[Vladimir] Life is but a Dream

Started by Linwelin, July 07, 2014, 10:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

His hunger and blood-thirst sated, Vladimir headed to his 'home' in the slums. He'd saved some of the feathers from his 'prey', which led to him actually having a decent pillow on his straw pile of a bed. This particular corner was undesirable by others due to it not even having a slight amount of light reach it. It was perfect darkness, which allowed him to not have to worry about his possessions being stolen, nor any sort of sun-born illness. Not that he TRULY owned anything. His money was always on his person, everything else was luxury. Just in case he WAS discovered, Vladimir made sure not to have an actual feather bed. Otherwise it would be obvious he was the rumored chicken-thief. Still, this straw bed, chicken down pillow, and a burlap sack of living tools (cooking supplies, repair kits for gear and clothes, whetstones for blades, thief tools, etc) were his home. And though little, he was very grateful. With that in mind, the methuselan flopped down on his bed to rest, planning to sleep until the afternoon.

Once the day was half over, Vladimir donned his cloak in and headed to the gallery. He could see the guard before even getting close; the keep was obviously well-protected after the fliers from the night before, just as expected. It also seemed that the lord had closed the gallery for the day in preparation for the threatening duo. Still, Vladimir knew he needed to be inside before the time. He needed to be in the room before it was snatched away. And thus, he needed to get past the guard. It took him a few hours to case the entryway and other openings into the small castle, but he managed to find some weaknesses. Well, not normally, but with his super-human prowess, they became accessible. There were a line of windows above the moat, some of which had their shutters open. He used the crowd to cloak his approach, then split once he was far enough from the main entrance that no one was watching. From there, all that was left was waiting for the right opportunity, and having an entry plan. He had all he needed materials-wise, but just needed less light.

Dusk was approaching, and finally, the sun did not shed light on his target. Vladimir turned to his true form momentarily to gain a boost of strength and finesse, allowing him to land his hook just within the window across the moat, tugging a couple times to make sure it was secure. It was there his first trick began. The thief came to the edge of the moat, tying a rope to a post across the road, and securely fastening the lid of a crate to his feet. Carefully, Vladimir lowered himself into the water to not make a splash, holding the grapple rope in his teeth for when he reached the water. He leaned against the wall of the moat as he removed the slack from his grapple rope, then slowly dragged himself across the moat with it, floating above the crate lid. The reasons he did this instead of swim were important. One, he couldn't leave traces of water as he ran through the keep, it would be too suspicious. Two, he needed to keep his supplies dry for upcoming feats. And finally, to create as little noise as possible. Splashing could attract unwanted attention if he swam.

Upon reaching the wall of the keep, Vladimir released the lid from his feet and began scaling the wall, allowing the wooden lid to float away as though it were normal moat debris. The climb was easy enough, and the room was a storeroom, as he'd assumed from his scouting earlier. He patted off any water from his shoes and legs with some of the stored linens in the room, then gathered a few of the items he'd kept around for bounty hunts. A few thunderstones and smokesticks for fooling the main guard, and his grappling hook in case the need to climb arose. After making sure of where each item was along his belt, Vladimir slowly opened the storeroom door.

Luckily enough, the halls here were devoid of people, it was not until he neared the gallery portion of the keep that the sound of guards became audible. He carefully crept toward an alcove in the hall and assessed the guard. There were four in total. Two on the outlying portion of the hallway, still able to view the gallery door, and one on either side of said door. 'This will be a bit tricky...' Vladimir thought to himself. With that he removed a smokestick and a thunderstone from their respective pouches at his waist and started his distraction.

First, the outlying guards. Vladimir cracked a threw a smokestick. Behind him. Once the smoke had spread evenly a bit, he threw a thunderstone into the smoke, causing a cacophonous roar to echo down the hall. The guards rushed toward the smoke, assuming fire. This had them run right past Vladimir in his alcove, none the wiser. Next, two more smokesticks, the first to act as a screen for Vladimir's movements as well as cutting off the auxillary guards' sight. The second, once he was within his smokescreen, to cloud the doorway. With the smoke done, he tossed a second stone into the smoke by the door, dazing and confusing the guard. In that instance, Vladimir rushed from his cloud to theirs, and immediately rattled the door, which he could easily navigate thanks to his darkvision. Then, the true mindgames.

