Chapter 2A - The Jewels of Beenleigh

Started by pringerbeam, February 19, 2017, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Henry blushes at your questioning.  "Oh, uh yes I can answer any questions you might have.  I don't know how much I can tell you.  I'm just a simple servant.  Um..."  He looks around himself for a place to set down his packages before resigning himself to remaining standing.  "What would you like to know?  I was asleep when the robbery happened so I didn't see anything."

Oath

"You may have been asleep when the robbery took place, but there are other things you may know. Do you happen to know if there is anyone with a particularly large amount of ill will towards the Beenleighs? That's probably the best place to start."

[info]
Empathy to see if Henry is being honest.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 1, 6, 1, total 8[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

Exploding 6. [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

"I don't think anyone could be called an enemy of the family.  They try to keep out of the politics of the nobility.  Though...  Robert does have a taste for creating scandal.  I think that it is more a source of gossip for the high class than anything that would earn him enemies."

[info]While what he says here is true, you sense that he is hiding some other information.[/info]

Asta

"Has he done anything considered gossip worthy lately?" Ilsa asked, hoping that Henry himself enjoyed the rumor mill.

Oath

"we've experienced his penchant for making a fool of himself first hand, but are you sure that there isn't anything that has been done lately that would have enraged a family enough for them to take action? Perhaps one too many crude passes at their beloved daughter?"

[info] Charm.
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 4, 6, 2, 4, 6, 1, total 23[/blockquote]
Beautiful dice [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info]exploding sixes
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Black Dice[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 6, 5, 4, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

"Well, it's not really offensive to anyone besides his brother but Robert has recently been making the rounds though London's opium dens over the last few months.  He actually returned from one on the night of the burglary.  I remember because I could smell the smoke on him when he came back while I was polishing the silver."

Oath

"Forgive me if it is improper to ask this, but do you feel like Robert may have stolen the goods himself to continue to fund his habits? You make it sound as if he is a frequent customer and I'd like to explore all avenues to reach a conclusion of what could have happened with your employers belongings."

[info] Charm [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1, total 23[/blockquote]
Beautiful dice: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info]exploding sixes
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

"I don't see why he would need to.  He has access to all the family's funds.  As his brother has only daughters, Robert has joint control of all the family's wealth.  Even with Robert's expensive habits though I doubt he could go through the family's entire wealth without anyone in the household not noticing and his brother's compaints are more around his brother's treatment of the family name than any complaints about money.  He often says: 'Money can make a title but it can not make a name.'  I'm sure he would have brought up any financial troubles the family was having, especially if Robert was the cause."

Asta

Ilsa thought for a moment, and decided to shift the line of questioning away from Robert's activities.

"In your capacity as a servant of the Beenleigh's you must be familiar with the comings and goings of guests your master's receive, am I correct? Have Robert and Reginald entertained many visitors in the last month, and more specifically have any struck you as the unscrupulous type? Naturally, your opinions will remain confidential."

pringerbeam

"No one comes to mind.  The family doesn't take many guests.  Their home is too small to host an adequate party so Reginald's wife and daughters attend the festivities of others.  Also, the party season has yet to start really so they haven't hosted any guests.  Robert... well he hasn't brought anyone to the house for some time.  Reginald grew tired of his... company... quite a while ago, so Robert hasn't brought anyone to the house that recently.  Reginald himself doens't entertain that often.  He prefers to spend his time at the Lanterlight Club where he is a member and invites any guests he might have there for the most part."

Asta

"If I may ask, what kind of establishment is the Lanterlight Club? I have not been in London for long, and am unfamiliar with its social locations."