhanded. For his guild member's sake, Vladimir needed to be there as well. Maybe just off to the side, but external interference needed to be prevented.

After watching the two sides leave the tavern, Vladimir himself made his way out the front door. To his surprise, he found Casimer simply waiting outside the establishment. Is he going to wait here the whole time? Well, I suppose I need not worry about traps in the fighting ring itself, then, if he's just going to watch the whole time. He thought to himself.

"Casimer! I heard what went on in there. You handled that well. I'm only disappointed they didn't scare off after viewing your sword." Vladimir offered his hand. "Call me Vladimir. I'm a guild member, myself."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

casimercyril

Standing up Casimer took vladimirs hand smiling slightly. "Aye that makes two of us, but I can't let that stand. Besides they shouldn't prove to much trouble unless they prove cowards." Realeasing vladimir's hand he leaned lightly on the arch. Looking vladimir up and down "I think we've crossed paths before.. maybe when first I entered the guild perhaps?"

Linwelin

Vladimir nodded, "Yes, I'm sure we've passed in the hall a few times now. Though I tend to keep to myself mostly, so we've never spoken. Hearing the slander of our guild just rubbed me the wrong way to the point where I felt I needed to do something as well." Vladimir motioned back down at the seats, taking one himself. "As for those men from earlier, you hit the nail on the head. No one asks for a midnight duel without the intent for cowardice. Especially since it sounded like he wasn't going to accept at first." Vladimir settled a bit more in his seat. "That's why I'm staying. I have means to see in the dark, so if they have reinforcements hidden, we can be alert about them."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

casimercyril

Casimer nodded his thanks. After a few minutes of silence Casimer looked over and slowly asked "Do you deal much with Alaenoria the herbalist?" He looked down a little as if into thought. His body relaxed a bit with the hint of a smile on his lips. Suddenly he shivered as if shaking off a blanket of thoughts and he again focused his gaze on vladimir. He acted as if nothing odd had just happened though his scales seemed a bit more reddish in the moonlight as if blushing.

Linwelin

Vladimir raised his eyebrow, studying Casimer after the question. He couldn't help smirking as he saw the reminiscing and reddening. He turned forward again, leaning back into his seat and looking into the sky. "Alaenoria? I've only come across her a few times now. No, I don't deal with her much, but I'm aware of how respected she is among Galas'nor." Vladimir gives Casimer a sidelong glance. "Why?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_