"DAMN! The door! They must have slipped inside! Quick, open it!" Vladimir shouted. With this situation, they would his voice was one of the guards. As he did so, he prepared one last smoke stick. As the dazed guards haphazardly opened the doors in panic, Vladimir slipped the smokestick through the door so vision was still obscured upon entry. This was the tough part. They had ten feet of smoke to walk through until they could see, then the plan was either a success or failure. He needed a place to hide before then. Looking around, he spotted a sculpture in the corner he could huddle behind for a moment, and quickly darted the 30 foot distance to get to it.

Unfortunately, he now had to get in view of the painting with guards patrolling the gallery. Luckily, he'd deafened the current ones, so he needed to take advantage before reinforcements took their place. Knowing they could only use their eyes, he waited until they were turned before sprinting into the next room, and continued on at a stop-and-go pace until he reached the hall with the painting. He was tempted to go and take a look at the piece of art, but knew now was not that time. He knew the guards would be in this room in-force shortly, and needed a solid hiding spot for the next couple hours. Looking around for a moment, Vladimir noticed that the rafters in the corner of the hall had enough auxillary support that he could wait there. He quickly threw his grapple up there, tucked the rope in his belt so it came up with him, and climbed up the wall to his lookout.

Vladimir spoke confidently before falling silent for his vigil, 'Come, fairies. Let's see who you REALLY are.'
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

When the appointed moment on the flyer arrived golden beams of moonlight were streaming in from the large harvest moon. Even in this hall that had windows only at the uppermost part of the wall right before the roof. It cast it?s light onto the many pictures status and panting that lined the walls. It illuminated nearly the entire room in its cool glow though it left most of what would make the pieces recognizable in shadow. So only bits of noses or half a face could be seen leaving the rest masked. It made the room feel almost uncomfortably full like everything was watching waiting with baited breath for what was to come next.

The guards were not helping matters since they were no on edge and looking for a fight after what Vlad had done to get into the room. The prize they were meant to be guarding the prized portrait of the city was in its marble display in the center of the room. Covered with a satin cloth the large rectangular frame was held in place by two female angel staues. Each holding it?s hand as if it was admiring a picture of paradise itself with tears of joy falling down their obscured faces.

Then a single black winged butterfly floated in on the night air. The light and pollen from it?s wings looking like it was leaving a trail of stardust behind it.  Anyone who could see it closer would have said the butterfly seemed to create its own light, as it never was in shadow no matter how it fluttered. It took a moment but then it landed on the balcony of the window ledge poised as if to take of again only it opened its wings as if to push of the grounded and into the air again. Only it did not take flight the air around the insect began to shimmer with power and a small seem of blackness appeared like a tear in the sky. This tear quickly opened to a full-blown portal and what seemed to be a whole swarms of the insects were suddenly in the room.

When the first two guards who touched the insects instantly crumpled to the floor seemingly unconscious they realized what these things were.

They were the first wave of attack.

The portal the first butterfly opened however still had not closed. As a final act the portal let thorough two figures who cast a striking figure against the moonlight. Kryas and Serena now ?Oberon and Tatiana? stepped through wearing ornate glittering costumes and butterfly masks. They looked like a mix between rouge attire and costumes meant for a masquerade ball.

?I see there were a few who accepted our invitations!? Oberon smirked

?Welcome one and all too our midnight ball! And by the time the night is over we will be parting with our Prize! So lets all try to have some fun tonight.?

The butterflies advance on the other guards quickly who have managed to fend off the delicate creatures and stand their ground, but every time a shape edge catches an insect the pieces seem to just propagate more of winged things. For a moment it seems like the thieves are enjoying simply watching things unfold before they make their move. 

