Chapter 1.5 - Phantoms, Hackers and Drivers. [Zephyr, Roland]

Started by Oath, September 01, 2016, 03:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

The night continues on, everyone going about their separate business, rain pounds the pavement and the unfortunate souls that need to get about on foot are scurrying about the streets. Thanks to the storm the night feels eerily quiet, creating a great environment for planning a run. Nobody snooping, nobody shooting, just rain.

Zephyr

The Paper Lantern was about as busy as you would expect, given the weather. A handful of higher class patrons enjoying the company of girls and the flavor of drink. You passed by the bar where a fellow was mixing a drink and he greeted you with a smile and pointed towards the back. You knocked on the door as per usual, and Kyoko signaled to enter. She sat on a sofa, a table with some hors d'oeuvres was laid out between her and another sofa. She motioned for you to sit, and the bartender entered with the drinks he had been mixing, one for you, one for her. You sat on the couch and she finally spoke. "So tell me, Zephyr, what is your plan."

Roland

Information about V&W came to you with surprising ease. They were a company that manufactured various security apparatuses designed primarily for public use. Cameras, scanners, and things along those lines. They had no extraterritoriality, no information in regards to security was present, but it was safe to assume that if nothing else a botch could trigger Lonestar. The building was three stories tall, and had a basement as well. for four floors in total. More specific information was unavailable, but it was a good start. The surrounding buildings were the same height or shorter, and the roads were two way, four lane streets with some offshoots that were simple two lane streets.

a bit later you received a short message from Machiavelli "If you want to take a short trip to check out the area let me know and I'll be on my way."

Mysticsage

Zephyr nodded sat on the sofa opposite and smiled warmly as the drinks came to them. He sipped his for a measured moment, it was rude to leave a lady drinking alone and this was a good way  to steady his nerves regardless. Looking down to the AR display set up in the coffee table between them laid out all the details of the impending job, fully aware that they most likely knew everything already. After the basics were established he steadied himself for the pitch. "So as you can see I doubt this job will mean much in terms of payment, sure the less risk is why I thought it was a good idea in the first place. But I see no reason why everyone cannot walk away with a bit of good will and extra nuyen. The man in question is an inventor and any deals for sale of his schematics will most likely fall through from rumor alone. The nature of high level security being what it is and all I worry about payment and the like, so I thought I'd bring the matter to be sort out in your auction room."

Zeyphr was picking up steam them, "He gets security from the corps or whoever bids the highest for it because we all know that with secrets like this any outsider, even the creator would be seen as a lose end. With your expertise and ability to turn ideas like that into gold enough for a dragon he would be able to sell at a higher level. And I get paid from you at the end of the day along with anything extra I can grab, which is far safer and more likely to payout and not leave me dry. What you get is your usual cuts for the sale plus any extra paydata I can find. Plus a look at a possible new security system before its developed is priceless and he migh be open to working with us in the future for other designs. I doubt he'd fit the role of armor but having someone like that on call would be helpful to everyone if only as a resource."

He paused to read her as she looked over the data. "I realize there is a risk involved, I'm not at fighting weight just yet after last time, and the pay may be less then usual. But I'm ansy and the idea of looking at more of another inventor's secrets has piqued my interest and while I doubt we can sell everything I find. We still can find a use for it I'm sure enough to make up the difference of any possible loss on your end, which I'm willing to soak as best I can. So what do you say, can I ask you to get involved and work your magic on the floors downstairs? It would put my mind at ease to know that it won't at least fall through and burn me the moment the job is complete and be stuck with a smoking gun."

[info]
Negotiation
[blockquote]Rolled 11d6 : 6, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, total 38[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]using edge reroll misses
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 6, 3, 5, 5, 4, 1, 5, 6, total 35[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

Roland rolled his mostly naked body out of his bed and walked over to his closet.  Pulling out his three-piece imitation armored business suit he began to dress himself, placing his comlink on top of his safe as he did so in order to update his video will.  After the few minutes that took he looked himself in the mirror, making sure that he looked passable as an average corp towncar driver.  He pulled two ties out of his wardrobe and held them up.  "Eh... I don't think I'll be needing the clip-on.  Hopefully old Danny never passed on that lesson about strangling people with their own ties to any corpsec."  He put the tie around his neck and let it hang untied as he opened the safe.  He looked at the bag of powder he had swiped from the job the other day.  "Damnit forgot to cut that shit." He let out a slight huff and checked the time on his comlink.  "Guess I will need to just pack a little bit and cut the rest later."  Roland took the tie off from around his shoulders and threw it on the bed behind him.  Grabbing the bag of drugs he hurried down to his kitchen rolling up his sleeves on the way and donned an apron upon arrival.  Whipping out a kitchen knife, he sliced open the bag and emptied the contents into a mixing bowel.  Starring at the powder it occurred to Roland that he didn't actually know what he swiped from the crackheads' stash.  Licking his left pinky and quickly dipping slightly into the powder he licked the drugs that attached to his finger to try and discern what he was dealing in.  Shrugging his shoulders he measured out a two small portions with tablespoon and deposited them into their own smaller baggies.  Hurried for time, he then covered the mixing bowel with plastic wrap and stuck in his refrigerator next to some leftover Chinese food before throwing the apron off onto its hook.  He returned upstairs and donned his tie and the jacket of his armored suit before looking himself over in the mirror and making sure he didn't get any suspicious powder on his clothes.  Finally, he geared up, pulling up his left pants leg to strap on a concealed holster into which he secured the Streetline special which he pulled from his discarded pants from earlier.  He then took his jacket back off to put on a shoulder holster into which he secured his trusty Sporter on his left and a pack of cigarettes in the right holster.  Pulling the jacket back on as he went downstairs Roland grabbed the two bags of drugs off the counter and stuck them into one of the jacket's inner pockets on his way into the garage.
     Roland began driving towards the V&W headquarters typing out a set of coordinates to Machiavelli to meet him at.  Smiling as he drove, he turned on some tunes and spoke to himself: "It's showtime."

[info]Does Roland figure out what the drugs are?
Also idk how to put in the bgm thing that never worked for me but Roland's tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Yc3HhSl1Q

Edit: sorry it embedded the video, didn't think it would do that lol[/info]