Recent posts

Dreams of Paradise / Re: CH1: Falling in the Deep E...
Last post by Mysticsage - July 18, 2023, 04:35:15 PM
It seems like your attempt to raise the spirits of the two boys, especially with Veritas, had little affect to change their moods, but at least it didn't seem like it made anything actively worse. As you slam into the pair's back however the sting seems to get them both out of their stupors.

"Armand is right-"
Veritas sighed, "We can't just sit here forever. We'll get ourselves ready and meet you outside."

Within a few short minutes the three of you had gathered outside in the island sun in what remained of your adventuring gear, and what few rags were required to hold the rest together. You lack weapons, defenses, shelter, food, safety, and prospects. But at least you have your lives, warm sun at your backs and a chance to write your own destiny. You three have made it this far, there is no turning back now.

"Well it seems like the three of you are in good spirits. I'm glad to see you three up and about!" Mira said as she had come to check on you.

"It's rare that people end up surviving the barrier storm together, so its good to see every now and again when it happens. So what's next for you three?"
Last post by Schnizzer - July 11, 2023, 06:20:00 PM
[info]Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote][/info]
Last post by Schnizzer - July 11, 2023, 05:00:49 PM
Armand anxiously rubbed the back of his neck again for a moment then sighed. "Listen, it isn't your fault. And no one died. And we aren't in a position we can't come back from. If anything I probably could have been more forthcoming about Valerie Renard. This isn't some professional competition for glory and recognition. This is very... personal." He gets quiet for a moment before looking up at both of his companions with a somber look. "She had my father killed to steal his life's work. She tried to have us killed to stop us from reaching this island. She'll kill anyone who gets in her way. But we have an advantage that she doesn't," Armand then smiles wide as he walks up to the other two and claps them on their backs. "The reason she is trying to take us out is because she knows we're better. Now get some clothes on and come with me outside. We need to see what's left of our ship."
Last post by Mysticsage - June 14, 2023, 05:06:31 PM
[info]Perception 19

As you look over the pair in detail, as they gather their thoughts, you notice some details about the pair that hadn't been apparent before. Although the fact that you didn't notice some of these things up to this point may be odd but not outlandish.

For instance, as you look at Veritas you notice that his torn clothing reveals that he is a fair bit more muscular then his reedy stature led you to believe. You now can see that he has a clear swimmer's build. You also only notice now a light line of a scar across the bridge of the half elf's nose. It was in clear relief due to the bruising, but it was clearly too well healed to be new from the crash. Last but not least, a small metal hope with an onyx band caught your eye on one of his ears that it is hard to say that he was wearing before.

Raynolt on the other hand, caught your attention for the complete opposite reason. Raynolt had been rough and rugged since the moment you met him, but now as you look at the man, many of his scars, while still present, seem less red and noticeable outside of a handful. You also notice that one scar that threatened one of his eyes before was nothing more then a light line now.

To add to the strangeness, as he sat down on the cot on the other side of his ward you can feel the structure sagging noticeably under his weight, an odd occurrence for someone for someone asleep for days to pack on pounds. Though he still looked as for as ever. The last thing that caught your eye was a small matching earring as the younger half elf.

[/info]
Last post by Schnizzer - June 12, 2023, 12:14:52 PM
Perception on Veritas and Raynolt

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote]
Last post by Mysticsage - May 23, 2023, 06:13:13 PM
"Help me sit up," Veritas asked as Armand spoke only to freeze mid movement. "-THREE DAYS!"

His face went nearly as pail as he slumped back into bed shocked at the realization. He ran his free hand over his body as if to check for open wounds even though he knew there was nothing there. You notice as he runs his hand over his face for the first time that something seems slightly off about his nose, it would be unsurprising if he smacked it when the ship crashed. Its hard to tell exactly what's different without looking closer, but your subconscious caught something.

"We owe these people a lot if they took care of us for three days. If they're stuck here like we are then I don't know how I feel about pulling them into our problems," Raynolt said as he stood with a grown, checking himself over and stepping gingerly on each foot before looking satisfied. The movement pulling you away from Veritas for a moment, before the younger half elf made about getting out of bed for the second time.

"I'm with Ray, I don't wish to be a burden. It's already my fault that I got you in this mess, all because I wanted to prove something to my father-" his head hung low as he swung himself out of the makeshift cot refusing to look you in the eyes.

"Just for the record," Raynolt cut in, "I never said we shouldn't use these people in order to survive. They've been here long enough to build homes. It would be beyond stupid not to learn about the island and what it takes to keep living here. It's probably best that we focus on the basics till we are sure that we are in top form regardless."