Linwelin

...Well they most certainly are something else...I guess I should have expected such exuberance in their actions, considering the fliers. But attacking with butterflies? That's new. Vladimir kept to the shadows as he made his move. Running swiftly and silently across the rafters, he made his way just above the duo without any cause for alarm, then swiftly rappelled down behind them using his grappling hook and rope. He landed soundlessly behind them, then ran up to the man and slid his kukri under his chin, pressing it to his throat without drawing blood.

"I do not enjoy killing, so please do not force my hand. I will ask a couple questions, then you will leave. I do not care to know your true identities unless you wish to give them. First, why would you wish to steal from such a generous man, more so an item he openly displays for public appreciation? There is no merit to the act, nor respect gained. Unless you simply wished to perform a magic trick. Second, why do you even want such an item?"
Vladimir leveled his rapier to parry any attempted aid from his compatriot as he held the man hostage. He was ready to defend this with his life, his pride as an accomplished thief and hunter on the line.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"It seems a mouse has decided to join our party? Kryas chuckled not even fighting against the blades edge, ?so little mouse why do you care about the affairs of fairies? We understand that art is alive filled with the emotions that its creator had in that moment. It literary takes on a part of her soul. Such emotions mixed with those of the space it is placed in can be quite a dangerous thing. Such lively art caught our attention need thieves need any more reason to steal then that??

Oberon seemed unafraid of the imminent danger in fact it only seemed to make him more excited. ?You are quite a brave mouse for showing yourself so brazenly for that I must reward you with a bit of knowledge. His voice was almost on the verge of a cackle in that moment like a madman might have. ?You chose poorly on who to hold hostage, I in fact am not the direct threat despite my flashy entrance.?

It was in that moment that Serena brushed her hand against Vlad's cheek smiling gently. She had managed to snake her way partially  in front of  the thief. Her smile did not move from her lips as her touch began to singe the vampire with holy energy. As he instinctively recoiled she used this chance to his arm and head in a judo lock. Using the momentum of his sudden movement against him she swept one of  his legs out from under him which turned his flinch into a twisting fall. Now with nothing to ground him Vlad was at her mercy. Her grapple quickly turned into a full on head and arm lock which she used with his twisting fall to pull him with her like a rag doll throwing the par of them onto the art gallery floor bellow using her partners back like a gymnastic trampoline.

When the world had stooped spinning he was laying on his back with a massive headache after cracking a few granite stones with his head. The female thief with stunning blue hear was a good ten feet away with hands behind her back as if to look cute. That same smile as before now seeming to taunt him into action.

"You have a surprisingly hard head mr mouse! I even tried to hold back to avoid any serious harm, but it looks like such worries were unfounded. I promise to no longer underestimate your constitution." Serena had spent to much time with Kryas and as a spiritual medium not to have perfected a poker face that masked any true emotion. She could cry on command, console the dead without fear, or even battle  opponents concealing her thoughts and movements with nothing more then a smile.

"My apologize, but I won't let you sneak your way past me a second time. My friends are special to me you see and if you try and attack my partner again I won't hold back. So, unless you want to see how hard I can hit when I am seriously trying to hurt you, I suggest you stop playing the hero. Though if you truely wish to continue I will gladly entertain you till you lose consciousness." Serena continued.

" Don't forget while you and I  have your fun my partner will be stealing the painting. So the time you have to make your decision is quickly coming to an end. I will tell you however if you choose heroics over wisdom you better pull at some resolve. A protagonist who does not have the drive and motivation required will get boos from the audience before he even has a chance to pull his sword. And when the villains have all the favor well let's just say we win."

She was trying her best to morph her spiritual lecture into as villains monoluge. She could sense Kryas almost bursting into a fit of laughter behind her. She would not allow herself to lose focus not when they were so close to having him wake up. Vlad had his hurdle infront of him now. As long as she could force him to use his strength for something positive that should provide the mental shock required to wake him. They were not aiming for a paradigm shift. In fact, based off of what she had seen she guessed that any real change in attitude was decades down the road.

Linwelin

Though Vladimir had a pretty good sense of balance and direction, it was all lost in that single moment of close-quarters combat. No, it was probably worse BECAUSE of his sensitivity. And by the time he could make sense of where he was, his face was against the cold castle stone a good 10 feet from the aggressor. How she escaped his vision in the blink of an eye like that, he'll never know. But it was obvious that this pair wasn't normal. And weren't fey, or at the very least not the usual sort. He could tell that from his slightly burned cheek, which he rubbed lightly.

"You seem to have a divine touch, woman. Hardly fairy-like. You've certainly donned the title of 'thief' in every sense, including taking a stranger's visage for your own." Vladimir was now crouched, though he had his back slightly turned to the duo while getting up. His speech had a skeptic tone to it, which soon turned into a slight monologue, "And as much as I may respect that, there's a problem. Normally would not get in the way of the larceny of others, you're correct. But you see, every good thief has a code, a set of personal rules; and your reasons for this heist are trouncing on mine." He ended the statement with a quick switch from an explanatory voice to one of anger, and right as he stood you noticed a chunk of something slide at your feet, which immediately bloomed in a cloud of smoke. "So excuse me if I deny your claim to pin me down." While the cloud and speech had distracted Titania, the methuselan had also chucked a piece of rock behind and between the two 'fairies'. All that could be sensed was a 'click' as it exploded in a cacophonous roar, vibrating through the fairies' body down to their bones, immediately deafening them.

One blind, both deaf and semi-stunned. Good. It was a rather amateur mistake to let go of me, I'm glad she did. Vladimir turned around to begin rushing for the painting, bypassing the smoke cloud around Titania entirely. He realized now, especially due to at least one of them being divine, that he could not fight. So he would use the dirty tactics he'd come to embrace in these past years, taking the prize, then running and returning it at a later date. He knew he had no room to hold back, either, and thus mid-sprint, shifted to his true form. Hypodermic fangs, elongated extremities, crimson eyes, claw-like nails. In every sense, it was demonic, and he detested it. But this form had it's uses, and he'd come to terms with that. One was the improved strength and dexterity, which allowed him to rush toward the painting with astounding speed.

Oberon could still see, but there was no way he could catch up, and the deafness would likely cause his spells to fail. It took only a few seconds to reach the wall on which the art hung, and so before the duo could recover Vladimir reached out to grab the piece.

And froze.

"What...What is...How could this be?...Liliana? Soren?" Vladimir was struck speechless, tears welling up in his eyes. The portrait before him depicted his deceased wife, cradling their son in her arms. And it was moving, just as the rumors said. A vision he'd thought he'd lost forever, that he'd never see again, was now right before him. And he didn't know what to do; he couldn't think nor move, but only watch. Unconsciously, he reverted to his human form, and collapsed to his knees, his eyes locked on the painting. "This can't be real..."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

The distress that Vladimir was seeing in that moment washed off him in waves causing the whole dreamscape to darken with pain. Feeding off his anguish the surrounding building bgan to twist into a more frightening Gothic version of itself. The beautiful statues of lovers becoming snarling demons with fangs and claws. The stained glass windows turned crimson like the color of blood casting everything in an unsettling glow. The white marble turned black as obsidian, which almost seemed to sparkle in the soft red light.

"This is not good Oberon things are getting a bit out of hand here we've been found." Serena called up to Kryas as she did a whirlwind kick to force the smoke to dissipate. That was when those guards that had been forced unconscious began to rise as if they were themselves undead. Their bodies were rigid and they moved as if wet cement was churning through their veins. Of those who had visible eyes all you could see were the ghostly whites as the foamed from the mouth. When they were all standing once again they began to transform further into horrible monsters. Their forms exploded with jagged red crystals  their now hulking hands became sharp with claws. Nightmares of crystallized pain looking to clear any and all intruders  and that included the person who created them.

They moved with surprising speed towards the catatonic man. With claws like razors the first hoard would have torn him and the painting to shreds, if it was not for the barrier of shimmering butterflies that  exploded into existence between them. "That won't hold them off long. but maybe we can use this to our advantage." Kryas whispered as he jumped down from his ledge with a knowing gaze.