It is clear that this pair is still a fair bit shaken about almost drowning at sea, even if all told things could have gone far worse for the three of you. The pair continue to glance between you and the strange surroundings of the building that you are in as the half orc sits on the other side of his ward as you do, sandwiching Veritas in the middle.

"I'm glad no one died," he finally whispered.
Last post by Schnizzer - May 13, 2023, 10:37:10 PM
Armand let out a small hiss of pain and surprise from the shock that quickly turned smile as he shook feeling back into his hand. It was good to see them up and about. As soon as they asked about the situation, though, the smile faded just as quickly. He let out a heavy sigh as he got up and walked across the room, taking his hat off and brush his hair back with his hand. He turned around to face them both, "We are not dead and made it to the island. The ship is beached outside but I don't know how much of the supplies survived and what hasn't been looted. We were rescued by some locals so you have them to thank for not being dead. They took care of us while we were recovering for the past. Three. Days!"

Armand put extra emphasis on the amount of time that has passed since the betrayal on the ship. If he were to be honest with himself, the fact three days had passed didn't really upset Armand. He was sure they would make up for the lost time. He was being impatient because he knew somewhere on this island was the captain who left them to die and the person responsible for his father's death, and they were after his father's life's work. He scratched the back of his neck before shaking his head and trying to let go of the anger. He could only deal with one problem at a time.

"Now here's the good news; everyone on this island who would want us dead, thinks we are now dead and we have made contact with locals who know the area. So we can try to see if they will help us as guides to move around while buying us time before probably being hunted."
Last post by Mysticsage - May 13, 2023, 05:23:32 PM
As you go gently shake the younger man awake, breaking him out of whatever dream held him, sharp static jumps from his shoulder into your palm. Just as you are shaking out the numbness in your hand, the half-elf and his companion begin to stir for the first time their eyes slowly opening with deep rattling breaths.

"Awww-"
Veritas yawned before locking eyes with you, "-rmand, we're alive! We are alive right?" he asked suddenly looking around the room, as he tried his best to gain his bearings, he also tried to sit up before letting out a soft grown and sinking back into the bed.

"I think we're alive by how bad my head is hurting,"
came the graveled voice of Raynolt. "Glad to see all three of us made it out of that mess alive. So, before I crawl my way out of this bed just tell me how much shit we're in?"

"Did we make it to the island?"
Last post by Schnizzer - May 07, 2023, 06:50:13 AM
Armand stopped and looked at the two sleeping for a moment as a smile of relief slowly came across his face. Despite his rush, he really was concerned for the two men and was happy to see they were mostly in good shape. A sense of calm came over him as the comfort of knowing he wasn't alone here came into his head. The memories of the night their ship sank flooded back to him as he stood there and realized how lucky they really were. Especially, seeing how he really did seem to take most of the punishment. He leaned in the doorway, partly to steady himself but also just to appreciate the moment. They had all almost died just a few days ago and were all lucky to be alive. Armand just stood there in the doorway for a couple minutes, just appreciating the gift of a second chance that they had been given.  Whether by fate or the gods, Armand did not care, because he did not plan to squander it.

He decided he'd let them sleep long enough. He made his way to Veritas' bed and slowly sat on the edge. He then proceeded to softly shake Veritas awake. "Veritas, it's time to wake up!" Armand takes a closer look at his sleeping companion's condition as he tries to stir him from his slumber.
Last post by Mysticsage - May 03, 2023, 10:58:44 PM
Mira watches Armand go looking like she wanted to call after him before thinking better of it simply shaking her head, and turning back to the group, motioning everyone to get back to work.

You make your way back up the beach into the mixture of huts and make shift buildings. The one she pointed you towards was actually one of the largest huts made of a large section of ship. From the side of which hangs a giant stone unicorn, that has a steady stream of white smoke billowing from the horn. As you push your way inside the eight foot tall entryway, you are greeted by the heat of a forge and the clinking of metal as you enter a space that is one part blacksmith, one part storage shed, and one part living quarters. Going up a ladder into the second story you find a small living quarters with the two men sprawled out amongst a pile of pillows and grass rugs.

Both men are still wearing the same clothes as they were on the ship. Without a detailed look, it seems like they suffered little more then a few scraps and bruises. Although, Vertias' arm is lightly bandaged, and Raynolt seems to have the lion's share of the wounds. one hand gripping the corner of the half elf's over coat.

More interesting however, while they both seem to stir at the sound of your voice, they don't wake up but quickly fall back asleep as if they were in a dream they didn't want to wake from.