Serena catching the hint moved close to Vladimir still holding the painting, "Vladimir, don't you see this is the true face behind this buildings fascade. They steal peoples memories and lock them away. We are the ones who steal them back."  She could hear the monsters despreatly struggling against the barrier she need to act fast. "But now we have a problem, if we don't fight them here then we will all end up dead." She leaned in close for this last part. "Think of your family my friend they would want you to fight."

It was then that the wall gave way.

Linwelin

Vladimir panicked as he looked around and watched the world twist into something else, something...foul. He was only barely able to focus on the words spoken to him. This is a dream? No, it feels to real. But...the way it's twisting...no, I can't think about that now. I must fight. I must protect this painting.

Vladimir stood up, painting in one hand and rapier in the other, facing the room. He would reclaim this space, and defeat whatever was twisting it. But just before he lunged forward to engage, the unexpected occurred once more.

"GUH-!"

Vladimir looked down to see a glistening sword piercing through his chest from behind. He could feel blood draining, his energy fading.

"You didn't think you'd be rid of me that easily, did you!? Now give me back MY BODY!"

The world spun and leaped, with the cackling of the old, grotesque man echoing through his mind. It was maddening, disturbing and disorienting, then everything cut to black.

He awoke abruptly, still down on his knees in some sort of arena. Kryas and Serena were sprawled out on the ground nearby as if flung there, still alive and groaning slightly. Vladimir was still dizzy can disoriented, but after a short moment he was able to gather himself. "Ah, this is the guild hall...the arena area in the back...why am I-" His memories of the dreams and nightmares he'd just suffered from rushed back through his mind, ending with two conflicting scenes vying for the forefront of his thoughts. The painting of Liliana and Soren, and the man piercing him through the heart from behind. He began breaking down, but held himself together, placing his head in the palm of his hand. That's when he noticed that something laid in his other hand.

"What in the-! How is this even possible?" Tears welled in his eyes as he brought the frame up before him. It was the painting from his dreams of Liliana and Soren, though much smaller than what he'd actually dreamt, maybe a foot by one and a half feet. Still, to see the image before him was overwhelming. He continued to sit staring at it for a long while.

I'll never forget this scene again. Thank goodness...
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"Let's just say-We have a certain experience dealing with nightmares." The pair stated in unison while the bard reached out a hand to get the vampire standing and Serena did her closing mantra to seal away the gate to the world of dreams. The gossamer butterflies scattering around the trio like a sandstorm or waves on the ocean as the escaped. Seeming to evaporate into the crisp night air some clinging to the pairs hair and cloths before disappearing

"All told I think everything went as well as can be expected and we even managed to get a prize in the end. Though I do have to say you have a nasty left jab. If Serena wasn't here to help me keep up things might have gotten ugly." Once the vampire was standing the smiling half elf was busily dusting the dirt and grim from the remains of his roomate's sleeping wear as if it was perfectly normal.

"You would have managed better then you let on." said Serena with a smirk flipping her hair out behind her allowing the knots to fall free. Once the half elf was done she set in on him checking him over and feeling for broken bones and the like. It took several minutes and despite any protest she seemed satisfied that there was no real lasting damage. "Well you doesn't look like you took to much physical damage. I would normally offer to help with any mental strain, but I doubt it will do much good. In my proffessional opinion I think some actual life blood from someone and some good memories will help the most. Don't let them get lost again okay? I'm going back to bed if you need me." She ruffled the vampire's hair gave a lasting look at Kryas then left with a wave back towards the guild hall not allowing any time for thanks or the like. Leaving the two men on their own.

Kryas watched her go for a moment her hair seeming to glow in the moonlight before coming back to reality. "You want help getting back? I don't mind."

Linwelin

Vladimir was at a loss after Kryas helped him to his feet, followed by both his and Serena's inspection. He could see that both of them weren't in exactly the best of shape themselves; at the very least they were disheveled. The following conversation between the two was nothing too out of the ordinary, almost like they were verbally giving each other a high-five for their work. Still, Vladimir had a pit in his stomach.

"I know Kryas was aware of my condition, but aren't you being too nonchalant, Serena? Especially for one that's divinely touched. Aren't I the kind of being you'd normally wish to destroy?" His head was still reeling from the night terror he'd just returned from, it was certainly one of the worst he'd experienced in a very long time. It had been years since he'd rampaged in his sleep.

At Kryas' comment for company, Vladimir shook his head, "Thank you, but I'd like to be by myself for a while." He looked down at the painting in his hands, still in shock.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Before Serena ruffled his hair and left for bed She mocked thinking for a moment, "Hmm, nah it's too nice a night for unneeded blood shed. Besides my God tends to be a more aloof man and isn't much for blind zeal in most cases. So as I figure you'll be your own worst punishment and in the scheme of things I've had to go throw worse for someone we both know." She ruffled his hair with a wink and then moved to leave her bright crimson prayer beads clanging around her wrist as she went.

When she was gone Kryas smiled, "Well if you are sure you'll be fine. I'm a bit to excited to go to bed myself so I'll probably see you later." He turned away from his roommate with a smile a single black butterfly landing in his hair as he went whistling a little tune as he left the training arena and Vladimir to be on his own.

Linwelin

Vladimir silently nods to his friend in recognition, watching him walk off for a short while before turning his attention back down to the painting in his hands. It had been so long since he'd seen a visage of of his late wife and child, and as he traced a finger across the painted faces, images once more began to flood through his mind. The priestess was right, he certainly had enough regret to be considering self-punishing. That they were gone had been a tough pill to swallow; even now he didn't understand why he'd left them alone thinking that any sum of money could keep them safe in his absence. He'd lost his world and his own humanity through that moment, and even 70 or so years later, Vladimir felt the stinging truth of that decision. Had he thought of destroying himself before? Of course. Why wouldn't a once-human-monster curse its own fate like that. But he recognized that even his abominable condition could be of use to those around him. This strength and longevity could save people. It was his penance, for those he'd failed before.

Even with these feelings coming to the surface, Vladimir couldn't help being a little happier. As he continued to look over the moonlit frame, he realized that he'd nearly forgotten their faces. It was of their earlier years, only soon after Soren had been born, but Vladimir could say without hesitation that they were some of the best years they had. Little strife, no hunger, bountiful fields, and plenty of laughter. Tears well up in his eyes, but he wore a smile on his face, both reminiscent and forlorn in nature. He would not get that time back, even with the endless years ahead of him, there was no way to do it. But now he would not forget them, no matter how many painful trauma and memories tried to bury the happy memories he had of them. Liliana pulling him back into bed when he tried to get up for work; she'd always been so good to him regardless of the circumstances he'd forced on her with his decision. Soren trying to pick up a plow to help Vladimir in the fields, despite being four years old; he truly would have grown up to be a good man. Vladimir could once again recall the smell of Liliana's cooking, she was a goddess in the kitchen. And of course, the hysterical moment Soren spoke his first words: cow pie. Tears were rolling down the man's cheeks now, unable to suppress the 'hic' sounds made by his shaky inhales and sobs.

That was a time of another century, a time when he could be a normal farmer, and a normal person. A time and feeling that was long gone. And after the reminder of the horrible fate the two before him suffered, his determination was renewed. He would live on, for the both of them, and fight so that others might experience a happiness like the one he'd lived, those many years ago.

"I will not fail again...Liliana...Soren..."

It took him a good while to steady himself and wipe his tears, finally mustering the will to head back inside for sleep. He saw the mess he'd caused on his way, apologizing to any he passed. At times they actually applauded him as he walked by; it was probably Kryas' doing, that silver tongue of his truly worked magic. He arrived at the broken door to his room, nodding silently to his roommate once again, but refusing to speak. Instead he propped the painting against the wall near his bed, intending to hang it in the morning, and gave it one more longing glance before attempting to sleep once more. He had a genuine belief that the terrors would not cause him to go berserk again. After all, he had a couple guardian angels watching over him as he slept once more.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_